(Close Window)
Topic: WPR vs. DTCM
Guys,

You have competition in the form of GUY PORTLOCK

He's been reviewing magic tricks left, right and centre.

If you don't raise your game he's going to be taking over your position as 'No 1 Vblog magic reviewer/s in the UK'.

Here's an example of Guy in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYjfDoAmKlg&feature=related
I don't see it as much of a competition as another view on different products. Guy is a very nice person and his reviews are great. Wish more people knew about his reviews!

His review of Bullet Party just made me even more excited.
[quote]
On 2011-02-17 14:40, crestfallenLyric wrote:
Guy is a very nice person and his reviews are great. Wish more people knew about his reviews!
[/quote]
Now they will :-)

No need to thank me for bringing Guy to the attention of the magic community. He deserves to be given a wider audience.

I wonder how Craig and David will react to this newcomer?
I have seen some of his reviews but I prefer craig and david because they are in my humble opinion way more entertaining.
Eh, he just doesn't do it for me. Craig and Dave are much more entertaining and are usually spot on with their reviews. Except for Universal Impression but hey no one's perfect...
Looks like Craig and David are ahead by two votes to one so far.
Im in favor of Craig & Dave's reviews. now its 3 - 1
1 more vote for Craig & Dave , sorry dude :(
But,in my point of view it's not a competition and is also good to see different products and opinions :)
Wow, 4 votes to 1.

Craig and David are ahead by a convincing majority so far.

Guy, you'd best rally the troops if you are to stand a chance of winning this one.
I put my vote on the wizard product review review! 4 - 1 - 1
I like him and his manner.

His production values aren't as good as C&D's IMHO, and I miss the by-play you get from having two of them together.
I'll now be tuning in to Guy as well. It's always nice to read/watch more than one informed opinion. Thanks for sharing this.
It's always nice to have another opinion and another option for buying magic... but I too prefer Craig and David. Guy's accent is a bit thick at times and difficult to understand. On the one hand that is appealing for diversity, on the other hand it makes it difficult to get the information across.
Hey thanks for pointing this out to me - I've never heard of it before.

They seem to be a good way to get another opinion and Guy seems to know what he's talking about. Dave and I try to make to show as much of an entertainment show as a review show which DTCM doesn't seem to do but that's not a problem

Thanks again

Craig
I think Guy at DTCM is an excellent reviewer. I've been watching his reviews since they began. Although I do enjoy watching WPR, I think Guy gives more thorough and unbiased reviews but that is just me. He puts into consideration the strength of the trick and views for both a worker and hobbiest a lot of times.
In the end it is nice having both review shows. If you really want to cast votes, my vote goes for DougNicols-akirafist.
[quote]
On 2011-02-17 17:50, Kaliix wrote:
Eh, he just doesn't do it for me. Craig and Dave are much more entertaining and are usually spot on with their reviews. Except for Universal Impression but hey no one's perfect...
[/quote]

psypher is the one that they were reaaaaaaaaaaally off
it is a great product and the routines you could do with it are priceless
it even seems like they were trying to bash it no matter what.. I don't know why. thought..
maybe b smith should send them a case of beer to get a 100% review..

I still love WPR is an awesome show, and I love that is 30minutes now
I can watch WPR for 30 min, I can watch Guy for about 2 min. Lol they don't even compare, but it's nice to have a different opinion.
[quote]
On 2011-02-22 07:42, Craig Petty wrote:
Dave and I try to make to show as much of an entertainment show as a review show which DTCM doesn't seem to do
[/quote]
Oh I say! Professional jealousy perhaps?

Come on Guy, don't be shy, what do you think of Craig and David's show?

It's only fair you should have a chance to respond.
Trying to stir things Andi?

Nothing wrong with DTCM but they are a straight up review show - there is nothing wrong with that.

Craig
[quote]
On 2011-02-17 13:28, Andi Peters wrote:
Guys,

GUY PORTLOCK

He's going to be taking over the UK'.
[/quote]

Andi, the above is what happens when you fail to quote people correctly by editing out words and or sentences from their original post.

Stirring it up by quoting people out of context is not clever. However the above is my example of your game playing.
Jim

:stircoffee:
[quote]
On 2011-02-17 14:45, Andi Peters wrote:
more people need to thank me for bringing Guy to the attention of the magic community. [/quote]

endless fun

Jim

:rotf: :clown:
Guy didn't even mention Justin Miller or B Smith. How can his reviews be trusted?
[quote]
On 2011-02-26 07:40, Jaz2005 wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-02-17 14:45, Andi Peters wrote:
more people need to thank me for bringing Guy to the attention of the magic community. [/quote]

endless fun

Jim

:rotf: :clown:
[/quote]
Rather than make fun of me you should be thanking me for continuing to keep discussion about WPR (and its competitors) ongoing.

After all, let's not forget WPR is a social media marketing exercise with the objective to engage current and potential customers with the worldmagicshop.com brand.

Have you read CRM at the speed of light? http://www.amazon.com/CRM-Speed-Light-Fourth-Strategies/dp/0071590455/ref=pd_sim_b_1

It will provide you with ideas of how to gain even more momentum off the back of your efforts so far.

The advice I offer here is free, normally I charge :-)
[quote]
On 2011-02-26 08:04, Andi Peters wrote:
more people need to thank me for continuing to keep discussion about WPR (and its competitors) ongoing. at the speed of light?
let's not forget I normally I charge :)
[/quote]

You miss the point Andi this forum is headed "The Wizard Product Review by Craig Petty and David Penn" The sub threads are not meant as promotional tools for DTCM TV or Guy Portlock. Really strange how following your post of a link to one of his video reviews, the views number for that clip have shot up from the usually low hundreds to the now low thousands. This is really on the back of the Wizard Product Review and people from this forum clicking the link to see what you were on about. It has done absolutely nothing to forward the Wizard Product Review.

Therefore please don't pretend that you are trying to promote our show when it is clear that your promotion efforts are soley to benefit DTCM TV. I have great respect for Mike at DTCM but I have no respect for you trying to stir things up by quoting Craig out of Context.

Jim
:clownonball: :ventriloquist:
As I say, read the book I mentioned and you'll see how and why you benefit from these ongoing discussions.
Thanks Andi
Hope you enjoyed my little bit of Saturday afternoon fun. It help break up the weekend.
Jim
Well I don't see that Craig & David have any thing to worry about - couldn't watch 30 min. of that !!
Looks like Craig and David win.

Unlucky Guy.