(Close Window)
Topic: Vent Haven 2011
I'm planning my trip, it's going to happen this time!
When does it all happen? If I'm coming from England what day do you suggest I arrive?
See you there.
Colin,

Dates for Vent Haven 2011 are July 13-16 in Ft. Mitchell, Kentucky (near Cincinnati, OH). I would suggest coming in sometime on the 12th. so you can get acclimated and have some time to rest..as we don't give you much time to rest the entire conVENTion! It's non-stop fun and learning!

Usually our folks fly out on Sunday, which would be July 17. The hotel, by the way, is still (for now anyway..) the Drawbridge Hotel and Convention Center in Ft. Mitchell, KY.

Any other questions, Colin, please let me know how I can help!
Colin,

Mark is right. Come early to allow yourself time to recover from travel and adjust to the new time zone. People start arriving as early as Monday so there are people to meet even before it all gets rolling.
The lobby is always humming with people.

Keep checking with the Venthaven website and watch for details, schedules and any updates. http://www.venthavenconvention.com
Colin..we had 13 countries represented last year and over 400 in attendance..so I'm anxious to have you and all the readers of this forum to attend. You'll love it! We'll have more info up soon on 2011 on our website: http://www.venthaven.com

Mark

Mark Wade-Ventriloquist
http://www.kidshowvent.com
I have the dates blocked off in my schedule. I'm so looking forward to hanging out with people as crazy about vent as I am. Besides, I own Neale a dinner.

Bob
Bob, it will be great to meet you and Colin at Vent Haven next year!

Mark

Mark Wade-Ventiloquist
I was talking to a few guys at Kidology, including Jimmy Carlo who might want to come too.
Argggg Cheapest flight I can find is £750, does the convention have to be during school holidays?
I'd love to come along one year.
I didn't go to Vent Haven in 2001, when I went to USA, because I attended Vegas Festival & I-Fest. I didn't have enough money to go to 3 conventions that days.

I'm thinking to go to USA again, and will go to Vent Haven, but don't know when.
I've just booked my flight! See you there guys!
Great Colin! Looking forward to meeting you in person!
Hey Colin..great to have you coming to Vent Haven this summer! I'm working on the ConVENTion as we speak, so Kimmo don't give up on me yet! I'm taking a look at the budget and trying to make all things work together.

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Got my room reserved and will be booking my flight soon.
Hmm must book a room!
Shame I can't fit my dragon in my hand luggage. Should I bring a puppet or buy a new one when I'm there?
There is always a group photo with everyone and their puppets. You could bring one or buy one. There are also 2 dealers rooms so there could be lots of choices.
That's right, Colin, we have aproximately 26 dealers ever year selling anything from hard figures and puppets to table stands, scripts, and even old vent memoriablilia. If you can't bring a puppet, bring a duffle bag, cloth bag, or empty suitcase and birng home a puppet with you. This has to be the most dealers in one place you'll ever find.

I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Mark

Markwade@kidshowvent.com
I did mention to Tim Selberg about being there with his Table of Temptation. I need to think about what I need and start saving.
Hi Mark.
don't forget me a Dave as well. lol.
Hope alls well my friend.
Ah Jimbo, but if I get there first and blow him away with my performance and my style and my charm and of course my modesty!
Of course I was also thinking of you and Dave, Jimmy! Colin..glad you're coming and I will take a look at your performing. My only barrier at times is the budget. The US economy still isn't the greatest yet.

Mark

markwade@kidshowvent.com
At least you got an economy Mark. here in England we are at melt down. lol

Nice one Colin. But I am old friends with Mark. We worked together in the Gala Show at Kidabra.
Ah, so the "Old Boy" network even exists across the pond!
I'm realy looking forward to it. Can't wait to meet all my American, and Canadian (Neale) Facebook friends.
Colin,

Looking forward to seeing you too. I am waiting to see what Mark has in mind for me this year. I have really enjoyed helping out and performing over the last few years.
Hotel reservations made, schedule cleared. This will be my first one, and I'm psyched!

Bob

P.S. Neale, I haven't forgotten my dinner offer.
Hotel Reservation made. Just need to renew my passport and get some spending money. Hmm Selberg, Alfaro, MAT.............
Can anyone tell me more about Venthaven? I emailed Mark Wade many times but no reply.
1)How much does it cost for the event
2) and what does it include
3)and what to expect there

Thanks
Frankie
Frankie...sorry but I never received any of your emails. Did you try contacting me at this address: markwade@kidshowvent.com ? That is what I use the majority of the time.

To anser your questions the ConVENTion is held July 13-17, 2011 at the Drawbridge Hotel and Convention Center in Ft. Mitchell, KY and we are proud to be in our 35th. year of doing these get togethers. This year we will be celebrating the great vent Jimmy Nelson with our theme being "70 Years Of Laughter: A Jimmy Nelson Celebration". This will include a question and answer session by Jimmy plus film highlights of his career and many other surprises.

Our conVENTion is run by professional vents to help our art and to betterventriloquists everywhere. This year will have Jeff Dunham in attendance, as well as Terry Fator ( we're still finalizing plans for him..) as well as top pros like Mark Merchant, Gary Hunter, Ken Groves, Mark Wade, Lynn Trefzger-Joy, Pete Michaels and many others.

It's like a big family reunion and we have shows, workshops, lectures, panel discussions and two rooms full of over 28 dealers who sell vent related products, puppets , and figures. We also have open mic sessions for people who want to try out new material and an International Show and panel discussion.

The cost is $125. for the first primary family member and $95. for each additonal family member. The rpice goes up to $145. / $115. after May 15, so you want to get on the mailing list and be a part of it, we welcome you! Please use the above email to send me your address so I can send you a brochure when they come out in January.

Sorry again for the mixup. I really try to answer each person who contacts me in short order...i don't know why your email didn't reach me.

I'd love to hear from you!

Mark

Mark Wade-Ventriloquist
"70 Years Of Laughter: A Jimmy Nelson Celebration"!!!
This DOES sound like the year to attend!
Thanks Mark for answering my questions.Deeply appreciated!
I'll email you in the future at the address given above.
My previous emails went to markwade@venthaven.com
I'll definitely make my way there!
Hi Mark,Thank you for answering my questions.I've sent you an email to the address given above.
Hi Mark.
I hope I'm on your list as I have already booked my room and bought my flight!
Number 3 on this list?
Are we just hot wired differently? :)
Most Horrifying Museums on Earth?
http://www.cracked.com/article_18686_the-7-most-horrifying-museums-earth.html
It looks like I'm finally going to be able to attend this year. I'm very excited about it!
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Nov 24, 2010 08:19AM)
Hi David,

When you are at the ConVENTion, come by our tables and introduce yourself. Will be glad to get to know you. Mark is right. Vent Haven is the eVENT of the year.

Steve
Wow, guys! This is great! You are some of the people I have been wanting to meet and you will finally be at Vent Haven this year! We are working on finalizing the conVENTion and will have something up on the Vent Haven ConVENTion website in January to tell the lineup. I can say that Jeff Dunham will definitely be there and it looks like Terry Fator will also be in for a day, then right back to Vegas for his show.

This is a special Jimmy Nelson Celebration this coming ConVENTion. On Dec. 15 Jimmy will turn 82..and what a grand guy he is!

I'll have a bit more to say later..

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Mark

markwade@kidshowvent.com
Exciting news Mark!

Steve, glad to see you on here!

Tom
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Nov 24, 2010 03:38PM)
Thanks Tom,

I have been watching this site for several weeks (I guess they call me a lurker) and this looks like the most beneficial and useful site I have seen to help people in the industry gain more knowledge in their craft.

Steve
13 hour drive for me. It's on my schedule, so looking forward to meeting other vents. I expect to get very poor after visiting the dealer's room.
Steve:

I am hoping to be at Vent Haven too in 2011 (my first time) so Lily and I will stop by so she can see you again!!
17 hour drive for me, but well worth the trip!!!
17 hour drive for me, but well worth the trip!!!
26 Hours flight for me! And meeting all my new friends is worth it!
I'm looking forward to meeting all of you folks as well.
4 hour drive for me, but I will try and suffer through it. he, he. I had to miss last year, but not this time.

Troy
OK MAps wins so far. my flight is only about 12 hours. Looking forward to it and meeting all my facebook chums.
Do I get a prize? It's my birthday when I reached there.
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Nov 27, 2010 08:30AM)
Lisa:

Wow! We are looking forward to seeing Lilly again!!! (And it would be great to meet you as well)

Steve
Just registered and paid online all in about 3 minutes! Thanks, Mark, for making it so easy. It's 5 months away, and I'm CRAZY excited!

Bob
Hi Bob..just checked my email and your registration is there! I'll process it, and in about 3-4 business days I can get your registration form to you. PayPal asks that I wait until they can process your registration, but it will be on the way shortly. This PayPal thing worked out beautifully last year and we have several who have already sent in their forms.

