(Close Window)
Topic: Hypnosis for Test Prep
If one can make people believe they will score well on an exam using hypnosis, how does one go about marketing this service to college students???

Regards,
Mike
Well, I would do something such as advertising in student newspapers and writing articles for those papers.

Respectfully, I would suggest that you take some courses in advertising, too. You need to learn the difference between features and benefits. Then advertise the benefits and use the features just to support the benefits.

Telling students that they will believe they will score well on exams is a feature, not a benefit, and will not be very successful.
And what does this have to do with stage hypnosis?
Mike - surely you need to be able to ensure that they score well also ?
If you succeed in giving them the belief, then they may be annoyed if the result doesnŽt live up to their expectations!

Customers of any product or service end up talking to each other - I worked in sales for about 7 years and word of mouth sold my service better than any advertisement in a magazine or newspaper. I had to actively seek my customers as they were spread out over a large geographical area, but by the sounds of things youŽd be selling your services on a university campus where thousands of prospective customers would be talking to each other on a daily basis. IŽd concentrate on developing a good service and the marketing should take care of itself ?
Once you start I believe that word of mouth will be the most effective way for them to know about it and if it's good you will be full of clients.
Well, what I'm thinking is that I am going to offer scholarships to students who fail to score well on a practice exam. This will generate strong publicity. Is this a good approach?

Regards,
Mike
1) Why limit yourself to 1 approach?
2) Why should they want to "believe they will score well?" How will this help them?
3) Wouldn't actually studying for the tests so they can get good grades be better than just thinking they're going to do well?

You have to explain the benefits of what you're offering.
IŽd concentrate on getting the "product" right first.
Once youŽve got that sorted, you can always propose some sort of special introductory offer - e.g. first 2 sessions at half price or something of the sort.

IŽd be more inclined to offer discount than scholarships - that way you wont lose money (just some of your time).
Exams need more than belief.

One problem is the internalizing of the subject matter.

Many people have bad study habits so they don't feed their mind with facts as well as they could do. Many worry about learning and are anxious in class trying too hard to remember facts figures etc. Or they just panic. The first phase of an exam programme is to create a schedule for study and best study practices. Then to remove the fear and anxiety and train them to go into a relaxed light trance in class so they absorb as much information and process at possible.

The second phase is the "performance" and recall during the exam. Again worry anxiety and sort of "stage fright" needs to be got under control and conditioned state that allows access to the information under pressure.

I would also throw in a sleep alchemy programme to help them sleep better during the run up to the exams.

As you can see its a lot more complex than installing a belief on its own.
I'd offer to zap the vigilator in order that they can freely cheat without fear of being caught.