(Close Window)
Topic: Mentalism Reveals
I've started getting lots of emails asking for more information about my new mentalism book, Mentalism Reveals.

Well, it covers two aspects of mentalism very close to my heart and represents a LOT of time spent studying, performing and writing.

Please check out the following link for ALL the details:

http://elsdon.blogspot.com/2010/10/mentalism-reveals.html

If you have ANY questions whatsoever, please ask away and I'll do my best to answer as fully as I can.

Cheers,

ME
Okay, Mark, you got my interest...

I agree that the quality of the "revelation" at the end of any mentalism routine can "make or break" the entire effect. If your book really details and analyzes how best to script and structure climaxes, I'll buy it. I see that your book is not inexpensive. I therefore fully expect I won't be buying "fluff" and will get original and not re-hashed commonly understood concepts and ideas ...
Best,
Gregg
[quote]
On 2010-10-29 13:22, Gregg Foxx wrote:
Okay, Mark, you got my interest...

I agree that the quality of the "revelation" at the end of any mentalism routine can "make or break" the entire effect. If your book really details and analyzes how best to script and structure climaxes, I'll buy it. I see that your book is not inexpensive. I therefore fully expect I won't be buying "fluff" and will get original and not re-hashed commonly understood concepts and ideas ...
Best,
Gregg
[/quote]

Gregg, I would like to see review of this once you have finished reading it.
Hi Gregg,

Thank you for your post and your interest!

The book does indeed provide new and original full scripts (for effects and presentations of my own devising), as well as deconstructing the scripts to show which are the essential elements and why. And how those elements can be applied to effects that one already performs.

I also discuss the interplay between talking and silence. Of equal (or perhaps more) importance there is also a chapter on timing, including how to build and conclude an effect for maximum memorability. A great closing line can really underscore the power of an effect.

The chapter that analyses how to structure effects (so that the climax or revelation has the most impact possible) contains a lot of ideas that I have not seen in print anywhere else. This applies to most of the chapters actually! And whilst it would be very self-aggrandizing of me to use the term 'ground-breaking' about my own book, I do think that the book discusses a lot of aspects of mentalism that have not been written about before.

Whilst some of the ideas in the book, and indeed some of my thinking on these subjects, is shaped by my study of the works of Burger, Carney, Harris, Neale, Swiss, Ortiz, Tamariz, Kurtz, Hass, Riese, Stone, Weber, Hickok and others, there is no 'fluff' or re-hashed information at all! I wouldn't waste my time or anyone else's if I didn't think I had something valuable to add to the literature, offering ideas and suggestions that can definitely strengthen one's performance.

I hope this sheds a little more light on things...

Cheers,

ME
Okay. I will buy it, read it and post my comments/review.
I've been lucky enough to see an early draft of this and its a really wonderful book. I can't imagine anybody being disapointed with this. Some really goundbreaking stuff!

Iain.
Thanks Iain,

The book has grown quite a lot since the draft that you read. Almost all the chapters have expanded and I've added several others, including the discussion of the role of comedy in mentalism that I was deliberating about. It will raise a few eyebrows I'm sure ;)

For those of you who have emailed me asking about the nature of the revelations included, I can happily confirm that they are all tried and tested, professional-level presentations. (This doesn't mean that you have to be a professional to use them, just that they are of a 'workers' standard.)

Although some of the book is theoretical in nature, none of the scripts or revelations are; they are directly from the working repertoires of myself and some of my friends and colleagues. All are original and unpublished and I think several will become standard approaches, such is their power and simplicity.

Finally, for anyone considering a purchase, I can tell you that a little over half the copies have been pre-ordered at this point.

As always, if anyone has any further questions, please ask...

Cheers,

ME
I mean no disrespect, but would you care to share your credentials for writing a book that seems to concentrate on the performance of mentalism.

I know of your name through your creations but I am not aware of your experience as a working performer. I see no webpage for "Mark Elsdon" as a performer. Is the book based around the performance of "close-up" mentalism, or stand-up and stage performances? I would be interested if the book focuses on stand-up and stage performance but would also want to know that you have sufficient experience in this area of performance before I purchased a book by you.

Thanks.
While I have no idea about this latest offering, the 'Meridian technique' was written to a high standard, and 'fluff free' IMHO.
[quote]
On 2010-11-07 08:49, aussiemagic wrote:
I mean no disrespect, but would you care to share your credentials for writing a book that seems to concentrate on the performance of mentalism.

