(Close Window)
Topic: Is Tenyo Elite Dead?
Anyone know what's going on with Tenyo Elite?

It seemed so promising in concept, but two tricks thus far?

The initial tricks are solid, but had better tricks been chosen initially, I don't think there would be much latency in selling out TE product. There are so many tricks that could use TE treatment.

I would love a TE Eye of the Idol!

Any info is appreciated.
WIsh I knew. Went back to their site and have been dying to get my hands on an Elite Blue Crystal, but it is still pre-order.
Hey Guys, Tenyo Elite is NOT dead!

With the help of Murphys's Magic Supplies, we were able to arrange a distribution deal with them last week, and they are now our distributor and with their help now moving the rest of our stock on first two items, we will be able to start work again on new effects.

However with this new business system in place, some things might change slightly, We are looking into; or entertaining the idea anyway, of doing smaller runs on future releases, and in LIMITED quantities, once they are sold, that item would no longer be made again in an Elite form, this way we will not be in the situation we were in with the first 2 releases, and the items will become more "Collectable". Also we will probably only release one item at a time instead of multiple releases at once, and this will benefit everyone in the long run.

So as of right now, Tenyo Elite is alive and well, with what appears to be a great future instore for everyone.

Thanks for everyone's patience, but as you all know, good things come to those that wait! We did the the Tenyo Eltie project out of love for the original Tenyo Items, and we know this project would be a difficult one, and arise a few snags here and there, we are still very much in love with the project and are still working hard on keeping it going, even though there is little financial gain to be had. So it is very important that everyone supports the project if they wish to see it sustain a long healthy life.

So in the mean time, please keep the comments going on which items people would like to see made into an Elite version.

Best,

Peter.
Great news Peter, thanks for the update.

John
[quote]
On 2011-04-25 12:16, Peter Loughran wrote:
Hey Guys, Tenyo Elite is NOT dead!

With the help of Murphys's Magic Supplies, we were able to arrange a distribution deal with them last week, and they are now our distributor and with their help now moving the rest of our stock on first two items, we will be able to start work again on new effects.

However with this new business system in place, some things might change slightly, We are looking into; or entertaining the idea anyway, of doing smaller runs on future releases, and in LIMITED quantities, once they are sold, that item would no longer be made again in an Elite form, this way we will not be in the situation we were in with the first 2 releases, and the items will become more "Collectable". Also we will probably only release one item at a time instead of multiple releases at once, and this will benefit everyone in the long run.

So as of right now, Tenyo Elite is alive and well, with what appears to be a great future instore for everyone.

Thanks for everyone's patience, but as you all know, good things come to those that wait! We did the the Tenyo Eltie project out of love for the original Tenyo Items, and we know this project would be a difficult one, and arise a few snags here and there, we are still very much in love with the project and are still working hard on keeping it going, even though there is little financial gain to be had. So it is very important that everyone supports the project if they wish to see it sustain a long healthy life.

So in the mean time, please keep the comments going on which items people would like to see made into an Elite version.

Best,

Peter.
[/quote]

Peter,

Some suggestions.

1. I highly recommend numbering the tricks (1 of 1000, etc).

2. You might want to issue say, Qty. 100, that are autographed by all of you and numbered and marked as a further special edition (1/100, etc).

3. As fakes plague EVERY commercial industry, issuing a certificate of authenticity with a serial number and hologram affixed to the trick with a matching serial would be wise.

4. If possible, if you could get the Tenyo creator to sign the tricks or instructions, this would be great. Even if you randomly inserted these into the tricks as "Chase" items, this would be very cool.

5. I see Tenyo magic as traditional magic but also as a highly collectible toy, adding things like this would push Tenyo Elite over and above the cool concept and product it already is!

Initial requests:

1. Eye of the Idol

2. Tunnel of Darkness

3. Bare Bones

4. Mystery China Box

Thanks for the good news!
Do runs of 50 and charge more for each.
So what's the deal with this, the last I heard was Murphy's Magic will be the distro source and now not a peep?

Are you in production since the agreement was only settled recently?

Working on more than the initial 4 tricks?
Ummm well... Murphys just got their order in recently. We have to give them a chance to sell and distribute the products for us to magic shops, then give the magic shops enough time to sell them and place re-orders, and this simply does not happen overnight. As we have stated before, we need to move the bulk of our remaining inventory on the first two tricks to finance the production of new releases. If Murphys is unsuccessful moving the bulk of our remaining stock, we will have to look at other options including something like Tdowell mentioned above, which is something we entertained the idea of doing since day one. And that is making a very small limited run numbered and signed and charge a lot more money for each and basically market the line to collectors mostly.

