(Close Window)
Topic: Blockhead/floss variations...what ELSE can I stick in there...
Hey I was working on my act and was trying to think of a variation on the blockhead and/or the human floss.... I've seen nails (of course) and glass nails and screwdrivers and drills etc... and for the floss I've seen noodles, animal balloons, tube for milk (human crazy straw by brian brushwood) ... but what are some I may not have seen
Message: Posted by: MagiciennesUnlimited (Sep 6, 2010 08:29AM)
It doesn't take much thought to see the possibilities. Its all been done.

And btw, Human Crazy Straw has been George the Giant'S act way longer than Brian. He forgets to give credit where its due on much of his internet show, and hasn't researched the history of his subject matter too well.
There's another person who also claims it as original. I'm not sure who actually came up with it.
Hey Kameron what about using a straw and drink milk though it .... I came up with this idea a couple of moths ago. ;)

I’m just messing.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is:- A high heel - But Harley did that already (I think he was the first - but I may be wrong - my wife says I am MOST of the time)

I had a GIANT THUMB TACK (Drawing pin to all of us who speak proper English! - or if you in a vulgar mood a smarty [or other correctly shaped sweets / candy] with a hard on.) made by a certain nipple lifting, pulling, swinging blacksmith (that’s swinging things from his Nipples rather than the act of swinging ….. what ever that is…..I’m a little innocent one here you know). He also makes great blockhead swords as well.

I know that I saw a sideshow on AGT that had a MASSIVE cork screw that was powered by a drill…… went up the nose and out the mouth …. Very cool! Oh and there is the old chestnut of TGNs drill bits!

That’s it I am out …..

Oh wait a cotton bud, a pea (you could use the perfect pea from School for scoundrels). A mini light sabre. Or a small pool queue (really small)

Has it been done with women’s (or men’s I am no sexist!) tights – you know like bank robbers use!
I knew others beside Brain did the crazy straw, I just found it out AFTER posting this. lol. Thanks for the ideas guys.. kinda wanted to see what was out there so I could TRY and come up with somthing original...ish... ambitious I know...
Original...find a few answers to the question: Why would I pound a nail into my head? Pick the one that would best make sense to an audience.
Car mast, pencil,scissors or Dave Matkin,,,,,,he will really get up your nose !!
A thermometer might be nice.
An electric car ariel.......( do I win ?....)
Ive also seen it done with small snakes ....
Is there anyone besides me that DOESN'T do this 'UNIQUE' stunt? It's becoming the 'feegee mermaid' of live acts.
I'm SURE it's been done....but rather than a human crazy straw put the tube through and run some liquid through it so it comes out your mouth....turning you into a human fountain....Bellagio eat your heart out!
Jondark... I think that's how brushwood does it.. I saw it with milk...
Doug: I don't think it's unique... The area I'm in doesn't really get this kind of entertainment... also if I can come up with something original I wont feel like a hack...
Nails have always worked for me. You said the area doesn't get that type of entertainment so why change it? Like Harley said, it's the why? Answer that and it will work. What ever it is.

It may be performed by many but I find that most all audiences have never seen it, at least not live.
Does anyone do this using the tubing feeding through? What's the best kind/size to use? I assume that it should be something that's ultra pliable so it can make the right twists/turns.
Brian and my versions are very different his has the fountain style while I have it wrapped around the volunteer before I drink.
I havent seen yours George... all I've heard is other people...
Here's an idea that JUST popped in my head based on the word "fountain" I just saw.

Ready?

Here it is.

Combination!

Mentos and diet cola.

'nuff said.

PS, HEY George!
Good god Nips...That is freakin brilliant!
Does it have to be Diet cola? I can't stand the stuff.
Nipps...great idea....we're actually have a mad scientist party for my son's birthday and have the mentos and coke...I'm there! Gonna give it a shot and see if I can turn my head into old faithful....

--T
Diet coke is what Steve Spangler uses on his site (stevespanglerscience.com I think)

--T
Try ZERO. No chem taste.

Kameron...I wasn't at all putting you or other nose whackers down...just seems there's so many!!! Keep in mind I'm one of those who was around when maybe one or two was introducing fastening hardware to their inner skull.

(just like back in the day 'mermaids' were rare...is that why I put a few hundred of 'em out there?? :)
So... Hook up a 2 liter of Diet coke to a tube with attached mentos dropping mechanism that goes up through your nose and out your mouth? interesting... might take some engineering...
That's a great idea. Nipps, I think you just created the next soon-to-be-hackneyed stunt presentation.
Think about how you want to catch it. Perhaps a target/funnel? Held by a spec?
You can see my stuff on YouTube. Brian came up with the idea of hooking the tube to a pressure pump. And attacking each other.
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Sep 10, 2010 07:27AM)
[quote]
On 2010-09-09 13:29, Rotten wrote:
Does it have to be Diet cola? I can't stand the stuff.
[/quote]

