(Close Window)
Topic: Revelation technique
I just received an email advertising this: http://therevelationtechnique.com/

Anyone know anything about it?
I like the sales letter I can see it selling loads to newbies and lay people.

There didn't seem to be much technique in the revelation....it should be called info getting technique. I think most people with a little experience would already know.
Nothing! I just looked at the ad and it looks like the standard crap ad pimping material to beginners and lay-curious by name dropping. The ad did not appear to be worth a full read. I did do a look up and the owner is hiding his information, but it is registered in GB, that there could be a clue... Hmmm, do the initials JR ring a bell? (No not John Riggs.)

Tony
Not familiar with the effect advertised; however, if something looks/sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I'd also be leery of buying anything from someone who performs in his t-shirt and lacks the "root count" needed to grow a beard, but is too lazy to shave.
[quote]
On 2010-06-18 12:03, Dick Christian wrote:
Not familiar with the effect advertised; however, if something looks/sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I'd also be leery of buying anything from someone who performs in his t-shirt and lacks the "root count" needed to grow a beard, but is too lazy to shave.
[/quote]

:rotf:
[quote]
On 2010-06-18 11:57, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Nothing! I just looked at the ad and it looks like the standard crap ad pimping material to beginners and lay-curious by name dropping. The ad did not appear to be worth a full read. I did do a look up and the owner is hiding his information, but it is registered in GB, that there could be a clue... Hmmm, do the initials JR ring a bell? (No not John Riggs.)

Tony
[/quote]

I doubt JR is involved he would be in the video! But the sales letter is good from the point of view of taking money off newbies and lay people. I think it will sell supposing there is traffic going there.

I thought the "performance" was awful. Would fit nicely with all those street hypnotists though. They probably think the presentation was wonderful.
I did not watch the video; I'd rather use that time in the potty or someplace more worthwhile.
I look at all marketing. For me its time well spent. But then it is an interest of mine...
Guys who need a shave and are wearing white undershirts always come across as authority figures...NOT.
Pure hype
The sales page is pretty good. Voices are Australian, doesn't look like GB in the videos either. The production quality is also far too good to be from the mighty JR.

I don't know what video you guys have been watching, but it certainly doesn't look too good to be true from where I'm sat. The participants all have pens in their hands and I'm sure at least one had a bit of paper. I'll be amazed if this is anything more than a ripoff - so much so that I'm happy to point out that he uses Vimeo to host his sales letter video. It's against the Vimeo TOS to use their service to host commercial videos for a commerical purpose. I'm sure a closed Vimeo account would hit his sales page conversion rate pretty bad.
Message: Posted by: MentalistCreationLab (Jun 18, 2010 07:53PM)
Wow, kindergarten for psychics. Guess you must start somewhere.

Here a cute bunny :bunny:

Just my two cents worth.

The sales ad was reasonably well done. Points for that.
I agree. Great "squeeze page" as they say. The effect, if it really works as well as it's presented, totally baffled me. But I doubt that it plays like the video shows it does. BTW, I thought the accents were Australian, not British. Perhaps one of our Ozzie friends will tell us if I'm right.

This has inspired me to invent a new and astounding effect that's 100% impromptu and works 100% of the time. And it's great for picking up chicks too. Instead of charging $19.95 for it I hereby offer it to the mentalism community for free and release all performance rights irrevocably and worldwide.

I call it Rocketeer's Perfect Panty Prediction. The effect is that you tell women what color panties they're wearing!

It's easy peasy:

Don't shave for a few days.

Wear a T-shirt or wifebeater you've been wearing since you last shaved. Don't comb your hair.

Go to a public place like a park, boardwalk, zoo or amusement park. Approach women at random and after the requisite small talk, tell them you know what color panties they're wearing! Await shocked response and denials.

Then tell them what color panties they're wearing and blow their minds (and maybe get their phone numbers!

Secret: Before you go to the park glue a two by three inch mirror to the top of both or your shoes. As you walk around the venue, nonchalantly stick one of your feet between the legs of random women. Observe the color of their panties then quickly but subtly remove your foot. (If any of them have gone commando it's a nice bonus.) A few minutes later, accost the woman and reveal to her what color panties she's wearing. Believe me, it kills.

I'm sorry but I cannot be held responsible for any legal actions taken against you for assault, sexual assault, invasion of privacy, criminal mischief, creating a public nuisance and the like.

A bonus here in the States is that if the girl is under 18 you may win a fully paid for sabbatical to practice your back palm for ten or twenty years. Not to mention learning the closely guarded secret that's more sought after than "The Tossed Out Deck", It's called "Toss the Salad". A wild experience you (and your audience) will be talking about for a long, long time.

Best of luck!
[quote]The effect, if it really works as well as it's presented, totally baffled me.[/quote]
It obviously doesn't. Otherwise why would they all be holding pens in the middle of a park.
[quote]
Hmmm, do the initials JR ring a bell? (No not John Riggs.)

Tony
[/quote]

Hope this wasn't implying I have some tie here...

No ideas what this is.

Jay Are
[quote]
On 2010-06-18 23:39, Jay Are wrote:
[quote]
Hmmm, do the initials JR ring a bell? (No not John Riggs.)

Tony
[/quote]

Hope this wasn't implying I have some tie here...

No ideas what this is.

Jay Are
[/quote]

No, I was referring to a member of the Royle family. But for reasons mentioned above by others, it is more than likely not him.

Tony
Oh I feel like SUCH a noob. I wasn't watching closely last night and didn't even notice the pens.

Not only is the guy selling an idea you practically absorb in your first week or so studying mentalism, in order to do so he edits each performance he shows so he can get away with it.

