(Close Window)
Topic: Elite Cuss Cards a review
I must say at the outset I don't usually do reviews.
So am not sure of any accepted format.

I will simply describe my own findings regarding Cuss Cards and hope to satisfy people curious about this item.

If your ideal effect is an ambitious card routine or a slick colour change; Cuss Cards may not be for you. For a start they are as far way from modern playing cards as a wax tablet is from an iPhone.

This is a piece of theatre that can provide the sole topic of conversation for a whole evenings entertainment on it's own.
It requires a from the performer exactly what that term implies, a performance.
This is no "look what I can do" trick (hopefully none of us perform anything using that premise)

What do you get:
13 Hand made/aged Cuss Cards. These are thick items. My stack of 13 Cuss Cards is thicker than a standard deck of cards.
They look somewhat like large tarot cards.

A leather pouch to hold the cards

A second smaller leather pouch containing 2 wooden dice to fit the medieval period.

An "Alter cloth" on which to perform. Perhaps the medieval predecessor of the close-up mat?
I jest.

And a small cotton pouch containing a genuine protection spell. ( for your own and your audiences welfare)

Everything just reeks of genuineness (is that a real word) Though I may age the leather pouches a little, just my personal taste.

The premise:
A game of chance. The stakes.. Your immortal soul being cursed to everlasting torment

The workings:
This is soooooooo not about doing a trick, however what needs to be done to get the right outcome is not difficult.
Don't think though, that this is "take it out of the box and show it the same day" type of effect.
The presentation needs, nay demands, care and consideration before letting this loose on people.

The instructions:
The instruction book was a joy to read. Well written and full of imagery and inspiration. Lots of different presentation options are explored and explained.
The booklet covers not just handling but also the effect it has on the audience and how to manipulate this.

Bottom Line:
As conversation inducing as any effect out there.
Handling as easy as playing Tic tac toe (noughts and crosses)
As deep as a game of chess.

For serious performers.

http://www.alchemy-moon.co.uk/cusscards.htm

Steve
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 18, 2010 07:12AM)
Nice review..
Steve,

Thank you for your review. Many of us have considered purchasing the Cuss Cards and rely on honest reviews like this. I am almost to the point of clicking the paypal button on these bad boys but I have a couple of questions.

1) You described the cards as being thicker than a normal deck of cards. What are these cards made of? Wood? I perused the alchemy moon site but didn't see anything reference the material of the cards.

2) Have you presented the cards to anyone? What have the reactions been like?

3) Can you comment on the authenticity of the cards? Do they really look, feel, smell like a genuine antique?

Once again, I appreciate your review.
@Murph813

1 The cards are each about as thick as 6 bicycle cards.
They are made of card, but have been so nicely hand aged, with something that is soaked into the cards and also sits on the surface (don't know what I'm afraid)
and are very stiff and feel like wood
I tried tapping 2 cards together and they sound like wood (like a thin veneer)

2 No I haven't presented them to anyone yet. I want to keep my powder dry so to speak, and hit them with the full performance.
I have no doubts that if they are not received as expected by people, it will be because of something the performer does wrong not the cards themselves.

3 Smell. Good question. I should have mentioned that. They smell.... well they smell. I don't know what of. The devil's armpits maybe. A medieval torture chamber.

They even arrived in a box with straw in. the attention to detail is great.

I just hope people give them the performance they deserve.

steve
Nice review. Quality item. Smell? Yes, like you would expect a relic from the Dark Ages might. These are not for "weak sisters" or kids looking for the next thing. Price needs to go up to discourage the muggles.
I'm at risk of coming across really dumb, but what is the effect? Is it even an effect, or are these props to help tell a story?

They are something that I too am considering, but I'd like to understand a little more about them first. If you could PM me about it that'd be awesome. I don't think it needs to be let out in an open forum.

Cheers,

Ros
Steve,

Thanks for the response. I feel strangely compelled to purchase a set right now.

I think I've decided to get the DIY set and age them myself.
The type of routine this effect is based on is very strong using different types of cards if presented right. I've seen the photos of the cards and they will really elevate the effect to a new higher level. I'm happy to see someone made a special set of cards for this.
[quote]
On 2010-11-18 22:54, murph813 wrote:
Steve,

Thanks for the response. I feel strangely compelled to purchase a set right now.

