(Close Window)
Topic: Scott Grossberg's Seven Keys
Three preliminary requests:
1. Please refrain from making this yet another "skeptic vs. true believer" thread. Besides, if your mind is made up you're a dogmatist, not a skeptic.

2. Please refrain from making inane responses to pad your post count.

3. Please do consider adding the eponymous product to your arsenal.

I am a reader. Not a cold reader, a reader. I don't do "readings"; I do readings. I am a psychic reader. I don't use disclaimers; I don't need them. I don't use embedded suggestion patterns or nlp, nor do I pretend to do so. I see real people with real problems, and I try to provide them with useful insight using a variety of techniques, among them various oracles.
The most recent addition to my repertoire was Scott Grossberg's Seven Keys system. Built on the basic structural foundation detailed in his brilliant "Masks of Tarot", the Seven Keys system afforded me one of the most enjoyable working holidays I've had in several years.
Frequently, (before my two years in a monastery and again since returning home) I will use a psychic fair as an excuse to take a short vacation, and I spent this past weekends in my old stomping ground of New Orleans. I spent two days doing readings at an old mansion in the Garden District. Seven Keys was a hit. By mid-day Saturday, I was "the guy with the Keys." My clients (both "real people" and several of the other readers) were, as I was, stunned by the accuracy of the results. I give this product my highest recommendation.
if you are just a "cold reader" or a "reader" (but not really-like Ian Rowland) then you might buy a Svengali deck, but for a real reader, this is a fabulous product.
I agree...i think its a beautiful idea and use of the keys...i've held off reading the booklet too much because I'm going to see scott's lecture in london this month...
My set is waiting for me when I get back to the UK and I so look forward to Scott's lecture...I like the notion of 'infinite variety from a limited set of objects' and the keys really fit the bill...if they are based on Bauta, then these will be a sure fire hit. Thanks for posting.

Dr Todd
If you read an advertisement for a reading on ebay or the like, they are often categorized by the number of questions you can get an answer to. In reading for sitters face to face, it's all about their questions. The problem is, so many ask the wrong questions.
If you ask, "what will happen", you are abdicating both your responsibility and your freedom to affect the outcome. The real questions are "what result do you want" and "what do you have to do to get it." Even there, these two questions are problematic. Most people don't really know what they want. They know the sorts of things they like the idea of having, but not what they really want, i. e. will invest the energy to achieve.
Secondly, most people, even when they formulate what they really want, are generally to aristocratic to work for it. The modern culture of entitlement may be partly to blame, but the problem is, ultimately, that people are lazy. That being said, both of those two essential questions really boil down to one super-essential question, "who am i."
What you want and what you do flow out of who you are. Simple basic truth. As a reader, I would much rather spend my energy helping my clients explore the real, deep question, rather than play oracular bingo. That is one of the reasons I am so very fond of Scott's products, both the Masks of Tarot and Seven Keys. Both focus on getting to that identity question. Both provide real, true answers. There are many books claiming to teach the real work. These really do.
Do you mean B**ta? And the 7 things to weigh and cotnrast?

If so - yep.

B**ta has been one of my fav. book to read - and the bonus CDs supergreat - it changed my entire approach to readings so that now people say its about 98% accurate at least and that it really empowers them... what a blast!
I do indeed.
[quote]
On 2010-08-05 09:16, Dr Spektor wrote:
Do you mean B**ta? And the 7 things to weigh and cotnrast?

If so - yep.

B**ta has been one of my fav. book to read - and the bonus CDs supergreat - it changed my entire approach to readings so that now people say its about 98% accurate at least and that it really empowers them... what a blast!
[/quote]

ditto...
Where can I find out more about this and where and when is Scott lecturing?

Col.
Thank you, all, for the kind comments. I am really pleased at the response The Seven Keys has received. Please keep me (and others) posted on your successes with this new reading tool.

Colin - Thanks for asking. The original thread for The Seven Keys can be found here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=370614&forum=218

The Seven Keys may be ordered here:

http://www.vinnymarini.com/sevenkeys/

Information on my London lecture can be found here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=372829&forum=15&0

For those who are planning on ordering The Seven Keys, do so now. No orders will be shipping from August 17 until my return to the States during the first week in September.

Let me know if you have any questions. - Scott
I'm not a reader but I play one on TV. Sorry, I couldn't resist. It is 2:30am here and I've had little sleep so I apologize if I get a bit giddy!

