(Close Window)
Topic: Mind Veil
Looking for 5 reviewers.

PM me if interested.
PM sent - thanks, in advance.

Cheers,

J.Warrens
J - would you like me to post my thoughts here?
Well, here goes.

First of all, thanks J. for sending this through. :)

I tried this out on my girl and it worked wonderfully on her. I can see this as being a useful tool in real performances.

The type of notebook required is not hard to find - I happened to have one sitting right there on my desk when I opened the email with this effect.

It looks very clean, and is very straight-forward.

While I have a rather extensive mentalism library, I can't recall seeing this before, even though J. claims the basic idea is not new.

I think a lot of guys will enjoy, and actually use this.

I'd also like to say that he's a super nice gentlemen to boot, even offering to help design the cover for my new book, and he also sent me a copy of his "Lie-brary" which I am about to check out right now. :)

Thanks, J. I'll post some more on this after I try it out a bit more.

Cheers,

J.Warrens
Face your spectator and ask him or her to draw something in a notepad while you hold it without looking. You close it, put it away and can immediately reveal the drawing. No gimmicks, no impression devices, nothing—just a notepad that you can easily get and a marker.

Very clean and direct as mind reading should be!

Mind Veil is a very powerful tool that you will carry with you all the time!

Mind Veil is now available as an instant download.

:)
J., the signature at the bottom of your posts doesn't work: it's not a link and it has a ; where it should have a :

http://www.mentalshockproductions.com/ is the right one. The effect looks interesting, where are the other reviews?
Apparently everyone else is lazy - or they haven't gone through it yet.

I tried it out a few more times - it's good. It's such a quick bit, doesn't look like you did anything! Fooled the **** out of a couple people hard with it so far. It's very nice. No gaffs, or alteration required either.

And for those who haven't checked out J's "Liebrary" yet - it's also very good. Been having lots of fun playing with this one. Something about the book test in a pdf format really appeals to me.

Cheers,

J.Warrens
[quote]
On 2011-04-05 03:38, Zebaztian wrote:
J., the signature at the bottom of your posts doesn't work: it's not a link and it has a ; where it should have a :

http://www.mentalshockproductions.com/ is the right one. The effect looks interesting, where are the other reviews?
[/quote]

Thanks for leting me know about the link! It is now fixed.

Here you have a review by Blindside785:

I was one of the five to get a review of this, and I'm glad I did. I use a few peeks when I do mentalism and this interested me right away when I opened the pdf. It's 3 pages, so this doesn't deserve a HUGE review.

This does not use a ORIGINAL method/principle for mentalist but J.Prager gives a nice method and peek that I think is worth trying. I will be using this. The peek is smooth and simple and within the grasp of any conjurer/mentalist. There is a unlisted Youtube link provided within the PDF that will show you the peek in motion. Smooth.

There is a gimmick that you can buy for very cheap and he provides what store you can get it at. No construction needed which is a plus. The handling is what makes this fly.

I do want to add there is no bias towards this review. I don't know him in anyway, I just got to review it. And I approve of it. I've been looking for a nice peek and this is my cup of tea.

Cheers.
How different is this from Richard Busch's MEMOrable notepad peek?
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Apr 5, 2011 09:04AM)
And the mirror on the wall sees my smile and fades again...
...and give me something to believe in!

ahem...
[quote]
On 2011-04-05 09:12, Ony Carcamo wrote:
[/quote]
I don't know but if you want to discuss methods, it would be better to do it in "Inner Thoughts".

I have posted my review of "Mind Veil" in the reviews section:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=410639&forum=159&1
[quote]
On 2011-04-05 09:12, Ony Carcamo wrote:
[/quote]

100% different handling and method.

If you have any questions involving methods feel free to send me a PM.
I've just PMd you. Thanks.
I have just seen this and like it a lot - very simple, very direct and with quite a few possibilities. I will certainly be using this. I also have Richard Busch's MEMOrable notepad effect and the two are totally different.

I'll be adding some thoughts to Inner Thoughts a little later but in the interests of disclosure, I was lucky enough to be sent a free copy.
May one think badly of José because of his very first release and the problems with crediting, but he is a very creative young mentalist who comes up with solid thinking and good effects. So again with his latest release "Mind veil".

As "Blindside785" said the peek is very simple and smooth. This looks very natural in handling and adds great to the toolbox of mentalists who did not already have established a useful pad peek.

Personally I would not use it as I already have a basic peek that works perfectly for me and is invisible for the people I do it for. So why to reinvent the wheel??? Nevertheless it is worth to give Josés idea a try!
My review has been posted in the reviews section here- http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=410639&forum=159&2

Cheers.
An interesting and workable method.

I can see this working very well in a casual and informal performance.
All,

I just bought Mind Veil, and altbough it is only 3 pages long, let me tell you that it seems like it could be easy to pickup and perform.

I need to by the necessary materials to make this work and then I'm set.

J Prager sure knows how to hit the spot with the correct mentalism tools.

Nice drawing duplication method.

Thanks

Alex
Just popped for it due to the reviews. I think it is very difficult to clear away the clutter from a method, to get to its essence. This one is all essence. Do it and it's done. That quick.

I don't have that much knowledge of the dozens of pads out there...but the only one I've ever found this quick and easy to peek is First Impressions, which is no longer available. Praeger's advantage is no prep, little get ready, repeatability and nothing gimmicked. The gaff is intrinsic.

I'd say a very well spent $9 on my part. A very good release on his part.

The clear and concise instructions include a vid link. If you need this or are looking for a quick and easy DD, word revelation or etc., I doubt you'll be disappointed.
I've finally had a chance to look over MIND VEIL and I'M REALLY DISAPPOINTED.

Disappointed because all the good things I want to say about it have already been said by those who checked it out before me. All of them are true. Once more José has given us a slap-your-head-and scream-why-didn't-I-think-of-that effect. José's genius, of course, is that he DID think of i!

José is a KISS Master--Keep It Simple, Stupid, so you can concentrate on your presentation, the thing that makes you a mentalist. No first do A, then B ... and here at V, you double-fold your right leg around your left elbow and open the envelope with you big toe, but try not to make it obvious , , , , Instead he gives us A. That's it. A. Just A. B is perform it in your own unique way. And C? C is help them close their mouths that have dropped open in amazement.

I wondered how José would follow-up his brilliant LIEBRARY and now I know and it's every bit the worthy successor. Two or three more effects and he'll have given us a complete set of tools for a full impromptu mentalism act. Don't be deceived by $9 for 3 pages--it's a steal. If he could have gotten it down to 2 pages, he could have charged $20 or more. He appreciates that less is more and once you go through MIND VEIL, you will too.

This is something I'll have with me for those inevitable moment's notice moments. And believe me--if I can do it, you can do it. You're going to love it. More importantly, you're going to use it.

José has had some initial rough moments here at the Café, so it's great to see how he came through them and showed all of us what manner of man he really is. Besides being ultra-creative, he's generous with both his time and talents.

Now I eagerly await his next offering. I just hope I won't be disappointed again.
I've gone over the pdf and would like to ask a question or two to those of you who've bought this too. I've emailed Prager the questions too, but would also like to hear what some of you have to say as well; please PM me if you don't mind chatting about this, as I wouldn't want to randomly bother you folks! :)
I've had time to chick this out...the PDF is only a few pages and well explained.

The method is very usable and deceptive, and I've not seen it employed before.

I didn't like the handling as described, but Mind Guerrilla above has solved that problem nicely.

The pads necessary are readily available, I had a 3 pack already in my office that I picked up some time ago
at a dollar store.

Nice work Jose!

Paul
Well since others are posting their thoughts within this thread I thought I'd copy and paste my review here aswell.

Mind Veil by J. Prager

Available- http://www.mentalshockproductions.com/

Price- $9

Before going any further I will say that I got my copy for free, but I don't believe this has swayed my view as to how I feel about this release.

What you get- A 3 page pdf manuscript which contains various photos along with the explanation aswell as a link to a video clip showing the Peek in action.
Though short at only 3 pages, this is actually more than enough to fully explain the concept and you will be left with no doubt as to how to use this. Everything is well explained and the photos are clear... also the title page (cover) is brill, crazy stuff, I love the covers of his work.

