(Close Window)
Topic: Magic At the Beach 2012-SC's Premiere Magic Convention
Within the next few weeks the crew at Magic At the Beach will be unveiling some new plans and renovations to make this the BEST convention in the South East. We have asked your opinion and taken everything in. As if Magic At the Beach couldn't get any better.... IT WILL! Stay tuned to see what is exactly up our sleeves.

Cheers,

-Matt McCoy
That's right, Matt.

Everyone mark your calendars for 12-14 January 2012. Myrtle Beach SC is the place for what has quickly become the event that everyone talks about. If you've been, then you know. If you haven't, perhaps you've heard. If you haven't attended or heard then you need to experience it for yourself !!

Top-notch talent and an awesome location makes MATB the one event that you should not miss.

Keep your eyes here and on our website: http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org for the latest information.

Our first announcements are coming very soon ...

Co-Chairman: Dave Tanner & Roman LePree
Corporate Liaison and Marketing: Michelle Householder
Talent Liaison and Stage Manager: Matt McCoy
Director & Event Coordinator: Mike Heidtman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We'll be there and help where we can. Had a great time.

Richard
No joke guys! This is a fantastic convention! Plan to go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, it is official … Magic At The Beach 2012 has released the names of the first 3 artists which will be appearing in Myrtle Beach, SC, USA, 12-14 January 2012 …

We are very proud to announce that Jeff McBride, Mike Caveney and Tina Lenert are coming to Magic At The Beach 2012 !!

More amazing talent will be announced very soon.

See our website at http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org for all the latest information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes Mike!!!! We have finally announced just the first three of many names to come for Magic At the Beach 2012.

I want to point out that 2012 is a bigger and better convention. You still get the same awesome Gala show, awesome close-up show, two contests, opening banquet, and of course THE BEACH!

For 2012 we have added a bonus 7th lecture, our Banquet show will be featuring a LAS VEGAS HEADLINER, and an extra 1-man show has been added as well. That makes 4 fully staged shows all together!!! And we are a small fraction of the price of the Big conventions that offer all of these things.

The people asked and we delivered: JEFF McBride was one of the names all of our attendees requested to see. Not only will you see Jeff perform in every arena of magic and lecture but he will be giving a dose of his Magic and Mystery School. Eugene Burger calls Jeff, "one of the most influential teachers of magic of our time." We hope you take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity training one-on-one with this master teacher of magic. Each five hour session with Jeff is never like the other, and I think anyone who has taken it can attest to that. Spots are limited so sign up soon for your guaranteed slot with Jeff McBride and the Super Session. See the website for details.

In planning your convention travels for next year I hope you put Magic at the Beach on your list... It is said to be one the new favorite conventions everyone is attending.

We have more surprises in store, keep your eyes open as we reveal what's hidden at the beach.

Best Wishes,

Matt McCoy
Talent/Show Director
Great ! We're there!
Here is a highlight reel of JEFF McBride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQKlyUHOlY
Hannah and I will be there!
I should hope so Brandon!!! Jeff is coming just for you, hahaha. You're welcome. (Just kidding ;))

-M.
I'll be there. I can't wait.
Morgan,

We are excited to have you coming this year as well!! I am sure you will like it a lot!! Best of luck on the opening of your show. I am sure there will be many magicians from the area giving their support.

-Matt
[quote]
On 2011-05-29 01:26, Morgan Strebler wrote:
I'll be there. I can't wait.
[/quote]

Morgan,

It was great seeing you and your crew at the press conference Thursday morning here at the beach. Wishing you all the best as you move forward with your new theater venue here. Looking forward to seeing you, too, at MATB2012 !!

Cap'n Mike
Seaside Showman
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seems like there is a new "convention favorite"(used loosely) and he will be making his South Eastern debut at Magic At the Beach. Keep your eyes peeled next week for the announcement.

Best,

-Matt

p.s. I also needed to make a correction to a post I made earlier by saying we are having four shows. It isn't four.... IT'S FIVE! THERE'S: The Opening "Las Vegas" Show, All Star Close-up Show, All Star Cabaret Show, Special 1-MAN Show, and The Champions of Magic Show. Can't get any better than that for $135.00!!!!

Email blast went out today !! If you didn't get it it's because you're not on it. Visit our website and signup today ... Here's what you missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings to all of our Friends in Magic,

It's time again to start preparing for South Carolina's premiere magic convention - Magic At The Beach, the Southeast's newest and freshest magic convention. Last year was a great success and this upcoming year will be even better. Mark your calendars for January 12 - 14, 2012 and head on down to Myrtle Beach at the Ocean Dunes Resort and Conference Center.

Magic At The Beach Convention rate is $135/USD if registered before December 1, 2011. Rate after December 1st including any walk-up registrants will be $150/USD. Registration will be limited. All rooms at the Ocean Dunes are ocean front and rates are $59/night USD. You will need to make your room reservations directly with the Ocean Dunes Resort. All information is on our website. Convention package includes premium swag bag, Welcome Party, workshops, lectures, and shows.

Here are just a few of the talented performers already booked.

Our Headliner, Jeff McBride, is a three time award winner at the International Grand Prix of Magic in Monte Carlo, and is widely recognized as a foremost innovator and most exciting performer in contemporary magic. Naming him "Vegas' Best" Magician several years ago, the Las Vegas Review Journal wrote: "Light years ahead of the pack. McBride is easily the most exciting and mesmerizing magician I've seen in years."

Mike Caveney is a member of the most prestigious group of magicians in the world, The Inner Magic Circle of London, England. He was recently voted Stage Magician Of The Year by the famous Magic Castle in Hollywood. His talents have taken him from Japan to Russia, fro m Monte Carlo to Borneo, Australia, China, throughout Europe and most of the 50 States. On television, Mike was named one of the New Vaudevillians and the Hollywood Reporter described him as, "...one of the funniest magicians in America."

Tina Lenert, an accomplished entertainer, has enchanted audiences worldwide and is known for combining elements of pantomime and magic. Her magic skills were developed by being a regular performer and life member of Hollywood’s Magic Castle, where she was voted Stage Magician of the Year by the Academy of Magical Arts & Sciences.

Save the dates and we will see you in the upcoming year in beautiful Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Special Announcement - Jeff McBride has agreed to lead his Super Session one-day workshop. This will be held on Sunday, January 15, 2012 and will be for an additional fee. See our website for details !!