Thanks for your continued interest in the company's progress.

Again we have not given up on the line, we just may have to change it's current structure in order to make it successful in these new economic times that changed drastically on the day the first 2 products were introduced.

Best,

P.
[quote]
On 2011-05-26 11:23, Peter Loughran wrote:
Ummm well... Murphys just got their order in recently. We have to give them a chance to sell and distribute the products for us to magic shops, then give the magic shops enough time to sell them and place re-orders, and this simply does not happen overnight. As we have stated before, we need to move the bulk of our remaining inventory on the first two tricks to finance the production of new releases. If Murphys is unsuccessful moving the bulk of our remaining stock, we will have to look at other options including something like Tdowell mentioned above, which is something we entertained the idea of doing since day one. And that is making a very small limited run numbered and signed and charge a lot more money for each and basically market the line to collectors mostly.

Thanks for your continued interest in the company's progress.

Again we have not given up on the line, we just may have to change it's current structure in order to make it successful in these new economic times that changed drastically on the day the first 2 products were introduced.

Best,

P.
[/quote]

Sorry,

The part I seemed to forgo was: "As we have stated before, we need to move the bulk of our remaining inventory on the first two tricks to finance the production of new releases."

Thanks for the update.
Houdini103126, it's my fault that I hadn't made that clear enough in the original post. No need to apologize. Thank you again for showing a sincere interest in the progress of TE and we hope to bring some cool new effects to you as soon as we can!
Any update on whats coming and when? Its been ages...
Hi Mmreed, I updated and made some announcements earlier last month on a thread here, but unfortuantely there was a couple of remarks made that we felt was taking the thread out of context and Steve Brooks felt the thread was just turning in to nothing of value, took note of who was involved in the final unnecessary comments and deleted the thread. But I can assure you Tenyo Elite is not dead. As I had mentioned before its a labor of love, we are not in this to make money and probably never will, so you must allow us time to produce the new items at our own pace, and we are doing so as fast as we can, but it takes time.

Thanks,

Peter.
[quote]
On 2012-03-16 12:31, Peter Loughran wrote:
Steve Brooks felt the thread was just turning in to nothing of value, took note of who was involved in the final unnecessary comments and deleted the thread

Thanks,

Peter.
[/quote]

:)
Such class
[quote]
On 2012-03-16 20:47, Peter Loughran wrote:
Such class
[/quote]

:)
Any thoughts to using a "kickstarter" method? Take preorders, no money changes hands. Once you get enough commitments, money changes hands and tricks delivered at a specific time. That way you guarantee costs are covered.

Syd
Hi Syd, thanks for the suggestion, but that's actually what we did from the very begining. Once the project was announced we took our demo units to a convention in vegas for an official launch and then approached all the dealers. We had commitments from a very large amount of dealers. So we did our first production run based on those "Pre-orders" however once we were ready with the product about 6 weeks later, many of the dealers backed out (couldn't afford the product due to the recession that first started then) and we were left with an over amount of stock which is why we ended up with a surplus. When no money changes hands, there really is no commitment.

So instead it tooks about 2 years longer to sell the first run (and we still have units that need to be sold) but now we are working on our next release. We will have something very soon. But as I have said before the Tenyo Elite team is taking a different approach. A limited and very small run. The price will be higher per unit, but they will be more collectable now as they will be limited productions, and this way we cannot over produce.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestion.

Peter.
I have no doubt that the true fans will be knocking loudly at the door Peter. You've proven that you're passionate about your commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.

Can't wait to see what you're planning...
[quote]
On 2012-04-27 09:49, Peter Loughran wrote:
Hi Syd, thanks for the suggestion, but that's actually what we did from the very begining. Once the project was announced we took our demo units to a convention in vegas for an official launch and then approached all the dealers. We had commitments from a very large amount of dealers. So we did our first production run based on those "Pre-orders" however once we were ready with the product about 6 weeks later, many of the dealers backed out (couldn't afford the product due to the recession that first started then) and we were left with an over amount of stock which is why we ended up with a surplus. When no money changes hands, there really is no commitment.

So instead it tooks about 2 years longer to sell the first run (and we still have units that need to be sold) but now we are working on our next release. We will have something very soon. But as I have said before the Tenyo Elite team is taking a different approach. A limited and very small run. The price will be higher per unit, but they will be more collectable now as they will be limited productions, and this way we cannot over produce.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestion.