I'd love to see as many of you from Magic Café as I can. It's going to be great..and it's our 35th. ConVENTion! Check us out at: venthavenconvention.com

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
As soon as I get my brochure I'll get it done. See you there.

Colin
http://www.aceofdiamonds.co.uk
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 3, 2011 09:31AM)
Colin,

You can download the brochure and print it from http://www.venthavenconvention.com without having to wait. Looking forward to meeting you this year.

Steve
http://www.thedummyshoppe.com
Downloaded and paid! When should I pack?
I just registered my husband and I also! So nice to be able to take care of it on line and pay with PayPal! I am looking forward to it!!!
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 3, 2011 01:31PM)
Lisa,

I'm glad to hear that you are bringing an adult to supervise you and Lily - lol

Steve
Steve, I am not so sure that my husband qualifies as an adult - just ask Mark Wade!!
I'm the wrong guy to ask about being an adult...ask my wife! That's the secret to doing great kidshows! :)

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 4, 2011 10:12AM)
Lisa,

We can all testify that the great thing about this art form is the requirement to have a touch of youthful insanity. . .regardless of the type of show.

Steve
So very true!! That is why my family has been referred to as "a very wacky family!" The puppetry arts keep my husband sane - his day job drives him insane!! I am glad he will be able to be part of my ventriloquism world during Vent Haven.
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 4, 2011 12:16PM)
JET and I look forward to meeting him (and you). I trust that you will find as we have that those (5 days for us) days are the highlight of our year.

Steve
Hey everybody..WOW! The registrations are starting to roll in, especially from countries outside the U.S. If you haven't considered it before, I would encourage all of you to join us for an incredible ConVENTion 2011 (our 35th. anniversary). It will be a tribute to one of the most influencial vents of all time, Jimmy Nelson!

I hope to see you all in Ft. Mitchell this summer!

Mark

markwade@kidshowvent.com
I hope you guys and gals don't mind if I join the fun fhis year... :bigsmile:

Keeping my fingers crossed for a VISA :)
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 4, 2011 10:47PM)
Hope your VISA gets approved real soon. I'm looking forward to meeting you this year.

Steve
So tough getting a US Visa...
Wanlu, did you get the letter I sent you? Please let me know!

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Hold on, wait for me... I'm joining too. Here comes a 'representative' from Singapore!
Once again I will try to make to VentHaven. Its been calling to me for many years now!!
Darn, Wanlu, I can't make it this year - would love to have met you after our various internet exchanges.
I'm sure you will all have fun.

Dave
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 5, 2011 10:09AM)
Wanlu,

Get a sombrero and a Visa to Mexico. Its been years since I heard of anyone having a problem getting here from there. - lol

Steve
Wanlu try applying for a work visa. I am sure we can talk Mark Wade into giving you a statement of work for the conVENTion. Hey Mark what do you think?
Dan
http://www.ventriloquistcentral.com
Hi Dan..I've written a letter of invitation for Wanlu stating that he was representing his country at our ConVENTion, so hopefully that will do the trick. I would be a bit hard pressed to state he is actually working for me at the ConVENTion this year as he is not on the official docket (I'd love to have him on board for 2012..I coordinate that thru Stevo Schuling of Germany) . I don't want to get the ConVENTion in hot water by stating something that isn't actually true. Once you get in bad with authorities it haunts you for a loooong time!

BTW Dan, I'd like to enlist your help with publicizing the ConVENTion again this year. You did a whale of a job last year and I was truly appreciative. Thanks again!

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Mark I hope your letter works for Wanlu. It would be great to have him at the conVENTion.
You know I will do everything in my power to help make the conVENTion this year a success. You don't have worry about that. I am totally on board with you!!
Dan
Hi Mark and DW...

Yes Mark I got your letter, thanks. I'm hoping it will be enough to
secure a tourist Visa. I have included the letters of the past two conventions. I'm meeting
someone next week who will help me.

I hope and pray I can finally go to VentHaven and meet all of you and have a picture or two with all of you.
I just downloaded the brochure. The schedule looks great and I already see the one workshop I absolutely have to attend and the chance to meet Jimmy Nelson, a boyhood idol, is the main event.

I will still have to jump through several hoops,(many; flaming) and pull a hundred strings or so to attend, but I really, really want this to be the year I attend. Seems like I've said this many years previous, but I gotta believe this will be the year.

For those keeping track, just a tick under 11 hours for the drive. Not bad. Would definitely come in the day before. Would hope that I make it on Dan's (VentCentral) arrivals video.

