(Close Window)
Topic: The Stark Chronicles
I am not a fan of typing I lurk and read constantly but when a book so inspires me and I find so little written about it I question weather this is meant to be kept silent out of the sheer power this book contains. I am breaking nearly comlete silence by writing this review in the appropriate section mind you. The stark chronicles contains two books one a diary of the events of one MR.Stark and the other explinations not extreemly detailed methods but enough to tell you what you need to make it work. The effects are told as a story of an essentric man who would often invite people or harrass people with the intention of exploring the supernatural, unknown, or forgotten aspects of the natural world and worlds beyond. Upon the compleation of this book I read it 6 more times immediatly. There are typos (much like in this review) but nothing that alters the intent of each effect and nothing that bothers me. It was the content and its concepts of presentation that made this work. I perform seance, wicca, christian, voo du, buddist, taoist based shows and at times scientific exploration shows of unknown concepts to the world at large. This is THE BEST BOOK I have ever read on the topic of magic hands down for my personal style of performance it suits me and with minor alterations it can suit many a performer however what ANDRUZZI would call a bizarrist might find this more intresting then say a card magician or a table hopper (not all the effects are kid friendly)

I suppose my intention is to express the only thing I may express my own view on a book that I havn't stoped reading over and over and thinking on everyday since I read it some two months ago. For some, you will find nothing of worth to you in its pages, for others you will find it an infinate souce of ideas, and a creative exploration of what it means to be a true conjuror.

Cheers,
The man who refused to spell check...Kyle Browning
Well, Thank you very much. I both published and wrote the material, so it is very humbling and pleasing that you enjoyed it so much. Tony Andruzzi was an inspiration, friend and mentor at first indirectly and later directly. Much of this material was written for invocation, but alas, around the time that Tony passed on.

Thank you again.
Dean is too modest to mention it, so I will. If you are enjoying the Stark Chronicles; you should also consider investigating Deans latest releases; found in the work, " The Mind Factory " The volumes are a compilation of his early works from twenty years ago or longer. THis will put your creativity into hyper drive.

Kotah
Thanks for the suggestion I really was hoping to find more material along these lines and I really can hardly wait!

I think this time I'll buy direct from Leaping didn't know you wrote it (those last two pages got me all bent out of shape when I first saw them :) )

Thanks for such great material honestly you are being way to modest you wrote the best stuff I've read hands down.

Thanks again,
Kyle
Thanks for the appealing review.
Kyle,

Sent you a PM... MANY of the tiles we have publised are bizarre and story telling titles.

Also, weather you buy directly from us or not, you will find that we have pretty generous free previews of most of our print titles on our site, so you don't have to GUESS if the book has value or appeal for you.

Idea Factory is not bizarre in the traditional sense, but if you read any of my old colums circa the 80's and early 90's, you have an idea of the type of off-beat material I wrote.

Thank you again for the kind words.

Dean