(Close Window)
Topic: TOOSH
Hi everone
TOOSH is something I created two years ago and finally it is ready and showing up at shops as I speak(hocuspocus).

Here is some info...

TOOSH
The performer dwaws a couple doodles on two business cards(say an x and a smiley face) and has a spectator
sign both. While they are sitting,the performer very clearly and openly shows both signed cards(really only two cards!) and then openly shows the signed smiley face and places it in the spectators and places the x signed card in his pocket.
The performers hands are completly empty as he snaps his finger,then has the spectator turn the card their holding face up which they find is now their signed x card which without a doubt,they saw you place in your pocket!.
With no hesitation,the performer ask the spectator to stand up and they find they are now sitting on their signed smiley face,that without a doubt was clearly in their hands just moments ago!
Toosh is a test conditions,point blank blow to the spectators mind and because of how open and fair everything is,the spectator can clearly remember every detail with not one single questionable moment!
The Toosh gimmick allows you to perform the most impossible signed card to impossible location,changes and transpositions,in the most open and fair way possible!
Toosh does not useuse conventional methods,such as double lifts,holding more cards than it appears,false signatures and such,but uses a self contained multi functional gimmick(some quick and easy assembly required) that will last a very long time and can be used with playing cards as well.
Drawings Limited only by your imagination
INSTANT RESET!
SUPER EASY!
ANYWHERE!
(make the genuine signed cards appear almost anywhere!).

Several applications are covered and you will see how easy,
practical and powerful toosh Toosh really is!
Here is some of what you will learn on this DVD.

*TOOSH (signed card under a seated spectator!)

*TIC-TAC-DOUGH ( two signed business cards and a dollar bill come together for a multi phase routine, including -----------------------------------------------------------------penetrations,transpositions,appearances and a signed card to impossible location!

*RED/BLACK ACE TRANSPO (both cards can be signed and only uses two cards!)

*ROYAL PREDICTION( predict in advance one out of twenty royal flush cards that will be named!).
Gimmicks and a wallet for your business or playing cards are included(some very quick and easy assembly required).
RED/BLACK ACE TRANSPO sounds right up my alley.

Steve, this sounds fiendish!

Chris
Steve, you've got my attention.
Thanks everyone.
Demo for some of the things covered on the DVD.
This is now avaivable.

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=46191
Steve, you Casanova, I'm excited about this!
Hey Steve,

congrats on the release. Like I told you a few month ago, I really like the effect and it really plays perfect and the people love it. I take a bow...!

All the best my friend

Alex
Not to be a kill joy, but there is a part in the video that exposes the gaff. Just so you're aware.
I have a stupid question.
My English is bad.

What is the meaning of the word "Toosh" in the context
of this trick ???

Is it related to a.s ???
I like the look of this alot. I can se this playing very well to lay people
[quote]
On 2010-08-21 08:38, Jean-Luc.R. wrote:
I have a stupid question.
My English is bad.

What is the meaning of the word "Toosh" in the context
of this trick ???

Is it related to a.s ???
[/quote]
Yes "toosh" is kind've a playful way of saying *** in English.
Man! That is beyond cool! Gotta have it! May end up being the hottest effect of the year. (Or warmest, heh, heh, heh)
Groan!
[quote]
On 2010-08-21 07:10, Stucky wrote:
Not to be a kill joy, but there is a part in the video that exposes the gaff. Just so you're aware.
[/quote]

Me too...I felt like this was the G**D* and OTL stuff with business cards. Maybe I missed something??
This looks good, but what is new here?
Thanks again everyone.
Just a quick note.
If you want,you can study red/black ace transpo and see how easy you can perform signed card under seat with the aces.

The nice thing about their signed card ending up under their bottom,is the fact they would never imagine it in a million years.

Of course card under seat is a classic,but it's always been done with the spectator playing the performer and the performer selecting and signing a card,so even though it could be very entertaining and comical I have never seen it played as a quick punch in the head.

I designed this as almost a lab conditions effect and demand the spectators complete attention and after the conditions are set,your hands are empty they have one of their signed cards in their hand and the other is in your pocket.

At that point of the routine everything is crystal clear to the spectator and without going near them everything just seems to happen without any help from you if you wanted to perform it that way.
These are two spectator signed cards.

If you carry business cards,this will always be ready to go and take up no pocket space and instant re-set.

Other things you could work out is doing PaperClipped,but have the spectator unclip and unfold the card,or a Mystery box type effect but the spec can open the box,as no gimmicked box is needed and no sh*ttl* p**se*.

Quite a bit is covered on the DVD, but like the examples above,im sure it will get you thinking as it's limited only to your imagination.

Here is a clip of the very talented Chuck Fayne performing the classic version of card on seat,which will have you laughing out loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVUITW_mglA
Toosh is a slang term for butt.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....
Hahaha I love this effect! Very, very cool! I'm not familiar with the classic versions of this effect but you're looks awesome! Chuck Fayne's performace was very hilarious too!
Yes, this is indeed very cool. Another terrific concept by Steve!

BTW, magicmind, it's not OTL. In fact, I'n not sure how you got that from the video. There's no rubber band.
Mike Close has a great version of the Card under toosh called "E tu Buttte'" (sp?)

But that requires some knuckle busting, This looks much more practical.
Thanks Cameron and Daffydoug
If you carry a sharpy and business cards it's as easy and practical as it gets.
The trick does get that speachless not a clue how what just happened happened reaction and takes very little time to perform,but you could make it into a longer routine if you choose to do so.
Someone sent me a PM asking how easy this was,so I would say this.
It's about as easy as it gets and it always puts a smile on my face when I perform it,considering the impact it gets and how the spectator is fooled on the highest level with the easiest thing I perform.

Ideas are included also with the wallet that is part of the package.

Great magic to all!
S
Steve,

If it's okay to ask, is the wallet essential to doing the effect, or is it just provided to carry the cards?

Thanks!
Jerry
Hi Jerry
The wallet is not needed.
One effect titled Royal Prediction uses the wallet,but uses the gimmicks in a totally different way so it can be used as some on the spot pocket mentalism.
I do show a few things taking advantage of the wallet,because it's a natural thing to carry your cards in,but even those effects do not need the wallet,just wanted to add it to the package for the ones who will like to use it.

Steve
What about the examinability?
I'm gonna take an educated guess on that factor. Probably not examinable.
Ahzhe

that's what I love about TOOSH!
The cards are signed by the spectator and everything that is used is in their hands until she is finished and I even ask her to make sure the ink is dry.

The test like conditions are set and before an effect has even happened,your hands are 100% empty and all you have to do is present it!
Keep your distance and have her turn the card in her hand over and simply pause for a few seconds so the first effect has it's moment.
Then have her stand up and be as surprised as you could ever hope and the spectator can keep both signed business cards.

Thoughts....
We all love magic that happens in the spectators hands and some times I will do some other in the spectator hands effects,just to the point,if I put something else in their hand,just being human they will start to wonder if things are really as they should be,then hit them with TOOSH.
They just can't see it coming.

S
I was tipped on this a while back and I must say that it is a stunning little bit of astonishment for your spectators. I absolutely love it
Steve,

Is the on the market, if not when do you expect to release it and have you decided on the price?
Bond19
It is at most shops by now and retails for $29.95 US

Just in case it is not clear,TOOSH starts and ends completly clean and both signed cards are real with real signatures from the spectator and to be more clear,no fake signatures are used.