What is Mind Veil?- Basically this is a peek device, though their is no actual gimmick as J. Prager has come upon an item with certain characteristics that when combined with his methodolody/handling allows for a completely normal pad one moment and a peek device the next... there's nothing to hide as the pad is normal.

My initial thoughts- Upon first learning this I had mixed feelings, first I thought it was very clever and sneaky, but at the same time I felt that the need to hold the item whilst they write/draw was a bit of a draw back as it's the type of thing that could bring to mind the idea of reading the noise when they write/draw on top of feeling the movements and the like.
Of course I wouldn't know for sure until I got to play around with it so I went out to find the needed item. Once I got what was needed and made a slight adjustment (same thing J. Prager needed to do), I basically set off to a couple of the areas I hang out and began testing it out on some of the people I know as well as anyone who was up for having a weird experience.

Thoughts after taking it for a test run- Ok my worries about people picking holes in the fact that I was holding the item whilst they were writing/drawing were for the most part not an issue.
The method is simplicity itself and it really takes next to no effort to get from them writing/drawing to you knowing what it is, and it really is fair. I played around with various alternate handlings and it is definitely possible to have them write/draw whilst you are not holding it, and once I began doing it this way that's how it stayed... apart from when there was nothing to lean on, in those instances J. Pragers handling works like a charm (though it's still possible to do it hands off by having one person use the back of another to do the writing/drawing, thoughbi'd only recommend that for groups of 2).
This is most definitely workable and does exactly what it is advertised to do.

My overall opinion- Clever stuff, refilling is as simple as buying a new pad, nothing to replace other than when you need a new pad, works well and costs a fraction of the price of some of the other pads out there. Simple but effective.

Pros-

The pad is normal so nothing to hide or find.
Easy to utilise.
Clear full page peek.
With J. Prager's handling it has great angles, though they are not quite as good if you allow them to do it without you holding on.
Nicely priced, only $9.

Cons-

The fact that for the included handling you need to hold onto the pad whilst they draw/write.

Nicely done J. Prager, this is some clever stuff, a great lil peek device.

Cheers.
He's done it again! A great idea at a bargain price. Elegant in its simplicity and using nothing but an "off the shelf" product. Reminiscent in a way of the highly touted "Tommy Pad" -- i.e., same raw material but sans the "something special."

If there is a fault with either of J.Prager's two latest offerings it is that IMO they are underpriced so if you're interested better get them now before he fully appreciates their value to the working performer.
I bought a copy. From the instructions, it looks pretty neat. I will look for one of those pads, so I can try it out.
I shared with Jose an idea I have in handling the pad, to allow the spectator to handle the pad whilst drawing, as well as an optional constructional idea which I think makes the pad slightly more convincing (which he liked). But by itself as it is, I really enjoyed this release.

He's been really helpful in answering my questions regarding Mind Veil too.
Earlier today, I received my copy of Mind Veil. Having purchased other products from Jose, I knew what I was getting myself into – mainly, hard-hitting mentalism that is simple, effective and extremely clever. As with Jose’s other effects, Mind Veil will not take very long to master. As is common for his work, all of the necessary details can be summed up in a 2-3 page document.

Add to this the fact that Jose’s customer service is second-to-none and you know you can’t go wrong with purchasing Mind Veil. If you are looking for a clever peek “device”, you need to add this to your arsenal. This is something you WILL use and use often. And at only $9.00, you really can’t go wrong. Get it before Jose realizes how much it’s actually worth! :)

-Tony

PS If anyone in the U.S. knows of a good source for pads, please PM me.
[quote]
On 2011-04-06 10:19, Dick Christian wrote:
He's done it again! A great idea at a bargain price. Elegant in its simplicity and using nothing but an "off the shelf" product. Reminiscent in a way of the highly touted "Tommy Pad" -- i.e., same raw material but sans the "something special."
[/quote]

Am I detecting a paralell here between this and VIncent Lynch's ill fated improvement to Osterlind's drawing dupe?
WOW! I have been getting amazing feedback from everyone that owns Mind Veil!

All the owners of Mind Veil will receive very soon the hands off handling by Tom Mohan and instructions for constructing your own pad easily.