I know of your name through your creations but I am not aware of your experience as a working performer. I see no webpage for "Mark Elsdon" as a performer. Is the book based around the performance of "close-up" mentalism, or stand-up and stage performances? I would be interested if the book focuses on stand-up and stage performance but would also want to know that you have sufficient experience in this area of performance before I purchased a book by you.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Aussie, what's you problem ?
I don't know if Mark has a big backround or not and I don't care.
If it's not the case, since when somedody need to be a world champion to be a good coach ?
If the book talk to me I buy it if not I don't that's it.
Since when somedoby has to justified himself when he publish something ?
I don't know where you live but where I live, we're in democraty.
P-S: I don't know Mark at all.
Aussie has some valid concerns. I don't see any problems with him asking questions.

You wouldn't buy a book on how to fly helicopters with out knowing if the author has actually flown helicopters would you?
While I don't know Mark personally, I can say that what I have read of his has been both insightful and real-world practical. In other words, of great value in a medium where, unfortunately, the same cannot be said about the majority of what I come across.

It's certainly an individual's prerogative to want to 'check credentials' before paying hard-earned cash for a product, but I would be careful with the notion that one must have achieved a certain level as a performer before his or her work is deemed of value. This is where the helicopter pilot analogy stalls.

The world is filled with myriad coaches, directors, writers, etc., who may not have achieved high stature as performers/players, etc., but have found their place in providing direction and feedback to improve the performance of others. Baseball is a great example, where some of the most successful coaches were marginal ballplayers, at best, but are superb at getting the best out of their players.

By the way, please don't read into this that I am suggesting that Mark is not an accomplished performer. I'm merely saying that some of the best feedback on scripting and stage direction, often comes from those who do not spend the majority of their time on stage. Conversely, not all great performers are capable of providing articulate feedback as to how others may become better performers. These are two VERY DIFFERENT skill sets!

No need to check my credentials (but feel free to, if you wish!).....I'm merely adding what I believe to be important perspective to the discussion.

e
Aussiemagic,

No disrespect felt!

Thank you to Puggo, Parmenion and Eric (what a law firm THAT would be!) for making the very valid point that it is not always necessary for good teachers or writers to be/have been great performers.

And whilst I do NOT want to blow my own trumpet by waxing lyrical about what a wonderful performer I am, I would at least like you to know that I own a trumpet!

I have been a professional performer for over 20 years, originally as a close-up magician and magic bartender, but for the last few years primarily as a 'mentalist', doing both stand-up and close-up shows. Although the majority of the material I release to the magic marketplace is more close-up magic oriented, that doesn't reflect my performance interests or priorities. The bulk of my work is either private functions or parties, launches and premieres for the music and film industry here in the UK. You will, however, be able to see me perform on stage at several public shows in London between now and Christmas.

My new website (which, as my friends will tell you, has taken me FAR too long to get sorted) will be online at http://www.markelsdon.com by the end of this month.

With regard to aussiemagic's comment:

"Is the book based around the performance of "close-up" mentalism, or stand-up and stage performances? I would be interested if the book focuses on stand-up and stage performance..."

The book discusses many issues surrounding both being a performer and specifically the performance of 'mentalism' irrespective of where it is performed. Of course, there are differences between close-up and stand up and these are addressed (particularly with regard to timing and blocking). The performance material is split about 50/50 although the script commentaries are applicable across the board.

Cheers,

ME
Thanks Mark for your reply.

I will give your book my serious consideration.

Best

AM
Just thought I'd post a few brief comments that I sent someone in reply to a question they asked me about the book. I hope that they offer a little more insight into some of the book's content:

Mentalism Reveals discusses how to sequence your entire performance for maximum impact. In other words, what kind of effects to use at different points to contrast with aspects of a preceding effect, how to work the rollercoaster of experiences for your audience throughout the show, etc.

The book also looks at how to expand one of my favourite mentalism performance concepts, Chuck Hickok's 'multiple moments of amazement' and shows how it can be applied to a whole show rather than just a single effect. Further, what about structuring close-up and informal performances along similar lines, without making it seem contrived and overly theatrical? Again, the book offers practical guidelines.

The chapter that discusses Powers vs Skills talks about how to layer premises, and how to move from effects that have a powerful cerebral reaction to effects that have a powerful emotional one. In this way a performance/show can have a much, much stronger impact. It is the book's (and my!) contention that style, premise and (emotional) hook are at least as important as specific effect selection.