BTW, VentHaven Museum has a Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Vent-Haven-Museum/106472456096667

Stop by and "Like" it.

Dave
Thanks, Dan, for your continued support of the ConVENTion. I'll PM you to let you know what I have in mind. It'sguys like you who help make this event a success!
Dave, glad to have you almost onboard..I really want to meet all of you at VH this summer!

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Wanlu,

as they say on a game show here in the US, "Come on Down!!!"
OK, I've signed up, paid via Paypal. So what's next? :)
Hi Joseph,

I got your registration via PayPal yesterday and have done the paperwork on it. It takes 3-4 business days for PayPal to complete the transaction and then I send you by regular mail your registration paper. Just come to the ConVENTion, present your registration at the Registration Desk (in London Hall lobby) and you'll get your badge and schedule plus all the other things you might need. You do have to get in touch with the Drawbridge Hotel and make your own room reservations. Please mention when making your room reservations that you are with the Vent Haven ConVENTion to receive our special room rate. It's as easy as that!

See you in Ft. Mitchell!

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
It would be great to see Wanlu at the convention, I bet the dealers would love to see him too, I've seen how many figures he buys!
If I do make it this year, I wont have funds to buy anything at the convention
:)
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 6, 2011 07:53PM)
Wanlu,

As one of the dealers at the ConVENTion let me say, don't worry about buying anything. Just come. It will be pleasure enough to just to get to meet and visit with you for a while. Selling is secondary to us. We go primarily to meet new friends and visit with old friends.

Steve
Old, who you'll calling old!!!
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 6, 2011 11:07PM)
Well Woody - - In the context of friends, you are now in the old category. By the way you and I have both begun to acquire a bit of grey around the temples in the other context - lol.

Steve
Around the temples nothing, it's on the top of my head.
At least you have hair up there. :(
I understand Steve :) thanks :)

I'm so excited to meet all of you... I really hope I can make it.
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 7, 2011 12:46PM)
Well Tom,

I still have three left on top, but I noticed this morning that one of them was working its way loose. How sad. Good thing we got our wives when we still had some or we might be very lonely guys today - lol

Steve
Hair is over rated
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 8, 2011 06:14PM)
Neal,

I have started memorizing this little prayer:

God is Good,
God is Fair,

To some men he gave brains,
To the rest he gave hair!!

Looks like I may need to know that prayer before much longer.

Steve
Yea, well I got BOTH!
You guys are hilarious!!
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 10, 2011 04:35AM)
Duane,

Are you going to be able to make it to Kentucky this year? I think we should have a "Café mini-reunion" so we can all get to know each other better without having to hit the "submit" botton every time we speak.

Steve
A Café mini-reunion is a great idea! I am glad I will have my husband with me or I would be feeling VERY out-numbered. That brings up a question, where are all the other women!?!
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 10, 2011 09:44AM)
Hi Lisa,

I can only speak for one. JET will be there as well.

Steve
Great idea! Let's make it happen.

B
Count me in too!!
Dan
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 10, 2011 08:11PM)
Lets see how many want to show up for the mini reunion and then we can look at the schedule to find the time that is the most available for the greatest number and set something up.

Steve
Of course I'll be there...I'm running the darn thing! :) Just kidding..I love the ConVENTion and would love to meet up with all you Café vents.

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
[quote]
On 2011-02-10 05:35, Steve at The Dummy Shoppe wrote:
I think we should have a "Café mini-reunion" so we can all get to know each other better without having to hit the "submit" button every time we speak.[/quote]
That's a cool idea, just add to the reasons I would wish I could make it. Someone will have to take a group picture and post it here after the convention for those of us who can't be there.
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 10, 2011 10:32PM)
You will really eat your heart out if we get Terry or Jeff to get in the picture with us!!

Steve
Hey, count me in too if you guys are having a pre-conVENTion gathering!
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 11, 2011 07:58AM)
Don't know yet when it will be. The morning before site registration might be good though. Everybody sits around just waiting for the kick off, and chomping at the bit. That might be a good time to get together. That way even ConVENTion staff folks like Mark and Donald could join the short festivities. What does everyone else think?

Steve
My husband and I will not arrive until shortly before the first timers meeting so if you do it in the morning PLEASE have another meeting during the conference so I can meet all of you!
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 11, 2011 09:22AM)
Lisa,

Still waiting for more feedback. I would not mind doing it at the end of a day, but the Vendors rooms are open until after midnight everynight. By the time we get out of there - JET turns into a pumpkin. We will try to arrange the schedule to accomodate everyone, although I don't need a meeting to know you as long as you have Lily.