January 12-14, 2012
http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Recent convention favorite makes his first stop in the South East. And where better than Magic At the Beach? For 2012 we will have New York Magician ASI WIND joining us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ASI WIND-Spontaneous and unpredictable, Asi's performances are a roller-coaster for the mind. Combining a free-spirited playfulness with superb skill and a uniquely creative mind, NYC based Corporate Mentalist (mind reader) Asi Wind treats each audience to a truly memorable experience.

He is globally hailed by magicians as being one of the few performers in the world to constantly innovate, develop, and perform entirely original material. Indeed, when a magician wants to be fooled, he attends Asi's show. No surprise, then, that a committee of his peers recently presented him with the International Merlin Award for "Most Innovate Show" - an award previously given to David Copperfield, Criss Angel, and Penn & Teller.

In addition to being the headliner at New York's longest-running magic show, and the performer of choice at the city's most upscale private events, Asi is frequently asked to invent and design ideas for other magicians worldwide. He is currently one of the main advisors for David Blaine's upcoming television special - a project that, for now, remains secret.

Asi Wind was born and raised in Tel Aviv, where he was voted "Best Magician in Israel." He currently resides in New York City, and spends most of his year performing across the globe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JEFF McBride, MIKE CAVENEY, TINA LENERT, and ASI WIND. More names to come. The biggest surprises won't even come until after December 1st so make sure to register early. Last year we had around 225 magicians come. To keep it the same, intimate atmosphere we are capping it off at 250 magicians. Once we hit our limit no more registrations will be sold. TEN international stars of magic, FIVE shows, SEVEN lectures, and one heck of a good time. Register Today!!!!
Another Name Announced:

Direct from Paris, France.

Magic At the Beach tries to have a few surprises and unknown
magic sensations. For 2012 we have found a European jewel that
is coming for the first time to the U.S.A!!!!! I promise you
have never seen him at another magic convention in America.
Magic At the Beach is bringing one of France's most sought
out cabaret performers. He has worked some of the most
prestigious theatres in Europe and for the first time he is
bringing his combination of magic, mime, music, comedy, and circus
acrobatics to America. Do not miss the highly entertaining
magic of XAVIER MORTIMER! Xavier is just as excited as we are
to be coming to the States.
------------------------------------------------------------

XAVIER MORTIMER
Corn-fed on a farm in Southwestern France, Xavier packs up his
suitcase to travel the world while creating shows that blend magic,
circus acts, music and comedy.

Xavier Mortimer studied at the Music and Dance Conservatory of La
Rochelle, as well as the Desmond Jones Acting School in London and
the Jacques Lecoq Acting School in Paris.

At the age of 15, he creates his first show, a combination of magic,
mime and comedy. Thereafter, he wins several prizes for Magic (1st
place at the Albano International Congress in Italy, Gold Star at
the L’Eau d’Olle magic festival in France).

A truly complete performer, he is the recipient of several more
international prizes for Magic rewarding his shows. He achieves
public recognition with his show « L’Ombre orchestre » (The One-
Man Shadow Orchestra) created in Avignon in 2006 and subsequently
performed in Paris and worldwide more than 600 times.

Xavier Mortimer is both the creator of and performer in visual
shows that he presents internationally. What’s more, he not
only composes the music for his own shows, but for other shows as well.

http://www.xaviermortimer.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------

How's that for a 4th of July present? Keep looking out as we slowly add
more and more names. Don't forget to register before December 1st. Cut-
off is 250 people. This year most of our surprises are staying hidden
before that date so register EARLY. If you have been to Magic At the
Beach then you know you have nothing to worry about, if you haven't just
ask anybody who has.

JEFF McBride, MIKE CAVENEY, TINA LENERT, ASI WIND, and XAVIER MORTIMER!
See you at the beach in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Matthew McCoy
MATB Talent/Show Director
Also a website has been added for the Champions of Magic Show
at the gilmore. If you want to buy tickets for the family
that is coming to the convention as well you can find out
ticket and general information there.

http://www.championsofmagicshow.com

Convention info is at:
http://www.magicatthebeach.org

Best,

-Matt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Matt !!

And remember, a reserved, premium ticket for Champions of Magic is included with your convention registration. If other family members are traveling with you yet not registering for the convention but would still like to attend the big show, let us know when you register and we will ensure that they are seated with you.

Magic At The Beach 2012 ... it just keeps getting better and better !!

See http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org for all the 411.

Mike Heidtman
Director, MATB2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xavier Mortimer is great !
Other great European names that have not been to the states often are:
Jerome Helfenstein - his new Black art act is one of the best ever!
Alana - watch out for her, she will be a FISM favorite.
Laurent Beratta: great card manipulations & great presentation of Blaney's ladder suspension
Rafael: he killed with his new lecture at the Magic Circle in London and he is a very funny and a very creative magician/illusionist.

Other favorites are Jerome Murat and Timo Mark but they have appeared on many conventions before.
Thanks tristanmagic for your suggestions. Xavier will be a BIG hit
with no one really knowing his work. I think our attendees will be
quite impressed and pleased. We are always looking to see who is hot,
underground, or winning the awards. Who will take to make the attendees
come out of the woodworks. I like seeing NEW acts and some CLASSIC acts.
Feel free to PM or email any suggestions anyone else might have. Maybe
there's a magic convention favorite that has never been down here or
you haven't seen in a while. Let us know.

-Matthew McCoy
Talent/Show Director
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For Immediate Release

Magic At The Beach is very proud to have announced two more talented artists in our
incredible line-up of performers and lecturers.

First Asi Wind, from New York. Spontaneous and unpredictable, Asi's performances are
a roller-coaster for the mind. Combining a free-spirited playfulness with superb skill
and a uniquely creative mind, NYC based Corporate Mentalist (mind reader) Asi Wind treats
each audience to a truly memorable experience.

Asi will be at MATB in Myrtle Beach, SC, January 12 - 14, 2012 performing in our Close-up
Show and presenting his NEW lecture as well as performing his one-man show. These shows and
lecture are only available to convention registrants so visit http://www.magicatthebeach.org and
register online today.

Also making his first appearance in the United States, Xavier Mortimer from France. Corn-fed
on a farm in Southwestern France, Xavier packs up his suitcase to travel the world while creating
shows that blend magic, circus acts, music and comedy. At the age of 15, he created his first show,
a combination of magic, mime and comedy. Thereafter, he won several prizes for Magic (1st place
at the Albano International Congress in Italy, Gold Star at the L’Eau d’Olle magic festival in France
and more. He will be preforming on the cabaret show and Gala show as well. An international star you
won't want to miss!

MATB 2012 will be held at the beautiful Sands Resort & Conference Center. Oceanfront rooms only $59/nt. Still one of the lowest convention rates in the country. The Gala Show will be at The Gilmore Theater,
home of The Carolina Opry. Gala show tickets are included with your registration.

If you were there this past January, you know and if not then you've heard what a great event
this is. It's not too early to make your reservations now so contact us and the resort as soon
as possible. Make sure you tell them you are with MATB!

We'll see you at MATB 2012 !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message: Posted by: Christian & Katalina (Jul 13, 2011 08:09AM)
This is an awesome convention and ran like a well oiled machine. Katalina and I had a blast performing there last year. We were really impressed by not only how well everything was run but also by how nice everyone is. If you're within driving distance....do not miss it. Side note for performers: Matt McCoy is an impressive stage manager and has a whip...don't make him use it. It hurts!
[quote]
On 2011-07-13 09:09, Christian & Katalina wrote:
This is an awesome convention and ran like a well oiled machine. Katalina and I had a blast performing there last year. We were really impressed by not only how well everything was run but also by how nice everyone is. If you're within driving distance....do not miss it. Side note for performers: Matt McCoy is an impressive stage manager and has a whip...don't make him use it. It hurts!
[/quote]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for the kind words you two !! And congratulations on receiving the Melbourne Christopher award for Mentalism at the S.A.M. National Convention ... Well deserved !!

Mike Heidtman
Director/MATB2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christian,

You are the only act I've ever had to use that with. And I don't think anyone who knows you will question why I did. Haha. Congrats on your award as well! And and a very happy Birthday to the beautiful Katalina. :)

-Matt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And don't forget y'all ... folks not only drive but also fly into Myrtle Beach all the time !! LOL.

If have any questions feel free to call us at our MATB2012 Hotline at 843.626.8191.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another name announced soon......

It's all a surprise!!!!!!

Have you registered yet?

-Matthew McCoy
Today is my birthday and I though I would share a present with all you by announcing another
name for Magic At the Beach! I am happy to say that the beautiful and graceful JADE will
be joining our incredible list of CHAMPIONS of MAGIC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JADE:
The exotic allure of Jade's magic stems from her Chinese heritage and her childhood on
the Indonesian island of Sumatra. Jade took the male-dominated world of magic by storm in
1990, when she won first place in the International Brotherhood of Magicians' World Magic
Competition. More importantly, a panel of celebrity judges honored her with the organization's
coveted Gold Medal of Magic, a prize awarded only a handful of times in the competition's
20-year history. To date, she remains the sole woman to receive this honor.

The renown from her win propelled Jade into appearances on foreign and national television.
She has performed on the stages of variety theaters in Europe and Canada; luxury cruise lines
like American Hawaii and Holland America; and casino revue shows in Atlantic City, Lake Tahoe,
Biloxi, and Las Vegas.

Monte Carlo 1994, the Royal Family of Monaco invited Jade to perform at the Princess Grace
Theater, an honor she considers a highlight of her career. Paris 1999, France's Minister
of Defense personally presented her the Golden Mandrake Award, France's most prestigious
magic honor. Las Vegas 2000, the International Magicians Society recognized Jade as
"Best Female Magician of the Year".

Jade's fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin, and English has proven a bonus in her travels
and engagements, allowing her to exchange illusionary techniques with other master
magicians throughout the globe. As Jade's repertoire and talents expand and become
even more diverse, the extraordinary beauty and grace of her enchanting performances
will continue to enrapture audiences around the world!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t miss the Beauty of magic,JADE, performing at Magic At the Beach in the cabaret and Champions of Magic Show!

MORE TO COME.... But register soon. We are capping it off this year at 250 and more suprises are around the corner.

-Matthew McCoy
I've never been before but am looking forward to it. Will you keep posting as it gets closer to the cap? It's hard for me to plan that far out.
To Aussiemagik:

Absolutely we will! The cap is really to assure that people sign up ahead of time.
Every year we have doubled our numbers and we expect to do the same this year.
In keeping with out tradition of staying a small star-studded convention
we want to gurantee that time will be available to meet and greet with your
favorite acts without the lines or mass of other conventions. It's the vacation
of the large conventions without the prices.

-5 SHOWS: All-Star Close-up Show, Cabaret Show, Champions of Magic, HOLLYWOOD Banquet,
and Asi Wind's 1-Man Show.
-7 Lectures
-Swag-Bag
-Dealer's Room
-Banquet Show including Dinner
-$135 Registration Price
-59.95 Rooms at the Ocean Dunes
-MYRTLE BEACH, SC, Location, Location, Location!
-JADE, XAVIER MORTIMER, ASI WIND, TINA LENERT, MIKE CAVENEY, AND JEFF McBride!!!!

Hope to see you in beautiful Myrtle Beach!!!

-Matthew McCoy
JADE!!!!! Very Nice! That is one of the acts I have never seen in person so that is awesome!

Joseph Young
Hopefully you can join us at the beach this year Joseph!

-Matt
Just booked Xavier's plane ticket from France, Asi's ticket from New York, and Jeff's ticket from Las Vegas. It's going to be an international good time. Have your booked your ticket yet????

-Matt
Have you registered for South Carolina's premier magic convention, Magic At The Beach? Thank you to the many who have and we wish to encourage those who have not to do so as soon as possible. Discounted convention rate to early birds and our list of incredible talent will be sure to entice you. Workshops, lectures, in-house shows, contests, Dealer's Room, awesome swag bags and a ticket to Champions of Magic Show at The Carolina Opry, too.

Jeff McBride will offer his Super Session master class on Sunday for an additional fee. Jeff's workshop has received high praise from those have experienced it first-hand. This is an excellent opportunity for you to benefit from this class as well.

Visit our website at http://www.magicatthebeach.org for all the information on the convention and resort. Feel free to call us at 843.626.8191 if you have any questions.

More artists yet to be announced. This is an event that is not to be missed !!