I received Scott's keys a couple of days ago and I'm very impressed with the quality of their production. They immediately grab the attention of anyone viewing them, to the point where my daughter, without knowing they had anything to do with mentalism, asked where she could get a set. She loved how they look and, even more, how they feel! And of course she was drawn by the message engraved on each key.

Joni wants a set to display and/or make up some jewelery. She saw them just before leaving town and my hope is I'll have had time to get a handle on their use before she returns. And of course time to get another set delivered before she leaves for college.

I can't wait to see what doors are opened by the 7 keys! I'm very intgruiged by the suggestions of combining ideas from Trybil with the keys. Gentlemen, start tipping your thoughts and I'll share mine! It's time to give the manual a real read.
Arrrrgggg the seven Keys !

Colin do you never read your Psycrets emails ?

Tsk

E x
For those attending my London appearance, I will have a limited number of Decks of Shadows, Seven Keys, and Masks of Tarot available. In fact, the shipment has already arrived there. Breathe E x, breathe. :)
I know it is, but the ruddy person you sent it to is over there !! lol...

Evie x
As I have posted elsewhere, all of the keys work well as a pendulum provided the chain is small enough to fit through the opening. I know that Bill likes to use a lobster clasp to attach the keys. However, I have found it just as easy to take a chain, feed it through the opening at the top of the key, and then loop it around so that the chain holds fast to the key.

I think you will find that you can have someone select 1-5 keys (if you are trying to construct a multi-bob) and easily base a reading just on that selection process, alone. Many of my readings are, indeed, inspired by "how" a person chooses a particular oracle - not just on the content of the chosen omen. Then, you can have the chosen keys placed in a multi-bob set-up and work a truly empowering routine from there. In other words, you not only give a reading based on a person's choices and order, but you are able to direct their mind and heart into one of the keys. This added focus, at the end, really seals their participation in the whole adventure together.

By the way, I should add that I find it much more wondrous and entertaining to have someone select their keys and then "eliminate" all but one. In fact, listen to their own self-dialogue as they begin the elimination process. There is a wealth of information that is made available. That is a fine but very crucial distinction from having someone simply select their favorite one right away.

Just some thoughts. Enjoy. - Scott
Just ordered :)
[quote]
On 2010-08-06 17:28, FairieSnuff wrote:
I know it is, but the ruddy person you sent it to is over there !! lol...

Evie x
[/quote]

Still! Hee hee....
Also just ordered.

Must stop spending.
Must stop spending
Must stop spending

Steve
Fairie... are you definitely e-mailing 'psychiccolin@yahoo.co.uk' ?

Gutted I can't make it to London :( ... however if you fancy a trip to Scotland Scott, let me know and we can get a workshop put together for up here!

If you're interested, give me a phone/PM and we'll make it happen :)

Best wishes,
Col.
I agree with John also.

(nods)

yes.
Scott is a great thinker. Love his stuff! The keys are great!

-Rick
Thank you, again, for the kind and inspiring comments here on the open thread and the private messages I have received. I think it's terrific that so many people are starting to use The Seven Keys and adding real magic to their repertoire.

All current orders have been shipped. As a brief reminder, I will only be shipping out The Seven Keys (and The Deck of Shadows) until Tuesday, August 17, so if you want them to go out before I leave for Europe, please order now rather than waiting until the last minute. I will, of course, ship out new orders that come in after August 17 when I return at the beginning of September.

All my best. - Scott
Just got mine today!!
5 days to Holland is pretty good.

Steve
[quote]
On 2010-08-06 02:48, Bill Cushman wrote:

They immediately grab the attention of anyone viewing them, to the point where my daughter, without knowing they had anything to do with mentalism, asked where she could get a set. She loved how they look and, even more, how they feel! And of course she was drawn by the message engraved on each key.

Joni wants a set to display and/or make up some jewelery. She saw them just before leaving town and my hope is I'll have had time to get a handle on their use before she returns. And of course time to get another set delivered before she leaves for college.

[/quote]

Bill, you can get replacements here:

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=pc1456&channelid=

JerryB
I did make a point to remain mum on the fact that these antique keys can be had at your local craft store when giving readings to the other readers. Like the version of "Masks of Tarot" that will go unnamed, I prefer that this remains as underground as possible re. the shuteyes.
You're buying the routine, not the keys, Scott is just saving you a trip. I have bought E-books that I had to supply my own props and it cost more, so if like this method then it has more value.