Moral of the story: Never buy an effect based on a video, unless maybe it's from a TV show. Stick to effects by and/or endorsed by well-known (at least within the industry) performers.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Jun 19, 2010 11:22AM)
I bought that. I was too eager to learn how Derren Brown and other people can perform this stuff on TV.

Amazing... No riffle forcing, no writing down, no pre-show, no editing...

This may well be the perfect xmas gift for some young kid I know who posts in this forum...
[quote]
On 2010-06-19 12:22, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
I bought that. I was too eager to learn how Derren Brown and other people can perform this stuff on TV.

Amazing... No riffle forcing, no writing down, no pre-show, no editing...

This may well be the perfect xmas gift for some young kid I know who posts in this forum...
[/quote]

I will give you the benefit of doubt here and assume that you were referring to Eshla.
Sadly the method was given away even though his video was tampered with. What's funny is that he further confirmed my suspicion in his own ad text "No tearing, no palming, no switching anything" makes it painfully clear what he is referring to as far as "anything".

I did love the page though nice to see some work put into a page and video. XD His voice was terrible though.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Jun 19, 2010 02:22PM)
[quote]
On 2010-06-19 15:04, magicFreak2 wrote:
I will give you the benefit of doubt here and assume that you were referring to Eshla.
[/quote]

I love benefits...

I love much less doubts...

But judging from the answer you gave back to Rob ...

[quote]
On 2010-05-14 00:23, r1z08 wrote:

Listen, kid.
[/quote]

[quote]
On 2010-05-13 22:35, magicFreak2 wrote:

Actually I just finished my second semester at college. 3.5 GPA. Thanks for the kind thought anyways, though.
[/quote]

... I don't really know if that qualifies you as a kid.
[quote]
On 2010-06-19 15:22, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-06-19 15:04, magicFreak2 wrote:
[/quote]

I love benefits...

I love much less doubts...

But judging from the answer you gave back to Rob ...

[quote]
On 2010-05-14 00:23, r1z08 wrote:

Listen, kid.
[/quote]

[quote]
On 2010-05-13 22:35, magicFreak2 wrote:

Actually I just finished my second semester at college. 3.5 GPA. Thanks for the kind thought anyways, though.
[/quote]

... I don't really know if that qualifies you as a kid.
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification.
[quote]
On 2010-06-19 12:16, Rocketeer wrote:
Oh I feel like SUCH a noob. I wasn't watching closely last night and didn't even notice the pens.

Not only is the guy selling an idea you practically absorb in your first week or so studying mentalism, in order to do so he edits each performance he shows so he can get away with it.

Moral of the story: Never buy an effect based on a video, unless maybe it's from a TV show. Stick to effects by and/or endorsed by well-known (at least within the industry) performers.
[/quote]

Although I like the sales page mainly because I think it will convert a lot of sales its well done. I don't like the fact that it is aimed at lay people and the current popularity with mentalism. This can only be bad for mentalism.
I don't think that it can ONLY be bad for mentalism.

Is there something inherently wrong with producing a mentalism tuition product aimed at the general public?
Yes in my opinion.How can it be good? Its only a step away from exposure.
[quote]Yes in my opinion.How can it be good? Its only a step away from exposure.[/quote]

That step being the changing hands of some money, and as steps go, that has to be one of the most substantial. There is also a long history of magic/mentalism products being marketed to the general public, the first example that springs to mind being Karl Fulves - Self-working Mental Magic. And of course kids magic sets. Is there a kids mentalism set yet?

Really when it comes to mass market products, I see a trade off between the the benifit of keeping the art alive, attracting new blood and ultimatly increasing the level of performance and the negative of the 'exposure' of secrets.

It rather depends on the product, but mass market products CAN be good for the artform. I happen to think this one won't be.
In this day of the internet the whole marketing thing has been redefined. We don't need anyone heavily marketing to lay people to keep the art alive. We already have forums like this that attract those that are seeking.

Before the internet you had to go looking in bookshops or mail order magic book dealers. Yet the art survived. Yet it would be rare to ever meet anyone that even kne these books existed. In this day and age that has all changed.

I think there is already far more than enough to keep the art alive. On the contary too many may actually kill it.

Of course this is my opinion.
But before the internet, if you wanted to find information about anything you had to 'go looking in bookshops'. Now you have to go looking on the internet. Still no argument against mass market products. As for this forum, I'd prefer that someone paid $20 of their own money to learn their first 'secret' than come here and read it for free.

[quote]I think there is already far more than enough to keep the art alive. On the contary too many may actually kill it.[/quote]
Well, there is little chance of it dying - that is agreed, and I can at least see the point you are making. However, I'd venture that we could double the number of people performing mentalism and as an artform, reap the benifits of a second Osterlind and damage the artform very little in the process. My opinion of course... but who's opinion is most correct ;)
[quote]
On 2010-06-19 20:53, Davit Sicseek wrote:
But before the internet, if you wanted to find information about anything you had to 'go looking in bookshops'. Now you have to go looking on the internet. Still no argument against mass market products. As for this forum, I'd prefer that someone paid $20 of their own money to learn their first 'secret' than come here and read it for free.
[/quote]

I fully agree with you. If someone shells out $20 for a billet peek, and they really practice it, not only does it show they're not freeloaders, but it would truly get them on the right track to mentalism. Practice.

I would say it's a far cry from exposure. Someone pays $20 to learn something, you can bet they will at least put some effort into it.
When will people realize that everything that is offered as new is in the old books.

All anyone has to do is search the old manuals and they will find what they are looking for.

