(Close Window)
Topic: The BEST Rope I have EVER USED!
Hi Gang!

If you folks haven't had the chance to check out Dany Baronian's BTC3 Rope, than you don't know what you are missing!

I do a cut & restored rope routine in almost every show during my 6 month Fair Season each year, and have tried a LOT of different ropes over the last 28 years!

Dany's BTC3 rope is with out a doubt the BEST Rope that I have EVER USED!!! BAR NONE!!! :thumbsup:

Do yourself a favor and check it out at: http://www.BaronianTrading.com/Ropes.html

Please note that I am in no way associated with Dany exept for the fact that I am a VERY Satisfied Customer!

=Frank=
Thanks Frank,I'll order some soon!!!
You WON'T be dissapointed!

By the way the BTC3 is a 10mm rope that is PRE-CORED!

I prefer the rope cored, as it make the rope so much more supple and easy to work with in my opinion!

=Frank=
The rope looks great. I'm going to place an order as well. Thanks for the information, Frank!

Jimmy
Hi Frank,

I've used Dany's rope for a couple years and love it as well. I use the rope with the core, rather than the pre-cored rope (I don't usually perform a cut-n-restored rope routine).

Regards, Steve
Danny sells it to me as well, and I supply my clients and students with it. The rope matches my Linking ropes so it is perfect for me.
Ian
Do you make your own linking rope?
[quote]
On 2011-04-21 08:52, Al Angello wrote:
Ian
Do you make your own linking rope?
[/quote]
no, I found the loftus rope set to be better than all of the so called "deluxe sets" but I am always open.
Thanks Frank!
My pleasure!
Hi guys,
I haven't been on the Café' for a while and I just saw this thread...Thanks Frank.
For those of you that don't know me yet, I'm "the rope guy" as they call me. I sell magicians rope & high leverage shears...thats it...for now. I got into this several years ago and have been working to expand the line, its a process...so please be patient. I sell quality rope at great prices, I ship worldwide and have an international customer base as well as US. I've sold to high profile magicians as well as those just starting. It's a small operation that is growing from my garage. You only deal with me, there's no other person that handles orders or questions....just me...Dany...the rope guy.

For now I only have the 4 ropes listed on my website, check for details at http://www.BaronianTrading.com. I also sell THE BEST shears for these ropes, don't take MY word for it, ask anyone on this Café that has bought them from me...or just get a pair and see for yourself. You'll only have to buy them once..unless you want a back up in case you lose it.

If you have any questions, please email me directly at dany@baroniantrading.com as I don't get on the Café as much as I did before.

Thank you
Dany Baronian
http://www.BaronianTrading.com
I thought I'd just add in my 2 cents worth here... Recently just bought my ropes from Dany and I must say, if you're looking at very soft pliant cotton ropes to work with, his are excellent. Dany's also replied my emails very promptly and did a followup to see if everything was okay! Pretty good service I'd say. The only grouse if I can so put it that way, is that it was quite dusty when it arrived here at Singapore, and as you know, dust and white ropes don't go together well!
Just to make the last post clear...the ropes come in spools and have a clear plastic wrap on it, then the spool is also in a plastic bag, and finally it is in a box. Not exactly sure how the ropes would be dusty...but I can't see it and I can't justify debating with Ade.

Posted: Aug 2, 2011 12:39am
Hello Everyone,

First of all...I would like to thank all of you for your business and continued support, without you I would be at the end of the rope.

I wanted to inform you that I will be restocking inventory soon and wanted to know if any of you need to stock rope in large amounts (10+). Please let me know the type of ropes you need and the quantities. I do have rope now, but the inventory I have is limited and dwindling. Special pricing is available if you would like to place a special order, but I will not be able to send you the ropes until I have enough in stock (depending on the amount you order). If I do not have the amount that you currently need, I can take a deposit and order it along with my inventory from my factory. If I have confused you...please email me directly or send a PM.

Dany Baronian
BaronianTrading.com
Dany,

Just placed my first order. Can't wait to get it!

Thanks.
I buy from Danny and resell it to my clients in smaller rolls. I like it because the 10mm precored is only sleightly smaller than the linking ropes I sell in my Dances with rope routine. That continuity serves me well.
Rope looks great, thanks for sharing!
Just received my rope! Fast shipping and the rope comes tightly shrink wrapped then bagged then boxed. No dust at all.
;)
:thumbsup:
Thanks for all of the great suggestions everyone! I just got Richard Sander's Fiber Optics and had been wondering what type of rope he used. Thanks!
Like Frank and many others, I've been using Danys rope since his first appearance at the Castle Swap Meet...and those scissors that he mentions are the best I've ever owned. I like to keep a full spool of his rope in reserve, and it's time to load up again. His low prices means that you don't have to 'cheat' your audience on rope...use the proper amount without worrying about the cost.