Still have not heard anything from Donald W. or Tom.

Steve
Don't you know, the best always chime in last. Present schedule has me arriving sometime early Wed. afternoon. Yes, I'm in.
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 11, 2011 01:59PM)
I only know of two more (although I hope there are still many more.) Margaret (Rambodavis) and Tom Crowl have yet to check in on this matter. Once we hear from everybody, we can get serious about schedule.

Steve
When we all decide when everybody will be on board, and will be there, I'll have our ConVENTion photographer Phillip Jones take our picture. He does a great job and this will make it special for all of us!

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
I'm in if I can fit it on the schedule! Wednesday I'll be busy setting sound in the showroom. Since Lisa isn't going to be in, lets make it after that.

My days last year were pretty hectic since Mark (Truman), Sue & I were all new to the job and working with a brand new sound system. When there was down time for everyone else, we were setting the room or doing sound checks and cues for the next event. That meant early mornings and I ended up crashing as soon as we were finished closing up after the last show. I believe we are all back, so that should make it easier to take breaks this year.

I'm pretty certain I could manage to stay awake a few minutes Wed. night after dealers room if you wanted to do it then. Lunch or dinner breaks would also be good, but the dealer rooms are open. We could always do a picture after the group photo.

BTW - get a full count and I'll order some "Submit Reply" buttons!
Tom
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 11, 2011 04:05PM)
We would all be able to recognize each other with "Submit Reply" buttons!! Or we could get "Magic Café Junkie" buttons.

Steve
I keep Tom, Sue, and Mark pretty busy with sound (and they do a TERRIFIC job!)..as well as my buddy Ken Groves, but we can really do it anytime. What about right after the group photo by the outside pool? We'll all be there and there will no activities for Tom and company to do at the moment. Whattaythink?

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Sorry, gang..I forgot to mention that our photographer hangs around after the group photo to do shots of Marshall collectors, Axtell puppet people, etc., so this might be an excellent time!

Mark
markwase@kidshowvent.com
If I'm able to make it to the ConVENTion, my plans will be to arrive the day before, and staying until the day after, and I'm more than willing to make time to meet all the Café regulars. Count me in, if I'm there.

Dave

SUBMITTING REPLY
I'm arriving Tuesday early afternoon for some private coaching. I plan not to sleep until Sunday. So almost any time is good for me. I love the idea of "Submit Reply" buttons. Everyone will wonder what they are.
Bob
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 11, 2011 06:31PM)
Mark Wade has an excellent idea. We will have 30-45 minutes after the ConVENTion group photo by the outdoor pool to get together. I will continue to gather names of those who are coming so I can get the number of buttons to Tom with plenty of time for him to get that done. Everyone should long since have arrived by the time of the group photo, nobody should have left yet, yadda yadda yadda.

I might be delayed for just a few minutes since we were going to have a group photo for The Dummy Shoppe, but that won't take long and several of those in the Magic Café reunion will also be in that photo. (Lisa, Tom etc.)

We might even get a "Submit Reply" group photo at the same time.

Steve
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 11, 2011 06:44PM)
Donald,

Can you get hold of Margaret and tell her about our little reunion. I know she is down in your neck of the woods.

Steve
Can I join in too?
Steve,
at present, Margaret is up in the air about attending VH this year. She has a commitment just prior to VH and doesn't know if she will be able to make it. I'll keep you updated.
Steve, I would love to make it to VentHaven this year. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
I'll accommodate our group any way that I can. We can definitely make this happen!

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 11, 2011 10:11PM)
Maps,

You are already part of the Café family. All you have to do to attend the reunion is show up at Vent Haven in July. Let us know if you are going to make it so we can have a "Submit Reply" button for you.

Steve
Man oh man, I just don't think I can get away this year. I've never been. Everybody think of me from time to time, eh?

-Philip
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 12, 2011 09:46AM)
I'm just thinking. I like the idea that Mark has proposed for the meeting time, however with it being somewhat later in the ConVENTion, we would lose the "curiousity factor" with our "Submit Reply" buttons. What I may do is have the buttons at The Dummy Shoppe booth as soon as the ConVENTion opens. I will have a list of all known reunion attendees. For those I don't know, if you will come by the Vender Rooms and find our booth, introduce yourself and I will give you your button so you can get questioned by all the jealous folks for a couple of days before the actual reunion.