Yes, the physics of it would take a page to explain, but suffice it to say regular soda just doesn't make the effect as spectacular. Also, don't use shiny Mentos, the soda needs the microscopic craters that regular Mentos has.
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Sep 10, 2010 07:28AM)
BTW, I want royalties for this idea. This forum is evidence that I will use at the trial when I sue you.
Blow some naphta thru that sucker and atomize it with a faucet aerator!
A nose blast!
Message: Posted by: Doctor Mythsonian (Sep 10, 2010 09:23AM)
[quote]
On 2010-09-10 10:07, petekoloz wrote:
Blow some naphta thru that sucker and atomize it with a faucet aerator!
A nose blast!
[/quote]

Now, THAT'S entertainment!
[quote]
On 2010-09-10 08:28, thegreatnippulini wrote:
BTW, I want royalties for this idea. This forum is evidence that I will use at the trial when I sue you.
[/quote]

now it might not be worth it...
I was going to give credit! I swear!
For a blockhead, maybe use an ice pick to clear them frozen nostrils.
When you ask questions like this... it's either already been done, or the people with a novel variation are not going to tell you it because they plan on doing it themselves. I wouldn't ask questions like this to a group of sideshow performers and expect to get any good creative suggestions.
I don't know Erik...I think up a lot of stuff I am never going to use because it doesn't fit my act. Stuff that I think would be cool but doesn't fit me. I have no problems giving that away if I like the person in question.
And I like brainstorming sessions.
There have been a couple of good ideas in this thread that I might not have come up with on my own, so it was actually pretty cool.
Gwyd
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Sep 17, 2010 07:26AM)
Yeah, I kinda just invented the variation with the Mentos and soda.... I do not ever plan on performing it. Brainstorming.... mine are more like brain drizzles.
I wasnt thinking people would GIVE me routines... just things to jump start ideas... you guys are creative and just talking about stuff gets me thinking...
Something I quite like the idea of, and I'll get round to it one day soon-ish, is "The Human Optic", one, or even two people mixing drinks via The Human Crazy Straw routine.
[quote]
On 2010-09-09 22:08, Harley Newman wrote:
Think about how you want to catch it. Perhaps a target/funnel? Held by a spec?
[/quote]

...think Gallagher for lots of fun and an easy way to empty the tent.
There's the old clown gag with a funnel, too.
Meat hooks are a good one, but you preferably have to get them made to fit your face. It's certainly my next step when I find someone I trust to make it to my specifications.
TTRP, I've sent a template for a hook off to Nippulini, which is with him at the moment, it'd be worth dropping him a mail on here, or on his site.
Thanks Lurchenstein, will get on that
Bringing this back cos an idea I had a year back has now been made, tried and tested.

Get a bottle opener and weld your BH nail to it,,,shove up nostril (Nail end,,silly peep)Then open bottle of beer with the opener while its in nose position.

Tip,,,,loosen bottle cap prior to performance. Hand opened bottle to speckie.

Brill idea which works,,,don`t forget to credit the Great One each time you do it.

Openings for some real strong gags are possible here and your not getting mine. Tried and tested over 100 performances.

Ken.
[quote]
On 2011-05-12 05:28, Kondini wrote:
Bringing this back cos an idea I had a year back has now been made, tried and tested.

Get a bottle opener and weld your BH nail to it,,,shove up nostril (Nail end,,silly peep)Then open bottle of beer with the opener while its in nose position.

Tip,,,,loosen bottle cap prior to performance. Hand opened bottle to speckie.

Brill idea which works,,,don`t forget to credit the Great One each time you do it.

Openings for some real strong gags are possible here and your not getting mine. Tried and tested over 100 performances.

Ken.
[/quote]

Sorry Ken, I started doing that one back in 2002. I always give the beer to a volunteer. Makes a nice little prize for them. I could have sent you the tool if I'd known, I have spares. Don't take it too hard, everytime I think I have a new idea someone else was there before me. My guess is someone else thought of that before 2002!

Anyway, by great one, you'll have to mean me from now on ;)
Yeh right,,hows the devil are you and wheres my Xmas card you tight git !! Your the third person to say that they had thought of it before,,claims back to 1985 so far so your still just a twinkle hahaha.

don't care anyway,,,your still not getting my gags, so there.

Ken.
Your Xmas card? Where's mine?!

I don't care anyway, my version has a little twist which I THINK is unique. Though I'm sure I'll be put right on that also :(

David 'The Great One' Straitjacket
I sent you one,,,, and you should care !!!
BTW it was Jonny Eagle (So Im informed) Who did it at Appleby Fair back in the 80`s.

I bow to others superior knowledge !!
don't you mean David (With the little one) Straitjacket.
Didn't get one from you :(

OK, you'll be on the list next year! To be honest we cut down a bunch on cards this year.

And, I mean I don't care than I am not the first :) Like I said, I think my twist is unique.
Right I shall sort Pat out then, she said she sent you one.

I agree, you are certainly twisted and unique.
Using a corkscrew?
[quote]
On 2011-05-12 13:27, Harley Newman wrote:
Using a corkscrew?
[/quote]

Dammit Harley, you are too clever. Yep, I have a corkscrew one. Screw it in, pop the bottle open. After a lot of searching I found a corkscrew that had a bottle opener for the handle so bought a few of those.