[quote]
On 2011-04-06 19:58, Davit Sicseek wrote:
Am I detecting a paralell here between this and VIncent Lynch's ill fated improvement to Osterlind's drawing dupe?
[/quote]

Feel free to PM me. I can answer ALL your questions regarding Mind Veil.

Thanks everyone for your support and interest.

[quote]
[quote]
On 2011-04-06 10:19, Dick Christian wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

David,

Can't answer your question as I am not familiar with the Vincent Lynch improvement to which you refer (either never saw it or, if I did, don't recall it), but have Osterlind's ODDS which I assume is the one you have in mind. There is NO similarity at all between Prager's "Mind Veil" and Osterlind's "ODDS." The essential criterion for any DD effect that I use in my own performances is that the participating spectator have complete freedom to draw ANYTHING they like -- i.e., no clues, no hints, no suggestions, no images displayed from which they are to choose, etc. -- the only limit it their own imagination.

Prager's "Mind Veil," as well as several others that I have and continue to use, satisfies that criterion.

I expect that the initial reaction of most on seeing and testing Prager's method will be the same as mine -- "why didn't I think of that?" The point is the he did and we didn't.
This looks pretty interesting. Waiting to hear back on a few more who have it. Thanks.

Decomp
[quote]
On 2011-04-07 13:27, Decomposed wrote:
This looks pretty interesting. Waiting to hear back on a few more who have it. Thanks.

Decomp
[/quote]

Decomp you can find a lot more reviews here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=410639&forum=159&10
Having now tried this out it is very effective. My victim - sorry, spectator - was speechless.

Thanks Jose, you have come up with another gem.
[quote]
[/quote]

David

For what it's worth, I don't see a parallel. A others have said, it takes something that is very straightforward, more so than Vincent Lynch's effect or the Tommy Pad, which you may feel is a good thing or a bad thing. I think Mind Veil adopts a very nice method.
I found a material that is extremely deceptive and perfect for Mind Veil, so I decided to produce notepads with my specifications for Mind Veil.

I have 20 notepads available at the moment.

Current owners of Mind Veil please contact me if you are interested in getting this notepads.

The notepads are beautiful, you will LOVE them.

I now have picures of the notepads.

Owners of Mind Veil contact me and I will show them to you.
Jose' sent me the photos of the pads he made. They look VERY good ...I bought two. Make sure you look at the magnified photo so you can see how normal the cover looks. :) Nice job Jose'.

Happy trails.
Rich
Thank you Rich! The notepads are going fast!

I have just sent an update with the hands off handling by Tom Mohan and some pictures of the pads I made.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Apr 7, 2011 11:53PM)
J.
Will you continue to make more note pads after these 20 are sold?

Ray
The 20 notepad are gone.

So I made 40 more!

Contact me if you are interested, they are going really fast.
20 notepads left...
Mind Veil is not avaliable anymore as an eBook.

You can now get a beautiful CD with the instructions and 3 notepads for just 20 USD!

Check http://www.mentalshockproductions.com for more info., they are going really fast and I have received AMAZING feedback from everyone.
Jose has really bumped Mind Veil up a few notches...a CD,three note pads for $20.00. I like this better than a 3 page eBook.
Very simple and it works !
Nice job Jose ,

-G
I saw this and its better then what I thought! Not a confusing long piece to learn either. Short and to the point and very doable. I think it would be easier and cheaper to purchase the note pads also. Well done Jose.

Decomposed
[quote]
On 2011-04-09 20:41, Godzilla wrote:
Jose has really bumped Mind Veil up a few notches...a CD,three note pads for $20.00. I like this better than a 3 page eBook.
Nice job Jose ,

-G
[/quote]

It would nice to still have the option of a $9 DL as opposed to $30 for a CD and a few notepads including S&H...
[quote]
On 2011-04-10 01:47, Engali wrote:
[quote]
Nice job Jose ,

-G
[/quote]

It would nice to still have the option of a $9 DL as opposed to $30 for a CD and a few notepads including S&H...
[/quote]

Tomorrow mornig the Instant Download will be available.

