(Close Window)
Topic: Where can I find canvas carrying bags?
I'm looking for a couple of fairly large (canvas - but it doesn't have to be) carrying bags to hold a couple of folding chairs (2 or more in each).
I see these all the time manufactured for and sold with, specific products (folding poker table, skis, etc.) Can anyone suggest where to find a web site or
distributor who sells various sizes of these bags?

e
The only source I know of is your local awning company. They can custom make you a bag. I would suggest they line the canvas or duck linen with a soft liner or it will wear off the finish on your props.
Thanks for the suggestion.

e
I could've sworn that Michael's carried them.

Another place is a business that create custom advertising... you know... the places you can get your business logo on say, a shirt, key chain... or canvas bag?

d
Another option is a marina. Many of them make custome covers for boats...and I'll bet they would welcome the work in the off-season!
Michael's carries canvas bags, but they aren't large enough to hold a folding chair. Awning supply companies are generally a good place to get this kind of work done, because they have the right kind of sewing machines and the right kind of thread.

Hegblini got this one spot on!

BTW, if you have a straitjacket that needs altering, take it to an awning shop.
I did some Googling for Folding Chair bags or storage bags. I found a bag that hold 4 folding chairs. Don't know if you can make do with this, the price is very good also.

http://www.foldingchairs4less.com/fb100-csp.html
You might try a music shop. Speaker and microphone stand bags come in a a few different sizes. I've seen them made from canvas, corduroy and nylon. I have 4 lightweight, nylon carry bags that I love. I bought them a long time ago and I can no longer find them. They were made by the "Ultimate" stand company. I'd like to have some more, and have some in a smaller sizes.

Regan
We make custom bags all the time for folks in all sorts of sized and shapes, padded or not.
Ballistic nylon is very strong and durable.

Do you have a sketch?
You can check Wal-Mart or Dicks, or another sporting goods store... I think that would be your best bet.