(Close Window)
Topic: Looking for a good table in the UK
Anyone know of any builders in the UK, fed up with being nailed for exp shipping and import duty!
Yup...Home Depot...B and Q, any one of thos big homogenous stores that sell wood and stuff.

Serioulsy though, I wouldnt know of anyone but if you contact any of the street guys in LOndon, go on youtube, or find them onlline...ask them, they may be able to help. FInd Gazzo, ask him, or todd various...all of these stellar guys may be able to help.

Just a thought

James James

http://www.myjvpress.org
A lot of the Busking DVDs and books offer suggestions on DIY tables (make your own) from items that can be purchased in about any country. Have you given that a look or do you want a pre-made commercial resource that is street performance specific?

Jerry
Gary Knights aka Gary Animal who builds the top street cups as used by Gazzo etc
now living back in the UK, Used to build brilliant street tables-Pete Wardell is 1 who has 1 as well etc

Do a search -you can only ask.......
Buy a tray stand from a restaurant supply store & build the table top!

Thatís what I did with minimal tools and know how. It looks great & I love it!
I use a picture frame with the glass removed for a border, fit some foam and some fabric to make a close up mat in the centre, then add 2 strips for inch wide elastic to either end (this stops the wind catching cards that may be put on the table). Finally I use a standard cheap Keyboard stand to hold the whole thing up. Cost about £20 in total and will last a long time.

Chris