S
I can see why this will take them totally by surprise. There is no way they could see this coming out of left field, but I have to ask as far as the loading of the card under the spectator's tooshy, is that difficult to pull off?

I'm afraid that is the kind of thing I will probably get caught at.
Daffygoug
One of the easiest things you will ever do!
You can make it appear in many impossible locations,not just under their bottom.
Steve
Understood. But to me the most amazing of all, if you could pull it off, will definitely be under their corybungus!

But I am leery. Afraid I will probably get busted.
I guess in reality the load under the Toosh will not always be possible.
I love the idea of using a Mystery box/ tin reveal though.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to plan on using the box reveal but if a better opportunity presents itself you can go for that instead.

Can I ask if the size of business card matters?
In the U.K our business cards are a lot smaller than in the U.S.
Size should bw no problem.
Just using the back of the card for a canvas so to speak.
Works great with blank faced playing cards as well.
My order is in with MJM Magic.

Seems to be my kind of portable magic.
[quote]
On 2010-08-25 10:42, David Klass wrote:
I guess in reality the load under the Toosh will not always be possible.

[/quote]

Or more accurately, practical?
O.k , won't always be practical....:)
Thanks for the clarification! :)

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 9:06pm
Durn Murphy's Magic supplies. Won't sell to the little guy.
I have a limited supply and thinking about filming an extra idea or so as a bonus for buying direct.
PM if interested.
Too late. I just Googled and found out where else to buy and placed my order.

What is it with Murphy's anyway?? Too good for us?
Ok so I have to ask. Why is the DVD for a "super easy" effect an hour and 20 minutes?
Could have been about fifteen minutes long,but I wanted to put other things on the DVD as well.
S
Thanks
[quote]
On 2010-08-27 21:20, daffydoug wrote:

[/quote]

Hey daffydoug,

Murphy's is a wholesaler, not a reseller. They wouldn't sell to you because then they would be competing against their own customers!

By the way, I have Toosh and I think it's great. You will be happy you ordered it.
Sounds interesting. Any reviews?
[quote]
On 2010-08-27 23:34, toberman wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-27 21:20, daffydoug wrote:

[/quote]

Hey daffydoug,

Murphy's is a wholesaler, not a reseller. They wouldn't sell to you because then they would be competing against their own customers!

By the way, I have Toosh and I think it's great. You will be happy you ordered it.
[/quote]

I know. They USED to sell to the little guy, then one day they got uppity and decided to cut us out.

[quote]
On 2010-08-24 14:41, Steve Haynes wrote:
Daffygoug
One of the easiest things you will ever do!
You can make it appear in many impossible locations,not just under their bottom.
Steve
[/quote]

I just got an e-mail from MJM magic. They are waiting on the effect to arrive before they can ship to me. I was under the understanding from this thread that they were now available
Not sure what the quote has to do with your order doug,but some shops make some products special order items to keep cost down .

It is in stock at most shops,but I just checked the site you ordered from and they state it is a special order item.

Go here and you will see,just click on details on special order items.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/toosh-gimmick-and-dvd-by-steve-haynes-dvd-p-11694.html
Groan.
Doug,
Order it from MJM, I did and Jeff had it out to me in just a few days. Excellent customer service and quick delivery as usual from MJM!

Thanks,
Hank

PS - I have not had a chance to play around with this yet, but the gimmick and principle is absolutely brilliant! Steve really hit on something super clean that happens in the spectators hands...great job Steve!
Jeff does an outstanding job and one of my all time favorite online shops.

Glad you like it Hank!
S
This sounds great, I'm getting one!! But I'm just wondering how long does the gimmick last?
Considering how the gimmick is made,i don't think you have to worry. :)
[quote]
On 2010-08-28 18:21, Astrocity wrote:
Doug,
Order it from MJM, I did and Jeff had it out to me in just a few days. Excellent customer service and quick delivery as usual from MJM!

Thanks,
Hank

PS - I have not had a chance to play around with this yet, but the gimmick and principle is absolutely brilliant! Steve really hit on something super clean that happens in the spectators hands...great job Steve!
[/quote]

I DID order from MJM!
[quote]
On 2010-08-28 10:39, bghost wrote:
Sounds interesting. Any reviews?
[/quote]
Agreed! Reviews appreciated.
I ordered mine six days ago from papercrane and I have to say I am disappointed with papercrane. A confirmation from paypal and that was it. No confirmation from papercrane. I wrote them immediately (six days ago) no response. No contact phone number on the site.

I have to say this will be the last time I order directly from them. I'm going to go through more professional distributors.

Looking forward to the effect when I get it. No reflection on the creator of course. Thanks for sharing a great effect.
I'm pretty new to Papercrane. Ordered one or two items from them so far. So far no problems, but I will be on the alert. Service is king when it comes to deciding which distributors to order from, in my book.
The folks at Papercrane are of the most talented and professional caliber. Sometimes glitches happen and it's not because of the reasons we think at first, but things caught in spam mail the like.

Let's not send angry villagers with torches before we know the full story.

Chris
Update:I just got an email from them apologizing and telling me I should have it by tomorrow. They also gave me a discount coupon.

I guess I'll give them another chance.
[quote]
On 2010-08-30 14:15, Review King wrote:
The folks at Papercrane are of the most talented and professional caliber. Sometimes glitches happen and it's not because of the reasons we think at first, but things caught in spam mail the like.

Let's not send angry villagers with torches before we know the full story.

Chris
[/quote]

Not doing that. So far so good with paper crane with me. I've pretty much dumped a certain un-named dealer out east.
[quote]
On 2010-08-29 09:19, daffydoug wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-28 18:21, Astrocity wrote:
Doug,

Thanks,
Hank

[/quote]

I DID order from MJM!
[/quote]

Hi Doug - It's not that we're out of Toosh. We have it marked as a Special Order item right now, and we indicate on our website that it ships in usually one business day. You placed your for it Friday after night after normal business hours. So we processed your special order item on the next business day (Monday), and it's scheduled to ship out to you one day later (today) when it arrives.

I hope that clears things up, and thanks again for the order, Doug!
Could you give me an ETA?
Yes, it shipped today as planned (within one business day of processing). Let us know if you need anything else, my friend.
I will. looking forward to receiving this.
[quote]
On 2010-08-31 17:40, Jeff_Mash wrote:
Yes, it shipped today as planned (within one business day of processing). Let us know if you need anything else, my friend.
[/quote]

MJM and his team is just fantastic.

Always my first choice.
Just received my copy! :) I'll give a short review once I perform this, I'm loving what I'm seeing so far :D

Paul
Looking forward to your review!
I want to see a full effect in person hopefully I'll get a shot when I visit my shop. I am not liking the demo, at least for now, with the glide looking move. Am I alone on this? It seems like it isn't that powerful but I might be missing something.
[quote]
On 2010-09-01 02:17, Piz wrote:
Just received my copy! :) I'll give a short review once I perform this, I'm loving what I'm seeing so far :D

Paul
[/quote]

Paul, looking forward to your thoughts on this!

Chris
Rockthemike, trust me, when you see the full routine, it will all become clear. It's very clever and very powerful as it seems completely impossible.
It's not a glide move. I thought that at first until I saw it only uses 2 cards.