I am here to hear you and to help you guys, what you want is what you get.
Jose -

Love your stuff! Bob Nelson and Al Koran, both very dear friends, would have enjoyed your thinking a great deal. No doubt about it Keep up the good work.

regards,
Damon
[quote]
On 2011-04-10 15:05, Damon.Wizard wrote:
Jose -

Love your stuff! Bob Nelson and Al Koran, both very dear friends, would have enjoyed your thinking a great deal. No doubt about it Keep up the good work.

regards,
Damon
[/quote]

WOW Damon your words mean a lot for me!

Thank you!
You can now get Mind Veil as an instant download as you asked.

http://www.mentalshockproductions.com
[quote]
On 2011-04-10 07:36, J. Prager wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-04-10 01:47, Engali wrote:
[quote]
Nice job Jose ,

-G
[/quote]

[/quote]

Tomorrow mornig the Instant Download will be available.

I am here to hear you and to help you guys, what you want is what you get.
[/quote]

Thank you. That was a nice gesture.
Hi All

Received this today, and ive got to say I'm impressed, I got hold of some of the pads required for this little miracle and took it out to test at my resident gigs. This is a real worker and a very sneaky concept.

I was amusingly suprised when I saw how this works... very clever indeed and well worth the money for an amazing utility.

Well done

All the best

R
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Apr 11, 2011 10:31PM)
WOW, I just got this today and really like it. It is so simple and to the point that I can’t believe no one has thought of this until now!
I have played around with this and think that I like this better than my IMPs pads. No kidding!

I also came up with a totally different handling from what is written in the E-book. I told J. Prager about it and he liked it very much and asked if I would like to include it in his E-book as an update. I told him that I would be happy if he included my thoughts. So you will now have another presentation for MindVeil.

Mind Veil is a winner and a worker!

Best
Ray Noble
I'd like to add as others have mentioned that MindVeil is terrific!!!

I'd like to find a local source for pads I can use now and try it out first. If anyone has any links and can share...that would be great.

And I look forward to the update as well with the additional handling ideas. HURRY!! :)
I think this will be indeed a big winner in 2011.

I too am looking for a local source of pads. Does anyone know if Staples etc has them? Also, what would you call them?
Just a heads up - I was able to locate the necessary pads at my local Staples. They were hard to find, but were located in the notepad aisle, like you would expect. The pads were very small (3x3 perhaps), which I actually like because of the portability aspect. The covers themselves do not have a design, but the first and last sheets of the pad do. I just removed those pages and was all set. The pages themselves are college rules, if that matters to anyone. They ran about one dollar per pad, so not pricey at all.

I believe I also found a workable pad online (either Office Depot or OfficeMax). I will try to see if I can find the link.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Apr 12, 2011 03:33PM)
[quote] (IN PART)
On 2011-04-12 14:49, TonyBrand wrote:

I believe I also found a workable pad online (either Office Depot or OfficeMax). I will try to see if I can find the link.

[/quote]

Don't put the link on this thread. It will keep those that haven't bought the e-book from knowing what to look for. If anything, ask J to include the link(s) in his updated E-book. Why tell people where and what to get if they might not have bought the e-book first? LOL

Ray
Hi Ray,

I didn't plan on posting the link, but was going to let others know they can PM me if they wanted my source. I still haven't been able to locate it, but I'll have a closer look tonight.

Good idea to let J know about the link; I will PM him if I come across them. Then again, I ordered a couple of his pads and think those are probably going to be my favorite (based on what I've seen).

FYI - I came up with another handling myself and let J know about it. He liked mine as well and will be including it in his next update. I wonder if we had the same idea. Great minds think alike... :)
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Apr 12, 2011 03:49PM)
I am sure that our ideas are VERY different. Does your idea involve a pendulum, whip cream, a twister mat, and a puppy dog with really LONG ears? If not, then we have completely different ideas. LOL

Ray
Haha! No, my idea doesn't involve those items, but that sure sounds like one hell of a time!
Staples has them!
Hey guys,

don't you think some of the posts have some exposure.

I would hate for people to look on here, go to the store, do a little digging and find the necesarry without actually purchasing MIND VEIL and work out a solution.

Jose, what do you think?

don't post the link please.....and don't mention where to get them as people will know what to look for.

I would greatly appreciate it.

if someone who owns this PMs one of you for the source, and can prove they have the ebook...then you can supply the source, but not on the open forum due to the method.

thanks again
alex
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Apr 12, 2011 07:02PM)
[quote]
On 2011-04-12 19:53, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

don't you think some of the posts have some exposure.

I would hate for people to look on here, go to the store, do a little digging and find the necesarry without actually purchasing MIND VEIL and work out a solution.

Jose, what do you think?

don't post the link please.....and don't mention where to get them as people will know what to look for.

I would greatly appreciate it.

if someone who owns this PMs one of you for the source, and can prove they have the ebook...then you can supply the source, but not on the open forum due to the method.

thanks again
alex
[/quote]

Yes, I agree 100%.

R
Hi Alex,

I defintely agree with not posting the link. As I mentioned, if I am able to locate it, I would only mention that I have found a potential source and invite those who own the eBook to PM me. This would obviously involve verifying that they own a copy of Mind Veil. I appreciate your concern and I also would not want Jose's creation/method to be exposed.

Thanks,

Tony
Thank you very much for your support!

I have just sent an updated PDF with 2 new handlings by Ray Noble (Magical Dimensions) and Anthony Brandonisio (TonyBrand) let us know what do you think.
I think this is an excellent peek device. Whether you download it and find the prop yourself, or buy the complete package, the price is very reasonable. With the new ideas that have just been added, it's even greater value for money.

Peter
Any plans to sell the PDF at Lybrary?

Mike
[quote]
On 2011-04-13 07:35, Michael Daniels wrote:
Any plans to sell the PDF at Lybrary?

Mike
[/quote]

Not at the moment.
[quote]
On 2011-04-12 19:25, Decomposed wrote:
Staples has them!
[/quote]
Mine doesn't. José! Amigo! Send me a link!
I will my friend.

Guys did you enjoyed the new handlings? Please let me know.
I still haven’t made my way to Staples for the pad (it has been a particularly busy month.) But I definitely appreciate all the cool updates you have been sending and look forward to trying out the peek in the near future.

Thank you so much,

Elliott
You are very welcome Elliot!

Let me know your thoughts after testing it.

First PM gets Mind Veil for free!

Hurry up!
For free...
Is there a banner for this?

Jim
Yes, at the forum index.
[quote]
On 2011-04-21 21:09, J. Prager wrote:
Yes, at the forum index.
[/quote]

I can't find it.

Were an I see it?

How far down?
I see it. It should be right above "Cons, Swindles and Scams".
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Apr 21, 2011 08:45PM)
It is right above. ‘Cons, Swindles and Scams’ It is tilted, ‘Mentalshock’.

He also had another banner when he was selling ‘Censored’. For a young guy, he has paid to play. LOL

Ray
I looked three times and did not see it.

But now I have.
(I really thought y’all were yanking my chain).

Sorry for any irritation my posting may have caused.

Best Wishes,

J ack
This is really great and I will use it!
[quote]
On 2011-04-21 22:21, Dr. Eamon wrote:
This is really great and I will use it!
[/quote]

Glad that you liked it!
I was lucky enough to send the first PM to J. Prager, so I got Mind Veil e-mailed to me.

I like it a lot. It's simple and deceptive, looks innocent and the actions are completely natural. I happened to have a similar pad to the type required lying around the house so I was able to try it out right away, and had a little laugh at just how simple it is.

If you're thinking of buying an expensive imp pad, it's worth giving this a look over first. You might decide you don't need to spend the big bucks after all.

Cheers again, J.
New site launch in a couple of minutes...
http://www.mentalshocks.com

First PM gets MindVeil PDF for free.
OK, J. you payed , quit giving this stuff away for free !

-G
[quote]
On 2011-04-14 00:41, J. Prager wrote:.

[/quote]
Hi Jose,

I liked Ray Noble's handling of Mind Veil very much and that is the way I will perform it. The intimacy allows a nice "psychic" connection between you and your volunteer. Thanks for the additional handlings.

Regards, Steve
I performed this at at a gig today. I gotta say this is great. I used it for a dd which I would usually use a peek wallet for. I also never owned a imp and was not gonna order a specially gaffed pad. But this is perfect. No need to tear out the page or even reopen it.

