(Close Window)
Topic: I AM Robert Burns!!!
This is a message for all Sassenachs.
I will be invading your country on March the 20th of this year. I am there for 9 days but may stay up to 14 days if the English are pleasant.
Several of your peoples have asked me to come and visit them (for money, I just love your big English pennies!), because they neither find any of you funny or entertaining (their words, not mine).
Anyway, I will be based in and around Hampshire, doing a bit of hypno, a tad of close-up magic and some mind-coaching for pro-golfers in The New Forest (Built by The French and The Scots).
If any of you are free and might wish to break bread with me do feel free to call me (if you have my number) or PM me in here and we might spend a few pleasant hours together. If any of you have a huge feather and grapes do bring them along as I like to fe fanned whilst I eat.

Yours aye
Robert Burns (42nd cousin, twice removed)
Will call
Will accept
Sassenachs? You mean Lowland Scots Bob? Or Saxons? Personally I have Celtic roots. ;-) Devon's to far from Hampshire but, if you are ever down this way.
Thanks Jon, Sometime this year perhaps. I'm actually going to be in Bridport that particular week doing a birthday party. Is that near you?
Quick men! To Hadrian's wall with our pointy sticks to stop the invasion!

We haven't forgiven you for Susan Boyle yet! (And the less said about The Krankies and The Proclaimers the better!)
I always hated The Proclaimers until 500 Miles came out. If you talk to anyone whose been anywhere in Scotland they'll tell you that when this is sung by anyone the place erupts. Everybody starts marching and punching the air... including me now!
Then afterwards we sing something Englishy to bring us back down like....Willow Tit Willow.
I used to know the drummer.
My fave was always Flower of Scotland, amazing how that feels when you are full of whiskey. It almost made want to be Scottish instead of an immigrant. But then Land of Hope and Glory pulled me back.

Bridport is closer, bout 45 -50 minutes away, very east almost Dorset. It's on the Jurassic coast so watch out for the dinosaurs.