(Close Window)
Topic: Talk about a deal....Tiger Woods
Message: Posted by: acesover (Aug 24, 2010 09:02AM)
Only cost Tiger about 150 million for his divorce. What a deal...
Message: Posted by: magicfish (Aug 24, 2010 09:08AM)
Hey listen, when you're the third best golfer who ever lived, you can afford it! Well, maybe second, but that's another thread.
Message: Posted by: Stanyon (Aug 24, 2010 09:13AM)
Well Tiger finally broke a Nicklaus record.
Message: Posted by: acesover (Aug 24, 2010 09:32AM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 10:13, Stanyon wrote:
Well Tiger finally broke a Nicklaus record.
[/quote]

I am almost afraid to ask but here goes.... which one?
Message: Posted by: acesover (Aug 24, 2010 09:38AM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 10:08, magicfish wrote:
Hey listen, when you're the third best golfer who ever lived, you can afford it! Well, maybe second, but that's another thread.
[/quote]

Oh no. That statement could definitely start a whole new thread. However I really believe he is the most talented golfer of all time. Especially when you consider the super talent he had to compete aganist..see what I mean it is definitely food enough for another thread.
Message: Posted by: abc (Aug 24, 2010 09:53AM)
If you think Tiger is the best ever, you haven't heard of Wendall Balfour.
Message: Posted by: Stanyon (Aug 24, 2010 10:43AM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 10:32, acesover wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 10:13, Stanyon wrote:
Well Tiger finally broke a Nicklaus record.
[/quote]

I am almost afraid to ask but here goes.... which one?
[/quote]

Jack never got divorced!
Message: Posted by: MagicSanta (Aug 24, 2010 02:31PM)
Did anyone do total numbers as far as loss pay and all that? I bet his real loss will be around $500,000,000 plus a really hot girl. On the good side the kids won't be around all the time.
Message: Posted by: NicholasD (Aug 24, 2010 03:41PM)
She's the winner all the way around. She probably married him for his money in the first place. Now he's gone and she's got more than she'll ever need.
Message: Posted by: magicfish (Aug 24, 2010 04:00PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 16:41, NicholasD wrote:
She's the winner all the way around. She probably married him for his money in the first place. Now he's gone and she's got more than she'll ever need.
[/quote]
What an insensitive thing to say about a woman whose husband cheated on her countless times and whose marriage has fallen apart as a result.
Message: Posted by: Magnus Eisengrim (Aug 24, 2010 04:30PM)
When you play out of bounds, you end up taking a few extra strokes.
Message: Posted by: NicholasD (Aug 24, 2010 04:50PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 17:00, magicfish wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 16:41, NicholasD wrote:
She's the winner all the way around. She probably married him for his money in the first place. Now he's gone and she's got more than she'll ever need.
[/quote]
What an insensitive thing to say about a woman whose husband cheated on her countless times and whose marriage has fallen apart as a result.
[/quote]

I'm guessing that there were probably more women involved than anyone knows. Do you really think that his wife knew or suspected nothing? Certainly I could be wrong, but I think she kept mum because the lifestyle was pretty livable. Then when it all broke loose she felt it necessary to do something about it, if for no other reason than to save face.

Sorry for being so cynical, I guess I've been around the block too many times.
Message: Posted by: magicfish (Aug 24, 2010 04:57PM)
Ya you're right. What a cold hearted *****.
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Aug 24, 2010 06:03PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 17:50, NicholasD wrote:
I think she kept mum because the lifestyle was pretty livable. Then when it all broke loose she felt it necessary to do something about it

[/quote]

The problem with this premise is the timeline - it "all broke loose" after and because she did something about it.
Message: Posted by: RS1963 (Aug 24, 2010 07:16PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 17:00, magicfish wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 16:41, NicholasD wrote:
She's the winner all the way around. She probably married him for his money in the first place. Now he's gone and she's got more than she'll ever need.
[/quote]
What an insensitive thing to say about a woman whose husband cheated on her countless times and whose marriage has fallen apart as a result.
[/quote]

It may have been a bit insensitive, but very possibly true.
Message: Posted by: acesover (Aug 24, 2010 10:27PM)
Lets be realistic here. It is not like she sacrificed and struggled and ate beans and franks to help put him through medical shcool and and lived a life of poverty then he left her. She married into the life of luxury. Now she ended up with in excess of $150 million dollars. Not a bad deal no matter how you cut it. It is the only way she could ever amass that amount of money.

Was what he did wrong? absoutely. Was there a lot of temptation? absoutely. Ask yourself this question. What would most men do in his position with all that temptation....I feel it is like the title of a song we all know. "What does love have to do with it?" answer: absoutley nothing. I am referring to his infidility.
Message: Posted by: MagicSanta (Aug 24, 2010 10:32PM)
The guy who made the Terminator and Titanic movies ex wife did better in her divorce.
Message: Posted by: Scott Cram (Aug 24, 2010 11:18PM)
I just bought a video called, "Tiger Woods' 18 Favorite Holes". It's not what you think. It's just about golf. [url=http://instantsfun.es/badumtss][i]*RIMSHOT*[/i][/url]
Message: Posted by: Josh Riel (Aug 24, 2010 11:36PM)
I'll give my wife 100% of all I have in the inevitable divorce. I'm not greedy like some of you, wanting to keep half.

