(Close Window)
Topic: Self hypnosis for performance anxiety?
Message: Posted by: outsider-80 (Jun 23, 2010 05:21PM)
I love magic but have a horrible time getting in front of people and performing. I've been working on it and would like to know if anyone can recommend any self-hypnosis methods to help me overcome it.
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jun 23, 2010 07:44PM)
http://advancedmind.co.uk/cafeoffer.htm

This is a version of a recording I created and used for myself when I firs started stage work. I have used it with great success with dozens of clients over the years and quite a few magicians more recently.

Use it for three months if your not happy I will refund you.

You should see a difference after a few listens.
Message: Posted by: insight (Jun 23, 2010 09:39PM)
There are not too many money back guarantees in this business, I commend your business practice, Mindpunisher!

Regards,
Mike
Message: Posted by: dmkraig (Jun 24, 2010 01:04AM)
You haven't said anything about your experience with hypnosis or self-hypnosis, so there is no way to judge the effectiveness of the most important variable in self-hypnosis: you. So if you have long experience with successful self-hypnosis there are many books that can give techniques that can help you. If you aren't good with self-hypnosis I have no idea if any of them would work.

You could get recordings of OTHER people and play them, hoping they will work. You can get MPs recording and MAYBE it will work in three freakin' months. You can go to eBay and find other recordings that may or may not have a refund policy when they don't work for you. In fact, you could spend hundred of hours and hundreds in money and still not resolve your issues.

Or you could go to a NLP practitioner, have them work the Fast Phobia Cure with you, and be over it, for good, within a few minutes.

Take your pick.
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jun 24, 2010 04:08AM)
It will begin to work after the first couple of listenings. The three months is just a guarantee that if it doesn't work it cost you nothing.

Other benefits are better sleep clearer thinking.

Also better performance.

Whenever a performer learns new material they go through a period of anxiety before it becomes internalised. This programme can be used over and over again.
Message: Posted by: Owen Mc Ginty (Jun 24, 2010 05:10AM)
I´ll post a review shortly :P
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jun 24, 2010 06:58AM)
These recordings are two different programmes. One is a healing and mind body balance using suggestion and isochronic tones to stimulate your unconscious minds ability to bring you to a state of well being. It is good for general anxiety worry high blood pressure and general health. Its a great meditation tool without any work needed by the listener.

The other is specifically for performance improvement and will increase your ability to absorb new information/skills more rapidly and to access it when needed under pressure. IE on stage.

It also has a recovery strategy built in which means if you screw up you will remain calm collected and continue. Just having that conditioned into your mind is more than half the battle since stage fright at least a big part of it the fear of making a mistake or looking like an idiot in front of an audience.

Also phobia cures aren't really good for stage fright since they do nothing to improve perfomance. Instead associating strong positive feelings to performing and preperation coupled with post hypnotic suggestions and mental rehearsal is what is the most effective.

You can use this programme for anything not just stage performance.

Anyone who orders from this thread mention that I will also give you a link to an additional recording. "sleep alchemy" free.

This is a recording using isochronic tones ( no suggestion)to subdue over active minds and reprogramme sleeping brainwave patterns. This is great for periods where you are going through stress and can't sleep. It has worked with a lot of chronic insomniacs Ive tested it on. And I also use it myself on the odd occasion when my mind is racing at night. Used for a few nights and sleeping patterns will be restored.

Just let me know you got it from this thread.
Message: Posted by: outsider-80 (Jun 24, 2010 11:49AM)
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll take a look at your mp3 for sure.
Message: Posted by: insight (Jun 24, 2010 02:07PM)
Irlandes, I'm waiting for your review.

Regards,
Mike
Message: Posted by: Owen Mc Ginty (Jun 25, 2010 02:05AM)
There seems to have been a problem yesterday with paypal.
MP is waiting for confirmation of my payment, then he´ll send me the link(s)
Then you´ll have to wait a few days for my review. I´m moving into a new house and am waiting for them to hook up the electricity supply ( I can´t charge my Ipod until then).
So there will be a short delay, but I promise to post a review.

