(Close Window)
Topic: Alternative to Lighter Fluid
For those effects that typically require a liquid fuel are they any alternatives that don't have that lighter fluid smell? :angry:
While I have no experience, JAC-2 fluid has been recommended in conjunction with fire wallets. Apparently it will last longer and has no smell at all, may be worth looking into.
Hi, Have you ever tried after shave or cologne?
The cheaper the better. they have a lot of alcohol with a little smell.
The flame burns smaller but works fine. The reason lighter fluid works so well is the junk that fluid is made of, because of the impuraties you get a beautiful yellow flame.
Jim
Hey Nick, what is that stuff you mentioned and do you know where it's available? THX
I use white gas (coleman fuel) less smell than lighter fluid. And it is safe!!haha (this is a joke) on the can it warns that in the state of California it has been known to cause cancer. So... if you aren't in CA then it must be safe???
[quote]
On 2002-04-22 19:31, Kent Messmer wrote:
I use white gas (coleman fuel) less smell than lighter fluid. And it is safe!!haha (this is a joke) on the can it warns that in the state of California it has been known to cause cancer. So... if you aren't in CA then it must be safe???
[/quote]

Water is listed as a human carcenogen (sp) in California! :eek: don't drink the water!
I use coleman fuel for fire eating and it hasn't done me any harm - so far!
For Fire Eating and breathing use Pure Parrafin (Kerosine if you are in the USA) and make sure it's pure. (For Fire-eating and a good time you could use alcohol, but its a wimpy flame and you'll get drunk, don't use for firebreathing due to low flash point = blowback) Other stuff will give you blow back, and/or mess up your insides, for more info check this thread on my other favourite site... rec.juggling: http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/article.php?id=<3d1cdf90$0$19904$bed64819@news.gradwell.net>&thread=&date=2002-06-30+20%3A14%3A01

As for rubber chickens, I would like to try those some day, as the live ones protested!
Jester_Juggler :clown: