(Close Window)
Topic: Jimmy Talksalot Video Clip
Shot this last week in San Diego. Enjoy

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOHU0gZswqA]Watch Video Click here[/url]
Great Stuff!!! Jimmy's show is tight.

Shawn
You know, he does talk-a-lot! Nice show!!
Great video...any chance to see a master work.
GREAT CLIP

Thanks for sharing Tom
Thanks for sharing that great clip. Very inspiring!
He done almost nothing, his show is character... Great character!!!!
Another lesson in showmanship! Thanks for sharing Tom!

Charlie
Jimmy is a class act. Even in his hobo persona, he's embodies the royal touch.

Chad
I really appreciate this, it taught me something please tell me if I'm right ^^

To gather people you do an effect without an audience, and as you go with your first effect the crowd will slowly come.
Okamis,

there are many methods to build a crowd, but all based on some similiar rules of nature.......like color, sound, and movement, for instance.

to answer your question, I would have to say, what type of show are you trying to present?

if you are going to do a large 45 min show[or longer], this method may or may not suit you, because, it will attract almost everyone the good and the bad, and you don't want the people that are bad leaving half way through your show.

infact there is a method that is the exact opposite of the one I'm using here, that says you shouldn't do any magic unless you have already built a small crowd as your anchor. this tends to only attract qualified spectators, and these qualified spectators will be the ones who would hang out longer and probably pay better.

I have seen this other method in action many times and it works brilliant for certain shows.

but,

for my show which is smaller and shorter, with a quick tempo, and with close up magic in it, I feel this is one of the strongestest methods to be had.

I have found this method to be the quickest and simplest way to build a crowd.

if you are interested in the method I am using, I have written a detailed instruction on how to do it, in an artical.

here's the link;

http://jimmytalksalot.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-method-to-build-and-draw-edge-in.html

good luck and thanks for the interest.
Tom frank,

thanks so much for coming to see me in san diego, and thanks for all the work on the footage. I was really nervous when you were filming it, and your editing made it look great.

I have always looked up to you and it is a big deal to me that we are friends.

tom frank has always been a big hero of mine and if you want to see a true master at what we do, look him up and watch his work on clips on the internet or go see him live.
Very good article Jimmy! Thanks for you dedication and open heart!
Jimmy I appreciate you taking your time to help me and going through the effort of also posting a link to your blog. Im happy to say that I have read that post 3 times already ^^
Jimmy, whats that bag your wearing? It blends right in with your clothes.
I really like the videos and continue to enjoy your posts.
Tank you Jimmy for your great posts...
Thank you so much everyone for the kind words and interest.

manal,

that pouch is my new pride and joy.

I had to solve some problems; the heat, the appearance, the handling, and easy access to supplies to make a pouch in any town.

going back to the sheridan book and looking at the old pictures, I saw that the old pouches were large apron pockets.

so I bought a heavy canvas craft tote bag at a craft store. then I bought some, wide, but very light wieght, flexable, luggage straps and started cutting and sewing til I made a pouch.

now it is as light as wearing a t-shirt in the hot wheather.

it is much more deceptive in the sense that, it is much more subtle looking, on the human silloutte.

anyway works like a dream.

I have been making and designing my own pouches in hotel rooms for awhile now.

this canvas breaths and comes in many colors. it's tough and hold a shape.

I throw it in the washer and dryer.

it can hold very large loads, but it doesn't look like it could.

I could on and on.

I love making my own props and equipment.
It was harder to find the time to make this one, because, I have been here with my family for awhile,and they keep me pretty busy
Thanks for the answer Jimmy. The pouch is deceptive, I did not even notice it till the end of the video. Kinda messes with the "It has to be leather and put together like a tank" theory.
As for the family time I have never spent time doing anything else that has brought me as much joy.
I continue to re read your book and have gotten much from it. Money well spent.
My impression when I saw Jimmy's pouch in he video was
1. Jimmy's getting his gear lighter and lighter - this one would take minimal room 'cause it packs flat
2. It's typical Jimmy - not working to anyone's sterotype. Doing what he wants to do.
Who knows, the next thing we may find Jimmy doing is going on to the streets with no props/gear at all, and making up his show by borrowing his spectators' possessions! Torn and restored cigarette paper, cut and restored tie or some trick knot, hanky trick, a bangle off some girl's arm doing the job of a ring in a ring on/off the finger ...a shoelace or someone's belt, somebodies button up shirt for the shirt tear-off, a coin or dollar note, and using a ladies purse to do his hatting with. The mind boggles!
I doubt it as Jimmy is a believer in the set show.
Yes, Manal, you're right. If you have your own gear you know it's there to use for the set show.