:)
Message: Posted by: bobser (Jun 25, 2010 04:03AM)
If MP's tapes work that's great. Performance anxiety is dreadful. I charge £180 for two sessions. Along with that comes my personal guarantee that the treatment will work.
Obviously I offer a full refund if the treatment doesn't work.
Message: Posted by: Owen Mc Ginty (Jun 25, 2010 04:56AM)
Outsider - the bright side is that you want to overcome it ;)
Message: Posted by: insight (Jun 25, 2010 10:40AM)
Do hypnotists usually offer a money-back guarantee? What is the standard? My assumption would be that they do NOT offer this, because usually the client is charged for the hypnotist's time, not efficacy of service. Am I correct?

Regards,
Mike
Message: Posted by: Owen Mc Ginty (Jun 25, 2010 10:54AM)
I´m no expert, but assuming that someone actually goes to a hypnotist of their own free will - then the conscious desire to accomplish a change is already in place.
If the hypnotist is decent, it shouldn´t be a hard job to achieve a change in the subconscious and thus get the desired results ?

don´t quote me, I´m just thinking out loud (and NOT any kind of authority on any of this).

:)
Message: Posted by: insight (Jun 25, 2010 11:02AM)
I agree Irlandes, but if the desired change does not occur, has the client paid the hypnotist for his time or for the change?

Regards,
Mike
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jun 25, 2010 12:14PM)
As Bobser said £20 is nothing. One of the recordings I created for a friend who had high blood pressure. She was just about to go on medication for life. Three weeks after I created the recording for her - her blood pressure was back to normal. She never went on the medication and three years later her blood pressure is normal. She still uses it. I use it myself.


I made this available for Café members after another thread on stage fright. It was just on my hard drive.

I rarely do therapy these days but when I did and occasionally still do I offer money back guarantees with those I choose to work with. I charge a lot more than £180.

I offer this genuinely because I know many will find it useful.
Message: Posted by: insight (Jun 25, 2010 01:02PM)
I've said this before and I'll say it again, I commend your business practice, mindpunisher.

Regards,
Mike
Message: Posted by: bobser (Jun 25, 2010 03:16PM)
Yeah you might commend his business practice but I'm willing to help these poor individuals for only £180. MP charges £500 per session, and rumour has it he suggests they need a further two sessions and that they fall in love with him. Make up your own mind of this foul fellow.
Message: Posted by: insight (Jun 25, 2010 04:25PM)
Bob, I support your customer-friendly pricing, as well!

Regards,
Mike
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jun 25, 2010 06:52PM)
What a whole three sessions to fall in love with me?

I've never been so insulted or heard so much tosh! Im so lovable all I need is 20 secs to win the love of mankind.
Message: Posted by: Shane Masters (Jun 25, 2010 08:12PM)
Does this include spooning? How about deep insightful conversation? We really need to be able to connect on an emotional and spiritual level for this to work MP. I just don't fall for anyone anymore. I have had my heart broken too many times.
Message: Posted by: insight (Jun 25, 2010 10:22PM)
Shane, good point. Yes, there are a lot of ineffective hypnotists out there!

Regards,
Mike
Message: Posted by: tiriri (Jun 26, 2010 11:34PM)
If you are looking for a good self hypnosis method I recommend "Shultz's" which I teach all the time to my students at the university and has excellent results for a lot of things. You can find it for sure for free on the internet because it is a well known method used specially in Germany since the 1920's.

The only clues for it to work well are a couple of language patterns at the moment of repeating your goal in the end of the relaxation/hypnotic process.

Hope it Works for you as good as it has worked for other people I have recommended it :)

Giovanni.
Message: Posted by: tiriri (Jun 26, 2010 11:40PM)
Hi again!

I just googled the Schultz relaxation method in English. (Because I normally do it in Spanish) And there are a lot of good references to it, like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autogenic_training

Giovanni.
Message: Posted by: outsider-80 (Jun 27, 2010 08:50AM)
I looked it up - sounds promising. I just purchased Mindpunisher's MP3s and aregiving them a go. I just started with his MINDVITALIZER this morning, I'll let you know how it goes after a few tries. So far so good.
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jun 27, 2010 04:54PM)
The thing about these recordings is that you don't have to do any work they do the work for you. They are also custom programmed with isochronic tones which entrain brainwaves for maximum absorbtion of the suggestions.