What is different is now we are being spoon fed everything. If you are not being spoon fed then it is your's

do some research!
Magicfreak, you'll love this effect !
[quote]
On 2010-06-19 22:27, edh wrote:
When will people realize that everything that is offered as new is in the old books.

All anyone has to do is search the old manuals and they will find what they are looking for.

What is different is now we are being spoon fed everything. If you are not being spoon fed then it is your's

do some research!
[/quote]

True, but to begin in mentalism some feel they need to be led in by a flashy product. It's the first step that counts, even if just looking into al Mann will give you plenty of billet peeks (no doubt the rev. Tech. is a billet peek).

Thank you parmenion but I think I'll pass.
Okay. Maybe your curiosity didn't get the better of you. Mine did. I too knew it to be a billet routine, but hoped it was something new. Stupid of me.

WARNING! Read no further if you do not want to know.

We should be able to be specific to some extent here at least enough to say he is selling "Acidus Novis". He does credit Millard Longman, but doesn't say he has permission to repackage and sell it.
[quote]
On 2010-06-24 23:13, Ray Thompson wrote:
Okay. Maybe your curiosity didn't get the better of you. Mine did. I too knew it to be a billet routine, but hoped it was something new. Stupid of me.

WARNING! Read no further if you do not want to know.

We should be able to be specific to some extent here at least enough to say he is selling "Acidus Novis". He does credit Millard Longman, but doesn't say he has permission to repackage and sell it.
[/quote]

Why am I not surprised.
Well, this sounds totally unethical.

Aside from that, in the FAQ, question 6 says, “Can I buy this anywhere else? No. This is the only place in the world you will be able to buy The Revelation Technique.”

If the Revelation Technique is actually Millard Longman’s Acidus Novus, then isn’t this statement a fraudulent misrepresentation?

Does Millard know about this?

Who is this guy, anyways?
Elliott wrote:

[quote]If the Revelation Technique is actually Millard Longman’s Acidus Novus, then isn’t this statement a fraudulent misrepresentation?[/quote]

Sure sounds like it! (Although I'd call it a 'fraudulent representation,' because if it was a 'fraudulent misrepresentation', wouldn't that make it true? :) )

Bob
In my assessment, if this is what it sounds like, it is completely unethical and something needs to be done about it...soon!

Regards,
Mike
[quote]
On 2010-06-25 14:01, ElliottB wrote:
Well, this sounds totally unethical.

Aside from that, in the FAQ, question 6 says, “Can I buy this anywhere else? No. This is the only place in the world you will be able to buy The Revelation Technique.”

If the Revelation Technique is actually Millard Longman’s Acidus Novus, then isn’t this statement a fraudulent misrepresentation?

Does Millard know about this?

Who is this guy, anyways?
[/quote]

I think he probably adds "great presentation tips" to make it "the revelation technique"... Lol.
It seems unlikely (although I can tell from the “LOL” that you definitely agree.)

I don’t think it is a coincidence that the person selling the revelation technique does not provide his name, and that the supposed testimonials are all anonymous. It gives the impression that the seller knows he is doing something wrong on several fronts, but wants to make a quick buck and not be held accountable.

Firstly, he is selling Millard’s technique without permission.

Secondly, he is ripping of consumers who, may already know Acidus Novus, and are led to believe they are purchasing something else. This misrepresentation is doubly enforced by calling Acidus Novus something else, and claiming that it is not available anywhere else.

The fact that he credits Millard in the video makes things even more egregious. It shows that it is not some independent invention. It proves that he knows that it is Millard’s technique that he is selling without permission and renaming to fool potential consumers.
I say this with all the respect in the world...It was clear as day what it was right from the very start.
I found this thread a little late :)
[quote]
On 2010-06-25 15:18, Pete Legend wrote:
I say this with all the respect in the world...It was clear as day what it was right from the very start.
[/quote]

I thought he'd have at least come up with a semi original peek..

He has SEO all over the net about his effect.

Seems like he's never heard of Intellectual Propert. You don't just buy a peek then resell it. To whoever said they bought it, does it say his name anywhere, like in a credits or support section?
Just so you know, he has been leant on and word is that it will vanish in the next hour.

Sean Taylor
[quote]
On 2010-06-28 01:42, SeanTaylor wrote:
Just so you know, he has been leant on and word is that it will vanish in the next hour.

Sean Taylor
[/quote]

Care to share more details?

I would always have thought that it would vanish after a short period (or the price increased dramatically). This is how a lot of marketing works these days. Of course, it will be back at a similar price eventually. Probably after he has repeated the process with a few other of 'his' effects.
[quote]
On 2010-06-28 07:05, Davit Sicseek wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-06-28 01:42, SeanTaylor wrote:

Sean Taylor
[/quote]

Care to share more details?

I would always have thought that it would vanish after a short period (or the price increased dramatically). This is how a lot of marketing works these days. Of course, it will be back at a similar price eventually. Probably after he has repeated the process with a few other of 'his' effects.
[/quote]

Interesting point, probably why he had th count down, he knew he would be caught!
Everyone is saying that they don't know who is selling this... I don't know about everyone else here, But the e-mail I got was from one Tim David.

I think its safe to say that he has SOMETHING to do with it. Don't you think?

Oh and the video and advert are still up. Someone needs to "Lean" a little harder I guess.
If "Sold Out" is vanishing, then it has indeed vanished!
I just checked and the site is still up and running a "special" through 7-4. Does anyone know if Millard has been alerted to this situation?
I've had a search and I don't think Tim David is the man. Perhaps he is just promoting it as an affiliate?

Time for some naming and shaming.

