(Close Window)
Topic: Head under bucket's illusion
Message: Posted by: TheTableTopTrixta (Jul 26, 2010 02:31PM)
HI, can anyone tell me the name of the illusion where the assistants head is under a bucket and moves from bucket to bucket then a final vanish of the assistant?

Cheers

Ash
Message: Posted by: TheTableTopTrixta (Jul 26, 2010 02:48PM)
I believe its heads up, made by dream concepts, anyone else know a builder who has this?

Cheers

Ash
The original concept belongs to Sonny Hayes and it still his creation and not in public domain! Having talked to both Dream concept & Sonny it is my understanding that they will take the illusion of the market as it is not theirs to sell.
Rafael didn't Paul Osborne publish the plans in Genii??

B
Blair I think you're right, I think it's in the Big Black Book, I'll have to double check. But I definatly remember Osborne doing it I can see the graphics in my head ^_^

~Matt~
Message: Posted by: TheTableTopTrixta (Jul 27, 2010 03:06AM)
Can anyone confirm that this Is in print? If so where? Thanks guys!

Ash
Its in Paul Osbornes Big Black Book, page 235, called "Where is She".
Yes, Paul Osborne published it but just as an illusion idea, the routine was not published!
Paul Osborne also published plans for the Mini Cube Zag, Interlude & fire spiker but Paul is very honest in telling everybody that these are reference plans only and NOT building plans! (the rights are not included)
So you can build a base & put 3 buckets on there but you can't perform the cups & balls idea using a head because this belongs to Sonny Hayes.
The best is to contact Sonny about this and to ask him, his web-site is: http://www.sonnyhayes.com
Here is one video with balls. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbwfjOOzOjo

Best,

Las
Message: Posted by: TheTableTopTrixta (Jul 27, 2010 08:47AM)
Do we know who made that one, it looks far better the the dream-concepts version, thanks for the video!
Ask Simon directly.

a.hupp@simonpierro.de

Best,

Las
Simon Pierro had it build by his own builder.
It was me that suggested to Simon to contact sunny Hayes about the rights which he didn't get but thanks to his creativity he came up with something better (because it is unique to him) and not just another copy!
Message: Posted by: TheTableTopTrixta (Jul 27, 2010 12:15PM)
Agreed! Would love to know the builder really nice looking prop!
Just to be sure, it is a Sonny Hayes original creation, he never gave anyone permission to use it. Paul Osbourne in doing this has caused no end of problems for him and for some genuine people who thought it was his to sell. I have heard the usual stuff about it being an old classic, easy to say, though no one has ever managed any proof. It is some kind of devious, sick person who does this kind of thing. A real minus for the world. I suspect that there are many other incidence of this banditry where other people's ideas are plagiarised without permission or ethical consideration. Worst kind of theft!
Anyone else but me going to point out the way he decides to non-chalatantly give away the secret to the opening effect of the Bowling ball from briefcase? Perfect example of why magic is going down the drain. There has to be some kind of penalty created to protect our secrets. Just like the NFL and other sports issue fines to athletes for not adhering to the rules.