(Close Window)
Topic: Beat the Heat
I was wondering what everyone here is doing to beat the heat.

I recently got back from Arkansas, visiting my fiance. Man, I got FRIED down there. It was sizzlin'. We're talkin' fry an egg on the sidewalk kind of heat. Then I come back home to my home state to discover that there is no escaping this thing.

The only relief is these sporadic storms we are getting.

Anyway, I'm keeping cool as much as possible by consuming lot's of cold water, trying to stay out of the heat as much as possible.

What are you guys doing to keep cool?
I'm working on making magic props and watching movies in my home theater in my basement.

Yes, plenty of water too.
Lucky guys - it's freezing here - I'm in Rockhampton about 1,200 kilometres south of home and it's 16 degrees Celsius here - about 61 Fahrenheit - not much better when I get home to Cairns - it's only 4 degrees warmer there - I hate winter.
I ‘m wearing a pair Persol 649 shades with the blue lenses, my Optimo classic Panama hat and smoking a Cohiba cigar, sitting by the pool catching some rays man. :)
Yeah, rub it in Tommy. The Yanks can't (legally) smoke Cohibas, and I quit smoking three years ago.

Cohibas taste goooooooooooooooooooood.

Re the weather. If it weren't for my hayfever, I'd actually enjoy the heat.
Being a non smoker, I was hoping you could explain to me what a Cohibas is.
The best Cuban cigar evar.
Rackin' up the ol' AC bill.
Destiny
In the dead of winter in Australia you are experiencing 61 degree weather. Oh you poor thing, I'll bet you need to put a sweater on at night to keep from getting a chill. Those Australian winters are only for the haerty. LOL

Doug
A Cohiba is the very best cigar in the world. The original Cohibas come from Cuba and have a blue cigar band. They replanted the Cuban tobacco plants in the Domican Republic, and those Cohibas have a green cigar band. I don't smoke so I can't tell you if the Domicans are as good as the Cubans, but those who smoke them will pay any price to get one. Rush Limbaugh smokes a Cohiba looking cigar.
Evidently, the people at Yahoo! follow he threads on the Café quite studiously: [url=http://health.yahoo.net/experts/joybauernutrition/10-no-cook-dinners-beat-summer-heat]here[/url]'s their answer.
The Coolest Guy in the World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPvRmNfXK4&NR=1
[quote]
On 2010-06-29 13:07, tommy wrote:
The Coolest Guy in the World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPvRmNfXK4&NR=1
[/quote]
I did not see the dice stacking coming.
Maybe I need to get to work on some of those effects by Michael Ammar and jay Sankey where you produce a full chunk of ice from a card box...