This page indicates the a certain Michael Vinci is behind it:
http://www.aweber.com/archive/freemagictricks/Pzg8/t/FINAL_NOTICE_.htm

Who is Michael Vinci? Maybe he is the marketing man who hired the mentalist to create the product? Maybe he is one of the below... Or someone else???? A real life spook.

As for the performer, meet Xavier:
http://www.brisbanebands.com.au/brisbane-bands/magicians/xavier/xavier.html

Is this his account here on the Café? (Xavier from Australia)
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_profile.php?mode=view&user=7924

And his filming and video editing buddies Sean Mergard and Peter Nguyen:
http://www.peteymajik.com
http://www.seanmergard.com

http://vimeo.com/10969733 (An early trailer for the product hosted on Sean's Vimeo)
http://vimeo.com/5504072 (Sean being generally wack)

Watch out though. Don't lean on them too hard. They look like some tough guys.
BTW: Although the product is says sold out at the regular address, all this affiliate traffic is going to this page:
http://therevelationtechnique.com/affiliate.html

I also notice that the professional magician that gives the product an endorsement under the name Wayne B bears a striking resembelence to australian 'celebrity' magician Christopher Wayne who just coincidentally has Sean Mergard has his number one MySpace friend:
http://www.myspace.com/chriswaynemagic

I see that to break Vimeo's TOS they bothered to create a new account to hold the trailer. Hopefully they did that from a different IP on a computer that has never been used to log in to Sean's main account. It would be a frightful shame if both accounts were deleted for TOS violations.
[quote]
On 2010-06-29 01:54, Davit Sicseek wrote:
I've had a search and I don't think Tim David is the man. Perhaps he is just promoting it as an affiliate?

[/quote]

I don't really care what Tim David's connection is with the thing. He's connected with it and that's enough. Tim David sent me the e-mail with the link to this saying that this method was "Gold". That means that Tim David knows exactly what it is. That makes him just as responsible as anyone else as far as I'm concerned. And I'm sure he didn't send out the e-mails pushing this product for nothing.
OK. He should be punished (along with the other 100 or so affiliates.)

So Australian mentalists? What's the low-down on these little rascals?
Yes. I'm sure hundreds of people are involved.

Whats the deal? You seem pleased as punch to implicate the people whom you searched for to find their names, But when it comes to implicating the only guy with his name on it and who is pushing the thing through e-mails you seem reluctant to say the least.

What gives?
[quote]What gives?[/quote]

I am Tim David. You caught me out.

Are you trying to be sarcastic in agreeing that hundreds of people are involved? I hope not. A brief glance for "The Revelation Technique" shows dozens of affiliates promoting the product and since it's sold though Clickbank, this is hardly surprising.

[quote]Whats the deal? You seem pleased as punch to implicate the people whom you searched for to find their names, But when it comes to implicating the only guy with his name on it and who is pushing the thing through e-mails you seem reluctant to say the least.[/quote]

What do you mean, the 'only' guy with his name on it?

I've given you the name of the mentalist, the guy who did the filming and the guy who edited it. Tim David is small fry, there is a chance I am wrong, but I bet he's just one of the many promoting it and you just happen to be unlucky enough to be on his email list. I highly doubt that it is anything more than Tim having an email list and thinking he can make a few $ by promoting an affiliate product.
I mean its the only name that I see when I look at the e-mail pushing the thing. Let me say it in a way that is easily understood. If it was not for Tim David, I would not have even known about this product. It was his e-mail that prompted me to look at the ad and then subsequently search for it here. How many others did he send it to?

Yes, Hes making a few dollars promoting it. So are the ones who made it. I say that puts them all in pretty good company together. If its not a big deal for the guy "Promoting it" and making a few bucks, Whats the big deal at all? Why do searches and try to name names at all if your going to try and downplay those whom YOU think are small fry's?

The bottom line is that he's in on it just like anyone else. He threw his hat into the ring.
I think that voldemort is davit's secret twin, which is the goodie - which is the baddie?
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Jun 29, 2010 03:36PM)
[quote]
On 2010-06-18 11:37, Caféinst wrote:
I just received an email advertising this: http://therevelationtechnique.com/

Anyone know anything about it?
[/quote]

I'm curious...

Only Caféinst did receive that e-mail?
Nop, I received it and I only drink tea.
More seriously, Paolo, people can read your post are Caféinst, so how somedody don't be on the Café can read it and of course answer to you ? :)
I checked just moment ago and the message appears.

"This trick is no longer being sold."

As soon as anyone 'in the know' found out, the game was stopped. Let's put this down to an exuberant and slightly naive youth and move on.

I can't remember the last time a knock-off was stopped this quickly (or indeed stopped at all). Let's all be thankful for that.

Sean Taylor
Voldermort - We don't seem to be getting very far. If you want to concentrate on chopping off the beasts tentacles fair enough. I'm more inclined to go for the head.

Sean, if you look at my post further up the page you'll see that the item is still for sale at this page:
http://therevelationtechnique.com/affiliate.html (which is where his affiliates are sending the traffic)

People need to understand that with most products sold through clickbank (of which this is one), most of the sales come from affiliates - not from organic search traffic. The fact that they have closed the front page of the sites is most likely having minimal effect on their sales since affiliate traffic is all directed to the page I linked above.

What's more, those marketers (like Tim David and the others) that are promoting the product can even say things like "The product has already been withdrawn from the market, but since I'm buddies with Xavier we've set up this secret link just for you....."
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Jun 29, 2010 05:15PM)
[quote]
On 2010-06-29 18:09, Davit Sicseek wrote:

Sean, if you look at my post further up the page you'll see that the item is still for sale at this page:

http://therevelationtechnique.com/affiliate.html (which is where his affiliates are sending the traffic)
[/quote]

Loh and behold... As for some weird magic... the page is there and the sales go on!