I think I've decided to get the DIY set and age them myself.
[/quote]

For the moment itīs sold out.
[quote]
On 2010-11-19 20:12, MagicSanta wrote:
The type of routine this effect is based on is very strong using different types of cards if presented right. I've seen the photos of the cards and they will really elevate the effect to a new higher level. I'm happy to see someone made a special set of cards for this.
[/quote]
A strangely wrapped package arrived from overseas this weekend which held a shocking secret I am compelled to reveal.

This set of cards are the most extraordinary in their authenticity, and most vile in their dread inspiring appearance.
A true labour of love for the art of bizarre theater and performance magic.
Chris and Alchemy Moon have spared no expense in making these as real as possible and though, as Steve has mentioned, some may choose to age the leather bags themselves, I chose to also get the optional jute bag that pairs itself nicely with the other items provenance from perhaps the late 17th or early 18th century.

And though the story work and staging do not appear as if they will take an inordinate amount of time to master, the setting and conditions seem the most important aspects of the performance.

Great work to all involved, this is a set I will not banish to a dark damp corner of my "cellar," except to protect the innocent from eternal ***ation!!!
Fuascailt
Larry
Looking at mine; I think they spent a lot of time in a dark, damp corner of some cellar.

And I think they'd be right at home there.

steve
Steve, would you say that this would be a good effect to incorporate into a seance routine?
Good question.

I have only conducted one Sceance, and it was before I got my Cuss cards.

The atmosphere and creepiness of these is definitely in sceance territory.
You would need some way to tie them in to whatever else you are doing; some sort of back story. The back story that comes with them could be adapted to fit a sceance I think.

They are as logical in a sceance as tarot cards, or runes or a haunted photograph etc.

And so much more spooky.

I hope that helps.

Steve
Thanks for the reply Steve, it was very helpful
I came home last night to find a package waiting for me. I was excited to open the straw packed envelope and pull out a hand printed box. There was a wonderfully mysterious smell. I opened the lid to be amazed at what I saw. Just breathtaking.

I think Steve did an excellent job in reviewing the cuss cards, but I want to add my own two cents. I have a love of the medieval period and bizarre magic. Aside from that, the work just looked great. Upon looking at these in person and handling the cards, I was not disappointed.

The cards and the alter cloth are very authentically aged. They all appear to be hand printed using the block printing process. The leather pouches are hand stitched. The dice are handmade. When thigs are made like they were in the old days, they look like things from the old days. This level of attention to detail is what gives you the terrific quality you see with this set.

As Steve said, this isn't something you will take out of the box and present the same day. Personally for me, the backstory will need to be personalized (but then shouldn't it always be) and I want to practice the performance until I feel confident with it. I will also age the leather bags and the dice.

People have asked about the effect. Basically you are asking a spectator to help relieve you of a curse at the same time, risking cursing themselves or everyone in the room. While this is a one sentence description, it is so sparse that it cheapens what you are getting. See the reason why it is sometimes hard to explain the effect is that Alchemy Moon gives you so many suggestions and ideas for presentation, that it is hard to sum it up in just one sentence.

I feel very confident that within a few days of working with these cards you will be able to come up with multiple variations for performace. While they are an effect, a dramatic presentation, you also receive an incredible set of props that I think you would be proud to own. I know that I certainly am proud, and I will treasure these.
A spell has been cast
by Steve's great review
An irresistible force
to join the Cussing Cards queue!
More Elite Cussing Cards soon!

The King's Edition should be out any day now, too!

We're working hard to catch up!

Also keep your eye out for A Death in the Family. It will not disappoint!

Thank you guys very much for the interest! Our artist and designer is very pleased everyone seems to be enjoying his hard work!
And then I walked toward that package. It was late at night when I got home just to find something was waiting for me to discover its secrets. Although it was raining a lot outside, the silence that fell was somehow unconfortable. It was as if something terribly wrong was about to happen.

As I began to unwrap those ancient itens, a scent of old started to fill the ambient, and I felt a sudden cold wind entering the room, freezing not only the place, but chilling my entire body. Those cards carried something even more powerful than I imagined.

I opened the old, rotten cloth and placed it on my table, watching closely to those strange drawings. Maybe some sort of a long forgotten ritual, or a form of controlling fate... I got all of the cards and distributed in a chaotic, yet meaningful way on the newly created altar, but not over the drawings yet. I took the lamp closer, so I could better read those ancient words and try to figure out their meaning but the weak light served only to form a darker shadow behind my desk.