I received this yesterday & I don't often praise methods but this one is rather nice. The effect(s)primarily uses business cards which I don't have as I'm not a working pro but you can use blank playing cards & the effect plays the same. The main routine is easy to do.

I'm yet to try this out so I won't mention what I think might be a stumbling block as it may not be an issue, but it's really my only concern. I also need to watch the DVD again as I'm unsure how any other impossible location can be acheived apart from the one in the title. I could have missed this first time round though so don't take that as fact.

The red / black ace transpo however I did not like. This is not performed signed & IMO has an overly suspicious show which I doubt would fly in the real world.

Despite that I feel I must finish on a high with Steve's idea here. It's one of those nice, simple ideas that make you kick yourself for not thinking of it first. I actually have another effect that uses a similar method so I've kicked myself twice. There are also a few other variations on the DVD which do hold water so you're not limited to the main routine at all. And its instant reset so ideal for all you table hoppers.

Overall I give this effect a sturdy 7 out of 10. Once I see what reactions it gets that could creep up another notch.
[quote]
On 2010-09-01 04:59, rockthemike wrote:
I want to see a full effect in person hopefully I'll get a shot when I visit my shop. I am not liking the demo, at least for now, with the glide looking move. Am I alone on this? It seems like it isn't that powerful but I might be missing something.
[/quote]

I don't know. The glide has been used successfully for decades....
Is this a Casanova Inc. update?
What's Casanove inc?
Disc 3 from the Paul Harris True Astonishment set.
I'll have to check to see if it's in the AOA books, which have all three of.
It's not in the books.

Yes, the move is not a glide.
Definitely not a glide if it's the same or updated version of the Casanova Inc. It's quite clever actually, perfect for leaving them with your business cards ;)

As Cameron mentioned, it's not in the books. It's on disc 3 of the True Astonishment DVD box set put out by Paul Harris about a year or two ago if memory serves me right.
Well, I suppose I won't cry. There is enough material in those three books alone to keep me busy for a long, looooong time.
Thanks guys. I knew it wasn't a glide I was just referring to the seemingly unmotivated nature of turning the packet over. I'll have to check this out further. Possibly take the plunge!
Ok... I have been working with this for several days... Complete rubbish! With cards...cuz there are so many obvious card applications with this... But try it with paper money! Now that is cool! It plays so well... Those of you that have Toosh... You will understand... You each use a ten dollar bill (in my routine) You explain "currency exchange". Have her draw a dollar bill sign... You draw a British pound sign... Of course the way I do it... Well it is not exactly PC... But it is a LOT of fun... Anyway... Get off yer tush and get Toosh... It has a lotta potential.
[quote]
On 2010-09-01 19:14, Doomo wrote:
Complete rubbish! With cards...cuz there are so many obvious card applications with this...
[/quote]

I don't understand. If there are a lot of ways to apply it to cards, then why is it rubbish with cards?
[quote]
On 2010-09-01 19:30, daffydoug wrote:
[quote]
Complete rubbish! With cards...cuz there are so many obvious card applications with this...
[/quote]

I don't understand. If there are a lot of ways to apply it to cards, then why is it rubbish with cards?
[/quote]

It is not rubbish... I just don't want to do another card trick... And Toosh allows you to do so much more than card tricks... THAT is what I meant... This is why I don't like giving my opinion on things... Grrrrrr.....
Oh.
[quote]
On 2010-09-01 20:28, daffydoug wrote:
Oh.
[/quote]

Oh? Ohhhhhh....
May I just correct my earlier post & say that you could do the ace transpo signed.

And there is a lovely routine called Tic Tac Dough on the DVD that I feel plays stronger but that is only my opinion.
The signed will definitely be stronger in this case.
Yes the aces can be signed.
Also,once you learn Toosh,think about all the ideas on the DVD and how things can be used from each routine to create other combinations.

Steve
I check my mailbox every day...

Posted: Sep 3, 2010 3:27pm
Upon receiving this today, I was shocked by what I saw when I opened it, HOWEVER, I'm not going to judge it until I watch the actual DVD. Big things come in small packages.
I dug up an old clip of me performing Toosh for my girlfriend of five years and thought I would upload it for people who does the "wife test".

When I performed it for her,she kept asking me how I did it and I cut the camera on to record it and after that,a friend called her and as I was going to another room I noticed she was telling her friend about it,so I secretly filmed part of her conversation.
So,with her permission,here is Kassie reacting to Toosh!
Back tracking is impossible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYuv9ff7PPE
WOW, she's gorgeous!!!!!
Thanks Review King.
And she loves magic!
:)

S
She looks like a keeper...! Good on you Steve...

The effect looks cool by the way. I'll be getting it just as I get paid this month.
[quote]
On 2010-09-03 21:17, Steve Haynes wrote:
I dug up an old clip of me performing Toosh for my girlfriend of five years and thought I would upload it for people who does the "wife test".

When I performed it for her,she kept asking me how I did it and I cut the camera on to record it and after that,a friend called her and as I was going to another room I noticed she was telling her friend about it,so I secretly filmed part of her conversation.
So,with her permission,here is Kassie reacting to Toosh!
Back tracking is impossible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYuv9ff7PPE
[/quote]

That was pure gold, man! That is going to to be my girlfriend when I show her, only multiplied by ten!
Dougy Daff...you haven't got a girlfriend..Come on, snap out of it...
Thanks Doug!
Ten times better?
Get the cam!
How many smiley faces do you get for that?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

S
LOL!!

Seriously! My GF has the sharpest mind of any woman I know!

She is so perspicacious that she sees through just about any effect I do. Only one that really smoked her was a Jay Sankey effect where they name any object in the world and you have previously predicted it.

That one got her!

Now if Toosh fools her, she will be ten times worse than yours! I mean I will literally NEVER hear the end of it!
Mrs Steve is SMOKIN HOT!

and the trick was very nice too!
:sun:
After you watch the DVD you can pm me and I will share something that I think you will really like and is very sneaky.

Posted: Sep 4, 2010 1:23am
Thanks MagicMan1957!
[quote]
On 2010-09-04 01:21, Steve Haynes wrote:
After you watch the DVD you can pm me and I will share something that I think you will really like and is very sneaky.
[/quote]

Me, too?
I was talking to you!

S
Oh! I already watched it after it arrived in my mailbox today.
Just a few moments then!
Ok doke! Anyway, it's getting late and my eyes need toothpicks and I was about to hit the sack.
[quote]
On 2010-08-27 21:06, daffydoug wrote:
[/quote]

They wholesale magic Daffy. For those that may not know what this entails: I create this trick on DVD and the wholesaler says I'll give you $10 per DVD at minimum 100 unit order. They then sell the DVD to the magic dealers for $20 per DVD and then the dealer sells it for $35 retail price.

The dealers and wholesalers come to an agreement that the wholesaler will not sell to the retail customer. This is why Murphys does not sell to you, the little guy.
Wow Doug, you're actually pretty close on your pricing estimate for magic DVDs. I'm impressed.
[quote]
On 2010-09-04 02:18, Douglas Lippert wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-27 21:06, daffydoug wrote:
[/quote]

They wholesale magic Daffy. For those that may not know what this entails: I create this trick on DVD and the wholesaler says I'll give you $10 per DVD at minimum 100 unit order. They then sell the DVD to the magic dealers for $20 per DVD and then the dealer sells it for $35 retail price.

