(Close Window)
Topic: Pip Sponges
Thought it would be fun so I just picked up 4 pip sponges (red heart and diamond, black spade and club). Does anyone have any ideas or routines that could be used?

My main idea is to use two of the same colour and do a classic routine with the ending having the other two also appear in the specs hand. Getting into the routine could be interesting. two ideas:
first a card is 'selected' (3 of hearts) and you change it to a 2 of hearts as you pick off the heart pip.
second, have them name a suit and as they do, pull the associated colour sponge from their ear. Ben Nemzer came up with some cool ideas as well. My favorite is for the change from the 3 to the two, have the 3 on the face of the deck and the 2 plus sponge palmed so all you do is load the palmed 'package' on the face of the deck and pull off the sponge. I just wanted to know who uses these and what the community thought.
thanks
Dan
I could see shufflng a stack of cards and have all the pips fly off leaving blank cards. You figure out where the numbers went, but as a gag it won't matter.
[quote]
On 2010-07-13 14:38, funsway wrote:
I could see shufflng a stack of cards and have all the pips fly off leaving blank cards. You figure out where the numbers went, but as a gag it won't matter.
[/quote]

Love it!
[quote]
On 2010-07-13 14:38, funsway wrote:
[/quote]

Interesting! Shawn Farquhar does something similar to this with punched out paper pips.
Hi Bill,
What is the name of the Shawn Farquhar routine?
Is it online?
Hi panlives,

The routine Bill is citing is named Blown Away from my lecture notes Bread and Butter. I do not have a video of it online and have no plans to do so in the future. It's inspired by the magic of Dean Dill's "Blizzard" and Josh Jay's "Losing Diamonds".

cheers,

Shawn
If you haven't seen Shawn's lecture, you are missing out on some of the best, most practical, real world magic there is. I've seen him lecture three times.

In order to do this one, you need to know another thing he has in his lecture. I won't tip it, but let me just say that it's a utility move that once you learn it, you will use it constantly.
There's a commercial routine I've seen, I think it's called "pips a poppin".
Not sure who created it.
Pips a Poppin by Gosh and Tony Lewis. Uses aces that have their pips pop off.