(Close Window)
Topic: Magic Christmas presents
Message: Posted by: Mark Boody Illusionist (Dec 25, 2010 06:22PM)
I'm sure we all received a magic present or two this Christmas. What are your goals for 2011 & the new gifts received?

Personally I will be working on Daryl's rope routine to add to my stage act this coming year. Daryl's rope was in my stocking. I also received "Getting Your Act Together" by JOanie Spina. I will be doing some serious study & making improvements to my act to make it better!

So what are the rest of you doing with your newly acquired presents?

Mark
So hard to have lay gifters get the right thing. So, of course, I had to step in and get it myself- in this case Extractor. Looking forward to some great fun with this...
Mini Paul Fox CC from RNT2 - an upgrade from the mini cup I've been using. Handles like my full size cup. And yes, I did provide "hints" for my wife (okay, I ordered it and she wrapped it).

Happy holidays!

Hudson
I am left handed most of the time. I use my right hand for a lot of things. There are times that you must use the right hand so I learn the trick/routine that way. I do not think it is more or less difficult to learn it using one hand or the other.
I must say that even though I'm married with 2 grown children, I buy myself my own magical Christmas presents. I know what I want and need and I know where to go to buy what I want.
I guess you can say I just bought my Christmas presents. An Axtell mic-mouth and a Tommy James Comedy Christmas Wand. I wanted these items for some upcoming shows so I bought them.
By the way, both items are FANTASTIC!
Well this year I am hoping someone will uncover the meaning of the less than subtle hints I have been leaving around the house pointing toward a copy of Magic:1400-1950's.

Though I have my doubts....

Richie.
This may sound terrible but I add to my wish list on the Penquin website.
I then give the account info to my family. It is then used for Christmas, Birthday, Father's Day.
Not all but most magic sites have a wish list.

Sort of like a gift registry.