(Close Window)
Topic: Looking for a setting for a story?
Good food for thought...

http://www.gadling.com/2011/04/27/the-worlds-ten-creepiest-abandoned-cities/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%7C211267
Thank you, great information!
Very creepy indeed. Thanks! Wonder if they even bother to try and keep squatters out?
Awesome find! Especially Oradour-sur-Glane......I can feel a story coming on now about a friend
of mine who was there, but didn't keep quiet while in the village.....tsk tsk tsk......it's unwise to upset the dead!
Hashima Island should look familiar to anyone who watched the Japanese movie Battle Royale II. That’s were the filming took place for the movie. At that time the island was not open to the public and special permission was required to visit the island. They have since opened the island up for special tours. A photographer’s paradise if anyone ever had the chance. Possibly an excursion for my next trip to Japan if I have the time.

The Japanese nick name for the island is “Gunkanjima” (or "Battleship Island" in English) because of its profile when seen at a distance. The island, rich with coal deposits, was a booming mining time for the better part of the 20th Century. However the influx of cheap oil beginning in the 1960s caused the demand for coal to evaporate. In 1974 the decision came down from Mitsubishi to shut down their mining operations there and close the island. Everyone was promptly relocated to the mainland and virtually over night the island became a ghost town and a time capsule of an entire city.

Is the place haunted? Not to my knowledge, but I’m sure a little creative thinking could cure that.
Wow! May be thinking of moving to one of these..... after all, my funeral business IS dying...
Wow, it's not usual to see Taiwan on the Caf?
However, the house in Sanzhi was removed by goverment last December.

YuYen
Awesome link Michael. Thanks for sharing!
Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy, but interesting.
Kolmanskop, Namibia, was used as a location in the both films "Dust Devil" and "the King is alive".