They took me many days to write and record. And are based on years researching hypnosis.

Mindvitalizer is a general peak performance recording that will improve mood and emotional state and assist in healing. Good for anxiety, stress, and over active minds et.

The Hypnotic presentation is designed to improve any kind of performance and assist with internalizing material, generating performance behaviour and dealing with stage fright.
Message: Posted by: dmkraig (Jun 28, 2010 03:39PM)
Wow! "isochronic tones which entrain brainwaves."

Good for you!

The rest of us are forced to actually learn how to successfully use hypnosis and suggestion.
Message: Posted by: Anthony Jacquin (Jun 28, 2010 04:24PM)
This definition might help. 'Isochronic tones are regular beats of a single tone'.

Like a drum beat then?

Ant
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jun 28, 2010 06:09PM)
[quote]
On 2010-06-28 16:39, dmkraig wrote:
Wow! "isochronic tones which entrain brainwaves."

Good for you!

The rest of us are forced to actually learn how to successfully use hypnosis and suggestion.
[/quote]

One day you might even catch up with modern technology. combining them with hypnosis gives you much more control over what you want to achieve for the listener.

A very basic definition of entrainment

Our brains give off electrical activity which will change depending upon what you are doing. This activity is “cyclic” and emulates waves which is why we refer to brain waves. The most commonly known are.

Beta

This brain wave is our everyday waking state. No good for mind programming however stimulating beta is said to help with intelligence and emotional stability. Although on a personal level I have found messing around with this not to have much impact for me so I never use this brainwave in my programmes.

Alpha

Relaxed and receptive to suggestion. We are in this state usually first thing in the morning. And also the brain produces Alpha almost as soon as you close your eyes and relax. A dreamy relaxed state. Good for visualising.

Theta

Known as the “hyper suggestible state”. Light sleep or extreme relaxation. This is the best state for mind programming and one I use in my recordings Mindvitalizer and Hypno Presentations.

Delta

Deep dreamless sleep. Your body is healing itself at this level and is in the slowest band of brainwaves. Usually you do not dream in this band are completely unconscious. This is not much good for mind programming suggestions. But great for installing deep sleep and improving the immune system.


Isochronic tones and binaural beats work by entraining your brain waves. Much like multiple pendulums will synchronise with each other. The can be programmed to take you from beta all the way down to delta and in between.

Isochronic tones are said to be the most effective compared to binaural which require headphones. “ Sleep Alchemy” is recorded completely with isochoric tones entraining Delta with no suggestions as they aren’t required.

Mindvitalizer uses Isochronic tones and Hypno presenting uses binaural beats because I recorded it before I knew about Isochronic.

But they both work.

A simple definition. Although it can get complicated

And binaural beats pumpt two different frequencies into each ear which creates the target frequency inside your head which is why you need earphones.

Isochronic is a singluar frequency which for various reasons is more effective plus you don't need headphones. Although Mindvitalizer requires headphones because of the stereo effects combined with suggestion.
Message: Posted by: dmkraig (Jun 29, 2010 12:27AM)
For those who want to blast through all of MP felgercarb of quoting from on-line sources, "isochronic tones" are simply regularly placed beats. It's been done with drums for thousands of years. It's nothing new. Note that MP says, "Isochronic tones are said to be the most effective ..." but that he doesn't reveal WHO said this. That's because there is absolutely NO research of any kind showing that it is some modern system of miracles.

All of this stuff is wonderful gloss meaning nothing. If you can't do hypnosis and suggestion, cover it up with wave and theory without any sort of supporting documentation or research.

Of course, I could be wrong. If so I'll gladly admit it. Just provide a list of, say, five, double blind studies that have appeared in peer reviewed journals indicating that Isochronic tones have any value at enhancing the receptiveness of suggestion.

Frankly, you'll be far more effective with your suggestions if you just provide some chronic rather than isochronic froo-froo.

