(Close Window)
Topic: Cash Or Credit By Dave Devin
Message: Posted by: Steve Travis (Oct 6, 2010 09:46PM)
A coin visibly changes from a Visa Card, to a Mastercard, to an American Express card, then back to a Visa Card, and finally into a 1 Dollar Bill shown front and back. The handling looks great. Check it out on youtube. This is my next order. This is spellbound on steroids. Extremely visual magic.

I think Hocus Pocus has an exclusive on this for the next 60 days.
Message: Posted by: rockthemike (Oct 7, 2010 03:03AM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXJr-nwoWmk
Message: Posted by: parmenion (Oct 7, 2010 03:32AM)
It's awfull !
Message: Posted by: igr8mgkman (Oct 7, 2010 07:01PM)
The effect of a sliver coin changes to copper and back to sliver is a classic of magic. Dave has updated this classic spellbound routine with his mini credit card effect Cash or Credit. I saw him perform this at MAGIC LIVE. In that routine he started by taking the credit card out of a mini wallet. The wallet had a small ID, small bills, all the lines, and the small credit made perfect sense. The credit card changed from one to another and then to a hundred dollar bill. It looked great and he sold out of everything he had. The surprise bill at the end can be changed (once you know the f**d), but the effect comes with a real one dollar bill. The credit cards are plastic, and specially printed and sized for the effect. I bought one and use it with the mini wallet. The appearance of the money at the end is pure magic. It sells for 20 dollars and you get a dollar back in the effect. A GREAT PRICE AND A NICE NEW TWIST ON SPELLBOUND. 2 thumbs up!!!!!!!!!
Message: Posted by: Captain Magic (Oct 8, 2010 09:41PM)
I agree with parmenion, from watching the video it's not a very good trick...
Message: Posted by: igr8mgkman (Oct 10, 2010 08:42PM)
CASH OR CREDIT Found this on You Tube looks good to me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3ZkJ0U9oOU&feature=related Check it out!!!!!!!
Message: Posted by: jsheas (Oct 10, 2010 09:24PM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-07 04:32, parmenion wrote:
It's awfull !
[/quote]

Ditto. Don't like how it screams GIMMICK from beginning to end.
Message: Posted by: Captain Magic (Oct 11, 2010 06:16AM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-10 22:24, jsheas wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-07 04:32, parmenion wrote:
It's awfull !
[/quote]

Ditto. Don't like how it screams GIMMICK from beginning to end.
[/quote]

They removed the original video and put up this one. Still looks bad...kind of like magic from the 70's.
Message: Posted by: Olympic Adam (Oct 11, 2010 06:34AM)
Best remove them all probably...
Message: Posted by: Pete Biro (Oct 11, 2010 11:35AM)
It's not bad... presentation is the key.
Message: Posted by: dicedealer007 (Oct 11, 2010 12:19PM)
Man you guys are tough!

I agree with Pete. What is more relevant now then credit cards. I don't know Dave Devin personally but I like his products. I bought this from Hocus Pocus and I use it regularly. I am a worker performing in restaurants and bars 3-4 nights a week. I don't use the spellbound routine, instead I use my own routine using this gimmick. I take the mini credit card out of a mini wallet stating that "I washed my wallet with my clothes and look what happened." Never fails to get a laugh when spectators see the little wallet, drivers license, credit cards and money.(In the bar I add an adult theme of a finger cot folded up inside...you know the drill) When I take the card out I only use the American Express card and use the Amex tag line "Nobody knows me, that's why I carry this." I tell them now my card has a very small limit (referring to the size of the card) but a "great cash advance policy." At the same time I visually change the card in to a dollar bill. and show it front and back. I then fold it in half and place the dollar in my "Tip Pocket". The magic is visual, simple and quick. The subtle message of the "tip pocket" has worked very well since I started doing this effect. Try this routine before you discard this effect, you may be glad you did.