The dealers and wholesalers come to an agreement that the wholesaler will not sell to the retail customer. This is why Murphys does not sell to you, the little guy.
[/quote]
True but at one time in the distant past, they did. I know because I used to buy from them all the time. Then one day, out of the blue, they made an announcement that they were going to stop that and sell only to dealers.

I guess they didn't like my business.
Eye just got it in the mail and Eye enjoyed this very much. Very, Very clever. Eye think Toosh and Tic, Tac Dough are my favorites.
Thanks for sharing.
Steve,

Well done my friend, you have a whopper of a concept here. Great thinking!!

for anyone who doesn't know, Toosh is the bee's knees so go and buy it now!! There is STACKS of stuff you can do with this, it boggles the mind, the autograph touch is genius!!

Again Steve, nice one and thanks for sharing!!

Best wishes,

Ben
Good stuff, man!
Ordered and excited to check it out...
You'll like!
Thanks everyone for all the kind remarks.
Toosh was disigned to be a very open relaxed and direct effect.
Anyone who has watched the youtube link I posted with Kassie reacting can see that it's the type of effect that is not surprising at the moment and then forgotten,but something people really remember.

Cameron Francis posted a video of one of his wonderful effects using the DiVinyl wallet,which has nothing to do with Toosh,but as soon as I saw it, several more ideas popped in my head.

As Ben said,there are stacks of things you can do and I have been blessed with pm's from several folks and I thank them for keeping it private and professional,to avoid exposure.

S
Got this last week- This IS VERY NICE! As someone stated- "Why didn't I think of that!" But- moving on- this definately can be used for many different applications. GREAT JOB STEVE!

RNK
I am going to assume the reveal under someones butt would not work well in a restaurant table hopping environment. Hoping other places would work well.
From watching the DVD a restaurant setting would be a POSSIBILITY under certain conditions, although probably not ideally.

Maybe Steve will chime in on that.
Got my toosh today.
It is so much fun to play with it.
I'm gonna use my triple treat wallet for a card to impossible place routine.
[quote]
On 2010-09-07 10:23, slyhand wrote:
I am going to assume the reveal under someones butt would not work well in a restaurant table hopping environment. Hoping other places would work well.
[/quote]

Other places will work as well,such as a drink,napkin and so on.
Carry a small tin or a paper clip and do a mystery box style effect,but with no gimmicked box or paper clipped sankey style but a switch is not needed at all and the spec can retrieve the card on every variation.

Remember,all this can be done with a blank faced deck instead of business cards.

What really makes Toosh so powerful is implemented in all variations and is disigned to be so practical,easy and compact,that it's hard not to carry.
[quote]
On 2010-09-01 11:15, kissdadookie wrote:
[/quote]
I'd like to know the answer to this too.

AP.
Hi Steve,

This is a great product which got reviewed on this week’s Wizard Product Review.

http://www.worldmagicstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=6287

All the best,

Dave
[quote]
On 2010-09-08 11:05, Adam Paul wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-09-01 11:15, kissdadookie wrote:
[/quote]
I'd like to know the answer to this too.

AP.
[/quote]

I've rewatched the True Astonishment disc with effect on it. I think it may be time to makes some up. Never thought about applying the idea to card to impossible location (it's technically a card to impossible location but it's not the kind you think of, almost as impossible though and very well may be considered completely impossible by the audience).

I've also watched the demo for Toosh a few times. There's a lot more going on there, I think I may pick this up and give it a spin :D I like this a lot better, a LOT better, than Casanova Inc.
Just to clarify my last post, Toosh and Casanova works completely different from each other so it's not the same thing ;) Toosh is much more refined and versatile in my opinion.
[quote]
On 2010-09-08 15:23, kissdadookie wrote:
Just to clarify my last post, Toosh and Casanova works completely different from each other so it's not the same thing ;) Toosh is much more refined and versatile in my opinion.
[/quote]

Thank you, that's what I had hoped!

Could this be done at a cocktail party? I guess not the card appearing on the seat, but does Steve cover other options?

AP.
Hi Adam Paul

I have a routine called TIC-TAC-DOUGH and it ends up under a dollar bill(watch the demo).
But it could end up under a napkin,drink and so on.
Also instead of the extra climax that's in the effect mentioned above,you can work it just like Toosh.

Very easy to get it pretty much anywhere with very little thought.
Thanks Craig and David and I always like awards!
Best to all,
Steve
Yup, I concur with Steve there. Very clever, excellent thinking. After figuring out what I was witnessing, all kinds of crazy and wacky ideas came to mind. I can't wait for my brick and mortar shop to start carrying it.
Got mine in today...................VERY NICE!
Hi,
Can someone please tell me if this can be adapted for use with something like a pub beer mat or something more organic than a blank card (I don't use business cards)
Thanks in advance
Envelopes work fine.

You can experiment with things,but I have never used a beer mat.
Also think of currency.

You can do Toosh with two signes aces as well.

Steve
Well, a beer mat/coaster could work but the gimmick will need a slightly different approach in construction ;)
Thanks for your help, guys.
To what degree is sleight of hand required in this? Sorry if this has already been asked.

Regards,
Mike
[quote]
On 2010-09-09 17:55, insight wrote:
To what degree is sleight of hand required in this? Sorry if this has already been asked.

Regards,
Mike

Less than you can imagine.
[/quote]
It's very close to self working.
What motions are used is hard to classify as sleight of hand.
I think most would agree with that assessment.

Edit: Thanks Jean-Luc.R.
for the post above...you beat me to it! :)
Just got a notice about this effect today from Penguin magic (my FAVORITE place to do business with)and ordered it right away after watching Craig and David's review. The idea of not [i]having[/i] to use business cards is what finally sold me. Looking forward to working with this. This has GOT to be it for awhile as I'm now broke!!
There's no sleights used for performing this thing. There's just the tiniest bit of handling but it can barely be considered sleight of hand, a glide is easy, this is just as easy if not easier.
Freakin awesome Steve.......
Mines on the way and the more I read the more excited I get about this
Wow---this is amazing. One of the best purchases I have made in magic, ever! I will definitely be using this...A LOT!

Regards,
Mike
Loosk like the most interesting business card trick since Out to Lunch,

I may have to break my promsie to myself not to bu a ny more magic for awhile as I've been seatrchign for good business card tricks.
This is a very good effect. The Wizard Product review was spot on.
I should get mine tomorrow. Can't wait!
Thanks folks. :)

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Steve Haynes
Steve, you deserve even more praise than you think for toosh!
I am having some issues with mine and I am not sure how to fix it.

Centering/orienting and discoloration are giving me problems.
Just got mine today and I'll have to admit it looks awesome. Another one of those effects where you think; "Now why didn't I think of that!" I haven't started to make any gimmick as I wanted to make sure just how I wish to use it and what I want to apply it to. I then realized that I have plenty of the [i]you know what[/i] material from when I used to make gaffed cards years ago albeit Steve includes enough for several gimmicks. However, he only includes one [i]you know what[/i] and that troubled me for a moment until I also realized that I know where to get [i]plenty[/i] of them! More than likely, the same place Steve got them from.

[quote]
On 2010-09-18 18:06, slyhand wrote:
I am having some issues with mine and I am not sure how to fix it.

Centering/orienting and discoloration are giving me problems.
[/quote]

As I said, I haven’t begun to make one but I’m quite used to doing this type of thing when I used to make gaffed cards years ago professionally. I can’t really answer your problem as to orienting, and or centering albeit I can’t foresee any problem. Anyway, I certainly couldn’t address it here for fear of disclosure. As to any discoloration I can only hazard a guess as to the type of material you may be using, and or the type of [i]you know what[/i] to secure it. Perhaps it might be best to bring this up on the Secret Sessions forum, but even then one has to be very careful of any disclosure. ;)
Slyhand
I sent you a pm.

Any questions owners may have,just send me a pm and I will be glad to help.

Best,
Steve
Just goes to show how much customer service means to Steve...I commend him for his customer-centric philosophy.

Regards,
Mike
Woah, this got me very interested. I'll definitely pick this up soon!
Finally placed my order, looking forward to get it!
It's definitely a worker. Really can't think of a single thing wrong with the method or effect. I've been racking my brains thinking about places where the card can end up at the end. The method allows you to be so way ahead that it's simply unfair for the sanity of your audience. Reminds me a bit of how the Extractor allows for long, extended no-heat moments to do whatever a performer wishes to do with a card.
Also for a mystey card type presentation,you can bring out an odd backed mystery card and place it face down on a table or in someones hand and then perform Toosh and instead of it ending up under their bottom,you have THEM turn over the mystery card showing it is now their signed card.

So just like Toosh,you very clearly show them both their signed cards and the spectator retrieves the card in the imposible location,NOT the magician.
I have figured out the one thing I do not like about Toosh and it is the word "toosh." I had always thought it was "tush" but now I learn that it is also "toosh."
Yep,it's both.
The reason I did not use "tush" is that it is used for several things.

Used to express mild reproof, disapproval, or admonition.

A canine tooth, especially of a horse.

(Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Zoology) Rare a small tusk.

And of course buttocks.

Never the less,i went with Toosh and it's close in the spelling to one of my favorite shows,"Tosh.0"

S
You could have used the Yiddish "Tucas" ;)
Tuchus.
[quote]
On 2010-09-20 17:18, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Tuchus.
[/quote]

Hmm... its written in the hebrew alphabet, so I think any spelling that get you there is legal :P
I wonder how well this would play as a business card through window :P
Hope you try that out,it's not on the DVD,but creative folks will work it out without much trouble,if they desire to do so. :)
I've decided to place it in my tax return with [i]another[/i] well known drawing on it! :lol:
[quote]
On 2010-09-09 12:56, lemonjug wrote:
Hi,
Can someone please tell me if this can be adapted for use with something like a pub beer mat or something more organic than a blank card (I don't use business cards)
Thanks in advance
[/quote]

LemonJug,
What a great idea to use beer coasters! I’m going to one of my main restaurant gigs as soon as possible to grab some coasters, so I can build my gimmick. The only problem I can see here is the need to use a slightly different materials for building the gimmick. Nice thing about this is that with some mild sleight of hand, you can literally change out coasters with a coaster that is already under someone’s beer.

Magically,
Roman
Nice thinking Roman!
Books of matches is a good possibility as well.

Steve
[quote]
On 2010-09-21 15:01, Steve Haynes wrote:
Nice thinking Roman!
Books of matches is a good possibility as well.

Steve
[/quote]

Steve,
You are a genius, this effect has so many directions to go in. Matches, I love it!

Magically,
Roman
Thanks Roman
Im just glad people are enjoying it.

Not that there is anything wrong with pre-sales(nothing at all),or coming soon adverts,i decided to wait until it was complete and ready for shipping before giving any info about Toosh,which in this case I have been very pleased with the results. :)

You can never please everyone,even though that is always my goal.

Thank you and everyone else for your kind words and support,

Steve
http://www.vimeo.com/14339396

This demo is the same,but the tic-tac-dough performance is extended.

If interested,you can scroll to about the 38 second mark to save some time.

Steve
I'm too lazy to battle through the other 5 pages. How is the reset? Is this suitable for walk-around? I love Casanova Inc. What are the advantages of this over CI?
Why not just call it arse.... you all thought it
I liked the tuchus idea! Very cute - Norewegian would be Rumpa...

"Bare sitte på rumpa"
[quote]
On 2010-09-22 10:35, emyers99 wrote:
I'm too lazy to battle through the other 5 pages. How is the reset? Is this suitable for walk-around? I love Casanova Inc. What are the advantages of this over CI?
[/quote]

Instant reset. The gimmick is self contained and well camouflaged. You're only bad angle is if someone was looking up from below you (depending on routine). Very suitable for walk-around since it packs as small as carrying a few business cards can pack.

Here is my favourite part of your question, the advantages over CI:

For Casanova, you're restricted to where the spectator can sign the card, this is a big drawback and makes the handling a bit unnatural (even though you could justify it but it still feels off). Casanova also requires a bit more handling in order to hide the gimmick. Another drawback of Casanova is that you really can't show just two business cards in play due to the way the gimmick is constructed. The last point is that to perform something like a card to impossible location, the handling is definitely not as streamlined and direct as Toosh is. As far as worker's effects goes, this ranks amongst the best since it fills all the criteria for a good, commercial, and strong effect. Easy handling, instant reset, spectator's signatures, pretty much no heat on you, and you end up handing out business cards.
Steve....this is too good - just got it, and Ditto to all the positive remarks! Practical walkaround magic at it's best.

Bravo!

DDuane

(PM'd you with a couple of questions)
A worker's dream!
Thanks kissdadookie! Your answers were very helpful.
This is really a treat. I laughed at how wickedly deceptive this was during the explanation portion of the DVD. This will live in my pocket for years to come. Thanks for releasing it, Steve.
Tush ZZTop style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_M6NkfNFsA
That brings back some memories! :bigdance:

A ZZTOP Classic...

S
Okay, seriously,
I don't have Toosh yet, however with this many positive remarks, It is going into my next magic store checkout cart. Can't wait.
Whoa!! Ya gotta [i]love[/i] ZZ! I've never heard so much sound come out of three guys! ;)
I shall put a review up for this soon in the Tricks section ;)
Reviews and demo is too good and I carry way too many business cards. I ran out to Tannen's and bought a copy. Supporting my local magic shop!
[quote]
On 2010-09-23 00:52, kissdadookie wrote:
I shall put a review up for this soon in the Tricks section ;)
[/quote]

Thanks for the wonderful review.
Really makes it all worth it,
S
NYCJoe:

I actually found some extra material from something else I had lying around and thus made two sets of the gimmicks. One for my 9-5 job business cards and one for my magic entertainment cards :)

Stev:

Just keep on releasing great products my friend and the positive feedback shall flow like wine.
Ok, ok! Toosh is everything that everyone is saying! It's clever, instant reset, you won't get caught with the gimmick and the dirty work is done way ahead of time. Minimal sleight skills required, not even approaching a DL, so don't go there. This is a tried and true worker that literally has endless possibilities. Oddly enough, using the toosh is my least favorite discovery location. But your imagination is the limit. Thanks Steve for releasing this! It's awesome!
Okay. I don't know what happened to Penguin's shipping method...

I place my order on Monday (Sept 20th). I live in Canada (Montreal),and it usually takes 2 weeks to arrive for the cheapest shipping method (it seems to me that there's only 1 option for shipping to Canada now) . But hey, I got it 4 days after! Gotta love Penguin Magic!

Okay, back to TOOSH. When I opened the package, I have no idea what I can do with the things included.

