(Close Window)
Topic: Secret formula
Anybody know the secret formula for faux bird crap for a comedy routine? thank you.

Jim
Piece of crumbled paper if you are speaking of landing on the floor.
If you are going to wipe the poo on your jacket and it needs to be visible then I suggest you get a bottle of good old “yeoman’s blood”. Of course if you weren’t in the navy in the days before computers (days of using typewriters) you probably don’t know that it is what “liquid paper” was called. You know that stuff you painted over a typing mistake. It has a nice consistency, shows well on a dark color,dries fast, and washes off with a damp sponge.
Johnny Thompson does.

Richard
White out? Really, Harry? It's not going to destroy my jacket? Okay, it that's what Thompson uses. Wonder if staples still has it.

Jim
As the story I heard, white out was invented by a lady that need to find a way to correct her mistakes without starting all over when typing on a typing machine. It is said she originally used poster paint. Poster paint is a water soluble material. As with any product, you would have to experiment, as some material that says dry clean only may be affected differently, or have to be cleaned differently.

I looked it up, it is a "Bic" product now, and is sold at Staples stores. It now uses a naptha thinner (finger nail polish) fluid, so it may work with dry cleanable cloths as well.
I wonder if a tempra paint might work as well? And which would be easier on the jacket?

Jim
How about a thin mixture of flour and water?
Flour and water sounds good. I'm going to experiment. I've got to find a little squeeze bottle too.

Jim
[quote]
On 2011-02-27 08:47, wmhegbli wrote:
As the story I heard, white out was invented by a lady that need to find a way to correct her mistakes without starting all over when typing on a typing machine. It is said she originally used poster paint. Poster paint is a water soluble material. As with any product, you would have to experiment, as some material that says dry clean only may be affected differently, or have to be cleaned differently.

I looked it up, it is a "Bic" product now, and is sold at Staples stores. It now uses a naptha thinner (finger nail polish) fluid, so it may work with dry cleanable cloths as well.
[/quote]

Invented by Bette Nesmith (mother of Mike Nesmith from The Monkees).
Sorry wrong post
I can't believe no one has mentioned watered down tooth paste. Just add in a little cracked pepper and you're good to go.
[quote]
On 2011-02-27 08:47, wmhegbli wrote:

[/quote]

That lady was the mother of Michael Nesmith (the creative mind behind The Monkees among other projects) and that invention is the reason hes been able to be an artist all his life.

Edit: Aw someone else beat me to it