Cheers,

ME
Seems like a good read, Mark!
I was at your lecture up here in Newcastle - all very good stuff!
I've never done mentalism but would be interested in learning about it, but I would be starting from the ground up. Would this be a good place to start my research?

Cheers!
Andrew
[quote]
On 2010-11-14 13:51, Andrewzuber wrote:
Seems like a good read, Mark!
I was at your lecture up here in Newcastle - all very good stuff!
I've never done mentalism but would be interested in learning about it, but I would be starting from the ground up. Would this be a good place to start my research?

Cheers!
Andrew
[/quote]

Of course not !
Corinda, karl Fulves or annemann are good to understand and learn the basis and more about mentalism.
But you can buy is book, for later :)
[quote]
On 2010-11-14 13:08, Mark Elsdon wrote:
Mentalism Reveals discusses how to sequence your entire performance for maximum impact. In other words, what kind of effects to use at different points to contrast with aspects of a preceding effect, how to work the rollercoaster of experiences for your audience throughout the show, etc.
[/quote]
This is a great idea. Some performances show little or no coherence because they're just a string of unrelated effects. Instead of a rollercoaster, the audience gets a bumpy bus ride. Putting it another way, they get a "greatest hits collection" instead of a "concept album". Okay, I'm all out of analogies...
I could be selfish, infact I WANT to be selfish. Ive been privvy to the contents of Mentalism Revealed for quite a while now and to be quite bloody honest I don't want Marc to release it!!! There Ive said it.

The theory, thinking and development of mentalism is fundamental to GOOD mentalism and Mark all to well knows this. This book gives real world performers an absoulte wealth of iformation about WHY they do what they do. I have had a long time fascination for the use of colour in mentalism and it took this book to make me aware of that, if that makes sense? (Mark made me realise why I do what I do)

Mark then takes us on a journey that in essence makes us consider and rethink the way we present and reveal information to our audiences. We are told Mentalism isn't visual but the techniques and brain food on offer here made me re-evaluate my presentations to make them as real as "I" can currently get. If you want to know what a real mind reader would do, get this book and then the realisation will hit you that you actually knew all along, but it took this evil genuis Elsdon to make you realise it!!!

Favourite book of 2010 for me.
Am I correct, your book sells for about $155.00?
It's a limited release of 100 and worth every penny to a worker :)
[quote]
On 2010-12-01 12:02, looch wrote:
It's a limited release of 100 and worth every penny to a worker :)
[/quote]

I understand and would agree that it's probably worth every penny to a worker. I have On the Mark, which is a fantastic effect and which clearly demonstrates Mr. Elsdon's creative and thoughtful approach to mentalism. I was simply initially surprised and wanted to just make sure I had the exchange rate on 100 GBP correct :)
Like Looch, I didn't want Mark to release this.

I have been privy to a pre-release copy and the information inside was wonderful. From challenging questions to thought provoking statements it is sure to get you thinking about the REAL stuff that matters.

The people who read this book can only become better performers, there are no two ways about it.

As a limited release this is something that you shouldn't sit on the fence about. If you are thinking about buying it, JUST BUY it. Otherwise when you finally decide to grab a copy there won't be any left.

Cheers,

-Paul
Does anybody want Mark to release this?? ;D He must be losing a lot of friends!! :O

I jest, It sounds like a very good in fairness!
I ordered a copy, so he must release it :O
This actually sounds good. While it might not reveal (if any) routines or effects, but I guess this will be another arsenal for us to build up a good effect that could leave a long-lasting memory for the audience.

Still waiting on a good review tho.
Mark, any news about when it will be shipped?
I ordered this and had an email at the beginning of December to say it should reach me within a fortnight. No sign yet and no further mails, I was hoping this would be my Xmas reading, but never mind. I hope Mark's ok.
Hi Rob,

Please check your PMs.

Cheers,

ME
I didn't receive any update too, so don't worry, you're not alone :)
Anyway,I hope Mark will give us some update about the realease date.
Hi Parmenion,

Matching up real names with Cafι user names can be a minefield. I'll do my best... ;)

If you are Matt, Christophe or Tomas, since they are the three orders I received from Switzerland (which is the location you have logged in your Cafι profile), then you were sent the email upadate.

Bear in mind that I used the email address provided me by Paypal, so if that isn't your usual email address you might need to check the alternative. If you still haven't got it, please PM me with your real name.