'Course it's all debt, but that's not the issue.
Message: Posted by: MagicSanta (Aug 25, 2010 12:07AM)
Ha! My buddy offered his wife half the debt when she demanded half of everything, she decided just to leave.
Message: Posted by: Douglas Lippert (Aug 25, 2010 06:36PM)
Tiger Woods is an idiot. Why marry a woman if you know you will cheat on her and she'll take millions when she divorces you? Sucker..
Message: Posted by: acesover (Aug 25, 2010 11:08PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-25 19:36, Douglas Lippert wrote:
Tiger Woods is an idiot. Why marry a woman if you know you will cheat on her and she'll take millions when she divorces you? Sucker..
[/quote]

Quite honestly..you should be the idiot Tiger is.

Also how would he know he was going to cheat on her? Is he a mentalist also?
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Aug 25, 2010 11:19PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-26 00:08, acesover wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-25 19:36, Douglas Lippert wrote:
Tiger Woods is an idiot. Why marry a woman if you know you will cheat on her and she'll take millions when she divorces you? Sucker..
[/quote]

Quite honestly..you should be the idiot Tiger is.

Also how would he know he was going to cheat on her? Is he a mentalist also?
[/quote]

It's only mentalism when it's someone else's brain; in this case, it would have been self-awareness.
Message: Posted by: balducci (Aug 25, 2010 11:26PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 23:27, acesover wrote:

Was what he did wrong? absoutely. Was there a lot of temptation? absoutely. Ask yourself this question. What would most men do in his position with all that temptation....I feel it is like the title of a song we all know. "What does love have to do with it?" answer: absoutley nothing. I am referring to his infidility.
[/quote]
I can appreciate how some in his situation might be tempted with the dalliances with complete strangers.

Not so much that he decides to engage in a long term relationship with one or more of these people, especially so soon after marrying a supermodel like Elin.
Message: Posted by: MagicSanta (Aug 25, 2010 11:36PM)
I thought she was a nanny, granted a very hot one, but a nanny. Didn't she nannicize for another pro golfer and ol' Tiger prowled over and found her?
Message: Posted by: balducci (Aug 25, 2010 11:38PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-26 00:36, MagicSanta wrote:
I thought she was a nanny, granted a very hot one, but a nanny. Didn't she nannicize for another pro golfer and ol' Tiger prowled over and found her?
[/quote]
You are correct, she was a nanny for Jesper Parnevik's four children. Somewhere along the way, she became a swimsuit model.
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Aug 25, 2010 11:39PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-26 00:26, balducci wrote:

I can appreciate how some in his situation might be tempted with the dalliances with complete strangers.
[/quote]

So don't get married until you can resist it.
Message: Posted by: MagicSanta (Aug 25, 2010 11:41PM)
I just checked and she was a model and a nanny and a student and a cashier. I don't follow stuff like this so this is the first time I ever saw a good photo of her....daaaannnnnnnnnggggggg.
Message: Posted by: balducci (Aug 25, 2010 11:42PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-26 00:39, LobowolfXXX wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-26 00:26, balducci wrote:

I can appreciate how some in his situation might be tempted with the dalliances with complete strangers.
[/quote]

So don't get married until you can resist it.
[/quote]
Sure, agreed, but as I said before, I can at least understand that. It's the rest of it that escapes me.
Message: Posted by: MagicSanta (Aug 25, 2010 11:51PM)
The way I figure it is Tiger Woods is a very wealthy, healthy, good looking young man and women likely toss themselves at him all day every day. I'm not surprised he did it, I am surprised he seemingly left behind evidence and that shocks me.
Message: Posted by: spatlind (Aug 26, 2010 12:53PM)
Seems like it's been a weight off his mind, he shot a 65 today!
Message: Posted by: ClintonMagus (Aug 26, 2010 01:05PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-26 00:38, balducci wrote:
You are correct, she was a nanny for Jesper Parnevik's four children. Somewhere along the way, she became a swimsuit model.
[/quote]

I hate it when my nannies run off to beome swimsuit models...
Message: Posted by: Douglas Lippert (Sep 11, 2010 04:20PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-26 00:08, acesover wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-25 19:36, Douglas Lippert wrote:
Tiger Woods is an idiot.
[/quote]
Quite honestly..you should be the idiot Tiger is.
[/quote]

No, I don't wish to get bent over in divorce court like Tiger.
Message: Posted by: acesover (Sep 11, 2010 10:46PM)
[quote]
On 2010-09-11 17:20, Douglas Lippert wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-26 00:08, acesover wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-25 19:36, Douglas Lippert wrote:
Tiger Woods is an idiot.
[/quote]
Quite honestly..you should be the idiot Tiger is.
[/quote]

No, I don't wish to get bent over in divorce court like Tiger.
[/quote]

Yea...I think he only has $950 million left. This guy is really hurting. He is a real idiot.
Message: Posted by: ed rhodes (Sep 12, 2010 06:01AM)
I don't think Tiger was of the opinion he was going to cheat on her when he married her. That was something that came up afterwards. And yes, it was stupid of him.

I remember a comedian, but can't recall the name, who said; "I'll never get married again. I'm just going to find a woman I don't like and give her a house."

Then there's Emo. "Love is finding that one special person who will destroy you slower than anyone else!"
Message: Posted by: Douglas Lippert (Sep 12, 2010 12:31PM)
[quote]
On 2010-09-11 23:46, acesover wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-09-11 17:20, Douglas Lippert wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-26 00:08, acesover wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-25 19:36, Douglas Lippert wrote:
Tiger Woods is an idiot.
[/quote]
Quite honestly..you should be the idiot Tiger is.
[/quote]

No, I don't wish to get bent over in divorce court like Tiger.
[/quote]

Yea...I think he only has $950 million left. This guy is really hurting. He is a real idiot.
[/quote]

Yes, my point exactly.