(Close Window)
Topic: The White Room by Ran Pink
After a search of the Café I could not locate a review for the item mentioned above. It would be a shame that this effect pass by un-mentioned as it's one hell of an effect!

The White Room by Ran Pink has quickly become one of my favorite impromptu effects allowing you to seemingly read a spectators mind by identifying a thought of card.

Without speaking a word the spectator is asked to visulise a simple scene in their mind and in the process decides upon a single playing card of their choice.

This very sneaky and clever visualization process allows you to identify the card the spectator is thinking of in the most remarkable way.

After getting a good feel for the effect you can be as direct as to name the card the spectator is thinking of without question. This is something I have had so much pleasure in doing many times over.

Even the infamous Eshla commented "That was the closest thing to a psychic experience I have ever had" and by his own admission he is one cynical cookie!

Having enjoyed using both "Silent Running" and "Crossroads" by Ben Harris to great effect in the past this effect has now changed the way I perform them due to the direct and logical methodology involved and in my opinion improves upon both.

The e-book download priced at $15.00/£10.00 extensively covers the method leaving no questions un-answered and for those who are fans of the ACAAN plot there is a clever no questions asked method offered which utilizes the core method.

Best Wishes Michael :)
Sounds underpriced!
Googling it gave me the creator's own thoughts...
[url]http://worldwidemagic.com/white-room/[/url]
How surefire is this, and do you need to be an experienced mentalist?
kiki
Haha!

Picked this up, and from the intro bit he does, you know where you try it, his first one nailed me!

I haven't read any further yet, but he named my cards first it was great! Not often enough that us as performers get to experience something like this.

For me this is like SR (but I like it soooo much better). But I haven't read enough yet to make a judgement.

JH
Can it be repeated at the same sitting, with different out comes for multiple specs?

Cheers
Frank
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Jul 19, 2010 10:24AM)
[quote]
On 2010-07-19 10:28, celebrity wrote:
Even the infamous Eshla commented "That was the closest thing to a psychic experience I have ever had" and by his own admission he is one cynical cookie!

[/quote]

Michael,

I know Ran is a thinker and I'm quite sure this is going to be good but I am not sure Eshla would be someone I listen to, about Mentalism (personal opinion) because he can be cynic or not, but as long as he is vastly lacking knowledge of what he is talking about (Mentalism) his point is worth very little.

Ran, congratulations for what it seems to be another winner...
As far as I can see Frank (i've only had it maybe 2o mins) yes it can.

And LOTH; with the greatest respect, what an entirely irrelevant and uncalled for comment that is.

JH
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Jul 19, 2010 10:35AM)
[quote]
On 2010-07-19 11:28, Jon Hackett wrote:

And LOTH; with the greatest respect, what an entirely irrelevant and uncalled for comment that is.

JH
[/quote]

John,

With the same greatest respect back at you, my comment was just as irrelevant as Eshla appraisal of the thing, unless the fact he is a self-appointed cynic (?) with little knowledge about existing methods is something for me to look for.
That is fair enough Mr Cavalli. Sorry to have 'jumped' so quickly.

I am really enjoying Mr Ran Pink's work on this. As I was reading the intro I was thinking about a couple of T.A.Waters bits and what have you, and then ohh! They are already covered.

I use Think Pink occasionally, and it is a very well put together piece of work, which, is very comprehensive in its entirety.

I am feeling however, that this is something that I am beginning to lean to even more, I can see myself using this; ALLOT.

JH
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Jul 19, 2010 10:57AM)
No problem.

And as I stated, I know Ran is usually coming up with good stuff.

This one, which I don't own, is probably no exception.
Ohh quiet LotH :P

Anyway I agree this ebook is very clever. I've seen it used by Michael and steven several times and each time the reactions have been brilliant. You know those effects which you have performed on you and then you almost don't want to know how they are done? This is one of those effects.

Having said that I must give a critical downside to this too.

While the effect never has failed Michael or Steven, I have yet to make it work. I imagine this is because of my lack of ability to "read" people. This is NOT the fault of the product, it is my own lacking, but it should be warned that this product is not for people with Aspergers.
(I say that because this is a magicians website, where a lot of us do suffer from autism)

The ICAAIN (Imagined Card At Any Imagined Number) is a forcing technique, which allows you to narrow down the choice of cards the spectator will select. Personally I dislike this, because the true genius of Ran Pink's creation is the techniques used to work out which single card they are thinking of... here that is not needed, as there are multiple outs. Therefore the methodology becomes much more obvious.

The ACAAN effect in my opinion is worthless, but the brilliance of The White Room itself is so useful. Of all the ebooks I have ever read, this taught me the most little "tricks of the trade" and is a wonder when performed right.

However if you do not, I highly reccomend this. And if by chance you do not respect my opinion, and agree with LotH, then don't buy it, and miss out :P

Tom
xx
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Jul 19, 2010 11:11AM)
[quote]
On 2010-07-19 12:00, Eshla wrote:
Ohh quiet LotH :P

Having said that I must give a critical downside to this too.