If you are NOT Matt, Christophe or Tomas, my rudimentary detective work has failed, again please PM me!

Cheers,

ME
Sorted, Thanks Mark!
As all purchasers are aware, Mentalism Reveals will be released very early in the New Year.

The publication deadline was pushed back to allow the inclusion of a 'surprise' - something not mentioned in the ad. Anyway, enough about that ;)

Quite a few interested mentalists (all bar one of whom subsequently became purchasers) have contacted me asking for more specifics as to the content of MR. So I have decided to publish the Table of Contents here. Hopefully it will be of interest to those who want to find out a little more before making a purchase.

Here it is:

Mentalism Reveals

Table of Contents

Introduction

Part 1 – Mentalism Genesis

Chapter 1 – Who Do You Think You Are?

Chapter 2 – Persona

Chapter 3 – Finding Your Voice (Part 1)

Chapter 4 – Killing The Hero

Chapter 5 – Powers vs. Skills

Chapter 6 - Believability

Chapter 7 – Why Most Mentalism Is (Insert Your Own Derogatory Word Here...)

Chapter 8 – Comedy Is No Laughing Matter

Chapter 9 – Who Cares?

Part 2 – Mentalism Revelations

Chapter 10 – Finding Your Voice (Part 2)

Chapter 11 – Procedure vs. Presentation: The Conundrum of Visible Compromise

Chapter 12 – Multiple Moments: Building The Web

Chapter 13 – Connecting With People

Chapter 14 – Perspectives: Turning Spectators Into Participants

Chapter 15 – Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?

Chapter 16 – If I Say It Happened, It Happened (Controlling Memories)

Chapter 17 – Riding The Rollercoaster

Chapter 18 – The Revelations:
a. Premises
b. Effects
c. Scripts
d. Some Favourites

Chapter 19 – Happy Endings...

Cheers,

ME
I've been using one of Mark's revelations from the book for the past month or two, at most of my close-up gigs - it has a huge impact on laypeople and gets great reactions, yet it is very simple too!

I'm keen to include more Mentalism in my close-up work, getting reactions like this!

I'm sure Mark's revelations are going to be very popular once the book is released and I for one am glad it is a limited edition, so not everybody will be doing it!

Iain.
I'm in...really excited about this book
Thanks for the order Eric, is it much appreciated.

You should have received my email telling you what the surprise is by now. But remember, mum's the word!

Cheers,

ME
100% silence!
:)
Thanks for your email Mark!
Mums the word from me also but since I received that e-mail I've heard nothing.

I can't wait for the book as I thought you had some interesting points to make on the Colin McLeod DVD but I'm wondering where my money is right now?

Kind regards,

Chris.
Any more reviews on this?
A little update for those who are interested.

As of today (26/02/11) ALL orders have been processed and mailed, either First Class in the UK or Airmail for overseas. Most of the books have already been delivered (and the feedback has thankfully all been postitive), but if you haven't yet received yours, it should be with you in the next few days. If you are worried about your order for any reason, please email me.

If you would like to read an unbiased review, please see what Jheff has to say here:

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/mentalism_reveals.html

Finally, just a heads up that the book is almost sold out. It is a hard-back limited edition of 100 and when it's gone, it's gone. There will never be a soft-back or ebook edition.

I look forward to reading some further reviews as more books arrive.

Cheers,

ME
Also, since the book is virtually sold out, if anyone wants to mention the 'surprise' in their review, feel free...

ME
Just bought one in time :D
I'll post a review after I give it a read through :D
For those looking for a US dealer for this book, our batch arrived today! We've sold most already but I have a few left...I suspect they will not last long.

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=9175
Anyone get theirs?
My copy arrived in NZ a couple of days ago. I had a quick look through and there are some clever thoughts and ideas in this book. I will not get a chance to have a proper read until the weekend but I am pleased I was one of the few to get my hands on a copy.
The table of contents is a bit different than what is posted above. I'm still unsure of what the surprise is, although to be fair I haven't finished reading the book and I'm skipping around.
Have not received my copy yet
Have not received my copy yet...
Received mine about a week or so ago and I'm on my second read through. There's a chapter by Christopher Carter that's worth the price of admission in my mind.
And then there was one...

ME
Fingers crossed for this week. This is the most I've ever spent on a single product.
I 've spent the last couple of weeks turning pages in this book along recent other interesting releases.

I must say that MR is probably the one of the most inspiring book that focuses solely on mentalism in a long time.
When I'm finished - which will never happen since this is an infinite struggle ;-) -- I'll put it beside Osterlinds "Principles".

