(Close Window)
Topic: everyday coin magic
What coin magic does anyone find themselves doing for everyday people and not Paid audiences?

I saw Mike Close do a trick on his new videos with 2 dimes that look pretty good,.

Also does anyone not use half dollars anymore in everyday perfomances because of their uncommoness.
Greg Wilson has published some wonderful impromptu routines using change that real people carry with them, so that everything can be borrowed. I find myself doing "3/4 Across" and "A Questionable Trick" taught on his video On The Spot.

:coffee:

Cheers!
I'll do Daryl's "Elbow, Knee & Neck" ("Spectacle", Stephen Minch) with half dollars but I hand them out for examination at the beginning of the routine. Most adults and teens have seen half dollars, they just might not own any unless they're coin collectors.

In an impromptu situation, I'll probably do Tenkai's "Two Penny Trick" (a.k.a. "Tenkai Pennies" in Bobo's "New Modern Coin Magic"). It's a great one-on-one trick since you must control the angles.
I've got a little thing I do with 16 cents. It's sort of my own take on "Hopping Halves", except I use a Dime, Penny and Nickel. Remove one, still have 16 cents, remove another still have 16 cents, remove another they are all gone!

I'm sure you guys can figure this one out.

Duke :magicrabbit:
Hi.

Coins are very good for impromptu use. Actually, I do not like too much Euro coins (current money in Europe now) because they are quite small. The 2 Euro coin is the largest, but still small in my opinion.

Anyhow, a short list of trick that may be performed:

- coins through table (if you are sitting at the pub - you do not need even an extra coin)
- coins across (well... in the version I use - Chris Kenner's one - I need an extra coin, even if when it is not impromptu I use half dollars and a shell, which gets it much cleaner)
- appearing/disappearing coins in all possible ways.....

and so on....

Have you seen the Marucci's Scotch and Soda version? To be added to the list!

It would be nice for me to sit down and try to write a coin routine totally impromptu. If nobody has already done it...

Cheers
Stefano Mambretti
For a great coins thru the table you can do while standing with no extra coin, check out the one Michael Ammar does on his Easy to Master Money Miracles Series utilizing the Mike Gallo kicker ending.

I use this all the time.

Dan
Here are mine:

-Coin through pants
-Simple (4) coins
-Yank Hoe (4 coins assembly)
-Two-card Reverse Matrix by M. Rubinstein
-Motile by J.B. Bobo
-Okito with single coin
-Coin through handkerchief/Expansion of Texture
-Spectator coins by J.B. Bobo
-ExTROYdinary