While the effect never has failed Michael or Steven, I have yet to make it work. I imagine this is because of my lack of ability to "read" people. This is NOT the fault of the product, it is my own lacking, but it should be warned that this product is not for people with Aspergers.
(I say that because this is a magicians website, where a lot of us do suffer from autism)

The ACAAN effect in my opinion is worthless, but the brilliance of The White Room itself is so useful. Of all the ebooks I have ever read, this taught me the most little "tricks of the trade" and is a wonder when performed right.

[/quote]

Thank you for making my point better than I ever could.

I rest my case.

[quote]
And if by chance you do not respect my opinion, and agree with LotH, then don't buy it, and miss out :P

[/quote]

Except for the fact that I never suggested anyone NOT to buy that.

Maybe in your mind I did... But I did not.
So what your saying is, my opinion is worthless and yet your agreeing with me?

Ok...

Anyway, The White Room is great, buy it if your not aspergic.

P.S
I have recieved several PM's already, and yes it does work in any language.

Tom
xx
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Jul 19, 2010 11:24AM)
[quote]
On 2010-07-19 12:15, Eshla wrote:

[/quote]

On your total lack of knowledge?... Yes, I agree with you.

[quote]
[/quote]

Yeah... and neither if you are paranoid schizophrenic.

And your moot point was?
REVIEW:
Just purchased this.

Although it is a bit like SR......I like both of them, but I think I will use SR other than The White Room.

But, I really liked Rans take on ICAINU.

This one I will be doing for sure!!

Im happy!, I will be killed with ICAINU.

Thanks

Alex
Anyone know if these versions of the two effects are the same as those that will be included in "Run Silent, Run Deep"?
Yep Gmeister!

They will be included in Run Silent Run Deep!

Alex
Thanks, Alex. Sounds like that makes Run Silent Run Deep even a better bargain!
Kiki yep instructions are very comprehensive so even a novice could pick this up. Frank although I wouldn't repeat within a group you could if you wish with various cards being thought of. You could even do this on two people at once!

I'm sure that those who have purchased it will grow to love it even more with every performance.

As a fan of the preditor wallet I'm presently adapting this so that I can do the preditor effect with my regular wallet!

Best Wishes Michael
Michael

That was my thinking... 2 specs. (hubby/wife for instance) with different cards.

Thanks for the responce.

Cheers
Frank
Doing it this way could work out very nicely for you! If you purchase it you'll understand why!

;)
I had many discussions with Ran about his White Room concept over the past few months.
I love stuff like this. The idea and possibilities once explored are a tool for all mentalist to play with and make their own.
Guys like Ran and Michael continue to think out of the box.
Ran's WHITE ROOM is a lovely, lovely piece. It will be included in Run Silent, Run Deep, which is released on July 31. A FULL list of contributions can be found at:

http://www.wowbound.com

Benny
And the thinking of Ben Harris too!
Is white room using roughly the same method as silent running or is it something that can be performed without involving any of the silent running methodology?
The White Room can be used independently without knowledge of silent running. Whilst there are close similarities between the two I favour the technique of the White room.

I also think highly of crossroads and think the effect is enhanced when combined with the White room.

Best wishes Michael
Michael

I'm waiting on RSRD. Only a few more days.

Cheers
Frank.
[quote]
After a search of the Café I could not locate a review for the item mentioned above. It would be a shame that this effect pass by un-mentioned as it's one hell of an effect!

The White Room by Ran Pink has quickly become one of my favorite impromptu effects allowing you to seemingly read a spectators mind by identifying a thought of card.

Without speaking a word the spectator is asked to visulise a simple scene in their mind and in the process decides upon a single playing card of their choice.

This very sneaky and clever visualization process allows you to identify the card the spectator is thinking of in the most remarkable way.

After getting a good feel for the effect you can be as direct as to name the card the spectator is thinking of without question. This is something I have had so much pleasure in doing many times over.

Having enjoyed using both "Silent Running" and "Crossroads" by Ben Harris to great effect in the past this effect has now changed the way I perform them due to the direct and logical methodology involved and in my opinion improves upon both.

The e-book download priced at $15.00/£10.00 extensively covers the method leaving no questions un-answered and for those who are fans of the ACAAN plot there is a clever no questions asked method offered which utilizes the core method.

Best Wishes Michael :)
[/quote]

ICAINU sounds like SR ACAAN by Tommy.

Maybe, I believe this effect will be included by Ben Harris in his new ebook.
I have seen it and you can do it with or without a real deck of cards and the card and the number are just imagined.

MP
Always talking about Tommy, you must be a dull dinner party guest.