I do realize that j sells pads that are supposedly perfect for this. I used a pad that blatantly lacked that particular quality and I think it is better. As soon as the specs see the pad they know what it is. But it does not matter. The peek is too quick. To use pads like js imo is covering up a quality that cannot be covered, and could raise red flags. Hope this makes sense without exposure. Not intending to put down those pads tho they do look nice, just a difference in presentation. Im only saying this because there seems to be those who are pondering about the kind of pad to use, and try way to hard to find those that fit the criteria provided in the pdf. I used pads that were on my desk, and its pretty obvious, but still managed to pass the sharpest minds around me, who usually succeed in figuring things out. I was surprised myself.

Ive seen other gaffed pads like the parapad and butterfly. Not saying this is way better than any of them which is obviously ridiculous, but for someone like me who has a thing for utilizing generic items, this is great. I cannot recommend it enough.
I had an opportunity to perform a few routines for one of my daughters the other day (she's a junior in college). I did a variation of Powerball 60, then Rus Andrew's NUMBERS, and finally a quick effect using Mind Veil.

Not the normal lineup to perform one after another like this - but I wanted to try out these effects on her in one sitting so to speak.

She really enjoyed all three. A LOT. That made ME happy.

When I can - I find it interesting to ASK for a spectator's thoughts on a routine to understand a little more about HOW THEY PERCEIVE what happened. So I asked which one she LIKED MOST? She responded, "The last one."

"Why?" I asked.

"With the lottery tickets, I felt you might have memorized the numbers and knew from that which number I picked. And the card one - it's cards Dad and you DO MAGIC with cards!! But the last one - I just don't know. I have no clue. It's just like you read my thoughts. I don't know how. But it was VERY COOL."

What she said helped me understand that my daughter's prior association with me and card magic may have taken slightly away from NUMBERS (no worries Rus - she really liked it a lot anyway). And the Powerball 60-like routine she linked to "math and/or memory".

But with Mind Veil - she just had NO PERCEIVED SOLUTION - not even a hint of one.

I know of how she feels - because I had the same "I HAVE NO CLUE / THAT IS SO COOL" reaction when Mark Mason did "Word in a Million" at a lecture I attended last year. I really did have no clue how he got the word. I kept waiting to see him "get" the word and I never saw it!!! To me he had DONE NOTHING.

When you get that from someone in the trade, you know a lay-person stands NO CHANCE.

As it is with WIAM - it is with Mind Veil.

THANKS AGAIN to the creator's of all these KILLER EFFECTS!!

--
Thank YOU John!

I love creating and the main reason is people like you.

:D

You have just created a very positive memory in my head and that is forever.
Jose, it good to see them start to respect you my friend. Some of us knew from the start, how powerful and effective your work is and was. Of course there will always be those who see the new guy on the block as a threat, but heck with them. It's about those interested despite ones comfortability. I applaud your success and wish you more in the future.

Thanks for just being yourself. :)
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (May 10, 2011 09:56PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-02 09:08, yachanin wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-04-14 00:41, J. Prager wrote:.

[/quote]
Hi Jose,

I liked Ray Noble's handling of Mind Veil very much and that is the way I will perform it. The intimacy allows a nice "psychic" connection between you and your volunteer. Thanks for the additional handlings.

Regards, Steve
[/quote]

Steve,
I am glad that you like my presentation of using this great pad. Making a connection with the spectator really enhances the routine.

Ray
First one to guess the last 2 digits of my PIN number wins LIEbrary.

Hmm, how about 66?
One hint: First digit is even and second digit is odd.
Hm 27

Euan :)
Another hint: One of Euan's digits is correct.
I shall only post one guess but good luck every! Love your site man! :)

Euan
Try again Euan!

Everyone has two chances.

I am very glad that you like MindShocks! Thank you my friend!
Try again Garrette!
Oh in that case 23 :)

Euan
Two chances, then

Last hint: All Last Laugh's digits are incorrect.
Sweet, PSI-MISS!
Kirjava is the winner!

PM sent!
Thank you for the information!

Mind Veil 2.0...
Mind Veil demo: http://youtu.be/y2gdLYn9-Cs
New link for the demo: http://youtu.be/vFWM8H0WICY