I'll see you at Magic At The Beach 2012.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ANOTHER NAME ANNOUNCED----IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

It wouldn't be Magic At the Beach unless we had at least ONE FISM WINNER.
Well, as it turns out, the Thursday night HEADLINER is one!!!!!!
Each year Magic At the Beach starts out the convention with a BANG with the lavish
welcome reception. This year's theme is the dazzling stars of HOLLYWOOD and we
have decided to bring in one of Hollywood's greatest magicians.....performing for
you a NEW one-man comedy show for all the attendees Thursday night. Each attendee
is going to feel like a star stepping onto the MAGIC AT THE BEACH red carpet.
And who better than Hollywood magician, GREGORY WILSON, to dazzle us that night?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GREGORY WILSON:
Gregory Wilson is a two-time FISM award-winner with a number of best-selling
instructional DVD's on the market. In 1998, Greg was also awarded the "Most
Creative Magician of the Year" by the International Brotherhood of Magicians.

He has contributed scores of original effects to MAGIC, Genii, Linking Ring,
M.U.M., Arcane, Penumbra, Magic Menu and other magazines, as well as a full
chapter in Paul Harris' The Art of Astonishment, a chapter in Harry Lorayne's
Best of Friends 3, a chapter in John Lovick's Switch, and a chapter in the
wildly popular Magic for Dummies. Just don't hold that last one against him!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gregory will be Headling the banquet Thursday night, performing his FISM winning
close-up magic in the ALL STAR close-up show, and then also will be appearing
in the CHAMPIONS OF MAGIC show Satturday night. Can it get any better????
I think so... but why wait? REGISTER TODAY!

-Matthew McCoy
Talent/Show Director
NEWS:

As more and more names have been announced our phones are ringing off
the hooks. More and more registrations come in each day. We are getting
a lot of interest from new people this year. I want to encourage everyone
that has attended in the past and wants to be included again this year needs
to register NOW. We are reaching our 200 mark soon and will only take 50
more after that. Once we hit 250, NO MORE REGISTRATIONS will be taken. We
have not discussed a "waiting-list", but I wouldn't count on that. We want
to make sure that the people who do come have a personable time with not only
the talent but with each other. The small venue and crowd is what make Magic
At the Beach feel like a family gathering. So come join us and sign up for
Magic At the Beach 2012 if you haven't done so already!!!!!

-Matthew McCoy
MATB Talent/Stage Manager
http://www.magicatthebeacg.org
I wrote the wrong link......

Please go to http://www.magicatthebeach.org

Thanks,
-Matthew McCoy
Thanks, Matt. Well put.

MATB2012 will be January 12 - 14, 2012
Ocean Dunes Resort & Conference Center
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
All Rooms Ocean-Front, $59/night
Typically weather is sunny, 65 degrees F

Lavish Welcome Reception,
Complimentary Swag Bag full of surprises,
Workshops, Lectures, Three In-House Shows, & Dealer's Room,
Registration includes premium reserved seat for the "Champions of Magic" Show,
"Champions of Magic" is produced at the Gilmore Auditorium, Home of the Carolina Opry,
Jeff McBride Super Session master class offered Sunday January 15, 2012.

What a Fantastic weekend dedicated to the Art of Magic !!

Invited Performing Talent includes:
Jeff McBride, Jade, Tina Lenert, Mike Caveney, Asi Wind, Gregory Wilson, & Xavier Mortimer
More Performers to be announced very soon.

We'll see you at the beach !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Next Name Announced Soon......
Don't forget to Pre-register. Twenty more came in this week!

-Matt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are ahead of our registration numbers this year compared to last year. Looking at the names of the folks who have registered I am seeing mostly new names. We are very pleased that so many folks are making the decision to signup. However all of you that have attended in the past need not wait. Remember if you register prior to December 1, 2011 you will save yourself some money because after the 1st of December the registration fee goes up !! Registration is limited to the first 250 to signup.

Visit http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org to learn all about it.

All rooms at the Ocean Dunes Resort and Conference Center are $59/night and all rooms are ocean front. Be sure to mention MATB to get the discounted rate. Contact information is available on the website.

We pride ourselves in bringing some of the best magicians in the world to Myrtle Beach, SC, USA for the first time ever and this will be no exception. January 12 - 14, 2012.

On Sunday January 15, 2012 our Headliner, Jeff McBride, will lead and instruct his highly acclaimed Super Session Master Class for an additional fee. There is an information link for this on the website also.

Workshops, lectures, shows, parties, Dealer's Room, Swag Bags, Contests, impromptu late night sessions and so much more.

Confirmed invited talent includes:

Jeff McBride, Jade, Tina Lenert, Mike Caveney, Asi Wind, Gregory Wilson, and from France, Xavier Mortimer.

More names will be announced very soon. So wait no longer ... call or register securely via our website.

I'll see you all at MATB2012 !!

Mike Heidtman, Director/Event Coordinator MATB2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Though it is not up on the website yet, I will be there as dealer (Hughes Magic) again this year. I look forward to meeting and talking with many of you again.

Richard
Next week we will be announcing talent. Keep watch and remember to register early.
Hopefully after the commitee's next meeting we will have an update as to what
the pace is for registrations and how many slots are left. We will keep you
posted. Schedule online will be updated as well once all talent is released.

BOOK Today...... http://www.magicatthebeach.org

-Matthew McCoy
Talent/Show Director
Forgot to say....

Glad you are coming back Richard! I know you don't travel to many
conventions really so it's nice you come down to join us.

Best,

-Matt
We are about three months away from South Carolina's Premiere
Magic Convention: MAGIC AT THE BEACH. Things are starting to shape
up very nicely. Meetings are underway for the Champions of Magic
Show at the famous Gilmore theatre(home of the Carolina Opry),
shipments have gone out this week to magic shops revealing the last
of our talent, decorations for our opening "Hollywood" banquet have
been chosen and ordered, invitations are printed, posters, magazines,
Swag-Bags, Prizes, Surprises, and airline tickets(for nine of the
top professionals in our business) have all been arranged.

This year Magic At the Beach is taking a step up into the "Big League"
and will be unveiling some new looks, equipment, and as you can see from
the schedule some new events for all of the attendees. We have added a
Two-time FISM winner to Thursday Night's Opening Banquet and Hollywood
red carpet.... performing his 1-man comedy show is the "Criminal Magician"
Gregory Wilson. This year we have added a special event, at NO EXTRA COST,
which will be Asi Wind's 1-Man Show. The close-up show will be featuring Asi
Wind, Gregory Wilson, Jeff McBride, and another FISM winner that has yet
to be announced. The Cabaret show will feature all of our stage performers
and highlight Xavier Mortimer, making his first USA Premiere from France. The
Champions of Magic Show will have Jade, Mike Caveney, Tina Lenert, Xavier Mortimer
Gregory Wilson, and Jeff McBride will be headlining. But we have one more spot to
add to the already impressive list of Champions of Magic........

