(Close Window)
Topic: I see London, I see France....
I'll probably see someone's underpants as I'll also be going to Amsterdam. :O)

Anyone recommend some good magic shops in London?

Thanks in advance
C
Davenports is mandatory. It's old, dark and dusty... Smells like pee outside and will most likely be manned by a young guy that thinks he knows everything.
When I was in London a decade ago, I stumbled across a small magic shop just outside and across the road from the main entrance of the British Museum. I think it was on a corner. If you are near the museum, check it out. There was also a good pub across the street from the museum.

If you are there, you might as well wander inside the museum itself and check this out:

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/highlight_objects/pe_mla/d/dr_dees_magic.aspx
And I guess there is this one:

http://www.internationalmagic.com/

Can't vouch for it, though. But if it actually runs that conference it advertises, it must have something going on.
I think balducci was thinking of Davenport's old place near the British Museum. They've since moved to a hole in the wall that's hard to find, in one of the tube stations. Yeah, it was pretty disappointing.
[quote]
On 2011-03-16 23:55, Chrystal wrote:
I'll probably see someone's underpants as I'll also be going to Amsterdam. :O)

Thanks in advance
C
[/quote]Oh yeah!
[quote]
On 2011-03-17 00:12, balducci wrote:
And I guess there is this one:

http://www.internationalmagic.com/

Can't vouch for it, though. But if it actually runs that conference it advertises, it must have something going on.
[/quote]

It has Jerry Sadowitz behind the counter... don't know how often he's there though.
Thanks everyone!

Oh Davenports! Always wanted to go there so I will probably check it out as well as the other listed. Thanks so much!

C
OK Amsterdam... do you mean magic shops or magic brownie shops?
How come everyone ask that when they find out I'm also going to Amsterdam? Ha Ha

I'm looking forward to visting Holland as I've got a special invite to a magic meeting..don't think they serve brownies.

Today, I spent the day walking around London aimlessly (without a map!) Just thought I'd be adventurous and see where I'd end up, and when I got tired I'd hail a cab. 8 hours later - it was a 45 min drive to my hotel! I was miles away! Must be all that dog walking I do at home with my 4 extra large dogs that I hadn't noticed how far I actually walked.
I can only handle being adventurous that one time..I now have net access and GPS again!
You should tell them more people will come if they serve brownies. It's Garfield's economic law of free chocolate.