Thank you Davit, for all of your research! :)
I couldn’t believe it could be, but then I clicked, and there it was for sale. I hope this was some sort of mistake.
[quote]
On 2010-06-29 17:46, SeanTaylor wrote:
I checked just moment ago and the message appears.

"This trick is no longer being sold."

As soon as anyone 'in the know' found out, the game was stopped. Let's put this down to an exuberant and slightly naive youth and move on.

I can't remember the last time a knock-off was stopped this quickly (or indeed stopped at all). Let's all be thankful for that.

Sean Taylor
[/quote]

You better try again.

This Rip Off product is still being promoted by multiple affiliates
Still
See this page: http://therevelationtechnique.com/truthorlie.html
Well, guess what? It's Back! The Revelation Effect a.k.a. The Revelation Technique will be launched on december, 12th. I wonder if there will be anything new in this instant download.

see this: therevelationeffect.com

Anyway, it clearly seems to be done with a piece of paper, as in the video the mentalist is holding a piece of paper (which seems to be folded, right through the center, I wonder what that could be good for *g*). But, alas, that is the one thing I don't understand. If it has to be done with the spectator writing down his secret word and I catch a glimpse of it or whatever, how can it be totally impromptu? In the video it says 100% impromptu and to me that means I could literally perform this effect naked with nothing in my hands. Or am I wrong?
Isn't it interesting that the contact us and terms of use aren't clickable?
[quote]
On 2010-12-06 15:25, DekEl wrote:
Isn't it interesting that the contact us and terms of use aren't clickable?
[/quote]

Yeah, funny. =)

Oh that's not entirely true. Please have a quick look at the page http://therevelationeffect.com/contact.html# which leads to a 404 http error message - and right there, at the bottom, the terms, contact, trademark and privacy links are indeed clickable - but nonetheless they don't lead anywhere but to the 404 error message.

Seems to me that someone again wants to make some dirty money with acidus novus.. But this happy little camper here won't help him. Come on man, whoever you are, that's bad karma.

BTW, Mr Dekel, thanks for mindcraft: perceptions, I really like it. Great stuff, small price - thanks a lot!! =)
I bought it, Its good, I will be able to use it as it suits my style of magic, The link to the original effect is given (http://www.mevproshop.com/acidus-novus.html) which I suppose is better than giving no credit to the original effect, It comes with 3 bonuses (Think of a card, Psychological opener and Q&A) which can be used as a follow in to effect but because its not original and it is just a old trick wrapped up in new packaging I give it 6/10
It may be good, but it's not only not the original, but reselling Millard's intellectual property, WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION, and with no added value; seriously, like his little spin-offs are real effects... It's not just an old trick, it's not in the public domain, it's a well designed, copyrighted method that this individual is stealing, repackaging, and selling with no known clearly stated benefit to Longman, and hyped up to sell like hot cakes to unsuspecting individuals.
[quote]
On 2010-12-12 19:45, BradleyThomson wrote:
The link to the original effect is given (http://www.mevproshop.com/acidus-novus.html) which I suppose is better than giving no credit to the original effect,
[/quote]

So a thief advises everyone where he stole the stuff from? That's not quite 'giving credit'.

Is this from that dork draped across someone else's Rolls Royce?
Bradley-

Six out of ten for stolen material?

Seriously???????????????
I get the people who are clueless and don't know any better buying this, but to knowingly purchase something that you know is a ripoff of someone else's work and support thievery is something I can't wrap my head around.
This makes me so angry!

I want to stop that thief!
It would appear his plans were laid deeper than we thought:

http://therevelationeffect.com/affiliategroup.html

"The Revelation Effect" might just be an affiliate...
So, has anyone actually purchased this? Can anyone who has seen it verify that it is Acidus Novus?
[quote]
On 2010-12-12 19:45, BradleyThomson wrote:
I bought it, Its good, I will be able to use it as it suits my style of magic, The link to the original effect is given (http://www.mevproshop.com/acidus-novus.html) which I suppose is better than giving no credit to the original effect, It comes with 3 bonuses (Think of a card, Psychological opener and Q&A) which can be used as a follow in to effect but because its not original and it is just a old trick wrapped up in new packaging I give it 6/10
[/quote]

John, according to Bradley Thompson it is.
Thanks Tony. Ok, lynch him. (I'm from Alabama; it's what we do.)
[quote]
On 2010-06-29 01:54, Davit Sicseek wrote:

Time for some naming and shaming.

This page indicates the a certain Michael Vinci is behind it:
http://www.aweber.com/archive/freemagictricks/Pzg8/t/FINAL_NOTICE_.htm

Who is Michael Vinci? Maybe he is the marketing man who hired the mentalist to create the product? Maybe he is one of the below... Or someone else???? A real life spook.

As for the performer, meet Xavier:
http://www.brisbanebands.com.au/brisbane-bands/magicians/xavier/xavier.html

Is this his account here on the Café? (Xavier from Australia)
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_profile.php?mode=view&user=7924

And his filming and video editing buddies Sean Mergard and Peter Nguyen:
http://www.peteymajik.com
http://www.seanmergard.com

http://vimeo.com/10969733 (An early trailer for the product hosted on Sean's Vimeo)
http://vimeo.com/5504072 (Sean being generally wack)

Watch out though. Don't lean on them too hard. They look like some tough guys.
[/quote]

The effect is back on the market again, but under a new name "The Revelation Effect".

