(Close Window)
Topic: Parking included?
Hi guys, when you go do shows, do you ask the clients(corporate) to cover for the parking fees?
It's included in my price
I charge enough that parking doesn't matter. The only time I ask about parking is for a gig at a university because they will give you a ticket so I ask for a parking pass.

99.9% of the time, parking isn't an issue.
If I know in advance, I always include parking too.
Not only do I have them pay parking, but I aslso send them a reserved sign to use so I KNOW where my parking will be.
I quote a price which includes any expenses (travel, accommodation, parking, taxi, meals, or whatever). I try not to get into details about pricing and concentrate on the communicating the value they are receiving.
As the performer, you should have parking privileges, usually at the rear stage enterances or up front close to the enterances doors. You should have equipment, tables, etc. that you need to conveniently unload.

Inquire as to rear drive paths and access to them. Do you need special passes or parking stickers.

If the event is only available in a public parking garage, these charges are additional to the fee and depending on your distance to the show, and if you need to have a 'per deim' fees attached for these expenses, meals and lodging payments. Keep all your receipts as they will want them to reimburse you.
Message: Posted by: SpellbinderEntertainment (Oct 22, 2010 03:12PM)
I go by bicycle...

No really, being in San Francisco with no parking ever, I don't drive.

I've found that taking a taxi anywhere is less than the overall cost of a car,
and those nominal costs are built into my fees, unless it's part of my per-diem allowance.

Walt
I LA parking can be as high as $50 at resorts and hotels.
A simple clause in the contract that states all parking and toll charges are to be handled by client.

Usually they just validate the parking ticket. Not a huge issue.
I have only paid at parking lots a few times. The person who hires me usually stamp my parking ticket, and it is never a big deal. For outdoor festivals they usually give me a VIP parking pass to put on my dash board. Of course if it is a charity gig you are on your own, and will probibly have to pay to park, carry everything yourself, bring your own water, and don't expect anyone to thank you for performing for free.

Isn't it funny that the people who don't pay you anything offer you the least amount of respect?
(Before I retired) my contract specified that I was to have a reserved parking space as close to the performance site as possible.

Sometimes this meant "he gets to drive out of visitor parking across the pasture and up the hill to where he's going to be", sometimes it meant "he gets a space in vendor parking", what it absolutely did NOT mean is "he can park where everybody else parks in the pay lot waaaaay across campus".

I wasn't worried about a few bucks nearly so much as I was worried about hauling all that stuff half a mile mostly uphill.