(Close Window)
Topic: Sign Off - Damien O'Brien & Leon May (Alakazam)
With my new F1 wallet I just received a brochure advertising (OK - teasing) about a new effect Peter and company are putting out called "Sign Off." It sounds a little like Masuda's WOW just based on the description. The box mock up has a corner section that says "RED GIMMICK."

Here is the ad wording lifted directly from the print brochure - I have not heard of this before so I hope I'm not repeating a prior post:

SIGN OFF - It's time to put your own signature on your Magic!

Sign Off is an incredibly eye popping routine with a visual vanish of a signature that happens right in front of your spectators but looks like a camera trick!

This is a real world worker.

The gimmick is just so cool.

The vanish looks incredible.

The signature can vanish and reappear at your command and is totally at your control.
I saw this and was intrigued. Come on Mr nardi, shed some light ;)
Hey guys thanks for taking a interest in the trick Sign Off by myself and Leon May , the trick will be out this summer and will be a trailer online soon for it any more questions feel free to ask guys :)
Hey guys check out the official trailer Sign Off! by myself ( Damien O'Brien) and Leon May enjoy :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtes90jCoWI
Hi guys,

We are looking at a release date of July 11th on this one. Keep your eyes on our site full details and price!

Regards

Peter
This looks brilliant, I really hope it works as well as it looks like it does - will definitely be keeping an eye on this!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (May 19, 2011 11:27AM)
How similar to Spot by Sandy is it?
Spot is a great trick intact we both credit the trick on the DVD as it inspired this trick
Wicked demo! Looks pretty awesome! Im backed up on things to get from Alakazam now but this is most defiantly on the hit list!

Jamie Daws
So far everyone is enjoying the demo I can't tell you how excited Leon and myself are about this being released this is a real world worker and the vanish is so fast with minimal movement it really does look like a camera trick
Damien's a great guy with killer skills. This is gonna be one of the big hits of 2011, mark my words!
[quote]
On 2011-05-22 11:48, TheStoner wrote:
Damien's a great guy with killer skills. This is gonna be one of the big hits of 2011, mark my words!
[/quote]

Thanks mike myself & Alakazam are hoping this will be a big hit also think it will be going to pre order tomorrow hope your grabbing a copy ;)
Looks great - I'm assuming a DL somewhere in the routine after signature, but I dig the visuals.

I wonder if the method is at all similar to Stave Haynes Toosh? Just guessing... But really nice.
Had a couple of people inbox me asking when Sign Off is avalible for pre order I'm not sure of dates yet but I no Alakazam are planning to have this effect as a summer relase if you still not seen the trailer do check it out http://www.youtube.com/damienmagic666 and questions about the effect feel free to ask
I have just watched the trailer for this...for the 5th time!
It look awesome, certainly going to pick one up when it's released.
Good work Damien!
Hi Damien,

Whoever edited it did a great job!

Best,
Russ
Yeah wasn't a bad job with the editing thought Nardi done ok for using final cut for the first time lol ;) hope your good fella
Bring it on!
Hi Guy's,

You can now pre order Sign Off here http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Sign-Off-By-Damien-Obrien-and-Leon-May.html

Regards

Peter
Thanks as usual Peter - and now here is the ad copy in all it's typical Alakazam glory:

t's time to put your own signature on your magic!

Damien O'Brien and Leon May have come up with an obscenely visual effect!!

Sign off is an incredibly Eye-Popping routine with a visual vanish of a signature that happens right in front of your spectators eyes but looks like a camera trick!

Effect

A card is selected and signed on the face by your spectator. The card is now held between your spectators palms. You select a card for yourself, and sign or initial it on the back. now in full view of your spectator you visually make your signature vanish. This really has to be seen to be believed. There is absolutely no cover, the signature just goes. It's so good you will fool even yourself!!

You state that it's impossible to just make it vanish (after all it needs to go somewhere) you point to the card in your spectators hand. He slowly lifts his hand to see his signature on the face and just wait for the reaction when he finally gets the nerve to turn the card over to see your signature has arrived on the back of his card.

This really is a real world worker. The gimmick is just so cool. The vanish looks incredible. The signature can vanish and reappear at your command and is totally at your control.

Included in the box

Afull instructions DVD which covers routines, handling tips &step by step details on how to construct additional Sign Off Gimmicks.

2 X Sign Off Gimmick

4 X Custom Printed Sign Off Stickers

Additional Supplies so you constructed your own replacement or additional gimmicks.