Oh, and just FYI, MP, I was creating tapes with binary tones and others using isochronic beats over 30 years ago using a Yamaha DX-7 to produce sine tones, a frequency counter, and a Tascam 4-track recorder. You're decades out of touch. But that's okay, Sell your felgercarb. I'm sure you'll be able to dazzle your customers with BS. Besides, as you well know, when Barnum said there's a sucker born every minute, he was being an optimist. You're just taking advantage of it.
Message: Posted by: Owen Mc Ginty (Jun 29, 2010 02:38AM)
********. I can´t find my headphones.
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jun 29, 2010 04:39AM)
Craig


I'm not going to argue with you since you know everything. However the thing about beats and tones they can be programmed to exact frequencies known to have certain effects and stimulation of brainwaves.

The sleep alchemy is a great example. NO suggestions yet it has knocked out really hard core insomniacs. One client used to drink a bottle of wine every night to get to sleep. And had done so for years. Yet this recording did it first time.

I use it myself when my mind is over active it works.

I am not going to go into the details theres plenty stuff online. Its not really important. Whats important is that they work. Combined with suggestion they rock.

I love entrainment and have been using it for years.

However if it doesn't work for you - you get your money back. I only offerd these to the Café after a thread in penny on stage fright.

Recordings will never replace therapy for serious problems but for stage fright and general anxiety they are great.
Message: Posted by: Owen Mc Ginty (Jul 1, 2010 05:55AM)
Good news - I found my headphones.
I´ve used MP´s MP3´s each night for the last 3 nights.

I suppose that in order to post a proper review I should have used them separately but I´ve been using them together.

The sleep alchemy mp3 I can recommend whole-heartedly. I think I´ve been asleep on at least one ocasion before the recording finished. Regarding the other two mp3s, I haven´t had a chance to test the results yet, but I feel more lively and motivated in general. I´ll report on the performance anxiety relief recording next time I "perform"

:)
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jul 1, 2010 06:14AM)
Use the three of them at same time if you want the more you use them the better the results. Give the stage fright at least a couple of weeks performing will never be the same. But use after when stage fright has gone to improve performance and learn new routines quicker.

The fact you can listen to the three of them tells you that these recordings are so easy to listen to they slip into your mind.
Message: Posted by: dmkraig (Jul 3, 2010 01:36AM)
[quote]
On 2010-06-29 05:39, mindpunisher wrote:
Craig


I'm not going to argue with you [/quote]

And then, mindless as you are, you go right on and do it contradicting yourself.


[quote]since you know everything.[/quote]

No, I don't know anything. But I do know more than you in this area.


[quote] However the thing about beats and tones they can be programmed to exact frequencies known to have certain effects and stimulation of brainwaves.[/quote)

That's very true. I was doing it more than two decades ago.

[quote]The sleep alchemy is a great example. NO suggestions yet it has knocked out really hard core insomniacs. One client used to drink a bottle of wine every night to get to sleep. And had done so for years. Yet this recording did it first time. [/quote]

That's fantastic! Would you please give the URL of the peer-reviewed journal which did a double-blind test of this rather than just some anecdotal evidence which is interesting but doesn't prove anything? We'd all like to see it.

[quote]I use it myself when my mind is over active it works.[/quote]

Anecdotal reports are not scientific evidence. How about a study in a peer-reviewed journal?


[quote]I am not going to go into the details theres plenty stuff online. [/quote]

Don't go into details. Just provide a couple of URLs to peer-reviewed journals of double blind studies.

[quote]Its not really important. Whats important is that they work. [/quote]

Good. Then provide the URLs.


[quote]Combined with suggestion they rock.[/quote]

Fantastic. Please provide the URLs to peer-reviewed journals with reports showing that isochronic tones a) are effective and b) are more effective with suggestions than hypnosis and suggestion alone.


[quote]I love entrainment and have been using it for years. [/quote]

So it's really more of a religion for you than and a belief system rather than anything that is factual. OK.

[quote]However if it doesn't work for you - you get your money back. I only offerd these to the Café after a thread in penny on stage fright.[/quote]

But if they're so good and "they rock," why would you bother with this? Are you saying that you have little faith in isochronic tones and suggestion that they're going to fail with lots of people? I have to admire you for offering a money-back guarantee. I just wonder why, if its as good as you say, you think you need one.


[quote]Recordings will never replace therapy for serious problems[/quote]

On this we agree.