Peter.
[/quote]

If you limit the runs to under 100, I would be willing to go as high as $500.00 each for the more intricate "mini illusions".
Mr. H, so you are making a public commitment to buy? ;)
Crickets....
I just bought the Elite Fortune Sticks. I hope this helps somewhat for you to work on the next release.

I was left a little cold with Moonspinner.

Try to make the next release a "must buy".

Looking forward to your next offering.
[quote]
On 2012-06-18 02:26, NexusMagicShop wrote:
Crickets....
[/quote]

I'll add some tumbleweed to create an appropriate atmosphere ... :(
Very promising attempt but demonstrated to be not viable with such a small niche market.
I own both items and would love to see more.
I came here to find out more about the line after seeing the two existing offerings and prototype photo of Blue Crystal STILL on the webpage, headed by a line that says "2009 Product Releases." Wonder if there are any updates, or if perhaps the deal fell through.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=491644&forum=259&start=30

And

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=299150&forum=259&125&start=120#4
Thanks, Peter! Can't wait.
Me neither...lol
Hi gang any news on the new Tenyo Elite items?? I think its time for the big reveal now I think we have waited long enough lol many thanks MM..
We are getting very close, but you will just have to be a bit more patient with us :)
Ok, getting very excited now like a big kid lol.
Peter, once the effect is announced, will there be any pre-order options for the devoted and faithful...e.g. me?
The original question at the beginning of this topic was, Is Tenyo Elite Dead? I'm starting to wonder about that question again. We've heard nothing for quite a while and release of new tricks on the Tenyo Elite website which say coming soon give the impression that "soon" is another word for never. Anyone know what's going on?
Hello all:

Some of the following is copied from another post I just did:

May I first apologize on behalf of my partners Steve, Peter and myself for the delay on an update. As many of you have noticed over the past while, Peter has kindly taken the reigns from Steve and I to do most of the responding for our Tenyo Elite threads here on the Café. But for those of you who do not know yet, my close and dear friend (and one of my business partners on Tenyo Elite) Peter has been diagnosed with cancer. That's the bad news. The good news is that it looks like it will be very treatable, and we will have Peter around for a long, long time!! I don't really want to clog up this thread with the details of his condition, as much of this is Peter's private business. However I was given permission by Pete to disclose this information, and I just wanted everyone to know. He is currently undergoing treatment, and is doing well. With that in mind, Steve and I will try now to do some more of the responses while Peter undergoes treatment. Peter has asked to please send him any well wishes via his email, Facebook, etc. instead of on the Tenyo Elite threads.

As some of you might know, for our next release, we endeavoured to take on one of Tenyo's more "complicated" tricks to reproduce, and as a result this is taking more time than we anticipated. If you think those of you reading this thread and/or those of you that have written here or to us personally are frustrated by the delays----can you imagine how Peter, Steve and I feel, since Tenyo Elite is a labour of love for us! LOL! It is maddening at times, but it is unfortunately part of the manufacturing process sometimes.

So there is the latest update. We are steadily working on things, and have been dealing with some unforeseen road-blocks and delays. However we are continuing to move forward and will hopefully have more news soon.

Thank you for your time.

Jason
Anything new to report on. Its been a couple of years.

Best
They released Ultra Tube and Zig Zag Cig last year, and have announced a new product forthcoming.
Have they made their second run of Zig Zag Cig? I'd like to get in on it.

Best,

Sean
I have given up hope on them.
The second run of zig zags has been completed, just waiting on some printing to be finished. The reason why these took a little longer was because we were also working on a new product at the same time, trying to get 2 birds stoned at once! (Yes a another new Tenyo elite item is coming very soon) As for the zigzags, We will be sending an email to the ones on the first to be contacted list. These customers will have 48 hours to make a purchase (limit 1 per customer) and if there are any left over after that, the remaining units will be offered on the site to the general public.
Thanks for the update.
[quote]On May 8, 2011, tdowell wrote:
Do runs of 50 and charge more for each. [/quote]

They're already overpriced.
Any new updates on the next Tenyo Elite product???
Hello auriuspd, we are currently producing our second and final run of ultra tubes, then we will be starting our next new item.

:-)
Definitely interested in 2nd run of Ultra Tube, missed the first one.
Any hint about what the next one will be?
[quote]On Dec 6, 2016, Robert Houdin 78 wrote:
Any hint about what the next one will be? [/quote]

Great question.
What's up guys?
Ed
Hi guys, we are currently working on our second and final run of Ultra Tubes. Unfortunately we are under contract and cannot divulge any info on upcoming releases at this time.

Thanks for your understanding.
But there is a thread here somewhere that people can list items they would like us to consider for an elite edition. We welcome everyone's ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!

P.