(Close Window)
Topic: Tetanus or Nailed
Does anyone have both of these and can give an honest comparison of the strengths and weaknesses of these side by side?

Cant really afford to buy both.

Thanks
OK, I bought Tetanus over Nailed for the following reasons:
1. Their are 4 bases, so the cups can be moved and there is no tell to where the spike is
2. The styrofoam cups fit snugly over the base and POP when you smash them
3. The cost was less
4. I was afraid the plastic cups over nailed could cause lacerations when smashing them
5. Cups can be chosen by audience

Disadvantages
1. You can't show the "other" bases at the beginning

I'm glad I got this version, but I did not get a chance to actually see nailed.
I only have Tetanus but I've seen most of the other effects of this type.

The reason Tetanus is, to me, THE BEST is because it's 100% safe AND the audience tells you which cups to crush.

I think people know that the magician knows where the spike is. Withbthe audience calling the shots it's got an undeniable edge that can't be faked.
I have Tetanus. I love Tetanus.

This was a late arrival in the now saturated spike-monte market, but it seems like Randi Rain and Bizzaro have learned from all the others, and created a version that may set a new standard.

If you order Tetanus, you'll look at it and think "duh," why didn't I think of this? In this case, simplicity of workings is the key. It is, for all intents and purposes, totally safe...allowing you the freedom to play this effect for all that it's worth. And, it can be worth an awful lot.

In short, you get well-crafted and believable props for a very reasonable price, and an easy to follow and understand DVD with a lot of helpful tips. Randi still has a ways to go with her DVD production values, yet, to me, she is so "real" in her presentation, I found the entire DVD refreshing in a way.

To be fair, I know nothing about "Nailed." But in my mind, as far as this type of effect is concerned, Randi Rain and Bizzaro have "nailed" it.
I don't own both, but based on what I hear, it's Tetanus.

Regards,
Mike
[quote]
On 2010-08-02 22:48, Tophie wrote:
Disadvantages
1. You can't show the "other" bases at the beginning
[/quote]
I think someone told me you can show the bases afterwords no problem yes?

Oh, I saw nailed at the IBM recently and it still has a metal tip so you could feasibly be hurt by it.
I have Tetanus, have not seen Nailed.. although I was very worried, about the method not being able to show all the cups, I did my own version and the first show made all my worries disappear, the trick was a hit!
People were screaming in the theater.. I currently work on NCL cruise Lines, and have over 1,000 people in the showroom, and it is one of the highlights of the 55 min show!
I have a video of the trick on my youtube page if anybody wants to see how I used it.. I believe ti was filmed the first show I did it so a few bugs, but they are worked out now.. and is allot of fun..

I do not like the idea of the plastic cups (nailed) as they are very hard to break and do not smash flat.. trust me ive tried..
I like the fact the cups STICK tot he bases so they cant get lifted up by the audience, I also have the Crowd choose which one.. and I hand out the spike for full inspection tot he crowd before the trick..
Good Luck..
http://www.Youtube.com/JustinoandDaniela

http://www.facebook.com/extremevegas
Hi Justino,

The cups sticking to the bases was an idea that I believe Michael Weber used with my Shattered effect. A great idea!