(Close Window)
Topic: Humidity & Gaffs
This is my first summer performing in high humidity and my gaffed decks and my packet tricks are all showing incredible acceleration in ageing.

Does anyone have tips on protecting packet tricks?
Does anyone have tips on protecting gaffed decks?

Thanks.

Tony
Great question. Do you perform outdoors?

When I add up the cost of all the packet and gaffed effects I have, it is astronomical. I would like to know the answer , too.
I'm curious what kind of gaff you're using, flxx or just gaffed cards. Or you are talking about invisible deck?
If it's possible I will try to create duplicate gaffs (this is mainly for the m.ch...al ones) I also don't perform outside and keep them clear from dirt and moisture (wash your hands !)
At home I keep all my props in sealable gripbags.

I'm not worried about an ID,Svengali etc. the prices are reasonable for replacing them.
Grip bags?
In The Netherlands they are sold as grip bags that are just small clear plastic bags.
Most of the time gaffs come in the same bags..They cost me about 3,00 (100 pieces) They keep the cards dry and clear (but I use it only for storage)
You put your shampoo in such a bag when you fly with only hand bagage.
Thamnks. I had never heard the term!
For day to day storage of gaffs/packet tricks I use:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=thick+baseball+card+holder&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&cid=1084439404033117036&ei=FQB_TOjmKKbS2ATAuO3BDQ&sa=title&ved=0CAwQ8wIwATgA#p

They are magnetic, and will hold up to 8/9 card packets. Now, I will take them out before I perform, so is question really becomes how to care for cards in high humidity while performing?

I did one performance at 10:00 PM while deployed to the middle east. I was doing cards across and it was so humid I thought the cards were going to stick. I used a new deck, and it was done after that one use. I would say, if you are outside don't do card tricks. Unless you have plastic cards. Some packet effects are made in plastic-Bicycle Built for 4, and the I-Deck use plastic cards.

You can get a plastic deck for outside. You may not be able to do some sleights (faro) but you should be able to do some good routines still.

So, if you are outside, I would say plastic cards. If you always want to have a good storage device, regardless of weather, then those sleeves will work great. They have to work, because people use them to store baseball cards, and people pay big money for those things I hear.
Guys,
Thanks for the input. I perform outside in MA. I think it is the summer humidity. On GAFF decks they just get "FAT" really fast. On printed GAFFS they seem to be more prone to getting beat up, and and gl** gaffs just peel.

I will look at the plastic holders they sound like a great place to start.

thx,

Tony
I know with the money we pour into these things, it's awfully disheartening to see your money go down the hole when the cards get ruined.
Zip bags...