Performing in the cabaret show, lecturing, and showcasing his original brand
of illusions and dove work(as seen on America's Got Talent) JAY MATTIOLI!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jay Mattioli:
At 18 years old, he was hailed by the International Brotherhood of
Magicians as a "Champion of Magic", becoming one of the youngest
magicians to ever receive this honor. Then in 2006, Jay was awarded
1st Prize at the Society of American Magicians International Stage
Contest of Magic. Jay is one of only a few magicians in HISTORY to
receive 1st prize in both of these international magic competitions.
More recently, Jay electrified the nation and stunned the judges with
his appearance on NBC's #1 hit show " AMERICA'S GOT TALENT".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are still waiting to make plans I encourage you to register now,
as we are filling up we will announce a cut-off of 250 attendees. If
we do not reach this by December 1st the price goes up to $150 for late
registers and walk-ups. Come be a part of this unique experience and
join us at Magic At the Beach 2012!

Magic At the Beach
January 12-14, 2012
Registration- $135 until November 30, 2011.
Ocean Dunes Rooms- $59.99 a night for Ocean view

-Matthew McCoy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calls and online registrations are coming in daily and we thank you !!

Come and be a part of this unique experience and join us at Magic At the Beach 2012 being held January 12 - 14, 2012 in Myrtle Beach, SC at the Ocean Dunes Resort.

All rooms are ocean-front and are $59/night USD.

Information for the Ocean Dunes Resort & Conference Center is available on our website.
Be sure to mention 'Magic At The Beach' to get the special rate!

Can it get any better? I do believe it could ... but why wait? Registration is limited. Register early and save! Registration price goes up after December 1st.

REGISTER TODAY - http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
or call Broadway Magic at 843-626-8191

Yours in Magic,

Mike Heidtman
Event Coordinator

This line-up definitely needs more close-up..... hopefully the last person will do it.

Stay tuned.....

-Matthew McCoy
Talent/Stage Director

p.s. I always like hearing who attendees want to see. Feel free to email
or send me a PM. I'm always thinking about who to bring in the future. :)
Another FISM Winner Added!

Paul Gertner to appear at MAGIC AT THE BEACH 2012

Paul Gertner is recognized as one of the finest sleight-of-hand magicians in the world today, his first place awards in international competitions at Las Vegas, Madrid and Miami confirms this status. Paul has consulted for David Copperfield on his TV specials. His original routines, Cups and Balls with Steel Ball Bearings and Ring on the Hourglass, are classics of magic - leaving experts amazed. He is the author of "Paul Gertner: Steel & Silver", also released on DVD in a four-volume set.

Paul's close-up magic has won First Place awards at major magic competitions including FISM, IBM, SAM, and winner of the first Siegfried & Roy Gold Lion Award for close-up magic at the $10,000 Las Vegas Desert Magic Seminar Sleight-of-Hand Challenge.

Come be a part of this unique experience and join us at Magic At The Beach 2012 being held January 12 - 14, 2012 in Myrtle Beach, SC at the Ocean Dunes Resort.

All rooms are ocean-front and are $59/night USD.
Information for the Ocean Dunes Resort & Conference Center is available on our website http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org .

Registration rate goes up after December 1st and is limited to the first 250 guests to register.

Don't miss out on this event ... it's going to be unforgettable !!

Jeff McBride, Gregory Wilson, Asi Wind, Jay Mattioli, Tina Lenert, Mike Caveney, Jade, Xavier Mortimer and Paul Gertner will all be there ... will you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reminder:

Jeff McBride will be offering his Super Session Master Class on Sunday, January 15, 2012 at the Magic At The Beach conference center. THE JEFF McBride SUPER SESSION is a unique teaching format that allows all students of magic, regardless of age or skill level, to improve their abilities, develop their character, and learn the inside secrets of the business of magic. Here's what Jeff says:

Dear Fellow Magician:

Students come to my magic classes with a single common vision: to take
their magic to the next level of excellence. This goal is always achieved.
SPACE IS LIMITED ... REGISTER TODAY. If you have a passion for magic, and a desire
to learn and spend time in the creative process with other dedicated students,
then this is for you.

ALL AGES AND SKILL LEVELS WELCOME
We welcome all those who are dedicated to taking their magic to the
next level. I look forward to seeing you at THE JEFF McBride SUPER
SESSION!

Yours in better magic,

Jeff McBride
Founder and President

Thanks Jeff. This very special session is being offered for a reasonable additional fee at Magic At The Beach 2012 in Myrtle Beach, SC, USA. Be sure to signup for this very unique learning opportunity when registering for MATB2012.

More information can be found at http://www.magicatthebeach.org .

Yours in Magic,

Mike Heidtman
Director/Event Coordinator MATB2012

Well...I didn't see a cutoff notice, so you should have received my registration as of Saturday morning. Looking forward to the event!

Cheers! ;)
[quote]
On 2011-11-13 00:21, Stanyon wrote:
Well...I didn't see a cutoff notice, so you should have received my registration as of Saturday morning. Looking forward to the event!

Cheers! ;)
[/quote]

You're in !! Thanks for registering and a reminder to everyone else - convention package rates go up after December 1st. That leaves you all just over two weeks to jump on-board for this exciting weekend full of magic events. http://www.magicatthebeach.org for all the latest information or call 843.626.8191 and we'd be happy to answer any questions that you might have. Jeff McBride Master Class on Sunday January 15, 2012 for an additional fee.

Magic At The Beach
Ocean Dunes Resort & Conference Center, Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
12-14 January 2012
Rooms $59/night, all rooms ocean front.

Some of the best names in magic here for one very special weekend.
You should be here, too.

MATB2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am really looking forward to Magic at the Beach. It looks like we will be closing down the after party for the third year in a row. Great times with even better friends. You guys won't want to miss this one.
I'll be right there with you!
Game on , I'm in. Looking forward to it. Quite a line up.
Trois
Looking to do something special for the Café people if you help spread the word and bring a friend. I know at some coventions someone brings Café stickers to put on your badge so everyone knows. Does anyone from here want to do something like that? Maybe have donut and coffee Thursday morning? Most people are coming in Wednesday. Gregory Wilson's show and the Hollywood red carpet is not to be missed. Send pms if you're interested or feel free to post. I think more dealer's will be announced shortly. This could be the best yet.

-Matthew McCoy
Put me down I be their
Just offically registered, I know the room rates are low, but if there is anyone that may want to share a room to help with cost. Means more money for you in the dealer room..lol Message me and lets talk.
It is great to read the posts from you all who have recently registered. Please remember that the rate goes up after December 1st ... that's this Thursday !! If you've been on fence hesitating jump in now and save yourself a little money, like Lion says, "More money for the Dealer's Room."

We are very excited at how awesome this event is going to be. Please be a part of it, the more the merrier.

Visit http://www.magicatthebeach.org or call us at 843.626.8191 between 10AM - 6PM EST any day and we will assist you in every way possible.

See you MATB2012,

Michelle
Marketing Director and Corporate Liaison, MATB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today Lucy and I got registered and made room reservations.

We look forward to being there in January and to seeing lots of old friends and enjoying some delightful magic.

Bob and Lucy Sanders
Magic By Sander
Great, looking forward to seeing you again Bob.
We just registered. The gang and I are looking forward to meeting you all as well!
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wxYYeyEYvgU/TtXLKG6DAtI/AAAAAAAAANA/fWtCiGqZ-ro/s1600/Mupp1.jpg[/img]
Wow! Miss Piggy! Her 1979 quote of the year, "My beauty is my curse."
This is the last day to take advantage of the discounted registration rate.

You know you're coming and we want you to have a little more money to spend in the Dealer's Room
so call us now or register safely online at http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org .

Looking forward to seeing you at the beach in January !!

Michelle

I am so happy to say that registrations have exceeded our expectations this year. We are over fifty percent more in registrations this year compared to last year. Thank you to everyone that pre-registered for the discount rate. In the last two days alone we received dozens of registrations. We are getting close to our cap-off and feel confident we will reach our goal. If you are trying to wait for a walk-up registration, wait no more. Registration is now $150.00 so take advatange and give someone an early Christmas present, book today. We are meeting soon to get final numbers and will keep you posted on how close we are getting for those that are still waiting for the last possible weekend get-a-way. You will want to be here! Trust me.

Cheers,

Matthew McCoy
Wow, watch this ... a new video to help promote the "Champions of Magic" show Saturday night at the Carolina Opry.
Remember, your registration includes a premium reserved seat for this show also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qtPYNYEhC5A

Call 843.626.8191, 10:00AM - 6:00PM any day to register or if you have questions.
Register securely online at http://www.magicatthebeach.org .

See you all very soon in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC, USA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you checked out the list of Dealer's for MATB2012 recently?

Just added Mark Mason to our list. We are very pleased that Mark will be returning to MATB along with Joe Mogar, Jim Lee, Ron Conley, Bob Little, Richard Hughes, Al Bach and H&R Books.

We'll be adding a few others soon so keep your eye on the website and check out our updated schedule of events for the weekend, too.

If you haven't registered yet know that there is still some space available. Call us or register securely online via the website.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is Official,

At an afternoon meeting today with the Myrtle Beach City Council we were presented a Proclamation From Mayor John Rhodes proclaiming January 9th through the 15th 2012 "Magic at the Beach Week". The City Council officially welcomes "the hundreds of performers and enthusiasts who will attend the third annual Magic at the Beach convention and accompanying "Champions of Magic" show."

Now if you haven't 'officially' registered call us or signup safely via our website:

Call 843.626.8191 10AM-6PM EST if we can help with anything.

I'll be in the dealer's room with 200 of my "thread tubes" on sale. Plus some other goodies. : )

-JoeJoe
EVERYONE WHO IS 17 and under!!!

If you are a junior and coming to Magic at the Beach please email info@magicatthebeach.org and let us know
if you are interested in attending the Junior Pizza Dinner. We are supplying drinks, pizza, and popcorn and
hosting a dinner party before the All-Star Cabaret show that you can enjoy and eat with ALL the MATB performers,
ask questions,perform for them, and watch them do some impromptu magic. This is only open to the youth and
MATB staff will be provided to chaperone. Space and pizza is limited so please let us know if you plan on participating.

REGISTRATION ANNOUNCEMENT:
Registration is reaching the cap-off. We have about fifty more slots to go which are expected to come in after the
Christmas Holidays. MATB staff have decided if we receive more than the allotted number it will be a first come,
first serve basis, in which the order of your registration was received. We will put the extras on a waiting list and
then if no one drops out a refund will be issued. Don't miss out on this event. Plenty of surprises are still to come.
I know we have a lot of "regulars" waiting and I simply hope those guys aren't the ones to miss out hanging this year.

McBride SUPER SESSION is filling up nicely also. Those still interested please contact Roman LePree
at info@magicatthebeach.org. I believe five or so spaces left on that as well.

Happy Holidays,

-Matthew McCoy
Just Announced:

Another Dealer added to the Dealer's Room:

LOSANDER
In the world of magic there is only one name that is synonymous with the art of levitation – Losander.
World renowned across three continents, Losander has performed his magic in exclusive venues from
Europe to Japan and Australia. He has performed in the internationally famed Magic Castle in Hollywood
and is currently performing in the World’s Greatest Magic Show in Las Vegas. In 2006, Losander received
the Milbourne Christopher Award for Illusionist of the Year and notable contributions to the art of magic.
Losander will bring his exclusive effects to you at Magic at the Beach 2012.
http://www.losander.me

See you at Magic At the Beach 2012!!!

Hurry... the cut-off is approaching!

-Matthew McCoy
Talent/Show Director
WAIT!!!! One more dealer!!! Sorry.

Seo-Magic:
Their original shop is in Hiroshima, Japan. Seo Magic is famous for Kabuki Streamers and
Snowstorms in use all around the world for many years by many famous magicians. In the
past, their products were only available in Japan or at Magic Conventions, and it was very
difficult to purchase our products in the United States. Their mission is to bring you the
best magic from Japan with the ease of buying it all over the world.
http://www.seomagic-usa.com

Why wait?? Registrations are limited. Cut-off of 250 is approaching.

-Matthew McCoy
If there is anyone that is attending the convention that may still need a roommate to save some money, message me. I know the rooms are at a great rate already, but you could still use the extra money.
We just had another jump in registration yesterday after people got Christmas money in.
We are looking at about 35 spots left. If you want that to be you register today!
We may be able to squeeze in more but don't count on it. If anything a waiting list will be made.
If you haven't already go ahead and book your rooms as well. I know the ocean front view rooms
are almost sold out. I believe only in the "teens" are left. If you want to stay at the hotel of the
convention I would get your room ASAP. Thanks to all who have decided to make their first
convention in 2012 Magic At the Beach. You won't be disappointed. Have a Happy New Year
and see you in a few short weeks.

