(Close Window)
Topic: New book: The World of Children's Magic
I wanted to let everyone know that Practical Magic, from England, has just published a great new book of kids magic. In it are 60 different magic routines from magicians from around the world, most of whom you will know. Besides me, there are also Ken Scott, Mike Bent, Jozo Bozo, Paul Daniels, David Ginn, Terry Herbert, John Kimmons, Duane Laflin, Trevor Lewis, Barry Mitchell, and many more.

The best part is that the project is totally for charity. All profits go to a worldwide charity for children. So treat yourself to great magic, and help kids around the world.

The book is available only at Practical Magic. This way all the retail profits go to the charity.

http://www.practical-magic.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=740&category_id=13&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26
Thank you for this book and for giving back to society. Just ordered 2,

Francis
Ohh I am in it as well. that's why they are having trouble closing the covers. lol.
I got mine from Blackpool. It is a fantastic book, with some awsome effects in it.
This is a must for all Kid Show Entertainers.
Get your NOW!!!!
Got mine!
Also see MagicCafe postings at http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=399398&forum=17&29

This gives options to peek inside and more details of this book.

John
And Practical Magic is just as great, was told by them that they have sent out my books!

Francis
Do not miss out on this book. In my humble opinion it has to be one of the most comprehensive books written on Children's Magic.
I opened the book on Mike Bent's 'A bribe for Santa' - this one routine is worth the price of the book alone!
Is this going to be coming to any shops in the United States?
For us Americans, the price is a bit steep with the currency conversion. But the quality and quantity of children's magicians who contributed makes it too good to pass up. I just ordered a copy.
Totally honored to ask to be apart of this amazing book. I have seen the early parts of the book but looking forward to seeing the final.

Ken
I just orders my book today. Thanks for the heads up David. I'm assuming your Silly Billy aka David Kaye. I'm sure everyone here knows how amazing your childrens performing book is. It's one of my favorite top shelve books, "Seriously Silly" by David Kaye. A must own book!
Thank you. Glad you like Seriously Silly. Yes, that's me. David Kaye = Silly Billy

And I am glad people are ordering this new book. It's full of great, professional routines.

It wont be available from any US dealer or anyone other than Practical Magic. This is to make sure the profits from the book go to the charity. It is not a "practical" a method of distribution, but it makes sense as far as getting the money to charity.
Also David thank you for making the Clown Summit an awesome experience with your interview on clowning. I hope you will share more of your wisdom on childrens entertainment here on the magic Café. You should be a VIP here not just a new user. Your contribution to the magic and clowning community has been influential on many of us, including myself. Thanks again for sharing.
David - You missed a name off - Little me!!
It really is a great book, and all in a good cause
Just ordered mine! looks great, and I agree Julie all in a good cause!
Message: Posted by: themagiciansapprentice (Mar 1, 2011 01:40PM)
Got mine and am now starting to make the tricks ... and writing my own patter to fit my personality.
I just got my copy today and already see two things that I like a lot and I just flipping through the pages.

Great book!
Just got mine today. Off to read it in the bath. (Too much information?)
I am so anxious to get my copy, I am pretty sure I can add something for my show, if at least I get one triggering idea 30£ is a bargain, and at he same time helping a kids charity!
Just ordered. Magic and childrens charity...how can you possibly pass this up? Worth every penny. Very excited to get this.

Mike :)
This looks great for any kid magicians.....will be ordering my copy tomorrow.
:)
Potty, welcome back mate
Hi, great book, I received it today in Spain, I am enjoying a lot reading it and learning a lot too.
Thanks David
I just ordered mine!
Just got my 2 books. Great stuff.

We need more to buy for a worthy cause.

Francis
[quote]
On 2011-02-25 15:58, LMLipman wrote:
For us Americans, the price is a bit steep with the currency conversion. But the quality and quantity of children's magicians who contributed makes it too good to pass up. I just ordered a copy.
[/quote]
Well, it took a month, but the book arrived today. I've only glanced through it, but it looks extremely promising. There's been a lot of talk in this forum about what tricks to do for kids' shows; I'd say if you just mastered 10 percent of the nearly 60 tricks in this book, you would have a very solid show. The contributors are some of the biggest names in children's magic; one trick per magician. Each routine has either an illustration or a photograph.

Since David Kaye (Silly Billy) is the one who first notified us about the book, and I bought it largely on his recommendation, I wanted to see what he contributed. I was happy to see it was his take an a trick I currently do--What's Next? I only do the trick for ages 7 and older now, but I can easily see using David's approach and making it a trick that even 4 and 5 year olds would enjoy.

Besides David, there are routines by a lot of folk who are regular contributors to this forum, and some, like Ali Bongo, who live on in memory--and whose contribution should be treasured.

I think I'm going to be very satisfied with this book. Now I need to get busy and start going through it in detail. Thanks, David, for recommending it.
I just got my book. It was well worth the wait. It took about a month to arrive. Ir has an interesting comedy balloon bit where you inflate a balloon with your ear. A great magic drawing board routine. I just got the book so I need to read more of it before I can review it but so far it looks great.
[quote]
On 2011-02-25 15:58, LMLipman wrote:
[/quote]

Interesting comment about the price. By today's conversion, 30 GBP = 48 USD. And at Hank Lee's, Seriously Silly goes for 50 USD.

Looks about right to me.

John
[quote]
On 2011-02-26 01:45, David Kaye wrote:
Thank you. Glad you like Seriously Silly. Yes, that's me. David Kaye = Silly Billy

And I am glad people are ordering this new book. It's full of great, professional routines.

It wont be available from any US dealer or anyone other than Practical Magic. This is to make sure the profits from the book go to the charity. It is not a "practical" a method of distribution, but it makes sense as far as getting the money to charity.
[/quote]
Well the distributer could prepay the 'charity payment'........ how do you think H.L. would respond to that proposition?