(Close Window)
Topic: Busker's Festival
There's a buskers festival in Ottawa Canada over this long weekend. Is anyone here performing? Just wondering, if you are i'll be there most of the time as a spectator. (I don't do busking)
There's also one going on in Halifax, Nova Scotia (where I am). Ours lasts a week though.
It's always lots of fun.
-Vincenzo
There was one in Chicago, it really sucked.
When was the one in Chicago? And why did it suck? I would have loved to have seen it for myself, anyway.
:bikes:
The crowds we're, well not crowds! The average audience was 10-15 people. They asigned spots to each performer and you would be doing magic for 10 kids, 3 adults and a guy who wasn't completely there. The mike setup was sucky at best. The tips we're horrible. But besides that, I made a few friends.
I went to one in Denver, Colorado last year. It was great, I absolutely loved it! Didn't get to go this year though. :pout:

Busking is definitely a goal of mine. I think preformers that take a corner on the street at a special event are truly brave people. Its hard to do, So many weird people that could be in the audience.

I've got a gig coming up in September at a local park. Me and my buddy are going to busk the heck out of it! We did it last year and had a great time. Owner asked us back this year. Wish me luck!