After watching the gimmick-construction portion of the DVD, I have to say that the idea is brilliant. Yet, I was still skeptical about the fact that the audience might notice the gimmick when they handle it. BUT I WAS SO WRONG. The audience never even have the chance to touch the gimmick! In your face!
I'm BACK :) First off, sorry guys, I should have had a review up 3 weeks ago :( I have my 11 year old daughter living with me for the school year for the first time in both our lives (YEAAA FOR ME!!! :D ). I never knew how time consuming raising a child and balancing a Job at the same time can be! Don't know how her mother did it all these years!

With that said...

I just got done watching the entire DVD, and I gotta say, this is sooo deceptive! While watching, I could not help but to think of one of my all-time favorite effects, The "5 and 1 Transpo". Toosh is so devious yet so practical, It's not very often that us Magi's get treated to an effect that is so worker friendly, yet so anytime, anywhere impromptu friendly such as this, as it will always be on you! Another great aspect I love about this trick is that not only will this effect fry adults, it's such a great kid trick as-well! I can see getting a ton laughs performing this on children, and there are so many various comedic routines I can think of with this!

I am kicking myself at the moment as I ran out of business cards a couple months back, I have been meaning to get off my Toosh(hehe) and go get some more made, this effect got my blood pumping to restock ASAP! :D

I personally would prefer to perform this effect with business cards (as business cards are as natural as it gets for a anytime, anywhere experience), but Toosh is by FAR not confined to just business cards, this effect will open your mind to so many different possibilities, endless only to your imagination. The materials received with Toosh are what really set this effect apart from any-other card to impossible location effect on the market. The materials alone brought my imaginative and creative thinking to life, I have so many different idea's for card effects with this material!

It's not often that an effect comes out that offers this much range and versatility, I am blown away at how simple this effect is (an 8 yr old can do this with ease!) yet how powerful and practical it is as-well!

I usually do not right reviews or give my thoughts on an effect until I at-least practice with it for some time, but this effect is definitely the exception. There are few effects that you just know while watching the explanation that the trick in itself is just KILLER and a true worker, and Toosh is one of those rear effects. What I really really LOVE about this effect is that it is sooo simple, it leaves everything for presentation, a true workers DREAM! :D

I HIGHLY recommend Toosh, I cannot think of any better way to handout a business card while leaving such a mind-boggling last impression! I seriously can't wait to get the ball rolling with this! :D

P.S. Steve, is there any way to just buy some more material off you, I have some CRAZY Idea's with this stuff! THANKS! :D

Paul

I
[quote]
On 2010-09-25 04:15, Piz wrote:
and Toosh is one of those rear effects.
[/quote]

that's why they named it toosh :)

Mike
^^^ Hahahahaha Good ONE! :D
;)

I just ordered this from Steve,REALLY looking forward to it.

Everyone seems to be loving this,I'm sure I will too.

Mike
I agree..It sounds like everything it's "cracked" up to be...
^^^ You won't be disapointed Mike :)

A great way to get laughs with this (especially for kids) is go through your performance sitting down (don't have to), loose the card (which ever way you like), act as if you have no Idea where it is, get up off your Toosh and immediately start bending over looking for the card, and hahaha, everyone see's that the card is stuck to your Toosh! Keep bending over exposing your Toosh as exaggerated as possible as your looking for it, Milk the laughs :D Kids would especially love this :)

Another good Kid routine for a family gathering with children and a Dog in-house... Do your performance, loose the card, only to find the card stuck to the Dogs Toosh! hahaha

OK time for sleep, that's enough fantasizing about Tooshes for me, anymore Toosh thoughts and I'm gonna start dreaming about em! :kidding:

Paul
Thanks everyone.

[quote]
On 2010-09-25 04:49, Michael Peterson wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-09-25 04:15, Piz wrote:
and Toosh is one of those rear effects.
[/quote]

that's why they named it toosh :)

Mike
[/quote]

Out of all the Toosh puns,Piz takes the crown,even though it was not even intended.

Sharp eye Mike!

I actually had a bit of trouble falling asleep last night thinking about Toosh(insert your own joke here).

I know it's going to be great.

Mike
[quote]
On 2010-09-27 15:35, Michael Peterson wrote:

I actually had a bit of trouble falling asleep last night thinking about Toosh

Mike
[/quote]

Yep, it happens when ya don't get enough toosh!
OK, sorry.....I saw the opening and I just [i]had[/i] to go for it! :winker:
[quote]
On 2010-09-28 13:50, gaffed wrote:
I saw the opening and I just [i]had[/i] to go for it! :winker:
[/quote]

:lol:

I will let everyone fill in the blanks on this Toosh related comment ;)

Mike
Someone should report that posting directaly to the moderators.
See what happens when you name an effect after a body part?

Mike
All my fault! ;)

Gotta love a good sense of humor. :)

Steve
[quote]
On 2010-09-28 21:23, Steve Haynes wrote:
All my fault! ;)

Gotta love a good sense of humor. :)

Steve
[/quote]

Evidently some people don't (sense of humor that is)! :rolleyes:

All in all, one hell of a great trick Steve albeit I haven't tried the "Toosh" effect. (can I say that?) I found it just easier to draw an X and a circle. No need to worry much about any proper alignment that way (not that it's a big concern), but I'm still going to work on different things and a few more gaffs. This is [i]really[/i] open to a lot of possibilities. You're going to be hard pressed to top this one!
Thanks gaffed.

You can draw a pea and a walnut shell,ace of spades and ace of heart with solid colors,with the heart colored red for contrast and so on.

But I'm sure those things have raced through your head.

Seems from all the pm's and emails I got,what people like,is how impossible it truly seems and the simplicity of the handling for this genre of effect(signed card to impossible).

Very kind words gaffed.

Thank you!

Steve
Steve,

I will be trying it out on specs tonight - also getting filmed tonight for my first demo. I'll try to get a review of it and the reactions it gets - soon. (also PM'd you)

Thanks for giving us more impossible stuff to do!

D.Duane
I see this thread is seven pages long so I'm pretty sure my addition will be fairly superfluous but, none the less...

This idea of Steve's (like his previous offerings) is nothing short of pure genius. The mind quite literally boggles at the possibilities.

I don't know what else to say - just get it and you'll see that occasionally the hype surrounding an effect is entirely justfied and 'Toosh' is definitely one of those effects.

Dave.
I just got this & I must say WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devious, sneaky,clever & your spectators will have no clue.

I can't wait to get this together & give it a go :)

I wold recommend buying from Mr. Haynes directly,he's throwing in a nice bonus :baby:

Mike
While I will not be using this with my business cards (i have my own reasons), I did come up with several other uses and applications. I make up a gimmick and now have a GREAT signature transposition leaving them with a unique souvineer!
Thanks everyone,im thrilled with the response that Toosh is getting.

Just found a new review at visions online,

http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0903toosh.html
A well deserved 10 out of 10 from visions :dancing:

GREAT EFFECT!

Mike
I had the same suprise from Penguin Magic.I live in Canada and received my stuff in...2 days.I fell on my ...toosh!!!

It is now my number one magic provider!

[quote]
On 2010-09-24 23:43, Ken Lam wrote:
Okay. I don't know what happened to Penguin's shipping method...

I place my order on Monday (Sept 20th). I live in Canada (Montreal),and it usually takes 2 weeks to arrive for the cheapest shipping method (it seems to me that there's only 1 option for shipping to Canada now) . But hey, I got it 4 days after! Gotta love Penguin Magic!

