(Close Window)
Topic: MOAB 2.0 Reverse Book Test Offer
As you may know, the new MOAB 2.0 has incorporated into it my Reverse Book Test. What is a reverse book test?

Book Test: Spectator selects a random word in a book. Mentalist divines it.
Reverse Book Test: Mentalist selects a random word in a book. Spectator divines it.

It's that simple. There is no stooging (instant or otherwise) involved, pre-show work, electronics, etc. It's all in the MOAB 2.0.

With Ted Karmilovich's blessing, I would like to offer purchasers of MOAB 2.0 my personal routine with detailed instructions and performance tips. These will be incorporated into a future version of the instruction manual, but Ted and I would like all purchasers of MOAB 2.0 to have it now. There is no charge.

Please note that the RBT does not work with the original MOAB, only version 2.0.

To receive a PDF of the Reverse Book Test performance instructions and tips, please e-mail me proof of ownership of MOAB 2.0. In your e-mail tell me the first word on page 9 of the book and the boldfaced headline at the top of page 9 of the MOAB 2.0 instruction manual. E-mail me at moabrbt@me.com.

Personal note: If I send you this, I am trusting you not to share it with people who have not purchased MOAB 2.0. You have invested a considerable sum of money in the MOAB 2.0. You will have a remarkably clean spectator-as-mindreader effect that other mentalists will not be able to perform. Why would you give that away?

Bob
This is very generous of you, Bob!
I'm waiting for mine to arrive -- then I'll be sure to PM you! Thanks Bob!!
Mr. M:

Rather than PM, please e-mail me at moabrbt@me.com.

Thanks.

Bob
Wow! Count me in!
The instructions and subtleties in Bob's routine are wonderful!

His Reverse Book Test is a real favorite among the new highlights of MOAB 2.0.

Thanks again Bob for sharing.

Many performers will kill with this routine...it is so good.
Got my MOAB 2 yesterday and had the evening to absorb all of the new possibilities. And then Bob sent me his performance tips for his Reverse Book Test routine. The routine itself is covered in the MOAB 2 instructions, but Bob details so many of the subtitles and tips he's learned over the years of performing this version -- and it really is terrific. You'd be crazy to not take him up on this free offer! I'm excited to incorporate this into my routine. Thanks Bob.
...Just one word...
The correct e-mail adress is

moabrbt@me.com

... without "dot" after com...

Kindest regards
Stefan
This is an incredibly generous offer. If you have MOAB 2.0 and like Bob's Reverse Book Test idea (and why would you not?) these presentation notes are really helpful. Its attention to detail such as this that lifts a performance into awesome-class.

Cheers Bob.
Just a little "moving up" post to let those of you who are just receiving your books that the offer still stands.

Bob
Bob I do a similar routine as the one you suggested. The difference is that I bring 3 people on stage. Two of them look at a word in the book and the 3rd person begins to read one of their minds and has no idea how he did it. The reactions are great and the guy who reads the other person's mind always talks about it.
Thank you:
[quote]
On 2011-02-25 18:36, Benji Bruce wrote:
Bob I do a similar routine as the one you suggested. The difference is that I bring 3 people on stage. Two of them look at a word in the book and the 3rd person begins to read one of their minds and has no idea how he did it. The reactions are great and the guy who reads the other person's mind always talks about it.
[/quote]

Sounds very good, indeed!

B
Thanks to all of you who requested the performance tips for the Reverse Book Test. Your private comments to me have been very kind!

Bob
Thank you, Bob, for your wonderful offering. I'm excited to get this mastered and try it out.
This is an offer you can't refuse! Very very clever. I was already very happy with the original instructions, but the tips offerd here are pure gold. Thank you very much for sharing this Bob.
Kind offer and well worth taking advantage of.
This provides a logical and compelling second or 'next' phase to a MOAB presentation.

Many thanks!

e
Thanks, Bob. Wonderful tips for a brilliant routine!

Allan
Sent you an email, Bob. Thanks so much for your kind and generous offer.

Jonathan
Received, Jonathan. RBT on its way to you!.

Bob
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Mar 16, 2011 08:23PM)
Bob, you got a PM... :)
As did you!
[quote]
On 2011-03-09 16:55, Eric Samuels wrote:
Kind offer and well worth taking advantage of.
This provides a logical and compelling second or 'next' phase to a MOAB presentation.

Many thanks!

e
[/quote]

I don't have either of the two. But by just the description that does sound like a great way to present it as a next phase to MOAB.

Performer might say "now I would like to teach you how to this." or "Now I will send you the thought."

It does sound like an excellent addition to MOAB.
Thank you Bob so much for sending me your routine.
It adds a clever touch to Ted's book.
Bob,

Too late to take advantage of the offer?
Would this work with MOABT Pocket Edition?
[quote]
On 2013-11-12 22:08, twistedace wrote:
[/quote]

He clearly stated it only works with 2.0
pocket is not 2.0
[quote]
On 2013-11-13 07:32, the Sponge wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-11-12 22:08, twistedace wrote:
[/quote]

He clearly stated it only works with 2.0
pocket is not 2.0
[/quote]

As it was stated before pocket was released, it's not as clear as you say. I was wondering the same thing initially.
No, it's clear.

Pocket is the same as original only smaller.
It is clear. I missed it.
Thanks for the clarification re Pocket vs 2.0. I was just getting ready to purchase pocket instead thinking it was 2.0. Now I'm thinking I'll get pocket and 2.0 instead. Thanks again!
Pocket is phenomenal.