It disturbed me as I felt darkness taking form and a threatening presence raise in front of me. A dark figure was staring me from behind the altar, I knew that, even not being able to see his face. The only things I could figure out was that he was wearing a fine suit, an elegant hat and a stylish cane, although his energy was even more ancient than his clothes. His voice asked me, in a deep and cold tone: "Will you play with me?" as two dice were lauched from outside the light and into the table. The game had begun...
Hope you didn't fiddle too much with the spell bag....
The spell bag was almost crushed in my hand, in despair, but I lived to tell the story... It is a powerful person, whoever made that!

But what a piece of art this Cuss Cards Elite Set! The cards look so authentic, not only with the aging process, but with the printing method as well. The colors and the art are astounding. Not only the cards, but the dice, the leather pouches, even the spell bag, everything looks as if they came directly from medieval times. Every single item in the set adds so much to the psychological drama.

Anyway, Steve and Paul did a terrific job reviewing Cuss Cards, so I can only agree with what was said. This is not a trick, it is an experience, something you share with your audience.

Congratulations, Alchemy Moon, for this amazing creation.

Ale
Man ... its very much appreciated.

More coming soon! I know it has been slow going, but hang in there and you won't be disappointed.

Thanks again!
Wow!

Just... wow!

I was sufficiently blessed by receiving my Elite Cuss Cards set on Saturday. Without wishing to repeat all the good things that have been said above (or end up gushing like a 13 year old girl at a Take That reunion concert) these things are very seriously cool. From the aging of the cards to the straw used in packing, everything about the entire package screams quality and attention to detail. Even the instruction booklet came wrapped and sealed in a distressed package that was almost a shame to open! And that smell...

These props are too good to simply present as spooky artifacts. Although the mechanics of the supplied routine is indeed simple, these deserve far better than being presented virtually straight out the box. Developing the script and performance to do these justice will however be a joy.

It's also worth mentioning what a pleasure it was to deal with Chris from Alchemy Moon. Every email was promptly answered and I was kept informed on my order throughout.

In terms of the high quality of both goods and service Alchemy Moon seem to have hit the ground at a full-on sprint. On the strength of my first order from this fledgling company, the whole experience really has been truly impressive and holds great store for future dealings. Cheers guys!

:)
For those of us in the Continental US, are they shipped from the UK or directly from South Florida?

Chris
They are currently being shipped from the UK.

Sometime around February 2011, some orders should begin shipping from South Florida to U.S. customers.
:)

Thanks for the info!

Chris
Here's more info on the Elite Cuss Cards, detailing what you get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoCofqOkXD0
I didn't get that beautiful box with my cards..... :-((
[quote]
On 2010-12-24 01:12, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Here's more info on the Elite Cuss Cards, detailing what you get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoCofqOkXD0
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I just saw Captain Howdy in that video...
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Dec 24, 2010 07:51AM)
Lars - you are not missing anything.
The box is being sold separately (drop me a note and I will put you on the first batch, if you like).
....everything is made clear(ish) on the blog: [url]http://alchemymoon.wordpress.com/[/url] (hit the news when you gets there!)
You can also see a comparison between the Elite and the Kings set. Kings set now on sale and on the new web site in the new year.
Lars - I know that you are waiting to see the DITF ELite set - this too will appear on the blog...

....Captain Howdy?
...so that is who started all this!
I was got my CussCards few days ago, after I saw the card of Sickness,
I am getting sick this few days, so I do this review so late.

is the CussCards truely Cuss people?

as JonWhite mention, I don't want repeat all the good things that have been said above.
but for my poor English, I don't know how to explain my feeling @@

if you give me one sentence to explain, I can say CussCards is one of my Treasure.
I still didn't perform it but I am sure she will alway with me later, will write more detail after I do that.

and one more point, Chris teach us how to "Buff" the cards again and how to "Age" the leather by yourself,
it isn't hard and it make your Props more Unique.

Thanks everything by Chris and alchemy-moon

Cheers,
W.D.
Looks Great!
I can not wait more to see them in stock again...
Greetings Compeers...

Back in Nov right after I read steveline's review of Alchemey Moon's Cuss Cards...I began visiting the site and reading the information posted there about the Eite Set. I really wanted a set so I began a line of communication with Chris at Alchemey Moon...and ultimatly placed my order.