[quote]but for stage fright and general anxiety they are great.
[/quote]

Ah, I see. What you're doing is letting individual with NO training diagnose themselves and write a prescription which you'll fulfill. So for you, it doesn't matter that stage fright could be a presenting problem covering something much more serious. For you, allowing someone with no training to self-diagnose "general anxiety," even though such feelings could be anything from general anxiety to a neurochemical imbalance to a tumor is okay, just as long as they buy your wares.

It doesn't matter to you that someone is delaying receiving real medical care by getting your suggestions with beeps in the background. So what if that tumor grows so large that it becomes inoperable while they listen to your beeps and suggestions. After all, you'll give them back the money they spent--just not their time...or their lives.
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jul 3, 2010 06:08AM)
You are such a pillock craig.
Message: Posted by: Owen Mc Ginty (Jul 19, 2010 10:54AM)
Get your buckets at the ready, you may experience feelings of nausea after reading this:

Without any frills or the use of any superlatives, MindPunishers MP3 records work.

The sleep induction works so well I don´t think I´ve ever heard the end of the recording.

The stage fright MP3 works - to what extent? I think that will depend on how bad your stage fright is. I used to get rather nervous, shaking hands, nausea, sweaty palms (makes a great first impression when you shake the subjects hands!).

I no longer get nervous, so at last I can work on my patter and presentation, without having to worry about being able to "not worry".

"What´s the down-side?" I hear you ask. I´ve thought long and hard about that, because I´m naturally suspicious of reviews that have no criticism in them.
As far as I remember there was a money back guarantee provided with the purchase of the recordings, so at worst you´ll just waste some of your time.

Overall rating: 9/10 (because otherwise MP might put the price up!)
Message: Posted by: bobser (Jul 19, 2010 02:56PM)
Wait just a minute!!!
How do we know you're not related to Mindpunisher? Post a photograph of yourself on here.
If you don't have glazy eyes and saliva coming out the side of your mouth we're less likely to believe you're a plant.
Message: Posted by: Owen Mc Ginty (Jul 19, 2010 03:06PM)
I thought about that also bobser! perhaps there´s a subliminal message in his recordings? ;)

but that´d mean that they still work, and in more ways than one! hehehe.
I´ll get around to posting a photo soon.
Message: Posted by: dmkraig (Jul 20, 2010 05:37AM)
[quote]
On 2010-07-19 11:54, Owen Mc Ginty wrote:
Get your buckets at the ready, you may experience feelings of nausea after reading this:

Without any frills or the use of any superlatives, MindPunishers MP3 records work.[/quote]

No. They worked FOR YOU.

You've provided no evidence that they'll work for others. It's great that they worked for you. Fantastic.

However, it's what's called, scientifically, "anecdotal evidence." Anecdotal evidence is considered "interesting" but not scientifically important.
Message: Posted by: Owen Mc Ginty (Jul 20, 2010 07:59AM)
Mr. Kraig;
yes, you are indeed 100% correct.

I just promised to review the MP3´s when I got around to using them. In retrospect I should have phrased it "worked for me".

I remember reading an interesting section of a book by a famous mentalist in which he talks about the placebo effect, reiki, new age/herbal medicine etc and how there is no scientific evidence to back up the claims practitioners make, only anecdotal evidence.

I don´t discard the possibility that the recordings will not work at all for any given individual ever again, but they have "worked" (for me) :) and as long as MP honours his money back guarantee then it´s hard to go wrong.
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jul 20, 2010 11:04AM)
Ive said it before I will say it again...


Craig your such a pillock man.
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jul 20, 2010 11:21AM)
[quote]
On 2010-07-19 15:56, bobser wrote:
Wait just a minute!!!
How do we know you're not related to Mindpunisher? Post a photograph of yourself on here.
If you don't have glazy eyes and saliva coming out the side of your mouth we're less likely to believe you're a plant.
[/quote]

As I've alreasy told you Bobser I don't use plants although I sometimes end up with the odd vegetable or cabbage..

But then you have to break a few eggs to make an omelate!
Message: Posted by: dmkraig (Jul 20, 2010 04:37PM)
[quote]
On 2010-07-20 12:04, mindpunisher wrote:
Ive said it before I will say it again...
[/quote]

Indicating your total lack of originality.
Message: Posted by: mindpunisher (Jul 20, 2010 05:38PM)
And that you are a plonker....