(Close Window)
Topic: Sh*** noise
Hi,

Recently I bought a Ton Onosaka japanese coin and sh*** from SeoMagic. I love the coin but I am disapointed by the sh***. It's noisy. A slight movement and you can hear it rattle. Maybe I'm spoiled by the perfect silent fit of my Lassen set but this noise makes this sh*** unusable.
If you have a similar coin and sh***, is yours noisy?
Do you know a way to improve fitting and reduce the noise?

Thanks,
Jacques....
How much "play" are you talking about? All shells have some play or they would be too tight and difficult to get the coin out. Is there a very noticeable gap when looking at the insert side of the nest?

I know there's always noise when inserting the coin but that's normal and covered by patter, but I haven't had a rattle in any shell.

Jim
Have you tried Teflon? If dollar or half size Teflon circles won't fit, you can use an exacto-blade to cut as needed.
[quote]
On 2010-07-18 15:46, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Have you tried Teflon? If dollar or half size Teflon circles won't fit, you can use an exacto-blade to cut as needed.
[/quote]
That's how I fixed my Johnson CSB set and it worked great.
Thanks for your help guys.
It's my third coin sh***. My old Johnson suffered use and abuse without noise (unless you put your ear very close). I can flip my Lassen and it will still be silent.
When I look at it, I can barely see a gap. Just a very thin line (XF). Nevertheless, sideways movements are noisy.

I never used teflon. Were can you find this?
Tango sells a reasonably priced product which is offered several places. For example, you can find here:

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=TA4370&keyword=TEFLON

I have used these on several gaffs with great success.

Regards,

Alan
Thanks.
I will try the teflon circles...
Mouse tape is good too ~
I tried teflon circles. Works well.
Thanks...
I tried teflon circles. Works well.
Thanks...
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Aug 16, 2010 06:08PM)
Might be easier to change the presentation a little so you say something other than:

"Quiet everyone -if you listen very carefully you will hear the magic happen" while getting ready to perform that particular part of the method in your routine.
I had noise when the coin was removed from the e-[. This was fixed by a small piece of masking tape.