If there is any copy left and you still didn't order - make the move.
I got this a month or so ago now, and having read it all the way through (once) can say I'm glad I have this in my library. Mark has certainly made me think about the way I perform, and maybe more importantly, why I perform (in the eyes of the spectators). Mark also pointed out something I'm 'guilty' of, as in purchasing far too many props. ( Can't bring myself to say tricks!) His advice; read Corinda for half an hour in the evenings instead of browsing the forums and on-line shops! I'm not prominsing anything, but if I can do that at least some of time, the book will have paid for itself in no time!
Along with Ken Weber's book, this is a must have on your performance bookshelf.
I would love to post a review...but mine is still not here... :(
Eric,

Really? Arghh, how frustrating! You should have emailed me sooner...

Please email me with your real (or purchaser) name and I can check when it was sent and get the situation resolved as quickly as possible.

Cheers,

ME
Mark,

I did email you about it on march the 17th, but received no reply...did my mail go to the SPAM folder? I still have it in my sent folder...
I just emailed you again and you answered very fast signalling help! Many thanks, I really appreciate this!
Ahhh! Now I know who are... ;-)

You're right - I have no record of anything from the 17th, BUT help is on the way as per my email.

Thanks Eric,

ME
Mark, after reading these posts I plan to reread your book. I am a huge fan of Jheff's product reviews and purchased your book based on his review of it. I have to tell you I was disappointed in it. For someone just starting out in mentalism it has a lot to offer, but not at the limited edition price. Please, don't misunderstand I don't like being a negative reviewer. I just found MR to be too basic for me, and certainly not a collector's priced book.
I liked the book , and also purchased it based on Jheff's review, I have just reserved a copy of the second one with Mark. I think it has a lot to offer for those starting out & for those of us who have more background info having previously read Cassidy, Hicock, etc some very interesting ideas,some we're basic that I have read in other places like Chuck Hicock's book but expanded upon & I believe that would help a few of us select effects and structure their show a little differently using these concepts. Price to value ratio is always subjective , I've spent more for many other items that had less value in my opinion. Happy to see limited copies as you can always recoup some of your investment on re-sale if you do not feel it is a collector's item worth keeping, my wife wants me to get rid of my excess collection of magic books & DVDs on my shelf : ) But this is one that I plan to re-read a few times & study.
Still waiting for mine, arrrg
Yes, it΄s a pretty good book. You will become a better performer if you use those advices in the book. You really have to study an re-read it a few times to get everything out of it! very recommended!
kiki
Got mine after about(?) two weeks - as much as I would like everyone to see it/read it, I am glad it is a limited edition! There was information inside that really caused me to re-evaluate both my act and my thoughts about it...one of the best books I have read!

Lee
I have little experience with mentalism, so this book has proven invaluable to me..
Thanks for all the kind comments guys, it is very much appreciated. They echo all the very generous emails I've received.

Although the book is officially 'sold out' I actually still have two spare copies that I had put to one side in case of any delivery difficulties. Since they won't be needed for that purpose now, they are available to buy.

As soon as those two go, that will be it and I'll post the book as 'Sold Out' on my blog.

Cheers,

ME
Scared for mine because it's been about a month now. I'm just patiently waiting.
Blindside,

I'm just down the street from you in Portland and received mine about a week ago.

-Brian
I have just finished reading my copy of Mentalism Reveals and I have to say that I really enjoyed it . Once I started reading I found it difficult to put it down, it is the first book in a while that has encouraged me to read cover to cover. Each chapter is short and stands on its own and makes the book extremely easy to read. I could pick it up, read a chapter and then put it down while the information sunk in.

As for the content, this is the book I have been looking for to help me improve my mentalism. I am not short of books full of effects and I needed something to help me think about my own performance of mentalism. Mark, and his guest contributors, have done a good job of making me think about what I am doing and why. I don't think that you could read this book and not improve. There are also lots of references to other resources to help you develop scattered amongst the pages. I think that the strength of this book is the direct style that it is written in. There are no vague theories that you are left to do what you see fit with. Everything is written in a style which is clear, direct and applicable to your own mentalism performance.

I can't wait to put some of these ideas into practice and there is a really nice idea called ONVI by Ran Pink that I will experiment with.

The only downside to me was that I turned a page and it was blank. I was at the end of the book and wanted more. When Mentalism Reveals Volume 2 is released I will be one of the first to buy a copy. Mark even provides us with a few resources to get ready in preparation for Vol 2.