Okay, back to TOOSH. When I opened the package, I have no idea what I can do with the things included.

After watching the gimmick-construction portion of the DVD, I have to say that the idea is brilliant. Yet, I was still skeptical about the fact that the audience might notice the gimmick when they handle it. BUT I WAS SO WRONG. The audience never even have the chance to touch the gimmick! In your face!
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2010-10-03 18:20, Jean-Luc.R. wrote:
I had the same suprise from Penguin Magic.I live in Canada and received my stuff in...2 days.I fell on my ...toosh!!!

It is now my number one magic provider!

[quote]

They are now shipping by Fedex, so you can expect a bill in the mail from Fedex for additional handling charges. Gotta ask them why they have stopped using USPS. Anyway, back on topic...looks like a great trick.
I like the possibilities of TOOSH but my only disappointment is that the gimmick is very small. Those who have it will know what I mean. It restricts the size of the drawing. It looks quite small even on a business card. I believe a slightly larger version would enhanse the entire look of it. I'll be looking to increase the gimmicks size before taking it to the streets so to say. Nice thinking though and am pleased with it
Actually you can make the gimmick pretty large. don't be fooled by the size of its "other half".

Look at my business card ... my gimmic k is the size of the full logo in the box.

This does require a tiny bit more "futzing" to make it right but in practice it goes totally unnoticed.
You can make larger drawings with ease.

It's easy to assume that's not the case,but I have drawn a full aces of spades on a small business card.
Look at the ace effect again and it may help it sink in,as it's very easy. :)

PM me if needed.

Best,
Steve
Steve - Just love Toosh - as do my customers. It has a WOW facter bigger than most things I do. It gave me that sense of wonder that magicians get less and less these days when I first saw it.
I have a question on other locations that might me better as a PM, so I PM'd you.

Great effect!

Dennis D.
Thanks Dennis,
Thrilled your using Toosh and getting great reactions.
I sent you a pm with two handlings,and the Mystery Card(Hammon inspired) routine,you could do in the nude and the whole routine uses just the business cards and a sharpi.
Pluse,it's even simpler.
If your spectator(s) has two hands to help,your good to go.
A little change in the structure and a simple motion,keeps it sleight free.
Hope you like it!

Steve
Steve,

This is one of the most imaginative effects that I have purchased in years. Very creative! I am wondering if it is possible to purchase extra "gimmicks" anywhere? I would love to have multiples for creating different effects.
Steve -
Thanks again! I will trying these ideas tonight.

D
I think this looks great. I'm kicking myself because I've played around a lot with what I assume is the main principle at play but never got around to cementing a routine. But it appears Steve took it even further. Anyhow, my order is in, and I look forward to receiving this.
Steve's routine is great. In fact, as he presents it, its a real magician fooler.

I abbreviate it a bit when performing for laymen, leaving out one "proover" that makes it a magician stumper but is a bit tricky to manage in my modified setup and doesn't seem to effect how it plays to laymen any.
Thanks everyone.

Platt..Hope you like it and I'm sure you will come up with many ideas with it on your own.

S
Steve it's lovely and the fact that it resets is a winner for any strolling magician and leaves business cards with the spectators.. I've already thought of a mentalism approach with it which I'll share with you when I get time to road test it..

I'm just about to have my new business card designed so will consider this and any adjustments I can make to the card.. Your Casanova effect on Paul Harris project was a real high light for me..

For the record I've never met Steve or have any reason to say this is good other than it being good..

M
Thanks Marc,i was hoping you would like it.

Looking forward to what you come up with!

S
[quote]
On 2010-11-28 19:45, Marc Spelmann wrote:
Steve it's lovely and the fact that it resets is a winner for any strolling magician and leaves business cards with the spectators.. I've already thought of a mentalism approach with it which I'll share with you when I get time to road test it..

I'm just about to have my new business card designed so will consider this and any adjustments I can make to the card.. Your Casanova effect on Paul Harris project was a real high light for me..

For the record I've never met Steve or have any reason to say this is good other than it being good..

M
[/quote]

I really hope you can share the mentalism approach with the rest of us when it´s ready. That would be a nice add on to my Toosh:-)
Same here, can't wait to see what Mr. Spelmann comes up with!
I've had some time to play around with this but haven't yet performed it for anyone. My initial feeling is that it's the smartest, most clever trick I've bought in a long time. That said, there are some things that are frustrating about it. For one, the gimmick is not exactly something that will last forever. You'll likely have to reconstruct gimmicks more often than you'd care to. After all, it's a paper business card. There are also some issues with performance. Let's just say it's not automatic and there will always be a risk of exposure (in my experience) if you don't first peek at the card (steve explains this). I've also had some small 'matching' issues with certain aspects of the gimmick that I actually noticed on the video instruction as well. Those who own this will understand what I'm saying. Another small complaint is that this is probably something you don't want to be carrying around in your wallet on a daily basis. Again, those who own it will understand. These practicality problems aside, it really is ridiculously clever and probably the cleanest signed card to impossible location you could ask for. I'll report back after I've actually performed it for someone. I have no doubt it will fry badly.
Hi - I've been using this at my restaurant gig (4 nights a week) for about a month. The gimmick has held up pretty well, but you do need to replace it when it gets worn. I haven't had any exposure so far, but you do have to use a presentation that will work for the situation. Sometimes the conditions where the person is sitting are not the best. But there a alternative presentations - like a prediction card - that work well. Under the seat gets the best reactions. The spectator does not have to be standing then sitting for this to work, but you will need more misdirection. PM me if you have questions - maybe I can help. I love Toosh - I will try some different ideas with this concept when I get some time. It has potential.

Dennis
I too am very impressed with Toosh. However, I encountered one major problem with the effect. I am artistically disabled. After going through a couple of dozen business cards trying to draw two decent looking smiley faces, I figured out how to get around my handicap.

After much searching I found 1000 3/4 inch heart stickers on Ebay for $7.50 postpaid.
After much additional searching I found sets of 80 one inch smiley faces selling for $1.99 at http://www.shopwiki.com/Smiley+Face+Stickers+-+Yellow+1%22+(100/roll) , the fifth item down the page. I ordered three sets of these for $5.97 plus $5.-- postage. When they arrive I will stick them to my business cards about two dozen at a time. I will then be able to perform the trick without worrying about my lack of artistic ability.

I would like to contact Steve Haynes directly to get permission to sell gimmick kits for Toosh. I assembled my own after I could not find any for sale on the WWW. To execute all the routines on the DVD requires more than one set of gimmicks. It took a little experimenting to find exact matches for the gimmicks that come with the effect.

If Steve would prefer, he can email me
I prefer you contact me.
Sent you a pm.
Steve
I'm also artistically challenged

My solution was to make a gimmick that matches the printed logo on my cards.
All I draw is an X through the logo on one of the two cards. As my logo is surrounded by a box that's *really* easy to do :)
What if you don't own any business cards?
Blank face playing cards work great!

Index cards work very well too.

You can go to a favorite business and they will be glad to give you some business cards for free,as it is free advertisement,so you promote a business you like and get to use the free cards for the effect as well!

Steve
Perfect! Thanks for the quick response Steve! I will make sure to pick this up!
What is the latest on the gimmick kits, if any?
This is a great product. If you're looking for something to do using your business cards, this is the trick for you. Great job, Steve!

