(Close Window)
Topic: Modern art - how hard to build
Hmmm, the title pretty much sums it up... .

I haven't looked at the plans lately, and will be digging out the book when I get off the computer.

But for those who have built a modern art, how would you rate building the prop? hard? easy? or probably somewhere in between?

thanks

-scott
I don't think any Illusion should be easy to build. You should take your time and put as much craftsmanship into it as you can. That being said, as Stage Illusions go the Modern Art is not that difficult of a build.
Eldon, thanks. I feel the same way about about the time and craftsmanship.
I think it is around 2 to 3 times harder than Zig Zag, because Zig Zag is square and Modern Art has those angled sides, top and table curves.
Modern Art involves the cutting and fitting of curved sheet metal and some angle cuts of plywood, but it is not at all impossible. Other than that, the construction is pretty much straightforward, if you have experience in cabinetry. For me, it was a fun project.
Thanks again for the replys guys.

I did dig out my modern art book... shouldn't be too hard. Except, the idea I have is a bit more complicated than a standard MA. But may not be too much more difficult. I just need to decide if the changes are necessarily good changes, and not just changes for the sake of changing... I think that made sense??? lol.
[quote]
On 2011-02-21 11:42, sb wrote:

I did dig out my modern art book... shouldn't be too hard. Except, the idea I have is a bit more complicated than a standard MA. But may not be too much more difficult. I just need to decide if the changes are necessarily good changes, and not just changes for the sake of changing... I think that made sense??? lol.
[/quote]

Can you share what you want to change??
[quote]
On 2011-02-21 11:42, sb wrote:

[/quote]

Not saying that there are not some changes that can be made, but this is a proven, well-thought-out illusion. Just make sure that what you are considering is truly an improvement, and not just something different for the sake of being different...
Exactly what I thought!

;)
There is another thread on here somewhere of someone who had built this. They posted progress pictures and commentary. You might want to check that thread out.....