I received my Elite Cuss Cards...with the fantastic aged wood box (which is an extra cost)...and began the adventure of reading the great instruction book...and learning about these very special, very authentic, and very realistic props. The Cuss Cards are the type of items that must been seen in person to be completely appreciated. These props actually look, feel, smell, and appear to be a completely authentic set of cards from the mid 1600's.

The effect and premis of the effect is not for the faint of heart...not for the presenter...nor especially for the spectator. Although for those of us who present the strange and bizarre for our audiences...the simplicity of method allows for the presenter to weave his or her story...and focus on the presentation. With the right story and presentation...you can present an effect that can quite litterally startle and leave your audience with a lifelong experince.

The Cuss Cards do the work for you in their appearance and messages...you provide the story and the atmosphere, and build a reputation as a person who has abilities mere mortals would only dream of...or run from.

I love my Cuss Cards...and have big plans for them...thank you Chris, it was a pleasure doing business with you...your products are first class, your service is first class, and I admire your imagination and ability to provide props that scare the hell out em...!

Continued Success...
I can confirm everything you said! Those Cuss Cards are state of the art!
I just heard this product has been discontinued. Does anybody know how many sets of these were made?
I would say: the last comment dates back from 6 years ago!! Why would I drop a reply here... Because 6 years in terms of IT-technology is an era... But this is not 'IT' (Information Technology)!! From our (methodological and logical point of view) perhaps... yes. But from the point of our 'poor' but beloved spectators... Ooohhh NOOOO!!! :))) And to come back to the 3 initial questions of Jake...:
1.)"You described the cards as being thicker than a normal deck of cards. What are these cards made of? Wood? I perused the alchemy moon site but didn't see anything reference the material of the cards."
-> They're made of human skin! ;) In fact: they sound 'woody'... or 'linoleum'-like... and you are afraid they would liquify between your warm fingers.

-> Ooooh yes I 'presented' (as an 'ebay'-acquisition turning out 'wrong'... Why the hell these markings are 'UNDERSIDE the box!!!') And ooooh.... they reacted when I said they shouldn't see the faces of the cards... while spreading open to them!

3) Can you comment on the authenticity of the cards? Do they really look, feel, smell like a genuine antique?
-> Ooooh YES!!! They feel/look/like REAL. But of course I choose for the Elite. Nevertheless this is something your surrounders are not aware off... And you get along with it. But really: Chris provided one hell of 'artifactum' and it HAS impact on people standing around.
[quote]On Jan 30, 2017, pilgrim wrote:
I would say: the last comment dates back from 6 years ago!! Why would I drop a reply here... Because 6 years in terms of IT-technology is an era... But this is not 'IT' (Information Technology)!! From our (methodological and logical point of view) perhaps... yes. But from the point of our 'poor' but beloved spectators... Ooohhh NOOOO!!! :))) And to come back to the 3 initial questions of Jake...:
1.)"You described the cards as being thicker than a normal deck of cards. What are these cards made of? Wood? I perused the alchemy moon site but didn't see anything reference the material of the cards."
-> They're made of human skin! ;) In fact: they sound 'woody'... or 'linoleum'-like... and you are afraid they would liquify between your warm fingers.

-> Ooooh yes I 'presented' (as an 'ebay'-acquisition turning out 'wrong'... Why the hell these markings are 'UNDERSIDE the box!!!') And ooooh.... they reacted when I said they shouldn't see the faces of the cards... while spreading open to them!

-> Ooooh YES!!! They feel/look/like REAL. But of course I choose for the Elite. Nevertheless this is something your surrounders are not aware off... And you get along with it. But really: Chris provided one hell of 'artifactum' and it HAS impact on people standing around. [/quote]

What in God's name are you talking about?
I was thinking the same thing LOL
He's giving his take on the questions posed by Jake back in the earlier part of the first page of posts.

It is nice to see this thread revived. While they are not easily obtained anymore, I find they are an incredibly strong piece of theatre. There are few people I have found who create aged items with the painstaking eye for detail as Mr. Gould. He is a true master craftsman.
David, I agree 100% about Mr. Gould's genius and craftsmanship. I have the aged version of the CC Kings and they are the best item in my rather large performance collection.
[quote]On Jan 30, 2017, David Eichler wrote:
He's giving his take on the questions posed by Jake back in the earlier part of the first page of posts.[/quote]

Yes, I know that. But one needs to make sense, right?