Second, you may need to be mentally prepare if a spectator responds "I love these keys, I just bought a set" when you first produce them. It may throw you off while you are thinking "what, am I going to do now"(what would you do)? And don't think this will not happen. The craft store I got them from is a major chain here in the States.

JerryB
Jerry, you're in Miami, have we met? Do you ever go to the Elk spot there on U.S 1? I might perform there early September.

I did a reading for a neighbor of mine who is mildly into scrapbooking, and she had a set, recognizing them the second I brought them out. She said she had no idea readings could be done with them. Thanks to Scott, I gave her a memorable experience.

As far as the link being posted, I understand wanting to keep these keys away from other readers in your area, but once they've seen them, it doesn't take a genius to track them down, especially if they're psychic :) Besides, no one will use them like we do after reading Scott's brilliant booklet. Even better if you own B***a.

As Scott said in a conversation with Enrique Enriquez:

"Anyone can buy a book from the store, learn a few secrets and half-heartedly fumble through a magic trick but few have the finesse to impart a sense of true surprise and wonder with the performance. Anyone can buy a pack of Tarot cards, shuffle the deck, lay them out in the spread, and blindly regurgitate memorized meanings but few have the flair to draw out life-changing lessons from the images. Anyone can recite the time-honored stories of a shaman but few have skill to fill those tales with spirit, energy and passion."

And ...

"I have often said that, if you can read Tarot cards, you can read anything (light fixtures, street signs, nail polish cracks, etc.). In fact, as you know, much of the time I am not using physical cards at all."
Alexander, yes, I am in the next county over. Yes we have met before, several times actually. I went to one of your lectures and we talk occasional at Wizard's.
Last time you had a flat tire, I gave you a can of instant flat fix (hope it work). I had a super margarine headache and I am sorry I couldn't have been of more assistance that night.

As far the local hacks if they exist (I don't know of any) they'll just throw in a draw after they buy it, if they bother at all.

Gentlemen, you can't stop bad performers. It bothers me just as much as anyone who is reasonable. I am not going to waste my time trying to stop them, I will concentrate on my performance, and hopefully cause some balance in the universe.

Alexander, I look forward to your performance, please keep us/me updated.

Note: I bought the keys totally unaware of this product, I thought something interesting could be done with them. Being a hack, I immediately threw into a draw unopened.

JerryB :)
Material looks nice and the variety of possible approaches is very attractive. Just ordered.
Just ordered this, I hope my order is in on time to send them before Scott leaves the US...
Just ordered, looking forward to getting this one. I have been very pleased with Scott's other work, have great expectations for this as well!
Alexandre - Wow. Thank you for remembering my conversation with Enrique. It's one of those things I'm really proud about.

Cryder, Dr. Eamon, and Bedford - All will go (or have gone, already) out before I leave.

At some point, I would like to arrange a lecture tour to both Florida and New York, among other places, so that I can meet all of you in person.

All my best. - Scott
I suppose none of the other readers I deal with are into scrapbooking...
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Aug 21, 2010 11:06PM)
It is funny but I also have the keys in a box of stuff. I like the idea of the words on them and NEVER thought of using them in this matter. What a great idea!

I will have to order this.

Ray
Receive the keys today. For an international shipping it is a *** good speed delivery. Thank's to Scott for his very nice behavior during our discussions by mail.
Met scott last weekend, he and his wife are wonderful people...and his lecture was absolutely outstanding...i'm still a little shellshocked/in awe to be honest...

an scott, if you're reading this - I've read the booklet!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Aug 25, 2010 04:09PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-25 15:57, IAIN wrote:
Met scott last weekend, he and his wife are wonderful people...and his lecture was absolutely outstanding...i'm still a little shellshocked/in awe to be honest...

an scott, if you're reading this - I've read the booklet!
[/quote]

Are you saying that you are shellshocked because they were wonderful people or because his lecture? :rotf:

Ray
I posted this under Latest/Greatest but want to assure everyone who ordered while I was overseas that I am back and will begin processing the orders that came in while I was gone. Thanks, again, for all your support of The Seven Keys. The response to this project has been overwhelming.

All my best. - Scott