JH
[quote]
On 2010-07-20 10:03, Jon Hackett wrote:

JH
[/quote]

:rotf:
[quote]
On 2010-07-20 10:03, Jon Hackett wrote:

JH
[/quote]

LOL
[quote]
On 2010-07-19 11:24, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

Michael,

I know Ran is a thinker and I'm quite sure this is going to be good but I am not sure Eshla would be someone I listen to, about Mentalism (personal opinion) because he can be cynic or not, but as long as he is vastly lacking knowledge of what he is talking about (Mentalism) his point is worth very little.

[/quote]

LOTH, well wouldn't that make him a laymen? His opinion would be what we're after...no?
[quote]
On 2010-07-19 12:24, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-07-19 12:15, Eshla wrote:

[/quote]

On your total lack of knowledge?... Yes, I agree with you.

[quote]
[/quote]

Yeah... and neither if you are paranoid schizophrenic.

And your moot point was?
[/quote]

What don't you lay off guy? Does it make you feel good to disparage him.
Entermagic,

Unfortunately, Tommy's handling did not make it into "Run Silent Run Deep". It's a fine handling, but simply came in too late to make the book. Tommy sent many, many ideas. But, as I say, it was all too late in the process. Tommy has my full permission to publish his handlings re SR as he sees fit.

SR ACAAN is, by the way, nothing like Ran's idea.

Cheers and happy magic!

Benny
Benny,

that is a real shame, T asked me to test his SACAAN sometime ago, and have done so under many different performance conditions including over the phone to several people who were left clueless. This would have been a worthy inclusion within RSRD.

I have read the White Room, and although I will be giving this a good showing over the next few weeks, I do feel that the ACAAN is a bit of a let down. The last thing a spectator needs in a social situation is to have to perform some mental gymnastics (IMHO) saying that, Ran was upfront enough to say that his solution wouldn't be to everyones liking.

David.
I Recently read "The White Room" and I really like Ran's thinking.

The selection procedure seems completely fair, as does the revelation.

Ran teaches some great techniques that can be used in many other routines as well.

Definitely worth more than the price!
Hi David,

I agree. It's very, very nice. Hopefully T will publish it in due course (I'm encouraging him to do so). If he does not, then it becomes a lovely little gem shared by just a few. That, adds to its value.

Benny
OK, good news. I've worked out how to fit Tommy's clever idea into the book without causing any major layout problems. So it's in!

Benny
Tommy is happy!

Benny
Cool news, Ben!
Yay! :)

Kyle
Benny, that's great news my friend!......

best, as always,

David
This book is "bursting" with material. Marc Paul has included an effect in his Foreword, and now there's three effects in the Introduction. LOL.

Benny
I just purchased the White Room, and it seems WAY too complicated.

If you did this, then if this is the case do this otherwise do that. If you did that, then if this is the case do this otherwise do that.

It starts off nice and simple and then gets complicated at the end. I'll have to try it out but as it is I'm not impressed at all.
Hi Patrick,

I think it "seems" complicated just because all the options are detailed. In performance, not all the routes are taken, and it plays in a very linear fashion. See how you go.

Benny
I will buy it tomorrow and I will let you know what I think.
I really love SR and Mental Yarn, I think this could be another great tool.
Yeah, The White Room has got mixed reviews. Looks good to me, though!

Kyle
[quote]
On 2010-07-20 18:48, edh wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-07-19 11:24, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

Michael,

[/quote]

LOTH, well wouldn't that make him a laymen? His opinion would be what we're after...no?
[/quote]

Totally agreeing on this point.
can't wait for run silent, run deep !
Patrick, once you have tried it let us know your thoughts. I'm positive you'll have a change of heart!

Michael :)
After such a draining work week, it's really wonderful to read all these great responses to White Room!

Thank you guys for posting your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Ran Pink
I too really like the concept. I need to play with it some more, but it's got my wheels turning. Nice job Ran!

Max
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Nov 20, 2011 12:21AM)
Just to prove, one year after the fact, that I indeed liked The White Room by Ran.

What I did not trust were Eshla comments, not trusting his judgements on Mentalism.

Go to Ran protected forum and you'll see... ;)
Thanks Paolo! for contributing to the protected area. If you have White Room you may want to check out what Paolo added in the protected discussions for White Room.

Ran
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Nov 21, 2011 01:55PM)
I have a personal creation that could be added to that - Let's say that after the revelation, you put them into the same room again (or into another room) this time... there is a window or a door in that otherwise empty room ... They open the door or the window (depending on the path YOU, as the performer, choose) ... and they see what's outside.

For example, they open the door and they see there is a coin laundry or a dentist office, or a pine tree forest, or another room which is actually a movie theater with a white screen... the projection of the movie has to begin and this can go very multi-layered if you want them to see something on THAT screen... etc.

So many options, so little time! :)

Question: Has any of you worked out other things (objects, living beings) to insert in that room?
I recently purchased white room, and I have to say, I love it! I was a bit worried going in because there were some negative reviews, but I ended up adoring it. You can tell that Ran is a great thinker, and his instructions are incredibly detailed. Ran makes sure that you know everything there is to know in order to perform this successfully every time.