If anyone's interested, I just posted a full review of this on my blog: http://www.calebwilesmagic.com/?p=1773

Caleb

P.S. I would love to hear what other impossible locations you guys have been using this for.
Hi Caleb
Glad you liked TOOSH!
I wish I would have added another handling that I do,as it requires no load at all,because you openly pull out a mystery card from your back pocket(really empty)and place it out of reach before you start the actual effect.

I will post this,as I don't think it exposes the gimmick.

Best,

Steve

MYSTERY CARD!

This is something I have tested,and it is playing very well.

Bring out a small number of business cards as in the DVD,but the bottom card has PREDICTION in bold letters across the back(held blank side up).
This will be the card you draw say a smiley face on and hand them the face up stack to sign the card.
Now take the second card from the bottom and place it on top of the other signed card,as you draw the heart or what ever and have it signed the same way as the first.

Now spread and take the two signed cards,showing them and place them under all the other cards.

Now,say,i have a prediction,as you move the hand holding the cards around to your back pocket,and as you do,you turn the packet over and simply spread the top card,as you bring the hand back around revealing the card with the prediction printed on the back(card is not squared).
It appears,you have just removed this "prediction card" from your back pocket,as you place it on the table,or fold it up and paper clip it for someone to hold,or put in their pocket.

You are now set to "begin" Toosh,showing both signed cards,placing one in their hand and the other in your pocket(re-setting)

It's kinda the Mystery card plot and all you do is show both signed cards,place one in their hand,and the other in your pocket,re-setting,and finish as on the DVD,making the card in their hand change and then revealing the mystery card that's on the table,under a drink,folded in their pocket,or what ever,is now the signed card,that is missing from their hand.
I love this handling,as it can be done with everyone standing.

Also,you could simply have them sit on this mystery card openly,putting it in a funny and impossible location to get to,as well as a good story for the spectator to tell..
Here's the way I have gotten around my artistic handicap to perform the Tic Tac Dough version of Toosh. Keep in mind that I cannot draw an acceptable looking circle. Following a suggestion of Steve's, I made up two template cards each of which had a square cutout in its center determined by a ruler. In the smaller square even I could draw an X by simply connecting the opposite corners. For the CIrcle, I placed a nickel in the center of the template. I then took a Sharpie and traced the outline of the firmly pressed down coin. I just had to be careful when I picked up the pen to draw the circle's 2nd half.
I have this otw. Im looking at something to do with it differently. Looking forward to it.

Decomp
Yes it can be used in many ways.
If you like mentalism you can do the Effect Darren Brown did with whats supplied with Toosh.
If you have Toosh I'm sure watching this clip will give you all you need to perform this type of effect in a very clean and easy way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AZ6ZB58WIA
Stop teasing me now Steve, the waiting is killing me. :lol:

Decomp
Steve, any updates if the gimmicks are going to be available separately?
Hi Ryan
I can work something out for Café members as far as refills(gimmicks).
Possibly four times the normal amount for about 20 bucks.
Just pm me if that sounds good...

Best,

S
Toosch is an excellent product. The DVD and everything you get, all there. There is also an excellent bonus he has thrown in the DVD that I found particularly useful. I can see this blowing people away.

What is overwelming is all the thoughts coming to your head and mixed up of ways you can use this outside the box!

Decomposed
I got Toosh a couple of weeks ago and I con confirm that this trick is a true gem. It is nice, funny, versatile and elegant. I really love it and I recommend it to anyone looking to add some nice effect using your business card…that's the way to go. I highly recommend it. Kind regards,

Federico
[quote]
On 2010-09-01 19:37, Doomo wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-09-01 19:30, daffydoug wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It is not rubbish... I just don't want to do another card trick... And Toosh allows you to do so much more than card tricks... THAT is what I meant... This is why I don't like giving my opinion on things... Grrrrrr.....
[/quote]

Tony, I understand where you're coming from. I'm glad you posted because it made me want to get Toosh.

Goes on my wish list!
Thanks you all the posters about Toosh. The Café is such a great resource.

Checked The Wizard Product Review and...it got the FIRST worker of the week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsH0P_dZVO8

At the start of the DVD there are some reactions form people Steve has performed for and then Steve comes on and says "Toosh is as self contained SYSTEM that allows you to do many things ( as Tony Miller posted ) that INSTANTLY resets.

Then we see another end of a performance from the trailer that made me smile. Steve puts one of the business cards in the young lady's hand and she asked "what do I do" and he says "nothing". I love that. Instead of 2 minutes of explaining what will happened, he slyly let's the magic speak for itself.

Ok, enough of that. I still hadn't opened the gimmick envelope. So I continue watching and Steve is telling a bit about what it can do and then...he shows the gimmick and I, once again, blurted out an expletive. I just didn't see it coming. NO ONE you perform for will see this coming.

I made one up in minutes and the darn thing is so clever. David Penn is BIG on doing magic with his business cards and I can see why he went wild about Toosh.

You show both the business cards, signed by them, but one of them is already in a different location ( under their bottom, or anywhere else you'd like ).

You don't have to be a working pro to use this ( teenagers even have business cards these days ). My wife is an artist and I've been using her cards.

Toosh is a head scratcher, jaw dropper, gasper, an expletive getter!
This is great! I really like the mentalism applications.
If you don't have this awesome effect yet, get it today. This is one of the best items I've ever purchased. I've had it for quite a while now and just like it more every time I perform it. This really gets strong reactions. I also have to say that Steve is great on this forum. I posted a PM and had a response the next morning. Nice customer service!
[quote]On Jul 29, 2011, Steve Haynes wrote:
Yes it can be used in many ways.
If you like mentalism you can do the Effect Darren Brown did with whats supplied with Toosh.
If you have Toosh I'm sure watching this clip will give you all you need to perform this type of effect in a very clean and easy way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AZ6ZB58WIA [/quote]

Tonight while sitting on my toosh watching carchasers I come across this. I may have to check this out.
It's very good.
[quote]On Dec 3, 2014, j100taylor wrote:
It's very good. [/quote]

So you're saying I should go for it?
[quote]On Dec 4, 2014, John C wrote:
[quote]On Dec 3, 2014, j100taylor wrote:
It's very good. [/quote]

So you're saying I should go for it? [/quote]

Yes - I don't think you will be disapointed.
John I would read the advert and watch the trailer to get a better idea.
Your quote of mine is true,but it is not used in that way at all on the DVD.
I just saw that clip and realized it would be very simple to replicate with TOOSH.
Thanks gentleman,
Steve
Just purchased a new Xmas present for me.

Hey the kids have to have something to give me.
I need to see about this. Its something I brought with me to learn but I don't think I brought enough of what I needed.
This effect is indeed very good.

Can anyone please PM me to know where I can get more of the required material?

I used it all already. I can send proof of purchase of the DVD.

Thanks for your help!

Andreu.
So I've been using this for several years now and I still feel that this is one of the most inventive effects that I have ever purchased. I would have never figured out how this was done without purchasing. Very cool thinking here.
Got this a few weeks ago..and I've been performing it every day since!! This gets AMAZING reactions!! And the method is so devious!! I LOVE this! Sorry to regurgitate an old thread but I really thought it was needed

Sleepy
I happen to agree with you so REGURGITATE AWAY! :bigsmile: