(Close Window)
Topic: Hypno-Mental Self-Working Card Tricks by Paul Voodini
Anyone have this ebook and care to comment on it? I will post this down in the sleepy section to see if they have checked this out.

Thanks
I've not seen this particular book but anything that Paul writes is usually very good and well worth a look.
It's only 15 bucks, so I guess it is not a big risk. Thanks for your thoughts Rebecca.
It's funny that you should mention this, I was just thinking about buying it myself. I have "paranormal entertainer" (very good) and Reader of minds (good but not my style) and I just recently bought "murder most foul" (awesome_) and the "Jack the Ripper seance" (so far so excellent!)

I have no doubt that this book will be wonderful and I will probably buy it in a week or two for sure.
I will probably pick this up in a week or so myself. Let me know your thoughts Seadog and I will let you know mine when I get it. I was just going back to study Reversed Gestalt Moment and was thinking about other simple card effects that can be turned into Hypnosis type demonstrations.
I was disappointed with this booklet. the first effect was little more than getting a marked deck and reading their card selection.
Message: Posted by: Simon (Ted) Edwards (Nov 24, 2013 02:33AM)
Was that the effect or the method? Not trying to be pedantic (I don't need to try :)) but maybe Paul had dressed this method in an interesting and original presentation?
I've not read any of Paul's material so have no opinion either way.
T.
[quote]
On 2013-11-24 00:31, 1KJ wrote:
I was disappointed with this booklet. the first effect was little more than getting a marked deck and reading their card selection.
[/quote]
Wow, way to overlook a great routine. Going by your other posts you were just looking for more tricks. I'm not trying to slam you at all, doing tricks is all good and fun, I do quite a few myself. But Paul's books offer more than just tricks, you can use his work to really affect, connect, and make an impact on your spectators.

The first effect you mention in particular gave me an inspiration. I combined it with some of Paul's other work along with an idea to do with dreaming and made into something some people think is even more amazing (or more creepy :) ) than reading their mind.

[quote]
On 2013-11-24 03:33, Simon (Ted) Edwards wrote:
maybe Paul had dressed this method in an interesting and original presentation?
T.
[/quote]
Yes he has.
Pauls books are not about the tricks, though he also has some good stuff there too, I'd more see them like Banachecks psychologically subtleties.
An inexperienced reader may think: what the heck,I just spend money on this?
Experienced people get a lot of inspirations from it and it's worth reading it more than once.
Psychic Aces is honestly one of the most powerful routines I've ever performed.

If you're thinking like a magician, none of this will seem impressive.
I will get it for sure!!! =D
The very first effect is **the single thing** I have done with a deck of cards that has impressed the most my man-in-the-know, the person who helps me to develop my presentations.
Clearly, it was wrapped in ten minutes discussion -before, and after.
Clearly, this is REAL.

Unless you reason like this it is of no use, for you.
Thanks for the kind words guys, I guess I can be an acquired taste! :)

Anyway, for those interested, the PDF in question is here: http://www.readerofminds.co.uk/hypno-mental_18.html
In depth description of easy tricks which leave all to the presentation. Excellent value for money