See you at the Swap, Dany!
Hi Tom,
Thanks for your kind words, see you at the Castle.

Posted: Oct 13, 2011 12:45am
Magic Castle Swap Meet this week. I'll be there again...same place (Palace). I'm not 100% certain yet, but this MAY be my last time there. I've come to a point where I have multiple businesses and not sure if I may continue doing this. For those of you "reading between the lines"....don't get your hopes up too fast....I haven't decided yet.

Dany Baronian
I use ropes from klamm magic
Just placed my first order, and went with the 10 mm pre-cored.

Was just down to my last few meters, after my son decided he wanted to play cops and robbers with his sister, and had cut a lot of the rope :)

Looking forward to this, after hearing all the great reviews!

RevJohn
I just received my first order. I went with the 15mm and a set of shears. Both were shipped quickly and are high quality items. Dany's communication / service is terrific!

Now I may have to get some of the 10mm, as well. :)
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 15:52, roberto37 wrote:
I use ropes from klamm magic
[/quote]

Then you should start your own Klamm magic ropes thread.
Thanks guys...i truely appreciate your support.
Does Daryl use 'Baronian' Magician's rope??
Just wondering!!
Wow, there is a lot of love for some rope coming from this thread. That's nice to see. $50 a spool is a good price if the rope is great but it is also an awful lot of money for a product that I can't hold.

I'd be willing to pay the money but I'm need some help getting an idea as to what kind of rope this is. Soooooooo... I am very familiar with the Camirand Elite Magicians Rope. This stuff looks fairly similar. How does this rope match up with the Camirand rope?

Is it close?

Pretty much exactly the same?

Better (excluding price)?

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Neal Preta's Super Rope is the absolute best I have ever used He also has a product called super string, more of a 1/8 " braided cord.
Super Rope was the only rope you see being used in my rope DVD

Kotah
Never hear of that rope. Where can you find Neal Preta's Super Rope?
Th best rope of late should be diamond braided, cotton over cotton. As white as possible.
-------------
I like Baronian bct-10 but it is not as white as some.
----------
I sell Baronian and Loftus rope. I just saw uday cottonrope, very white very soft and cuts nice. Especially for the price.
--------------------
I am curious what Neal Prete's rope is and if he is just buying a standard rope or is importing it.
Neal contacted me several months ago, I called him and emailed him back, but we never had a transaction. He said he would call me but never did. Don't really know what he sells but he was curious about my ropes.
To contact Neal and find out particulars about his rope/ arrange for samples use the following address:
Super.rope@ yahoo.com

Kotah
[quote]
On 2011-11-05 14:40, KOTAH wrote:
To contact Neal and find out particulars about his rope/ arrange for samples use the following address:
Super.rope@ yahoo.com

Kotah
[/quote]
Just got samples from Preta, it is very bright rope and several colors. It is not cotton though, it is braided synthetic with a core. Very stiff by comparison to cotton ropes. He send the "cord" in colors and it is just under 1/4". Cuts easy, but frays unless you melt it.
In my estimation it is not even close to magic grade cotton. The core is multi strands and removal does make the rope more supple.
The "super" rope is just about 1/2" but slightly larger and whiter than baronian bct-10, but just as white as the Loftus rope I carry (www.rope.ws). Removing the core from that does not make a difference, it is just not soft enough for rope work. Sorry Neal.
The cored piece of the 1/4" was good for Sands and Tabary effects, but for fiber optics the smaller piece was too stiff for the moves.
I have always stated that super rope was a nylon like rope.

I Love the way it glides through my hands for various st
retching rope effects, and traveling knots

It is extremely bright and visible, and stays clean after repeated handlings

For my needs it is the rope I like choose to use.

price wise it is cost effective as well.

We all discover what we like best, and when we do we stick with it.

Kotah
Thanks for the info magicmanfrank, and all. I was about to ask about good rope, currently being sold, in a new post ... and decided to google "best magicians' rope" instead. Sure appreciate the tips. I have written Dany to see if he has the BTC3 in stock. Again, thank you, all.
Hey George
Here is Neal's email address. I have used his rope for years, great stuff.

ntprete@sbcglobal.net
[quote]
On 2012-03-08 15:09, Al Angello wrote:
Hey George
Here is Neal's email address. I have used his rope for years, great stuff.

ntprete@sbcglobal.net
[/quote]
Al, I had neal send me a sample of his ropes. It just doesn't work for most of my routines. Much too stiff. Have you used the baronian or loftus rope?
Most magic shops sell 7/32" cotton rope for cut and restore, but I use Neal's 1/4" cotton rope for my cut and restore. It is what old time magic shops used to sell, but Neal is the only one who still sells it. I really don't know anything about Neil's super rope.
[quote]
On 2012-03-09 15:16, Al Angello wrote:
Most magic shops sell 7/32" cotton rope for cut and restore, but I use Neal's 1/4" cotton rope for my cut and restore. It is what old time magic shops used to sell, but Neal is the only one who still sells it. I really don't know anything about Neil's super rope.
[/quote]
He didn't send me any cotton.
Oddly enough (as Ian mentioned above) I have found that I enjoy using Uday rope too, when I am not using Loftus. The Uday handles quite nicely, looks good from stage (at least that has been my experience thus far) and works very well in all of the routines I do. It really is nice for the price.
[quote]
On 2012-03-08 14:07, paulapaul wrote:
Thanks for the info magicmanfrank, and all. I was about to ask about good rope, currently being sold, in a new post ... and decided to google "best magicians' rope" instead. Sure appreciate the tips. I have written Dany to see if he has the BTC3 in stock. Again, thank you, all.
[/quote]

Glad to help!
I wouldn't recommend something if I didn't use it myself!
Magic Castle Swap Meet this Saturday 4/14, I will be a vendor there again. This time, however, there will be limited amount of inventory. If you plan to show up, show up early!

Dany
Dany,

I just checked your site; 3 to 5 months till you have the BTC3 rope? I was hoping that just hasn’t been updated lately. Wow - how did you let yourself run out of that?!

Thank you.

Jim
Hi Jim,
Somehow it just became the most popular rope! I will update you once they are restocked. I have some 25ft packets of them if they will hold you up for a little bit, let me know.

Dany
Dany,

No thanks - I'd rather wait for the larger balls to become available. Got me some Loftus rope and a bit of Uday in the meantime.

Thanks!

Jim
Hi,
Can someone recommend a good book on rope magic?
Thank you,
Micky
Try "Abbott's Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks for Magicians" by Stewart James. I found one used on Amazon for a pittance.

Jim
I was wanting to know how the rope in this thread compares to the rope used in the slashed effect? Thanks RNM
[quote]
On 2012-06-01 12:00, Red Neck Magician wrote:
I was wanting to know how the rope in this thread compares to the rope used in the slashed effect? Thanks RNM
[/quote]

Which rope in this thread? A few different ropes are mentioned. And what rope is used in "the slashed effect"?

Jim
The baronian trading rope compared to the rope used in the slashed effect?
[quote]
On 2012-06-02 15:47, Red Neck Magician wrote:
The baronian trading rope compared to the rope used in the slashed effect?
[/quote]

Scott Alexander's effect uses a very thick soft rope. I do not believe any standard magicians rope will be the same, is it would Scott would be marketing his effect. That is his holdup, trying to obtain the rope he uses.

Of course in the end, rope is rope and if you are not a perfectionist, then most any pliable soft rope will work. Scott is choosing his rope for many other reasons then just thick and soft, visibility, handling, etc.
Hello all,
It's been a while since I've posted. As most of you know, I've been out of rope for several months. I wanted to let you know that the ropes are on their way and should be arriving to the Port of Los Angeles on/around Oct 9.

Dany
What kind of rope does Daryl use?
Daryl has been using BTC3 lately.
I still have some Baronian rope left.
http://www.rope.ws
I use.... whatever my local magic shop has XD, it's a little more expencive than I would like to pay for it, but my only other options is driving for hours to get it for 10 cents cheaper (although in comparison I've found that the rope my magic shop is better than the cheaper rope at the other one). I think when I get the money I'm gonna try some of this baronian rope, it's quite a bit cheeper than I can get it for anywhere I know of arround me, if it's as great as people make it out to be it will be impossible to be dissapointed
Ian, Any BTC2??
*************UPDATE*************UPDATE*************UPDATE*************

Inventory is being restocked tomorrow! Just in time for the holidays!

Dany
[quote]
On 2012-11-07 13:12, Nala Nosmoht wrote:
Ian, Any BTC2??
[/quote]
Only the btc3 10mm no core
Ordered some BTC rope from Dany over the week-end, got fast email follow up and was delivered to my door today.
Excellent service and good communication. What else to ask from a dealer.

Thanks Dany.

Now I need to return to practice...
Thanks for the tips!
Thank you magicmanfrank I was looking for good rope

BRs

Bingo
Baronian now offers Sampler 25 foot Packs.

It's worth to try out the different ropes to see which you like best.
[quote]
On 2013-03-13 21:34, bingo wrote:
Thank you magicmanfrank I was looking for good rope

BRs

Bingo
[/quote]

You are most welcome, Bingo! :wavey:

=Frank=
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to let the local (Los Angeles) folks know that the Magic Castle Swap Meet is this Saturday the 13th, and we can be found in "The Palace" for your rope needs. Of course...if you're not local...you are welcome as well.