-Matthew McCoy
Just got my registration and booked my room for the convention! Had a great time performing last year but looking forward to just hanging back and enjoying the MAGIC!!!
So who else is coming?
Booking my room, if anyone knows of someone that would like to spilt cost. Send them my way!!!
Lucy and I are making arrangements now to get help handling things here at Magic Valley Ranch while we are there at Magic At the Beach 2012. Thanks for adding Losander. It should be fabulous!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Say , when is this event again ? It sounds like it will be a good one.
One week away! :)
Looking forward to it. We have a nice sized group coming up from Charleston.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are a week away from hosting South Carolina's premier magic event, Magic at the Beach 2012.

An incredible line up of stars will be offering workshops, lectures, and shows.

Diverse Dealer's Room, awesome Swag Bag, kickin' "Hollywood" themed opening Welcome Reception and premium reserved seating at the "Champions of Magic" show at the Carolina Opry Saturday night.

Registrations still available, $150 for the entire weekend.

All rooms $59/night oceanfront.

See the website and call 843.626.8191 for further assistance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And then there were three days!

See y'all Thursday!
Bazinga
Looking forward to seeing many friends there later this week!
Last meeting just took place and the team is ready to GO!
Started stuffing swag-bags(Lots of REAL good stuff for working pros),
and load-in starts tomorrow. It's gonna be BIG this year!

Still time if you want to join us.... it's never too late!

-Matthew McCoy
IT'S A GOOD ONE FOLKS
I'll spend the day packing todary. Then I leave at 5 am to drive 12 hours. Hopefully, I can just crash and recover before it all starts up.

Richard
Bazinga?
Swag bags packed, registration packages assembled, first push for load-in happening now, talent begins arriving tomorrow. Some registrations still available.

MATB2012 ... Happy Magic Week, Myrtle Beach, SC, USA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was at Conley's today ... bumped into three magi here for the convention! One can start to feel the excitement here in town!

-JoeJoe
4 hours and counting and we leave for the convention. Going to spend tomorrow morning doing the tourist thing.
Packing my stuff now, we leave first thing in the morning. Looking forward to a good time and the opportunity to catch up with old friends.
Hooray for Hollywood!!! Gregory Wilson is ready for Thursday . Make sure you're here!!!
We're leaving tomorrow morning bright and early! See everyone there! MAGIC!!!! :D
Lucy and I are already here. The place is beautiful! We are waiting for you!

Bob and Lucy Sanders
Kath and I got in at 7 pm yesterday after drving 13 hours. Hotel had screwed up the reservation but I managed to get it straightened. Tough to find a decent place to eat after 8 pm that doesn't want an arm and leg. With it being the off season and midweek a lot of place are closed until Feb.

But the sunrise is magnificent and looking for the relaxing and recharging a bit.

Will set up the dealer display today and get ready for the old and new friends to filter by.

Richard
You guys are going to have a ball..Great convention! The organizers are terrific.
I really enjoyed it last year, but had a business conflict this time.
For those of us who can't make it, it helps to be able to log-in here for updates throughout the weekend.
Thanks in advance for any postings to help make us feel like we're right there with you in Myrtle Beach!
Have fun.
The convention is off to a great start! Gregory Wilson gave us an excellent show at the banquet tonight. The food and events were also fantastic. There is a good assortment of dealers and time to see them.

Saturday has even higher expectations.

Everything for Friday has been wonderful.

Don't miss this!

Bob
This has been a great weekend (although I am prejudice being event coordinator ...). Big thanks go ot to the extremely talented and prefessional magical entertainers we brought in: Jeff McBride, Jade, Tina Lenert, Mike Caveney, Jay Mattioli, Asi Wind, Paul Gertner, Gregory Wilson and making his American debut, Xavier Mortimer.

Hollywood themed party Thursday night looked beautiful (thanks Buddy Farnan). All in-house shows, workshops, lectures, competitions went off with no problem. Dealer's Room rocked. Tonight is the Gala Show at the beautiful Carolina Opry. Winners of the competitions will be announced there. Thanks to our Judges: Obie O'Brien (world of Magic), Nathan Herron (Headline performer at the Carolina Opry) and Brock Santa (Theatre of the Republic, Conway, SC).

Everyone's already asking about next year and all I can say is keep your eyes on our website for the latest information.

Thank you to the MATB2012 staff: Dave Tanner, Roman LePree, Melena LePree, Michelle Householder, Matt McCoy and myself.

Thanks for coming everyone and we'll see the rest of you all next year.

Yours in Magic,

Mike Heidtman
Event Coordinator, MATB2012
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This has been a very nice convention, and I have really enjoyed myself, and to top it off the weather is perfect and to be near the beach makes it even more enjoyable...
Nicely done. Everyone seemed to had a good/great time. Got to meet old friends and new friends and a ton of locals. The good ole locals came out strong in support. Talent was fantastic.
Loved it! Let's do it again!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Competition results: Youth, First place, Jay Temaat, second place, Steve Quintero.
Closeup, First place, Hayden Childress, second place, Ron Conley.
Stage, First place, Michael Trixx, second place, Steve Owens.
What a great job by everyone at Magic at the Beach. Sign me up for next year.
My apologies to the Second Place winner of the Youth Stage Contest. The name should be Christopher Quintero.
This was a GREAT convention! And only a select 20 people or so got to experience the best part of the convention! Just goes to show you don't wimp out and go to bed early! I'll be ready to sign up once you can register!
Backstage with the contest winners, interviewed by Jeff McBride - on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZsVn1KjViQ&feature=youtu.be

Jeff McBride, Michael Trixx, Jay Temaat, & Bill Cook, backstage at the Gilmore Auditorium and hotel - you might see yourself at the party!
This was a great convention. Thanks to Matt, Roman, Mike and all the others who worked so hard to make it so good. It was wonderful to see a lot of friends I had not seen in a while and make some new ones not mention the fantastic magic in both the competitions and the shows. Can next year be better? I am not sure, but the folks that put it all together can probably make it happen if anyone can. :)
Magic at the Beach weekend in Review

Magic at the Beach 2012 is a wrap. Looking back on the flurry of activity over this past weekend I’m not sure where to begin my review. I suppose at the beginning … first allow me to thank the incredible staff for their hard work leading up to opening day: Dave Tanner and Roman LePree our Co-Chairmen, Melena LePree as Logistics & Hospitality, Michelle Householder in charge of Marketing & Corporate Liaison, Matt McCoy as Talent Liaison and Stage Manager for all productions and Mike Heidtman as Event Coordinator. Jeff Miller and William McLean help us every year doing anything that needs done on the fly – you two are fabulous.