The reference to the Magic Café profile is for a totally different Xavier. His name is Xavier Moody, and he is a reputable magician/illusionist from the Gold Coast, Queensland, and would never be associated with a dodgy marketing scam in any way. He is currently working a three month contract in Singapore.
I can´t contact this thief.
[quote]
On 2010-12-13 20:31, Dave Lord wrote:

The reference to the Magic Café profile is for a totally different Xavier. His name is Xavier Moody, and he is a reputable magician/illusionist from the Gold Coast, Queensland, and would never be associated with a dodgy marketing scam in any way.
[/quote]

Ah .. all is explained .. there's a good Xavier and there's an evil Xavier
@mastermindreader I was reviewing the effect, not the rest about where he got it from, its disgusting that he stole it but again I was reviewing the effect, If I had known it was stolen before I bought it I wouldn't of bought it, take in the stealing of the effect and I give it 1/10 and that 1 simply being the presentation tips he gives and yes there is a contact email it is customersupport@therevelationeffect.com
[quote]
On 2010-12-14 22:04, BradleyThomson wrote:
@mastermindreader I was reviewing the effect, not the rest about where he got it from, its disgusting that he stole it but again I was reviewing the effect, If I had known it was stolen before I bought it I wouldn't of bought it, take in the stealing of the effect and I give it 1/10 and that 1 simply being the presentation tips he gives and yes there is a contact email it is customersupport@therevelationeffect.com
[/quote]

Xavier , is that you?
I mean seriously, anyone who comes onto the Café and as their 2nd post
promotes an obviously dubious product is not going to be taken seriously.

But thanks for links, you're very well informed : )
[quote]
On 2010-12-14 23:16, bubbleburst2004 wrote:
I mean seriously, anyone who comes onto the Café and as their 2nd post
promotes an obviously dubious product is not going to be taken seriously.

But thanks for links, you're very well informed : )
[/quote]
I know, My hair is purple for god sakes, I don't even take myself seriously.

Anyway guys don't buy this effect, buy the original.
[quote]
On 2010-12-13 22:37, J. Prager wrote:
I can´t contact this thief.
[/quote]

Problem solved :) customersupport@therevelationeffect.com
I think you are behind this.
Im not behind it, Im a hypnotist that is moving into mentalism, I'm 14 years old, what I have been saying isn't supporting the effect, I'll go edit my review ok?

EDIT : it won't let me edit my review of it so this is my new review to please everyone.

Don't buy this, go buy the original ( http://www.mevproshop.com/acidus-novus.html ) this guy has stolen the effect and wrapped it up in new packaging, the guy even blatantly says its stolen from someone else, The bottom line, don't buy this.
I just got sent a email from the "support team" about my comments on here and this completely changes my view on the situation.

Here is the main points of the email

"1. This trick or effect has NOT been stolen
2. This is NOT a ripoff
3. This is intended for beginner magicians and mentalists"

"Full permission has been given to teach and sell this video by the original
creator of the method taught within the Revelation Video."

"The link you have referred to is given for access to the original manuscript provided by Millard Longman himself."

"It is unfortunate that magicians/mentalists like yourself make such negative comments on forums etc
based on your ignorance and lack of respect."

"Feel free though to let those at the magic Café who you have posted to, know that this is indeed a legitimate
product, one of high quality and taught and sold with full permission granted in every way."

PM me if you want the full message that was sent to me but above is most of the message.

Ok I'm gonna stop trying to fit in with your guys views and say what I really think about the product, Its great, High quality, Fantastically produced and explains everything in great detail, It has performance tips for if people choose a person or a object, tells you how to make it into a muscle reading routine and what to do if it all goes wrong and comes with openers you can use before the trick and how to clean up at the end. and good 9/10 in my opinion, I know others will disagree.

Ignore everything else I have said because some people on here getting me to believe it was stolen when they have no clue themselves, come on guys, do research first and stop misleading people about a product.
Bradley

We DID do the research, rather than just contact the "customer service" site of the ripped off product. (I mean, did you really think they would say, "Yep, it's a ripoff we're peddling to wannabees.)

Sean Taylor, a highly respected Australian performer and dealer (as well as a member of the Psychic Entertainers Association and an occasional participant here at the Café) personally contacted the individual in question and confronted him. "Xavier" agreed to take down the site and was apparently very contrite about the whole thing. Then he went ahead and kept selling it anyway through an affiliate marketing scheme.

Go here for an accurate summary of what happened:

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?27899-Revelation-Technique!/page2

Also, you might read this entire thread from the beginning. It appears that you have not.
Bradley I don't really think you can join this forum and disrespect high profile performers who clearly know what they are talking about, fairly sure Bob has seen the majority of mentalism products, tried and tested them and knows when something is a fruad. In future do your research and don't try to make out like the people here are the bad guys. The bottom line this guy knows what he is doing, he shouldn't be stealing but yet he is!

Euan
Can anyone get Millard's verification one way or the other about if this is now authorized, even though I highly doubt it? This idiot has some nerve, though, saying that the product is "not a rip off," if that email really was sent from the customer support team. I mean seriously...uh, the paper's folded the same way, the peek is made the same way, what exactly are you adding? Does he really think people are that stupid? He supposedly teaches nothing new. The technique surely isn't new, and, from what I hear, the accompanying presentational tips are **** poor to anyone with a mind not dumbed down by shopping regularly at Ellusionist.