Dany
For those of you that are local to the Los Angeles area and are planning to attend the Magic Castle Swap Meet tomorrow, I will only be taking 6 spools of each rope I sell, plus 25ft packets. So if you want to buy spools, come and get them early, otherwise you can buy them online.
I just wanted to add my kudos to Dany and his rope. I order some BTC3; it arrived today, and it's great to work with! I also ordered a set of his shears, and they work just as well as described.

He was nice enough to throw in some samples of the other ropes he sells; this'll help me in choosing in the future. Although, I don't expect I'll need much for a while, after this purchase!

Larry S.
Hello Everyone,
I want to thank you all for your support in the last 5 years. I want to let you know that I have started working with Murphy's Magic Supplies and they will be carrying my BTC ropes EXCLUSIVELY. I no longer sell wholesale, only retail now. So for those dealers that have been interested in my ropes, whether in the US or abroad, you may now order directly from Murphy's with your other products. This step allows dealers abroad and their local magicians to have access to BTC ropes without paying astronomical prices for shipping, since they are able to purchase multiple products for their stores.

This move has been something I've been thinking about for a while. I contacted Murphy's last week, and they will be receiving BTC ropes on Monday.
If any of my clients have any questions regarding this change in business strategy...please email me directly at dany@baroniantrading.com .

Thank you for your support and business,
Dany Baronian
Does that mean that all future purchases should be done thru Murphy's?
[quote]
On 2013-05-18 09:16, Al Angello wrote:
Does that mean that all future purchases should be done thru Murphy's?
[/quote]

No, what that means is that if you want to buy wholesale, contact Murphy's.

If you want to purchase retail, contact your favorite magic dealer or Barionan Trading Co.
Thanks Bill
Bill is correct.
So, will murphy use your regular retail price as rhe list price, anddiscount from there?
Murphy hasuday rope with colors, so I am assuming they will still sell uday rope.
Here is a link to Murphy's that show the BTC ropes.
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Search.aspx?q=BTC
Since this seems to be the area for rope connections. I still have the 300' pure white cotton rope plus colors
http://www.rope.ws and haven't raised my prices in 10 years.
The btc3 on my catalog is out of stock.
I'm glad that I have plenty of the BTC rope at the old price, and in the future I will have to shop around.
It WAS the "best rope I have ever used", NOT ANYMORE! I used exclusively BTC2 with core. I removed the core, for how I used it, and it still retained it's tubular shape. Great for handling.
But they changed manufacturers. The new BTC2 when you remove the core very quickly becomes flat! Not good for my use. Also the products new prices will certainly make me shop around.
(I know BTC3 is available without core, but texture is slightly different, I don't like it)

nothing last forever
Now that Ian is gone there is no competition in the rope market. We now have a gun to our heads for quality rope, and I don't know what I'll do when I run out.
Ian's passing has nothing to do with my prices, I had to make a change prior to that, and Ian and I had spoke about it after. For those that have been ordering from me for the past 4-5 years, and I know who you are, please just send me an email with what you need. We will work something out.

Dany
Dany
I bought 5 spools of your rope, and bragged to all my friends about the top quality of your rope. I go through a spool about every six months, and I hope I can buy more in about a a year and a half at an affordable price. You are the only source of good rope there is in magic, and I am getting very nervous with no place else to go.

My good friend Ian promised me a guaranteed price before he died, and there is nobody else left but you now.
Al,
Please contact me directly with whatever you need. My direct email is dany@baroniantrading.com.

Dany
Dany
That takes a load off of my mind.
Thanks
Wow! The BTC prices are a little more than double what it cost me just 8 months ago! Is that a concession you made to Murphy's, Dani, for competition reasons? Or did raw materials jump that much?

Thank you.

Jim
Ropes are back in stock.
This IS the best rope on the market.

Price is fantastic!!
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=67987&t0=72beb53e9fd7e1ca09c5579f22808f89
I bought the BTC-4 Natural 100 meter spool, it still stands as one of my best magic purchases.
I won't buy a different rope for magic.

And I can count on BTC, that's a big one for me.
[quote]On Aug 29, 2013, J-Mac wrote:
Wow! The BTC prices are a little more than double what it cost me just 8 months ago! Is that a concession you made to Murphy's, Dani, for competition reasons? Or did raw materials jump that much?

Thank you.

Jim [/quote]

With every recession since 2008, prices have risen and in many cases doubled. Why, nothing but greed. I started eating canned soup for lunch a few years back. During a recession and after, the soup price was increased, and when I opened the can it was only half full of noodles, the rest was all water. All the food suppliers are doing this, does not matter the brand.

Remember the recession in 2008, at least they blamed it on trucking transportation cost. Now they just jack up the price and you get less. I guess the Republications in Washington D.C. did away with packaging laws.
I just purchased some of his ropes. I don't do any cutting in my routine so should last me a good while.