(I finished typing this and then realized. . .I have to hit "Submit Reply" to make it go away - lol)

Steve
Hmmmm - Since I was going to order the buttons Steve, I think they should have to find me. I'd be the one wearing the submit reply button...
Tom
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 12, 2011 01:58PM)
That would work as well. I was just trying to find a fixed location and I know you are always on the move. No problem though. However you want to do it is fine with me.

Steve
Sorry to go off topic, but I just wanted to give you all an update..we are having good response to our PayPal feature. We have several vents from overseas signing up..with a a lot of new, first time people. I'm excited!! It's going to be a great conVENTion! Last year we had 13 countries represented and if things continue to go the way they are looking it should be even more this year. This is truly an international conference!!

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 13, 2011 08:03AM)
That's great Mark. Lots & Lots of Red Dots! that's great exposure for all the vendors as well as bringing new folks into the VH family circle. Keep up the good work!!!

Steve
Thanks for welcoming Steve.I will be setting up a booth there as well. This is exciting!
Steve is right...this conVENTion is almost like a family reunion. We welcome all of you vents..and I especially want to meet my fellow brother and sister vents from the Magic Café!

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
Can I come to a reunion if I've not been before?

Colin
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 14, 2011 02:40PM)
Colin,

Of course you can come. None of us has been to a reunion before - This is the first one.

Steve
Well, yes. We're calling it a reunion, but there's really no "re-" involved. But then, I almost feel as if I know a lot of you even though I've never met any of you. There's something very, very cool about that.

Your friend,

Bob
If there's no 're' involved,that means we are a 'union' ?
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 15, 2011 07:56AM)
[quote]
On 2011-02-15 05:20, maps wrote:
If there's no 're' involved,that means we are a 'union' ?
[/quote]

That is technically correct, but I want no part of picketing the ConVENTion over anything. Next year it will truly be a "re" so we can do away with the issue.

Steve
If we rehearse a thing for the first time, does that mean it's a hearse? Does that mean we go out there and kill the audience and they die laughing? If it happens it would be a treat for us, but not for the audience...so, for the second show, should it be a treat for the evening's second show audience or a retreat?
Sorry.
Couldn't keep myself from creating that series of queries.
The first sentence was pure creation.
The second and third sentences were pure recreation.

*rimshot*

-Philip
Wow...reading that over, that was just really strange.

-Philip
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 15, 2011 11:24AM)
Phillip,

You have a sick mind. I love it!!

Steve
Steve...considering the way I make my living, I guess I should be grateful for having a sick mind!
I try to mind.
And I try to remind
myself
to mind.
So, mark my words.
And do it again.
Remarkably.

:-D
-Philip
Oye Vay Philip!! Your killing me!! LOL
Dan
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Feb 15, 2011 05:48PM)
Phillip,

Ease up just a bit. I don't mind you torturing Dan just a bit, but he is too good of a friend to sit quietly by while you kill him - lol

Steve
Okay. :)

-Philip
So I have some questions.

1) Do Vent Haven attendees come a day earlier to have a re-union or get together/hangout? I was thinking about coming a day early. Not sure if anyone will be around to hang out or not. If you are let me know.

2) Do people usually hangout on Sunday, the day after the conference? Or does everyone just go home on Sunday morning? Just want to see when a return flight should be booked, whether the morning of Sunday or the evening.

I'm a newbie to all this vent stuff and would like to hang out before and/or after the conference. Thanks.
MT... the entire ConVENTion feels like a reunion! Many do come on Tuesday, but that is really not necessary. Ther registration does not open until Wednesday afternoon (by the way, you all will meet my wife Jody on Wed. as she is in charge of the registration..), so many vents come in on Wednesday morning. As far as leaving..I'd say the bulk of the people fly out on Sunday morning. I usually leave at least by noon on Sunday.

My answer to all of this,,fly in on Wednesday morning, leave on Sunday morning. I look forward to seeing all of you!

Mark
markwade@kidshowvent.com
I finish up a nine day run in Western, PA on the 10th so I'll probably head over to KY and get there Sunday night or Monday. Leaving Sunday around noon to head for VA. where I start a six day fair. See you at the ConVENTion MT!

Tom
I have a later flight on Sunday so I will probably be one of the last to leave.
I'll be there oon Tuesday as I'm flying from the Uk and need to settle in a bit before all the fun starts.

Colin Dymond
If anyone wants to share a hotel room to save on the cost let me know.
I arrive Tuesday morning and will be sharing a room with my buddy Gary.