(Close Window)
Topic: Helping our own...a few thoughts
Life is a funny thing, one day everything is going your way, and the next it seems as though the whole world is falling down around you.

Death, misfortune, or just plain old fashioned bad luck can happen to any of us, and at any time. There is no prejudice involved, and it matters not whether you're rich, poor, famous, or just an average person walking the street.

The fact of the matter is, when tragedy strikes, we are never truly ready for such an occurrence. It could be a horrible life changing accident, the death of a friend or loved one, or in some instances, something as personal as feeling lonely or losing one's sense of self-worth. The latter often happening to those whose busy and fruitfull lives are drastically changed by a terminal illness, or permanent hospitalization in some kind of healthcare facility.

It has been said quite often, and I must wholeheartedly agree, that one of the biggest pleasures of being involved in this crazy field we call [i]magic[/i], are the [b]friendships[/b] that we often make with other performers of the art.

Indeed, I myself have several friendships with folks I may only see once or twice a year. Yet the bond is so strong, it often supercedes that of friends who live in my hometown, or those I see on a daily basis.

In that spirit, let us not forget our magic brothers and sisters, and especially those that may feel forgotten in their later years.

Do you know of someone whose day might be brightened by a card, letter, or even an email of kind words of hope and encouragement? [b]Please[/b] let us know.

Please post their contact information, and maybe a few lines regarding their special circumstance and or current situation. In that light, perhaps the many varied performers in our magic family at The Café, may find a few moments to help send a little cheer to someone who could really use some positive feedback. Remember, sometimes just a [i]Thinking of you[/i] card can really make a difference, especially when the world around them appears to be coming to an end. Thank you.
:bwink:
Steve,

Thank you for creating this section! It is a wonderful idea. We often feel alone in the world when we experience difficult periods in our lives.

Thank you!
Steve,

I couldn't be more impressed. Now that's strong magic.

Peter
Well done, sir!
A worthy forum.
Great idea Steve. We need a forum like this.

Sable
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Now that's what being a friend is all about! Kirk
What a brilliant idea - it's great to know that friends are thinking about you at difficult times.
Well done steve. It is always nice to know that someone cares.

Genus
The world now is a bit smaller and warmer! :goof:
I think that's an awesome idea Mr. Brooks! I'll be praying for Gene Poinc.

From,
Cornelius. :bluebikes:
A great idea, Steve,

many thanks for that.

Magically yours

Manipulix :sun:
Just a word of thanks, Steve for this forum. I have been recuperating from Kidney surgery for the last 4-5 weeks and the Cafe has been a real help in passing time and keeping up on magical happenings. It made things seem a little brighter for me.

Dave
The Cafe seems to address nearly all areas of life...well done Steve.
:smiletear:
I always say that the [b]real[/b] magic I create is seeing people of all types, races, religions joined together watching me and getting along.

When you affect someone's life, that's real magic.

~Priest~
Bravo, Steve!! Truer words were never spoken.
Now I know for sure that I found the right place.
Thank you,
Vinny D.
Well done! This is now truly the best forum I have ever been in, I'm glad to be in it :)
-Alan
My thanks to you Steve. It makes this forum more than just about the art of Magic. Now, this forum is about the brotherhood (and sisterhood) of Magic!
Well done, my friend. Well done....
Speechless....

I wish I had discovered The Café sooner, but I guess it's never to late!

And talking about making a difference... Thanksgiving is coming up and for the past few years (while employed in the .com world) I used to organize a group of employees to go out on Thanksgiving day out on the street and buy a few sandwiches and bottles of milk and pass them around to homeless people. Now I don't work with .coms anymore but I'm planning on organizing a group of friends to go out and do it anyway... Try it! It's a great feeling and you might even want to do a trick for them... something that they'll remember the rest of their lives!

"Politicians can't and won't change/improve our lives. So I guess it's up to us, the Brotherhood & Sisterhood of Magicians to go out and bring some HOPE and MAGIC to this world!"

Diego
Well, Steve....You've done it again.

Merry Christmas to all. Especially to those who are sick.

Abracadabra :xmastree:
By giving we become empowered to receive.
I can relate to your reason for this and pray that all of us can help dispell some of the darkness by sharing of our light.

Steve, you the man!!!

AmazingBoz :bunny2:
Excellent topic. If one day this section will become a paying forum however, we would be thinking of somebody trying to pull our heart strings!
As the others have said, Mr. Brooks, well done indeed. I have been quite impressed with this site since I found it. This is another reason why.

Jeremiah
Mr. Brooks, you wave a very special wand here! Long may it be so.
I didn't see this forum before when I posted my prayer request in the Not Very Magical Still forum.

One more day and I will be having my breast biopsy. My mom has had breast cancer. That is the only strike I have against me.

All thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated and I am happy to return the favor anytime.

When I woke this morning, I didn't have a doubt! See I knew the Lord would bring me out! So I got down on my knees and said LORD, HELP ME PLEASE! And I got up singing, SHOUTING the VICTORY! Peace, Love, and Joy Today are Mine! I told Ole Satan, GET THEE BEHIND ME, Peace, Love, and Joy Today are Mine!

Stacy
:)
Very well done Steve. This is very much needed, as I was one of those who lost their way in the art due to allowing Life's negative hurdles and unforeseen tragedies to knock me off of my PURPOSE. It's taken me some time and lots of picking myself up by the bootstraps, but I can truly say that I'm back in the game and wouldn't have been able to regain that "spark" had it not been for my friends in Magic! So kudos Steve , this forum is definitely needed as tragedy can befall any of us, ... when we least expect it.