It is an expensive book but the information contained within is worth every penny. I am sure those that got their hands on the 100 copies will have a performance advantage over those that don't and will more likely to be remembered by their audiences.
Although I don't own this book, I am familiar with Ran Pink's ONVI, and it is a great piece of mentalism!
[quote]
On 2011-03-30 19:34, ekins wrote:
Blindside,

I'm just down the street from you in Portland and received mine about a week ago.

-Brian
[/quote]Good news. But I still have not received my copy. Hoping for monday
Nothing today either
About how much will volume 2 cost?
Mark, please send a short reply to my emails

Many thanks!!
Got mine!!!!
Eric - reply on way...

Blindside - fantastico!!

ME
I finished up reading this material and I'm quite new to mentalism, well NOT brand new but I'm exploring what I want to do with it. I can say that this book has got me thinking more about my performance overall. Gave me a well deserved kick under the belt and landed me into the reality about what works and what doesn't.

The chapter "imagining superpowers", even though short, struck quite a chord with me.

I'm content with this being a limited release. To me it's pure gold. Shall take it's place on and off my shelf! I've even started jotting personal improvements in a separate journal along side it. I understand to the working Mentalist/Magician that they already have their fine tuned ways of thinking and some of the ideas may be not new, to me I felt like I got more than I thought I would.

A few great contributions from surprise guests at the end as well, a little book that has me hooked. Come on volume 2!!!
@Mark Elsdon: in a recent email to your "list," you wrote:

"I currently have no plans whatsoever to release a second edition of Mentalism Reveals, although I can confirm that MR Volume 2 will be out in June."

Great news about Volume 2, but the use of the word "currently" in the first part of the sentence seems to leave open the possibility (perhaps unintentionally) that a second edition of Volume 1 could someday be released, although there are currently "no plans." That would be great for people who missed the limited release, not so great for folks who already paid a premium thinking they would have a near exclusive on the material. Could we get a little clarification on that, please?
Maxfields,

I'm not sure why you didn't email me about this, rather than posting on an open forum. Nevertheless, I'm happy to clarify the situation.

Here is what I sent to MR owners in my last communication:

"A couple of people have asked me if I will be releasing a second, softback edition of Mentalism Reveals. The answer is no, I won't. I have no plans to reprint MR in any format - hardback, sofback or ebook. Although I am reluctant to say "Never, ever" since that is a very long time! But not this decade..."

And that is how it stands. I have no plans to reprint MR, pure and simple. However, who knows what the situation might be in the future. Larry Becker said that Stunners would NEVER be re-printed, and yet years later, Stunners Plus was released. Never is a long time, and circumstances change.

At no point have I made the statement that "there will only EVER be 100 copies of this book", but please let me state again so that it is clear - I genuinely have no plans to reprint this book. I would rather release new books or items instead.

Cheers,

ME
Hi Mark -

I'm an MR owner, and I did not receive the email communication you quote. But thanks for the information. I posted the question in the thread, rather than going the email route, because I know you check these threads and it was a question that would affect everyone who already purchased the book, and those who would consider doing so if possible. For issues such as "my shipment has not arrived," I send an email.

Thanks,
- Scott
No problem Scott!

Glad I could be of help.

Thanks again for your purchase and I hope you are enjoying the book.

Cheers,

ME
On Monday I received the last available copy of MR and I had some time to read it. I must say that I am very happy with it and I'm sorry for those who couldn't get there hands on a copy. This is a book that is a must read for all mentalists or people calling themselves a mentalist.

There's not so much new stuff in this book that isn't available elsewhere, but Mark Elsdon made it easy to find all the information you need to become a better performer in one place. There are A LOT of references to other books so you're not done with this book alone. I really didn't know that Mark Elsdon thought this way about mentalism. I should get to know him better.

I must say this book goes way beyond my expectations. I own a few of Mark's other publications, some were a bit dissapointing, others were great. This book definitely belongs in the latter category and has already made it's way in my top 10 of books I learned the most from. Top 5 maybe. It could be because this book arrived at the right time, I don't know.

I won't try to describe what exactly it is that I got out of this book because it's impossible for me to convey this in English. But I will start incorporating the ideas from this book immediately into my performances.

I'm looking forward to vol. 2.
Mark,

Really wonderful job putting these thoughts together.

a must have in the Library

Andrew Gerard