P.S. Dave if you read this, feel free to use this idea if you like it. By the way I also purchased the Pro-Pack. The bills are unbelievable and I keep them on me all the time. The graphics on the bills are great and the Tyveck is perfect for REAL WORKERS. Thanks Again
Message: Posted by: parmenion (Oct 11, 2010 02:11PM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-11 13:19, dicedealer007 wrote:
. The graphics on the bills are great and the Tyveck is perfect for REAL WORKERS.
[/quote]

Lol !
REAL WORKERS, yes,yes,yes...
It's my opinion that's it, say I'm a professionnal and you don't know what you're talking about in this case is really tough !
Message: Posted by: dicedealer007 (Oct 11, 2010 03:35PM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-11 15:11, parmenion wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-11 13:19, dicedealer007 wrote:
. The graphics on the bills are great and the Tyveck is perfect for REAL WORKERS.
[/quote]

Lol !
REAL WORKERS, yes,yes,yes...
It's my opinion that's it, say I'm a professionnal and you don't know what you're talking about in this case is really tough !
[/quote]

Touchy Touchy...

I didn't mean to offend our friends in Switzerland.

I was talking about the quality of the bills in the Strech-A-Buck Pro-Pack. I use them everyday and if they were not made from Tyvek they wouldn't last a week.

As far as the credit card. I use it, you don't... enough said.

I'm sure based on his other products he will sell them with or without our comments.

Have a nice day.
Message: Posted by: Steven Conner (Oct 11, 2010 03:40PM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-11 07:16, Captain Magic wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-10 22:24, jsheas wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-07 04:32, parmenion wrote:
It's awfull !
[/quote]

Ditto. Don't like how it screams GIMMICK from beginning to end.
[/quote]

They removed the original video and put up this one. Still looks bad...kind of like magic from the 70's.
[/quote]

Magic from the 70's will still fool you. Obviously if you worked in the real world as a paid magician you would see the need for good magic. A lot of the magic today doesn't compare with yester year. Magic has always been about presentation and not about era's. Don't like it, don't use it!!!

Steve
Message: Posted by: mysterious JO (Oct 11, 2010 05:56PM)
I agree with you Steve "if they don't like it, They don't have to use it, and Don't Buy it."
This looks like something I can use and Based on Pete Biro and dicedealer007's comments I'm going to order Mine right now!
Message: Posted by: Captain Magic (Oct 11, 2010 07:51PM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-11 16:40, Steven Conner wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-11 07:16, Captain Magic wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-10 22:24, jsheas wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-10-07 04:32, parmenion wrote:
It's awfull !
[/quote]

Ditto. Don't like how it screams GIMMICK from beginning to end.
[/quote]

They removed the original video and put up this one. Still looks bad...kind of like magic from the 70's.
[/quote]

Magic from the 70's will still fool you. Obviously if you worked in the real world as a paid magician you would see the need for good magic. A lot of the magic today doesn't compare with yester year. Magic has always been about presentation and not about era's. Don't like it, don't use it!!!

Steve
[/quote]

I've been in the field of magic for over 40 years. Obviously you don't need to be a worker in the "real world" to know if something is good or bad. I've seen a lot of bad magic through out the decades (I could have picked any decade) and presentation doesn't make a bad trick good.
The fact is he made a video for "public veiwing", it was then posted on the Café. People are entitled to their opinions as long as their post are not "flameing". None of the negative reviews are but some of the posts defending come close. People should be tolerant of other peoples views. And yes, I won't use it. Nice to see you Mr. Biro!
Message: Posted by: jsheas (Oct 11, 2010 08:56PM)
[quote]
On 2010-10-11 13:19, dicedealer007 wrote:
Man you guys are tough!

I agree with Pete. What is more relevant now then credit cards. I don't know Dave Devin personally but I like his products. I bought this from Hocus Pocus and I use it regularly. I am a worker performing in restaurants and bars 3-4 nights a week. I don't use the spellbound routine, instead I use my own routine using this gimmick. I take the mini credit card out of a mini wallet stating that "I washed my wallet with my clothes and look what happened." Never fails to get a laugh when spectators see the little wallet, drivers license, credit cards and money.(In the bar I add an adult theme of a finger cot folded up inside...you know the drill) When I take the card out I only use the American Express card and use the Amex tag line "Nobody knows me, that's why I carry this." I tell them now my card has a very small limit (referring to the size of the card) but a "great cash advance policy." At the same time I visually change the card in to a dollar bill. and show it front and back. I then fold it in half and place the dollar in my "Tip Pocket". The magic is visual, simple and quick. The subtle message of the "tip pocket" has worked very well since I started doing this effect. Try this routine before you discard this effect, you may be glad you did.

P.S. Dave if you read this, feel free to use this idea if you like it. By the way I also purchased the Pro-Pack. The bills are unbelievable and I keep them on me all the time. The graphics on the bills are great and the Tyveck is perfect for REAL WORKERS. Thanks Again
[/quote]

I agree your presentation would make this trick tolerable and at least give the performer a reason to have mini credit cards, etc. Funny with the finger condom idea for the adults.
Message: Posted by: Dave Devin (Oct 11, 2010 09:02PM)
I've intentionally stayed out of this................but guys................. it's just a trick! If you like it, great. If you don't, that's great too. This effect was put together to change a credit card to cash. Like it or not, good or bad, that's what it does. I have several effects on the market, some of which are on youtube, some not. If we all liked and performed the same effects, we would all be out of business. I appreciate all the comments both positive and negative. Now, let's put it away and get back to the business of entertaining people.......................................All the best............Dave
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Oct 11, 2010 10:00PM)
Okay Dave, how's the reset? How easy is it to get ready for the next table or for the folks you get walked over to by the party's "mr big" waving to his buddies just ten steps away "you gotta see this guy do this thing with the little credit card"?

There's also the "hey you put it down, it must be a real bill so why can't I look at it"? question begged by the finish of the handling as shown in that demo.

The instructions come with routines that get the props and premise into motion so the audience (of magicians?) is not supposed to be watching you do a spellbound routine with slightly different props, right?

I hope that's not your take on how to dialog online about getting a trick into routine and performance "Now let's put away and get back to the business of entertaining people..." cause that implies your work as shown somehow lacks the necessary to do that job. May as well do the crazy man's handcuffs to get that job done.

??

puzzled in NY,

jon
Message: Posted by: Dave Devin (Oct 11, 2010 10:48PM)
Hi Jon,
My comment was based on the the rising heated animosity that was in my opinion beginning to take place between participants on the subject, and not based on the effect itself. The gimmick can be used in many ways. Changing a coin to the mini credit card then ultimately to a real bill, doing the spellbound routine to a real bill, or combining with the mini wallet all work in the right hands and under the right circumstances. The choice is yours, and only limited to your imagination.(diceman had some nice ideas) As far as handing out, many of us change ones to hundreds and back without handing them out. This is no different. The final bill would require the switch of your choice. Again, I like dices idea of the "tip pocket", makes sense and sends a message. FYI...The cards in the effect are plastic, and were specially printed for the mini effect. A real $1 bill was provided because fake paper bills ripped after several uses. So there actually was much thought in the preparation, packaging and materials provided. Each unit must be hand folded and tested to make sure the "melting" of the card to the bill is smooth. Though as with anything practice is required to make it look it's best.
Without violating the secrets rule, the reset is as simple as a quick ref--d.
As far as my take on dialog about getting a trick into performance..................my point was and is for us to use the Caf'e for why I believe it was created..............to help each other be the best we can be. Not to wage a war of opinions that serve little purpose other than who gets the last word. I hope this helps in answering your questions...................time to get off my soap box, and by the........I like crazy mans handcuffs........it's a classic........lol. Take care and thanks for your input.

Dave
Message: Posted by: Badger (Oct 12, 2010 12:36PM)
Just got this, pure eye candy. I think this a really a cool effect. packs very small and plays very big.
Message: Posted by: Tonylew (Oct 5, 2011 09:58PM)
Here's a real hedge for you. I really like the effect but I understand why some of my fellow magicians might not feel the same way. I am curious to see if anybody chooses to jump on this piece of diplomacy. :)