Add Sign Off to your act today and start blowing minds with one of the most visual card tricks ever!!
I hope it lives up to the hype... Unlike The Hawk 2.0.
No thanks on the pre-order (never again!) - I'll wait for
a few reviews.
It works a lot better then the hawk. I promise you that
Alakazam/Peter Nardi rarely disappoint - and very often surpass expectations. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about this one.
I quess that the card with dissapearing signature can not be examined which is not too practical. How similar this is to Metamorphose by Mickael Chatelain?
My self Leon and peter show a way that the signed card can be handeled and checked and there no big moves very easy to perform :)
Hey guys if you still not seen the trailer for this trick yet be sure to check it out its also available for pre order too http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Sign-Off-By-Damien-Obrien-and-Leon-May.html any questions about this effect feel free to ask and ill try to answer it the best I can
I don't normally preorder things, been bitten too often in the past, but it's worth it for this one - get your name down!
Can this be added to the end of an excisting routine, where there is already a signed card in play?

Sean
Hi damien
this looks good, I'm tempted to go for the pre order
I currently use the ungimmicked version ( think you used to work this too?)bit like "scoop" off the icandy dvd
I guess you have replaced it with this now....
how much room is there for the signature that disappears?
are you limited to just the 2 small initials as in the demo, or could you fir a 3-4 letter first name?
wish you all the best with the project
cheers mate
matt wainwright
I have done ones where a signed card is in play but I prefer to do it as a single routine far more effective but your come up with loads of ideas

As for size the way we made it you prob can do a 4 leter name . I used scoop too lee smith showed me the routine was great very visual but this is the inju signature transpo for me now lol I hope your have fun with it :)
The trailer looks amazing - loath to pre order until we can read a review. but hope it lives upto the hype !!
Any reviews from anyone yet?
[quote]
On 2011-06-06 02:45, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
Any reviews from anyone yet?
[/quote]

Released on the 11th July ? I think ...
Don't forget guys you can pre order sign off from either http://www.damienobrien.com/shop or http://www.Alakazam.co.uk released July 11th
It looks really good, but it reminds me of "Metamorphose by Mickael Chatelain".
I just ask this question again: How simmilar is it to it? :)

Hope it's possible to give an answer without exposing the method.

Thanks!
[quote]
On 2011-06-17 07:20, Black wrote:
It looks really good, but it reminds me of "Metamorphose by Mickael Chatelain".
I just ask this question again: How simmilar is it to it? :)

Hope it's possible to give an answer without exposing the method.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Hi yes it does look like metamorphose but it workf on different principals and this gimmick can also be checked when the signature vanishes I don't wanna go into to much detail as ill end up exposing it lol but I'm sure your enjoy this effect
Thanks Damien, I'm sure I will buy it!
No problems any other questions feel free to ask
Will refills be needed, or can everything be made/printed?
There will be materials added in the dvd incase anything happens to your gimmick plus I teach how to make new ones too :)
Just to remind you all that sign off is released in just over a week so be sure to go to alakazm.co.uk and get yourself a copy looking forward to hearing reviews on this trick
Look forward to it Damien! Good luck to you.
[quote]
On 2011-07-02 12:45, saysold1 wrote:
Look forward to it Damien! Good luck to you.
[/quote]

thank you :) hope magicians will enjoy performing this effect
Just so you all know sign off has just been released thru http://www.alakazam.co.uk http://www.damienobrien.com http://www.dudethatscoolmagic.co.uk hanklee.com and more hope you all enjoy this effect and look forward to hearing reviews
Mine's for sale
20 including postage within the UK
[quote]
On 2011-07-19 05:39, matt.magicman wrote:
Mine's for sale
[/quote]

Well that was fast...
[quote]
On 2011-07-19 05:39, matt.magicman wrote:
Mine's for sale
[/quote]
Could you give it a short review?
Sold
I also have a copy for sale for 34 dollars. Free shipping within the US.
Message: Posted by: TheTableTopTrixta (Jul 21, 2011 01:18PM)
Oh dear!
I'm only selling it just because it doesn't work for my style is all. The trick itself looks great and the gimmick is pretty cool. Damien and Leon do a great job of explaining the trick. You get more then enough of the stuff to make additional gimmicks . Plus most magicians I reckon already have some of this stuff laying around. As far as angles go pretty good. The original handling is great. And the trick with the signature from card to card is really cool.