Chris' cuss cards are one of the best items that I have had the pleasure to own. An incredible effect and set of props. My set will go to my grave with me.
[quote]On Jan 31, 2017, afinemesh wrote:
My set will go to my grave with me. [/quote]

What a waste! Please don't punish the set for your own death. Send it to me and I will give it a new life. If you wish I can take it to the grave with me :)
Don't worry if he takes him to the tomb

1) Grave robbers

2) The Set will come to undead animation and dig itself out

3) It will actually turn the buried person into a Hound (ala HPL) demon and it will eventually come out anyway

4) Offer him $5M now

Love me ECC set!
Or 5) On the seventh full blood moon after burial,they open a portal to another future dimension & rule it's inhabitants as gods, then to return back in our time & raise the dead so they can once again grace us with they're mysterious dark presence on a 1st dewless mornings golden rays !
(sorry J, I know you were looking forward to a good nites rest....lol)
Or ya #1, we just grab the shovels.....
PM me if anyone is interested in parting with their elite set and box!
Jeez guys, I didn't mean right now!
You can't give us hope like that and then cut it short 😀
Jeez guys, I didn't mean right now! [/quote]

I know where Jorey lives.

It shouldn't be too hard to find out where he is buried after he dies.

Who's with me?
Chris Gould! Help stop the madness! How about making a few more sets???
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Jan 31, 2017 04:56PM)
[quote]On Jan 31, 2017, horus1 wrote:
Chris Gould! Help stop the madness! How about making a few more sets??? [/quote]

That, thankfully, is one thing that won't come to pass. You can still try to get a set of Kings Cuss Cards Elite, though! While it'll take some convincing to get him to make the Kings, it beats the alternative (no cards at all). I have both and, honestly, they're each very unique and special in their own way--there's nothing out there like the Kings.
[quote]On Jan 31, 2017, Al Desmond wrote:
Jeez guys, I didn't mean right now! [/quote]

I know where Jorey lives.

It shouldn't be too hard to find out where he is buried after he dies.

Who's with me? [/quote]

Et tu, Al?
[quote]On Jan 31, 2017, Pasteboard Alchemist wrote:
[quote]On Jan 31, 2017, horus1 wrote:
Chris Gould! Help stop the madness! How about making a few more sets??? [/quote]

That, thankfully, is one thing that won't come to pass. You can still try to get a set of Kings Cuss Cards Elite, though! While it'll take some convincing to get him to make the Kings, it beats the alternative (no cards at all). I have both and, honestly, they're each very unique and special in their own way--there's nothing out there like the Kings. [/quote]

I will echo the sentiments of Pasteboard Alchemist. I have seen and held the King Elites and they are a thing of beauty. Very different than my non-King CC Elites, but in no way inferior. It was a great challenge to me to hold off on purchasing a Kings Elite set when they were available (Pasteboard Alchemist implies one may still be able to procure a set from Mr. Gould?), but the very high price tag at that time held me back...it seemed too indulgent for me to have two Elite sets. Or so my wife would say. If someone were to ask her. Please don't.
I talked to Chris the other day, and there will be no more CC Elites. He will make another set or two of the Kings, but there is no release date for them as of yet. If you are on the list, Chris will contact you when they are in process. As always, the best place to find out about upcoming Alchemy Moon releases is on the New Moon Facebook page.
There is a nice collector's set available at Hocus Pocus. If you have a spare 1695 dollars 😬
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 11, 2017 09:39AM)
Yeah - I should have held a set back! It would be great if I could make that sort of money off my own stuff!

Anyway, to clear up any confusion here. The Original Elite sets were a limited edition, since I sold the last set, I have kept to my word and difficult as it is for me (considering what I have been privately offered) I will continue to keep my word. It is nice to know that just a few guys out there have something really special. Part of my legacy as I watch the setting sun!

Because there has been such a demand and because I promised that there would be no more Elite sets, I went about making an entirely different set from the Cuss Card Kings illustrations. Most people who are interested in the Kings set must already have this file:

https://www.idrive.com/idrive/sh/sh?k=v5b7j5c0s5

But there it is, if you haven't.

I am still making a few set sets of these as making the boxes is still developing and challenging my woodcarving skills. So it is still fun!
If you are thinking about a set, yeah I am still making these, at least for now. I am pretty much booked up for the next few months - but you can still contact me via email, or on the FB page - I am a friendly guy when you get to find out where I am!
I am thinking to sell my genuine cussing cards, set #15, condition new, but still do not know a fair price I will sell them.