Heck, if you want Acidus Novus but don't want to pay the price for the real version, get Switchcraft. For the same price as this dung, you can get an AUTHORIZED teaching of Acidus Novus along with a gazillion other billet handlings. Elliot should be cashing in on this "Get the Revelation technique and a million others for the same price!" He just needs bikini clad women on his site talking about how cool the book will make purchasers, to better appeal to those who would otherwise be buying 'Revelation technique.'
Heres a link to the screenshot of the email http://www.flickr.com/photos/bradleyfisher/5264353473/ A little hard to read but its possible

[quote]
On 2010-12-15 18:19, cpbartak wrote:
Can anyone get Millard's verification one way or the other about if this is now authorized
[/quote]

I agree can't someone just do this already? settle the thing for once and for all.
If the guy can see what is being said on the Café then why isn't he coming on and defending himself instead of sending you e-mails Bradley (not a dig at you). I honestly think this is a no brainer especially cause this has already happened once in which he agreed to take it down. Hope this thing gets sorted soon, disgrace when Mentalist steal routines!

Anyways lets hope we get some form of contact from someone to confim its a sham.

Euan
I replied saying to come on and defend himself instead of using me to put what he says here, hopefully he will come on the Café and explain everything.
Just saying Bradley, the case seems to be getting fishier and fishier on your end. First a 6/10 review, then you come on as a purple haired, fourteen your old hypno mentalist with near perfect grammar and spelling and change your rating to 1/10, then you get contact back from this shady individual within a relatively short time span to say that it's all legit, and up your rating to 9/10 as excellent, and then randomly hope that the individual would come to the Café; all this after literally just joining the Café out of the blue apparently for the sole purpose of adding to this thread you've obviously not read with just a single post under your belt. I don't know what to make of you, frankly.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, just understand your wildly random thought process and identity.
Looks more like a magician on his flickr, also no purple hair..the mystery continues!

I have the outcome of this sealed in an envelope hanging from my room, the day this is solved I'll bring it down :P

Euan
@DekEI Well I come on with a kinda honest review then under pressure from other mentalists saying its all bad and stuff I decided to redo the review and try to stay on the same line as all the other mentalists, I later thought that why should I copy other mentalists? I do stuff my way so after the email I put up what I had been thinking all along and quit following the others, My Identity? heres my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BradleyThomsonMagic
(look at my latest video to see my purple hair as it was only dyed 3 days ago)

@Euan4 That photo of brownish hair was put on over 8 months ago for memory, Its since been dyed Purple, here is my facebook with a pic of my hair
http://www.facebook.com/BradleyThomsonMagic
Why the $%^& are we talking about my hair, anyway I'm gonna stop posting in this topic because is not the best start to this community, anymore questions PM me and I'll answer
I didn't know the Jonas Brothers were into magic...

Has anyone contacted Millard?
Message: Posted by: therevelationeffect (Dec 16, 2010 06:22AM)
To: Revelation magic café posts

Thank you for all of your comments and opinions in regards to Revelation.

It is has been brought to our attention that a few things should be cleared up in relation to all of your comments and supposed facts regarding this website, effect and video.

Firstly, full permission has been given by Millard Longman after viewing the entire video to teach and sell this instructional video and therefore has not been stolen.

Secondly, this is intended for beginners to intermediate and offers a valuable resource to start learning mentalism, becoming comfortable with performing it and offers the best method (with full credits and permission) to achieve the desired Revelation ‘effect’.

We have many happy customers who genuinely appreciate the video, who have received great reactions from the effect and who have been thankful for a great start and eye opener to mentalism and performing with confidence, with a focus on presentation in general.

Your comments are appreciated; however it is unfortunate that magicians/mentalists like yourself make such negative comments and statements on forums etc. without first clarifying the truth.

Always feel free to send an email if you’re unsure or need to clarify anything.

This website and effect has been re-released and will now continue to sell to those who appreciate what we offer.

Thank you again and have a happy holiday season,

The Revelation Effect
Can anyone contact Millard to verify this?
Anyone?

Found this: http://weeklymagicfailure.blogspot.com/2010/12/who-is-mindreader.html
Of course, Millard's generosity with those who will take by force what isn't offered freely is legendary.
On the article one of the comments post a video of Xavier performing, which confirms his name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qodt0BfVxdg
Does anyone know if he can be contacted by emailing mevproshop?
Just got a laugh reading the comment below Xavier's video: "wat were you doing?" :)
Trying to get more detailed information. I agree, though, with what JohnWells posted. Particularly in view of the following from the anonymous poster "therevelationeffect."

Therevelation effect wrote:

[quote]Firstly, full permission has been given by Millard Longman after viewing the entire video to teach and sell this instructional video and therefore has not been stolen.[/quote]

The way I am reading this is that they are claiming permission was obtained AFTER the "instructional" video had already been produced.

It is also interesting to note that both Al Mann and Millard have both described the technique as being intended for professionals and advanced amateurs, while therevelationteffect's post states that the effect is designed for "beginners to intermediate."

That the effect is being marketed to the public via numerous affiliates is also telling, especially since Millard's own DVD is still being sold for $125 or so at the mevpro site.

Good thoughts,
Anyone knows where can we contact Millard?
I've already done so. He asked for the link to this thread last night and I haven't heard back from him yet.
So it is not lost in the morass of this thread- Millard's "Acidus" is, bar none, the epitome of peeks - one of the most versatile moves yet devised.

That's by I'm a bit disturbed about it's being marketed to the public by affiliate "squeeze" sites aimed at the "ellusionist kiddy crowd."

Good thoughts,

Bob
^^^^^^

What he said.
The good Doctor speaks the truth.
Hi guys,

First I would like to thank all of you for defending me and my creation!

Second I would like to thank Bob Cassidy for his kind words about Acidus Novus! I am so pleased that he likes it! Thank you very much, Bob!

