(Close Window)
Topic: Does anyone know the whereabouts of Robert Haas or Magic Enhancer?
New to the Café but not to magic. Hello to everyone. I very much enjoy reading most of your posts & it has helped answer many questions. All but one....Have been trying to contact Robert Haas & Magic Enhancer & it appears that I may have come to a dead end. If anyone can give me some insight or help please let me know. Just curious if anyone out there has had a similar situation. This is a repost from last week.
I have the same question. I was looking to get a track from magic enhancer customized back in May. I have not heard back since.
(914) 476-1940
Thanks but this number has not been in service for some time now.
If he is sick or is having problems please let me know, I had a response on Sept 5 that my cd was being voiced & still have not received cd or response to many emails. I know there has been a lot of scamming going on out there in Magic Land, as I have been taken many times. This CD seemed to be legit, from reading the many praises for it. Before I pursue other options I would like to give Magic Enhancer a chance to reply, but almost 3 months is quite some time. Has anyone ever received a magic enhancer cd? or cd#2 customized or not? If someone has info on other similar products(Voicing) please let me know.
Kyle Peron on the Café here may have more information on a number.

Richard
Can you contact the credit card company Georgie and get the charges changed?

Ken
I had a disc done with no problems and have dealt with him several times with no problems.

Steve
I can only echo Steve's comments and have good experiences dealing with Magic Enhancer.

Dan.
I tried using Magic Enhancer back in the spring and didn't get a reply because they were in the middle of moving. I ended up using http://www.thevoiceofbrian.com/ He got back to me within 24 hours and within 48 hours I had my recordings sent to me. On top of the speedy service it was also half of the price of what Magic Enhancer had quoted me for the same thing.

I definitely recommend http://www.thevoiceofbrian.com/ for voiceovers etc.

Lucas
I have Disc one and two both customized and didn't have a problem with either one.
I too had BOTH ME1 & ME2 Custom done & no problems!

=Frank=
I ordered a volume 2 custom CD back in August. Still have not received it. He emailed me and told me it was done. Now I get no answer from him via email no matter what I say to him. Anyone know whats going on with him? email me:

stevewesseler@gmail.com
Thanks everyone, I have tried at least 10 times. With emails to Robert & magic enhancer within the last 30 days. For those that claim they have received their items , I would appreciate if you may pass on contact info. I am also curious about turn around time. Was it recently or years ago? Scott yes I have already informed paypal & they cannot help me because it been over 45 days, I can contact my credit card company, but I am giving magic enhancer benefit of the doubt. I will try a few more options before I file a claim. Robert was great sending efiles with other recorded effects but feel as if I was blown off on this project. Lucas I may take your advice, will check out the other option.
Thanks everyone
He is in the Army, so he might be out of town on Government business.
WOULD Have BEEN NICE OF HIM TO LET US KNOW, OR ACTUALLY RESPOND & SAY HEY I am GOING TO BE AWAY FOR AWHILE, or Im voicing your project now as he did back on Sept 5th after he sold me a few downloads the same day,original purchase was on Aug 9th. Now I have not had a response since that day. If the project has come to a halt I can easily reverse the charges & it will be recovered , but I do not even know if the person voicing it did their part yet. I hate to start an investigation of Fraud right now if he is having troubles, it will only make his life worse. Or maybe someone can sell me their ME #1 & #2.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (Nov 20, 2010 09:32PM)
Hope that he's ok...seems like a good guy.
I don't suppose there are any magicians in New York who'd like to check their address and see if they can find anything out?

The Magic Enhancer
C/O Robert Haas
175 Woodland Avenue
Suite 3L
Yonkers, NY 10703
I see from some of the old posts on the Café, they'd been moving their studio to Arkansas, so maybe that has something to do with the delay.

If it helps, I also came across the emails for other people involved with Magic Enhancer, so hopefully one of them will know what's happening...
http://www.magicenhancer.com/about_us.html
I also have ordered a custom CD from Magic Enhancer.
I have been trying to make contact with no success. It doesn't
appear they have even processed my payment. I like the product
but I think I will have to make other arrangements.
I am still waiting for my refund. All emails now are going unanswered.
He is living in Arkansas, that's about all I know at this moment. Very odd that he has not responding to your emails, that's not like Rob. Hope you resolve your issue.

Abra
He is in Alabama and might be deployed to Afganastan. I got that from a very reliable source. I can't contact him on the Army Base.
I tried to order a CD before I read this post. It seems that Paypal has closed his account...
Hey Guys,

Although we don't do voice-overs, we DO offer an excellent selection of MUSIC especially for magicians. We're friendly, reliable and totally professional...also well-known in these forums.

In case you haven't checked out our services, we invite you to drop by for a listen!

Steve Saunders
"The Conjuror's Composer"
[quote]
On 2011-01-17 17:03, nucinud wrote:
He is in Alabama and might be deployed to Afganastan. I got that from a very reliable source. I can't contact him on the Army Base.
[/quote]

If that is true it is honorable but their is no one running his business that seems a bit odd
[quote]
On 2011-02-03 20:11, Bernie Balloons wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-01-17 17:03, nucinud wrote:
[/quote]

If that is true it is honorable but their is no one running his business that seems a bit odd
[/quote]

It's not that odd if it is a one-man operation...
I agree it is not that odd with a one man operation. BTW, I have seen him posting recently on Genii Forum. Maybe if he is deployed overseas, his email is limited.

Richard
Good news! I received an email from Robert today. It seems there were a number of factors stalling him, but he assures me things will be back on track soon. Look for my effect, Gypsy's Choice on his website when he gets it there.
That's good to hear. We'll keep waiting.
Yesterday, I finally received payment from Robert for my effect. I hope all is well with the rest of you. Look for my effect, Gypsy's Choice on his site aroun the first of april.
I had used magic enhancers a long time ago and never had a problem. I guess things happen! It just tough to find good customer service these days!!
Hi I know you must be going threw something but I have not received a refund or any answer when if or will I receive my money back from you .I know Vol 1 is not available with my name inserted in to it .I would like for you to get back to me either way .this has been going on for 5 months already
Thank You
Bernard Martin

Begin forwarded message:

Date: December 18, 2010 9:33:27 AM EST
To: Robert Haas <MagicEnhancer@aol.com>
Subject: Fwd: Notification of payment received

I am still waiting for my refund

Begin forwarded message:

Date: September 25, 2010 12:37:02 PM EDT
Subject: Re: Notification of payment received

I will just like a refund.Thank You
Keep me informed if anything changes

On Sep 25, 2010, at 12:14 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

I”m not 100% sure. If you’d like to purchase the generic version it has samples on it- but they’re just not customized. Let me know what to do.

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com

Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 11:50:50 -0400

Hi Robert
I never for some reason got that email.Volume 2 does not have phone messages on it and most of the things does not pertain to what I do .I guess I have to get my money back .Is their a time frame when Vol 1 will be available?
Bernard

On Sep 25, 2010, at 11:33 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

Bernard,

I sent this to you on September 4th once I saw your payment was received. Read below. We are currently not doing Volume 1’s at the moment because we are reworking the way we insert names into the CDs to make it more time-effective and get CDs done in a week as opposed to 3.

Would you like to have Volume 2 with your name instead of Volume 1? Let me know......

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com <http://www.MagicEnhancer.com>

------ Forwarded Message
From: Robert Haas <MagicEnhancer@aol.com <x-msg://481/MagicEnhancer@aol.com> >
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 10:46:26 -0500
To: "FUNHOUSENY@AOL.COM <x-msg://481/FUNHOUSENY@AOL.COM> " <FUNHOUSENY@AOL.COM <x-msg://481/FUNHOUSENY@AOL.COM> >
Conversation: Notification of payment received

Bernanrd,

We are not currently doing Volume 1 CDs at the moment. Would you like to do a Volume 2? If not, I can refund your money. We still have Volume 1 generics that we can send out. Please let me know what you’d like to do.

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com <http://www.MagicEnhancer.com>
Is anybody listening, Robert is jn the Army and cannot be reached at his time. I tried contacting his friends and they cannot reach him.
If that is the case he should not take peoples money or put some type of announcement on his site.Bottom line he stinks as a business man.
[quote]
On 2011-04-17 10:41, Bernie Balloons wrote:
If that is the case he should not take peoples money or put some type of announcement on his site.Bottom line he stinks as a business man.
[/quote]

If he cannot be reached, then he probably has no way to update the website. If he "stinks as a business man" (sic), then maybe he excels as a soldier...
Good thoughts, Cl9inton Magus!

While it is difficult for those who have been waiting for their product, or their refunds, let us keep in mind the sacrifice this man is making for his country.

Id MUCH rather be dodging tomatoes of "boos" on a stage than bullets in the Middle East.

Thank you, Robert, for doing what we cannot or will not.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 10, 2011 11:45PM)
Hasn't this been going on for months? A person's occupation/calling doesn't abdicate him from his responsibility to others. If he's a soldier then that's very honourable but he's also a business person who continues to operate a business and accept people's money. He should do both honourably and one shouldn't be used as an excuse/crutch for the other. The issue here is that he's not fulfilling his obligations to his customers. The issue isn't his military service which is a moot point.

SPM
Received this email on May 13th from Magic Enhancer:

As many of you know, Magic Enhancer's CEO / Owner, Robert Haas, has been deployed for the past year. He has arrived home safely, and we are glad to have him back. He wanted to thank all of his customers for their loyalty and understanding during this difficult endeavor that he has recently experienced .

Robert has mentioned that he wanted me to put together a 'Back In Business' sale to show his customers his loyalty and gratitude. Below is the product of that conversation with Robert. Robert has agreed to sell many of his products for below wholesale cost. He mentions to me he has a lot of surprises and new creations this coming year. I can't wait to see what he has 'up his sleeve'. Check out these amazing savings!!

To learn more about any of these products, click on the image to be directed to Magic Enhancer web site. However, the only way to receive the special price is to order directly from the PayPal links below!!

In addition to the fantastic prices, we are including FREE SHIPPING on all orders. Take advantage of this because it won't last long!!

Many benefits for you to take advantage of- so act fast! This sale will end next Sunday- a week from tomorrow. I hope you enjoy these discounts on our products and if you know anyone else that might like to take advantage of them, we encourage you to forward this e-mail to them as well. Thank you all once again for your patronage and may every one of you have a wonderful conclusion to your weekend.

Sincerely,

THOMAS RAINER
MAGIC ENHANCER

Sale is over, but many of you should get some answers now, hopefully.
Wish I hadn't missed that sale...
Well I have given up.
It is now more than four months since I ordered and paid $66.98 for stuff that I never received.
The owner of the bussines has taken my money! If I were to treat my customers the same way I would soon be out of bussines ...
He is apparently not interested in customer relations, having refused to answer my six e-mails.
I therefore would not (can not) recommend The Magic Enhancer to anyone.
He's back to that game? Wow.
I purchsed 2 of his CD's and since I use MP3 Tech I have to make them into MP3's.

Several of the tracks on the CD will not turn into MP3's.

BTW I use 'MAGIX' MP3 Maker 12 for Windows 7.

I asked for help via e-mail at least 2 times with no answer or help.

Not very good customer service.

Got the CD's on sale. And the price was right. Stuff on CD is great. Customer service not-so-good.
Hey George,

You might want to see if you can import those two tracks into Audacity and then save them as MP3s.

Here's where you'll find Audacity (it's freeware):
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
July 13th we had our one year anniversary .I bought a cake but ate it alone.
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 02:20, wmhegbli wrote:
Received this email on May 13th from Magic Enhancer:

As many of you know, Magic Enhancer's CEO / Owner, Robert Haas, has been deployed for the past year. He has arrived home safely, and we are glad to have him back. He wanted to thank all of his customers for their loyalty and understanding during this difficult endeavor that he has recently experienced .

Robert has mentioned that he wanted me to put together a 'Back In Business' sale to show his customers his loyalty and gratitude. Below is the product of that conversation with Robert. Robert has agreed to sell many of his products for below wholesale cost. He mentions to me he has a lot of surprises and new creations this coming year. I can't wait to see what he has 'up his sleeve'. Check out these amazing savings!!

To learn more about any of these products, click on the image to be directed to Magic Enhancer web site. However, the only way to receive the special price is to order directly from the PayPal links below!!

In addition to the fantastic prices, we are including FREE SHIPPING on all orders. Take advantage of this because it won't last long!!

Many benefits for you to take advantage of- so act fast! This sale will end next Sunday- a week from tomorrow. I hope you enjoy these discounts on our products and if you know anyone else that might like to take advantage of them, we encourage you to forward this e-mail to them as well. Thank you all once again for your patronage and may every one of you have a wonderful conclusion to your weekend.

Sincerely,

THOMAS RAINER
MAGIC ENHANCER

Sale is over, but many of you should get some answers now, hopefully.
[/quote]

Hey there!

I see you are online and I hope you can help me. I spoke to Robert via email prior to placing my order. He actually replied to my questions and provided me with a timeframe for mailing out my customized CD. Sooooo I sent the money then emailed him to confirm payment and I have not heard from him since. Is there anyway you can help me find out what's going on? I really want the CD and I'm hoping it arrives soon. If not, a refund would be nice or at the very very least an email from him.

Thanks,

Mike :)
I have place order for his famous Vanishing bandana and a few more products value of $ 153 . Over 2 moths and still waiting for the ordered products.
In spit of my repeated mails no response from his side. Kindly advice me if I have made a mistake in placing this order with this person directly??????. Is there any way to clam a refund of the same.
[quote]
On 2011-08-27 04:38, devaind wrote:
I have place order for his famous Vanishing bandana and a few more products value of $ 153 . Over 2 moths and still waiting for the ordered products.
In spit of my repeated mails no response from his side. Kindly advice me if I have made a mistake in placing this order with this person directly??????. Is there any way to clam a refund of the same.
[/quote]

I paid through PayPal and that did not help much, but had I then contacted PayPal within 45 days there apparently would have been a chance of getting my money back. But I did not. I was instead waiting for the props to be sent. Silly me.

Frankly I do not care for what ever he is doing otherwise or where he is. He might be in Afghanistan or on the moon, for that matter. He runs a bussines and should act accordingly. It is a big shame and a disgrace to treat customers the way Magic Enhancer does. That is the only mistake hear.
WOW look what popped up in a search http//cheaterville.com/?page=cheaters&id=3522
Classic...
Bernie...copied and pasted that but didn't get anything. I wanna see!

steve
http://cheaterville.com/?page=cheaters&id=3522

worked for me

http://www.kobimagic.com/newsite/booking.html
Bernie forgot the colon or semi colon (I can never keep it straight which is which anyways he forgot the : after the http in the address
I've had several dealings (purchases) with Robert and have never had a problem. What one does in his/her personal life should have no bearing upon the business end of an individual. It's hard for most people to throw stones, anymore.

Steve
Steve I dare you to buy something now. It just goes to show you he is a cheat and a liar when it comes to his whole life personal or professional.
Hello All,
Interesting thread, I want to chime in to let you all know that I have had no involvement with Magicenhancer or Robert Haas for a very long time.

First let me clear the air on a few things.
Robert was never deployed overseas, his MOS is recruiter trainer and he has been state side this whole time.
The e-mail that said he was over seas is a scam, you can check his Facebook if you really want to know what Robert has been doing.

Long Story Short!

I helped Robert a few years back by co-producing some of my effects with him, writing scripts for his VOL 2 CD and putting together the Harlan Live DVD. The deal for me was down the road he would release more of my effects for me after he had built his business up and made some money. I have never received one penny from Robert Haas. Some would say that is dumb, however I looked at it as a business relationship, and in the end it was very dumb of me.

I thought this was a win win because I was helping him and he seemed to have the contacts needed to release effects. However after he moved from NYC he then became MIA in the magic community.
My wife, daughter and I worked very hard gaffing products for our big release, “CHEEKA” I sent all the products to Robert in good faith that he was going to package them (125 units) and send them to Murphy. That was the last I had communications with Robert, however I have asked him repeatedly to remove my name from his web site and any affiliation with his company, to date he has yet to do so.

So I would like to go on record here, that I am in no way part of Magic Enhancer nor do I support what he is doing to the magic community.
For the many of you who have e-mailed me looking for resolve I hope you find it. For me I have such a bad taste in my mouth over all this that I have decided to never release anything to a company like his ever again.

Good luck, and may you find your answers.
Well, I sure wish I had seen these posts prior to placing an order on 2/10/12 and having it billed to my Discover. Three voice mails and three emails later, and I still haven't heard anything about my order other than a receipt from PayPal that states the charge will appear as payment to PAYPAL *MAGICENHANC.
Oh dear.
Is Kyle Peron still involved with the Magic Enhancer web store? He seems like a reputable guy that wouldn't have anything to do with this type of nonsense.
I can't help anyone with refunds, but Robert did hire me to write a few tracks exclusively for the "Magic Enhancer Vol. 2" CD. If anyone ordered this CD but never received it, please contact me and I will send you either a private link to download the Opus 1 tracks, or mail you a disc at no charge.

I know it's not much, but at least it's something.

Tommy
http://www.opus1productions.com
Tommy, you are nothing but class.

You guys should have heard some of the variations on music he did for Jody Baron. It would make your head spin. He truly is a talent. He doesn't just write a bunch of music that you have to make your magic fit to but fits the music to the magic.

Richard
WOW...incredible and very generous offer Tommy is making. As Richard stated...CLASS ACT!!!

Tommy does indeed do miracles with music. His music is rich and full sounding. It truly will make any performance sound better. That goes for his stock music and his custom made to order pieces.
I had long talk with Jody Baron the other day about Tommy and his talents. Jody pointed out several facts that only a guy doing a show for over 10 years would know and realize.

Tommy knows magic, not just music. He knows what is needed to make the music work with the magic. He puts little minor cues in the music so you know a cue is coming up. so you know at this point you have to open the door, etc. He has little things built in to add 15 or 30 seconds onto a track if something runs long.

I have heard tracks that are unbelievable.... one with guitars, one with brass, one with drums, one with sax, etc. and any combination of them. It is more than just editing the music by chopping it. He can redo it so it fits the time needed by an extra chord or shortening a note. Yet is sounds almost identical.

In this day when ASCAP fees are not cheap and a necessity, you need to have royalty free music to be able to work in many venues. Otherwise, they are going to pay thousands in licensing during a year. You might have the cost one time with Tommy but then you are done. It is your music to use.

Sure many of us are not working like Jody. But there are some other advantages to using some of Tommy's music. 1) Your act does not sound like everybody else's act. 2) He can give you the sound you want to fit your act. There are many cd's of royalty free music but I have found most of them do not fit me. Or maybe there might be one song that can work. If you look over his library, you are going to find all kind of styles of music, with and without vocals. You can sample them and buy them a track at a time like Itunes.

Maybe it is not time to redo your whole act's music, but you might want to listen and do one or two. But fair warning, one track will sound so good that it will make the others sound worse than they might really be.

Richard
Getting back to the topic of the thread, still no word on my 2/10/12 purchase from Robert Haas and Magic Enhancer. Sure doesn't look good for me! Amazing to me that someone would advertise all this on their website, take my money, ignore all my attempts at communication and not deliver.
Yes, it does not make sense. I would definitely proceed with claim and get my money back before it is too late. It seems he has a history of not deliverying. I am glad that I did not work with them when he brought out his version of the banana trick,

Richard
I contacted Discover to submit a "dispute" and was told that "by law" I have to give the merchandiser 30 days to deliver. So I will wait and then submit it on March 11.
Put a sticky note on your computer so you don't forget.

Richard
Good luck Terry. Please keep us posted.

Regan
I think I'm glad I purchased items from him long ago. Got everything without a problem and even got extras in the packages.

Steve
Yeah, me too. I was hoping to get a customized CD from them, but I guess that's not going to happen now.
[quote]
On 2012-02-23 23:25, Terry Holley wrote:
I contacted Discover to submit a "dispute" and was told that "by law" I have to give the merchandiser 30 days to deliver. So I will wait and then submit it on March 11.
[/quote]

Go through PayPal, you can do it now and get your money back hopefully. File a claim and wait one day to take it to the next step for a refund.

Good Luck!
[quote]
On 2012-02-25 01:02, wmhegbli wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-02-23 23:25, Terry Holley wrote:
[/quote]

Go through PayPal, you can do it now and get your money back hopefully. File a claim and wait one day to take it to the next step for a refund.

Good Luck!
[/quote]

Thank you for the info. I'll give it a shot!
[quote]
On 2012-02-18 00:28, Terry Holley wrote:
Well, I sure wish I had seen these posts prior to placing an order on 2/10/12 and having it billed to my Discover. Three voice mails and three emails later, and I still haven't heard anything about my order other than a receipt from PayPal that states the charge will appear as payment to PAYPAL *MAGICENHANC.
[/quote]

If you contact PayPal within 45 days I think you will be able to get your money back.
There is no PayPal Transaction ID # on this, so no way to submit a dispute to PayPal as far as I can tell. It appears the only way to deal with this is through Discover. Still no response from Magic Enhancer. It sure seems like this should be considered some kind of illegal business practice in that ME accepted my payment with no apparent plan to provide the product.
Is this him?
https://www.facebook.com/haas2
No that is not him.

Richard
It has been confirmed it is his facebook page.
About time

Return to Magic Enhancer
At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Magic Enhancer and try another option.
Pay Pal
I received a chargeback after contacting both PayPal and Discover. I never heard a word from Magic Enhancer! "Caveat emptor."
I guess I am one of the latest of Magic Enhancer's victims. I ordered ME Vol 2 on Feb 13th, and haqve not got email response or voicemail response. Sadly, it wasn't until AFTER I ordered it that I found out about this Café Topic to find I was not alone!

If anyone has remedy, please let me know. Meanwhile I will contact OPUS1 and see if he will help me at least get something I paid for.

Why would Magic Enhancer continue to advertise and take people's money if they are not going to do the work? They need to be in JAIL!

Dwayne Stanton
It amazes me that this continues to happen with this company and with this gentleman who runs this company. If you takes peoples money under the promise to deliver a product and you don't deliver the product that is theft. Theft under false pretenses is illegal in every state. This guy doesn't appear to be very heard to find. Im sure there are some people on Law Enforcement who would love to talk to him. If no criminal proceedings could be had surely the people who have lost money should get together and take civil action. I had dealing with this company a long time ago ordered a product never heard anything back, despite many e-mails. To my good luck my credit card was never processed.
This is very sad as the products were quite decent. But I agree ... taking money and going black is poor business and theft. Bernie is a stand up guy and wanted the same as others .. to receive the product he paid for. If Robert was having business issues, he should reach out to others that could help ... I would be happy to help mind the store and fulfill product as well.

Dan.
This is very sad.
He might end up in the same jail cell as Hank L.
I would love to purchase the rights to this if anyone knows how to reach the creator.