Image at https://1drv.ms/f/s!Arr6J4rzTIxFeL93rkrlo_b2PAc
That looks absolutely fantastic...

But if you sell them... you'll be haunted forever. :-)
No blessing left ☠️
Incredible set. The Cuss Cards remain my favorite bizarre effect. Yet there are so many brilliant pieces of kit out there. . .that I own!
This is bit of silly question but a man can't have 'em all so I need to ask:
If you are thinking a "normal" stage presentation with about 50-100 audience. With that in mind, which would be better choise: The Artifactum cards or The Rogue Edition for Cussing Cards.

I know that this is a stupid question like " Which one is better, a Ferrari or a Porsche?" But if you think that especially stage a presentation in mind, which one you prefer more?

Kindest regards
G
I own both Artifactums & 4 versions of cuss cards & as much as I love my CC's ( especially my originals & king elites ) I would choose my Artifactum's in that senerio as they have much more of an infinitive quality to perform with vs the CC's.....imo.
As for impact on audience, they're both powerful but since I just recieved my Artifactums, I havent had them long enough to use them in the real world yet. But if my AA's have been as good as they've been then Artifactums will get one hell of a performance & reactions from them I can't yet imagine from spec's.
Message: Posted by: ProfessorMagicJMG (Jun 26, 2017 09:23AM)
[quote]On Jun 25, 2017, G-force wrote:
This is bit of silly question but a man can't have 'em all so I need to ask:
If you are thinking a "normal" stage presentation with about 50-100 audience. With that in mind, which would be better choise: The Artifactum cards or The Rogue Edition for Cussing Cards.

I know that this is a stupid question like " Which one is better, a Ferrari or a Porsche?" But if you think that especially stage a presentation in mind, which one you prefer more?

Kindest regards
G [/quote]

It really depends on what else is in the show, but I think that if this is a mentalism show with some bizarre flavor, Artifactum may be a little more versatile in a wider variety of situations. The imagery is very neutral and can be made to fit across a wider time frame than the cuss cards I think, which are made to look like a very specific time and cultural artifact. Also, the cuss card routine is designed to make people feel uncomfortable and put them in a moral dilemma, whereas artifactum has a wider range of emotional impact depending on how you present it.
G, not a stupid question at all. I wish people had more of these types of discussions. You could reach out to Chris he is VERY approachable. And may chime in here but an email may be best.

I love ALL of Chris's work/thinking (I can't say that about any other creator and that's not a slight to anyone) so I will try not to sing product praise.

I would not speak for Chris but I would say this from what I know of the AA on an earlier look behind the scene. I'm also a long time user of CC and some people know the CC backstory I shared on the AM forum.

The answer to your question may depend if you are just buying effects and trying to slot them into your show, and/or if it's used in the appropriate context. Ask yourself why you would use either effect. Is it's "right" for you to use in a larger venue, one on one or just a couple people.

I'm starting to recommend (after trial and error) for formal shows, script out what you want to do high level first (the arc) and then find the effects to support it. Staying true to character and context. If you do it the other way around, its a long road to hit and miss.

Those two effects/pieces are completely different.

In saying all that, I will play along to be more helpful. I would pick Cuss Cards for a stage show as the story potential is framed in showmanship (can't find a better way to say that right now). The AA is more of a "reading". I use the term loosely because it doesn't have to be framed that way. Would an audience want to see you give a "personal" reading to one person or how else how could you use it (spend time with it)? e.g. if choosing reading, how may that person feel being on stage in front of 100 people? Would it be hit and miss? What is the risk of doing this for 100 people? Anything?

Or do you think "your" audience would like to hear a creepy story and see you get burned by a spec and go to h ell?

There is no right answer from me. It depends on answering lots of questions and preparing show context first. The answer to your question will present itself, you won't have to ask it will be obvious. The better the questions you ask, the better the answer becomes. With anything in life :)

What do you know of the cuss cards? How would "you" think of using it? Start there...
I should also add the visuals/art/cards are pretty small to be 100% effective with a larger room.
^^
A Big thank you to all of you :)

It was easy to see that both 'cards' look wonderfull. And I get a deep trust that both have genius system and looots of possibilities do something new and really weird things.

But with broschures I didn't get a deep understanding how those works on parlor or in bigger stage. And how the audience will response - That's after all the most important thing.

So thank you again - now I really know how friendly and deep thinking this community is :)

Kind regards

G