Thirdly I apologize for being so late with this response; if not for my dear friend Bill Cushman, I might never have known this thread existed.

And finally here is the story as well as I remember it:

Sometime in May or June of 2010 I was contacted by a friend and told that someone had marketed a routine using Acidus Novus (AN) and wondered if I had authorized it. I replied that I knew nothing of the effect and had not authorized it. The matter seemed to drop off my radar and I subsequently forgot all about it. Since AN has been ripped off so often I have grown accustomed to the theft. I know how awful it must seem that I feel this way, but such is life.

I have published on various talk groups my requirements for approving the use of AN in another writer’s effect.

Briefly, here they are:

1) The writer must be the owner of record of my product as published by Loren Tindall: http://www.mevproshop.com/acidus-novus.html
2) The writer should merely give a link to my product for his customer to learn the details of the method
3) If there is a real need to actually teach my method in the new product, then the lower right corner peek as originally published in Al Mann’s Acidus Plus manuscript is all that can be taught
4) A link to my product must be placed in the writer’s new product

Now most writers would have almost nothing to write if they complied with item 2) above, so they all seem to feel the need to teach the method. This adds many pages to their text and many minutes to their videos. After all these years, it seems to me that all mentalists should know the basic lower right corner peek of AN already!

Some writers actually comply with my request, while others say they will, but then do not!

I have given many writers permission to use AN – and in a few cases, Bill Cushman in particular, I have provided the explanation myself. I even gave Bill a video to use in his product.

I also gave a unique routine using AN – and the right to explain the method – to Elliott Bresler. He published it in his ever-growing-larger book on billets. (Elliott’s book is the definitive guide to billets and the deal of the century – every one of you guys should own his book!)

So back to Revelation – in November of 2010, I was contacted by Michael Vinci (the author of Revelation) via my publisher Loren Tindall to ask for my permission to publish. Loren and I discussed it at length and decided that being the nice guy that I am (and considering that he had already been selling it for several months) I did give him permission!

He also agreed to give every customer a link to my product. I have no knowledge of whether he has done so, but I tend to trust people when they tell me they will do something as simple as that.

I hope that this clears up any questions you guys have about my role in Revelation.

As far as my being a nice guy – I do try to be one, but if someone rips off my Acidus Globus method – well then I will try very hard to become the nastiest guy on Earth to that person!

BTW, my email address is millard@psychic-skills.com if you wish to contact me personally.

Millard Longman
Readings and Healings

Please see all my products at http://www.mevproshop.com

PS Here are some thoughts from my friend and publisher, Loren Tindall:

“As I said in our phone conversation the other day, I've always thought that giving someone the right to divulge the AN method should be based on whether or not that person was bringing something new to the table, as Bill Cushman did with his original presentation.

In reviewing Michael Vinci's presentation, however, I see absolutely nothing new or creative being added to the original AN as published by Al Mann. In fact, to have someone write down their thought and then simply reveal that thought, there is a higher likelihood that there will be more heat on the billet as the spectator tries to deconstruct the procedure later. As valuable as the additional corner peek handlings in the Pro Shop edition of AN are, I think the numerous professional presentations by world-class performers are what really make it worth the premium price, since the presentation is ultimately what will elevate AN from a simple magic trick to something truly meaningful.

To add insult to the injury of having someone sell AN with no more creative effort than renaming it "The Revelation", there is the issue of the ridiculously low price being charged for it. If Michael Vinci's affiliate marketing is in any way successful, it shouldn't be too long before the AN method is standard fare in children's books on magic, and balloon twisters drop the mind-reading portion of their act because all the kids shout, "I know how that's done -- I read it on the back of a cereal box!"

And for me, I think that's what I find most troubling about this whole situation -- whether this is a case of yet another rip-off, or merely the effort of someone completely devoid of creative thought, in the final analysis, I mourn the passing of a beautiful technique that has served me and countless others for many, many years.”

And BTW, Loren is an even nicer guy than I am!

M
Millard-

Thanks for the clarification. As I suspected, they only asked your permission AFTER they had already been selling the effect.

You are WAY too nice a guy. For the record I agree totally with Loren on the subject.

I think everyone can now arrive at an informed decision regarding the ethics of the "creators" of the "Revelation Effect."

Good thoughts,

Bob
Hi Everyone,

I am extremely unhappy that my name has been used in this thread as I am often confused with another Xavier back home. My name is Xavier Moody and the other magician is Xavier de Soul.

Please check out my youtube videos to confirm my identity. My user name on youtube "xavier21magic".

Xavier was my friend until I found out he had pretty much stole my entire act.

I am even more upset that he has got my name and reputation linked with stealing other magicians effects.

If you need a background check, please ask Dave Lord, Mark Parker, John Taylor as they will confirm I do not rip off magicians or their effects.

Thank you Dave for supporting me and my magic.

You are a true friend.
This is the first time I've seen his ad and was thinking the only way to do this with no switch, tear, gimmick would be a peek and at the same time what if it was not a peek, have I stumbled into a mentalism treasure? (Acidus Novus IS a treasure in its own right, and I have been using it in my performance. Thank you mr Millard) Luckiliy I checked the Café before flashing my credit card, thanks guys :D
For your information, the sales pitch seems to be back. I was emailed by one James Propst, email address info@magicalapparatus.com, offering this Revelation Effect, described as "this new trick going around the internet", with a link to website https://therevelationeffect.com/home?hop=timmerrit.

Sounds very much like the same Aussie video, and the same sales pitch, but no mention of Millard Longman or 'Acidus Novus'. So much for intellectual property ...