Registration opened on time and ran smoothly. All guests received an incredible swag bag full of products and material. Magic effects, the MATB Magazine featuring articles and effects written by all of the invited talent, a poster, bottle of MATB water and more were given away. The contents of which were almost worth the price of admission.

Buddy Farnan decorated the Main Ballroom for our Hollywood themed Welcome Reception Thursday night and it was beautiful. All of our guests walked down the Red Carpet to enter as they were met by the paparazzi and greeted by Eric Hall channeling the magnetic presence of Mandrake the Magician and Mike Heidtman on the microphone looking quite dapper in his tuxedo. A lavish dinner buffet was enjoyed by all prior to Gregory Wilson killing the room with his one man show. If you have not seen Gregory perform let me say that his wit, skill and presentation lead to infectious laughter from beginning to end. Following the reception the Dealer’s Room opened where a cash bar was open for the entire weekend and tables were setup for sessioning.

Friday morning started off with Stage Competitions for both Youth and Adults. Our Judges for all competitions were Obie O’Brien representing the magic community, Nathan Heron who is the headline entertainer at the Carolina Opry/Good Vibrations show and Brock Santa, a professional actor, dancer and costumer currently with the Theatre of the Republic and formerly toured with Tomsoni & Co. Youth stage contest results had Jay Temaat winning First Place and Christopher Quintero taking Second Place. Adult stage contest results ended with Michael Trixx winning First Place and Steve Owens taking Second Place. Mike Caveney then presented the first lecture of the weekend and following lunch the Close-up Show was performed by Gregory Wilson, Asi Wind, Jeff McBride and Paul Gertner performing his FISM winning act. Gregory Wilson and Jeff McBride presented their lectures later that afternoon. After dinner everyone reassembled in the Main Ballroom for our in-house Cabaret Show. Jade was our MC and presented her magic along with turns by Mike Caveney, Tina Lenert, Jay Mattioli, Jeff McBride and Xavier Mortimer. I’d like to add that MATB was very proud to provide Xavier his American debut. From France, Xavier is a complete package: magician, juggler and movement artist. I predict that this will be the first of many visits to the United States for this young man. Later that night Jay Mattioli presented the fourth lecture of the weekend.

Saturday morning kicked off early with the Close-up competition with Hayden Childress as “Haydini” taking the First Place award and Ron Conley taking home Second Place. After Paul Gertner presented the fifth lecture of the weekend the Main Ballroom was transformed into the Asi Wind Theater as Asi presented his special one man show for all of our guests. The audience gave Asi a well deserved ovation at the conclusion and one of the many positive comments overheard was, “That man is not a magician, he is a true sorcerer !!”. Asi then presented the sixth and final lecture of the weekend following his show.

But wait, there’s more. All of the guests registered for MATB also received a premium reserved ticket for the “Champions of Magic” show Saturday night. The show was presented on the stage of the beautiful Gilmore Auditorium, home of the Carolina Opry. MATB guests and the people of Myrtle Beach filled the theatre and were presented with an awesome show. From the prelude laser light show to the final bow by the cast this show surpassed all expectations. Bravo indeed. After the show all MATB guests returned to the resort for the Farewell Party. Heavy hors d’oeuvres, beverages and a cash bar were provided while music and lights set the atmosphere. This party carried on until the wee hours of Sunday morning and yet some of the same guests that were present until the end still managed to attend the Super Session taught by Jeff McBride which began at 9:00AM. This Master Class was available for an additional fee however all who attended know that any amount of time spent with this teacher and mentor is worth twice the price.

Re-reading what I just wrote I am sure there are still things I haven’t mentioned and perhaps some folks I have failed to thank and yet the biggest thanks goes out to each and every one of you who came down to beautiful Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for Magic at the Beach. The MATB staff will meet soon and begin making plans for 2013. MATB is held annually in January on the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday weekend. We look forward to seeing all of our old friends back and hope to meet many more new friends next year. Thank you all once again for making Magic at the Beach so special.

Submitted by Mike Heidtman, Event Coordinator, MATB2012
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
We have just returned from one of the very best conventions ever.
Everything went without a hitch. Great Shows, Lectures, dealer's Room, and good food.
Other conventions should take a lesson. We were very pleased and had a wonderful time.
Magic at the Beach is a convention that should be on your list for next year.
Joe & Joan Mogar
Great review written by Mike that covered everything we had to offer. I have nothing else to add to what has already been said but a personal thank you from me. I stay super busy throughout the weekend making sure all needs are met for the talent that way they can do less and spend more time with the registrants. I don't get a lot of time to spend with my friends throughout the week but you all enjoying the line-up and shows is worth my stress and hardwork. I finally got to breathe at the welcome party (not to mention pig out on wings and kick off my shoes) and a couple of people came up to me and just shared how much they thoroughly enjoyed the entire line-up and shows. Thank you, thank you... it means a lot. I am always looking for who YOU want to see. I am sure we will be announcing details sooner than later. Thanks again and I hope to see you ALL, plus a friend, again next year.

Best Wishes,

Matthew McCoy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sent an email blast to everyone on our list recently requesting feedback on the event you just experienced. I'd like to thank all of you who have taken the time to respond with your comments and suggestions.

If you haven't written us yet, please take a moment to do so, we'd love to hear what you have to say.

Remember to 'friend' us on FaceBook and signup for our eNewsletter via our website,

We will be posting a photo slide show soon so stay tuned ...

You may now return to your regularly scheduled magic ...

MATB2013 - coming soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well over 200 photos posted on our Facebook site from our recent event in Myrtle Beach.
Check them out, you may see your face there.

Still acquiring more photos from other sources, we will post all of those and edit the slide show together as promised.

But for now head over to:
https://www.facebook.com/MagicAtTheBeach

A short glimpse of what you missed out on in 2012.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBCWFmTiJlY

JANUARY 17-19, 2013!!!!

Are you ready?