(Close Window)
Topic: Love
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Sep 4, 2010 07:44AM)
A friend of a friend told me that he knows a couple that is married about decades and got the love from the fairy-tales - not the real-existing love.. does anybody believe this?
Message: Posted by: toph (Sep 14, 2010 06:52PM)
Huh???
Message: Posted by: Pakar Ilusi (Sep 14, 2010 09:05PM)
Real-existing love!

What a concept! :)
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Sep 17, 2010 07:48PM)
Similar to socialism from the book and real existing socialism.. ;-)
Message: Posted by: mstgracy (Sep 19, 2010 02:42AM)
I think love exists but as far as relationships go...not for me...at least not for more than three years then she runs off with the ring. Love is real as you or I.

Love,
KB
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Sep 19, 2010 10:07AM)
Love is when you desire nobody else than your partner. This assumption is funny related to a species that is polygam not monogam (comes from monkeys, not from birds).
Message: Posted by: mstgracy (Sep 19, 2010 05:18PM)
:) I love your comment backinblack
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Sep 20, 2010 05:18PM)
Thank you.
Message: Posted by: ed rhodes (Oct 6, 2010 10:53PM)
"Love is finding that one special person who will destroy you slower than anyone else." - Emo Phillips
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Oct 8, 2010 07:03AM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-06 23:53, ed rhodes wrote:
"Love is finding that one special person who will destroy you slower than anyone else." - Emo Phillips
[/quote]

if you ask a psychologist for couples he might take that sentence as a symbol for the many friend of friend sentences about love.. ;-)

a sentence that might fit better for real existing love:

"love is the wonderfull ability to see a person as he/she not is"
Message: Posted by: Pakar Ilusi (Oct 27, 2010 10:01AM)
Love is the most powerful energy we humans have. :beatingheart:
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Oct 27, 2010 12:52PM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-27 11:01, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Love is the most powerful energy we humans have. :beatingheart:
[/quote]

people do not do revolutions cause of love but cause of freedom. kicking an entire system including its executive is the most powerfull thing people can do.
Message: Posted by: Pakar Ilusi (Oct 27, 2010 03:52PM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-27 13:52, backinblack wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-27 11:01, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Love is the most powerful energy we humans have. :beatingheart:
[/quote]

people do not do revolutions cause of love but cause of freedom. kicking an entire system including its executive is the most powerfull thing people can do.
[/quote]

That's love of being free actually.
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Oct 27, 2010 07:45PM)
No. freedom on the macro-perspective is the demand/desire for no suppression. nobody who controlls and dominates you by law besites the rules of freedom.

in the micro-perspective the equivalent is: accepting nobody who tells you what to do just to take your freedom in the name of whatever. in our polygamous species e.g. nobody who tells you who you are allowed to have sex with. "who I have sex with is my decision - nobodys else" (from: queer as folks)
Message: Posted by: Pakar Ilusi (Oct 27, 2010 08:40PM)
And it all stems from love. :beatingheart:
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Oct 28, 2010 04:57AM)
In the fairy tales: sure. "Dreams aren't a matter of Facts but a matter of Choice of Fiction." - you know?

in reality: real existing love is just a euphemism for a relationship-system of controll. that leads to minored freedom than people give each other in the friendship-system e.g.

the stem for relationships is possibilities. this is the unit freedom is counted in. if love for the big brother in cambodia or love to the big leader in germany: words do not change the degree of freedom people have in real life.
Message: Posted by: panlives (Oct 28, 2010 06:41AM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-27 16:52, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-27 13:52, backinblack wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-27 11:01, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Love is the most powerful energy we humans have. :beatingheart:
[/quote]

people do not do revolutions cause of love but cause of freedom. kicking an entire system including its executive is the most powerfull thing people can do.
[/quote]

That's love of being free actually.
[/quote]

"One evening, when I was yet in my nurse’s arms, I wanted to touch the
tea urn, which was boiling merrily... My nurse would have taken me away
from the urn, but my mother said 'Let him touch it.' So I touched it --
and that was my first lesson in the meaning of liberty."
-- John Ruskin
(1819-1900) British author, artist, social critic
Source: The Story of Arachne, 1870
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Oct 28, 2010 07:27AM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-28 07:41, panlives wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-27 16:52, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-27 13:52, backinblack wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-27 11:01, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Love is the most powerful energy we humans have. :beatingheart:
[/quote]

people do not do revolutions cause of love but cause of freedom. kicking an entire system including its executive is the most powerfull thing people can do.
[/quote]

That's love of being free actually.
[/quote]

"One evening, when I was yet in my nurse’s arms, I wanted to touch the
tea urn, which was boiling merrily... My nurse would have taken me away
from the urn, but my mother said 'Let him touch it.' So I touched it --
and that was my first lesson in the meaning of liberty."
-- John Ruskin
(1819-1900) British author, artist, social critic
Source: The Story of Arachne, 1870
[/quote]

I like that. at least there is a difference between liberty for kids and liberty of adults, but anyhow..

question is: do people learn from their experience with their own demands in partnerships/love? what about their ability to talk straight and honest to their partners about them?
Message: Posted by: Pakar Ilusi (Oct 28, 2010 07:46AM)
JUST FEEL THE LOVE EVERYONE! :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart:

:beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart:
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Oct 28, 2010 08:13AM)
People who feel the real existing love are usually those who have a minor degree of allowense/granting to those they pretend to wish all good for (especially if it violates the narcissim of the freedom-taking individuum).. leads back to what I allready wrote about freedom and taking possibilities from each other in the name of whatever..
Message: Posted by: Pakar Ilusi (Oct 29, 2010 03:31AM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-28 09:13, backinblack wrote:
People who feel the real existing love are usually those who have a minor degree of allowense/granting to those they pretend to wish all good for (especially if it violates the narcissim of the freedom-taking individuum).. leads back to what I allready wrote about freedom and taking possibilities from each other in the name of whatever..
[/quote]

And then we FEEL THE LOVE SOME MORE! :beatingheart:

:beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart:
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Oct 29, 2010 01:04PM)
If you like the feeling you get through a minored degree of freedom - enjoy.. ;-)
Message: Posted by: Pakar Ilusi (Oct 31, 2010 03:30AM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-28 08:46, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
JUST FEEL THE LOVE EVERYONE! :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart:

:beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart:
[/quote]

ENJOY THE LOVE EVERYONE!

:beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart: :beatingheart:
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Mar 22, 2014 05:39PM)
For you love is illusion, for me it is reality. I fought for the country that I love. I am in a relationship with a woman that I love. I am raising the child that I love. ill let you have YOUR illusions my friend.
Message: Posted by: jugglestruck (Mar 26, 2014 03:13AM)
Somebody of note once said, while looking after her sick partner, true love is wiping their a***e for years and still leaving them with their dignity intact.
Message: Posted by: Ray Bertrand (Jun 22, 2014 10:51PM)
[quote]On Mar 22, 2014, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
For you love is illusion, for me it is reality. I fought for the country that I love. I am in a relationship with a woman that I love. I am raising the child that I love. ill let you have YOUR illusions my friend. [/quote]

Bravo Michael. I too have found true love. I tried the rest and finally found the best 17 years ago and I couldn't be happier. Others are still pursuing the hedonistic lifestyle which in turn becomes nothing more than an illusion. When will they ever learn?

Ray
Message: Posted by: ZachDavenport (Jul 3, 2014 01:23PM)
Love is being willing to give anything including your life for someone else. It does not matter if it is a friend, family member, partner or even a complete stranger.
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Sep 25, 2015 02:10PM)
[quote]On Mar 22, 2014, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
For you love is illusion, for me it is reality. I fought for the country that I love. I am in a relationship with a woman that I love. I am raising the child that I love. ill let you have YOUR illusions my friend. [/quote]

well I do not know what war you fought in.. I hope not an imperialistic us-war like iraq (violoting international law for a lie).. anyhow: yousually wars are about: join the army - kill interesting people.. of course there is a big similarity to love - but I am not sure that this is very convincing in terms of having a good time..
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Sep 25, 2015 02:17PM)
[quote]On Jun 22, 2014, Ray Bertrand wrote:
[quote]On Mar 22, 2014, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
For you love is illusion, for me it is reality. I fought for the country that I love. I am in a relationship with a woman that I love. I am raising the child that I love. ill let you have YOUR illusions my friend. [/quote]

Bravo Michael. I too have found true love. I tried the rest and finally found the best 17 years ago and I couldn't be happier. Others are still pursuing the hedonistic lifestyle which in turn becomes nothing more than an illusion. When will they ever learn?

Ray [/quote]

thanks - you are absolutely right.. people have to decide between a hedonistic lifestyle (having fun in life) and a lifestyle full of dutys/work.. if you want to claim you could not be happier than living a life full of dutys (the opposite of freedom / hedonism) - well: honesty/illusions and stuff..
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Sep 25, 2015 02:20PM)
[quote]On Jul 3, 2014, ZachDavenport wrote:
Love is being willing to give anything including your life for someone else. It does not matter if it is a friend, family member, partner or even a complete stranger. [/quote]

sounds pathetic as the drive to survive is the strongest one humans have.. friend of a friend stuff..
Message: Posted by: Silvertongue (Sep 27, 2015 09:22PM)
Love is simply the wish, may you be happy.
Message: Posted by: backinblack (Sep 28, 2015 12:49PM)
[quote]On Sep 27, 2015, Silvertongue wrote:
Love is simply the wish, may you be happy. [/quote]

agree.. love is a sort of wishfull thinking..
Message: Posted by: CGould (Feb 28, 2019 12:17PM)
Has anyone found out if there is any credibility to this love thing or is just another Urban Legend?
Message: Posted by: Senor Fabuloso (Mar 5, 2019 02:24AM)
I don't have an answer to your question but for me Love is caring, even when you don't want to :)
Message: Posted by: countrymaven (May 5, 2019 07:26PM)
Sorry for breaking a taboo here, but for me, God is love. Don't tell me not to mention God. It is a free country I am not trying to convert you but define what real love is, ok? Eternal love is the source of all real love. Love, real love is real.
But it must be backed by actions and service.

C.S. Lewis has some of the most revealing thoughts on the deception inherent in so called romantic love. I mean the falling in love feelings that don't last. That is not love but it sure can lock some people in with the wrong one for a while.