(Close Window)
Topic: The Gift, a type of CAAN, ebook
Hey guys,

Here is another one, that I am working on and will be finished soon.

Its called "THE GIFT"

Effect:
Mentalist states to Spectator #1 that he has a gift for her, and takes out an imaginary dice…….he states that this dice is special, as it has 10 sides, and gives the dice to the spectator.
Mentalist instructs Spectator #1 to roll the imaginary dice on the table, and see what number landed face up…….Spectator #1 rolls the dice, and says it landed on “5”
Ok….
Now, the mentalist turns to Spectator #2, and states that he has a similar gift for him, but instructs him to roll the imaginary dice, but not say anything, or write anything down.
Spectator #2, now has a number in mind, that nobody else knows but him.

Mentalist has the cards well mixed and shuffled, and instructs Spectator #2, that as the cards go by, he is to remember the card that falls at his number…..all this happens while the mentalist looks away.

Once the spectator confirms that he has a card locked in his mind….then the cards are set down on the table.

Mentalist asks Spectator #2 to name his thought of number for the first time, and he says “7”…

So, now mentalist takes the dice from Spectator #1, which was “5”, and adds it to dice from Spectator #2, which lets say is “7”….. to get a total of 12.

11 cards are counted……and the 12th card is lifted…..Mentalist asks Spectator #2 for their card…………..and it’s a perfect match.

There are 6 variations taught, even one with a memorized stack.

More to come soon............

Alex
I will send out 3 review copies.

Thanks

Alex
Just shot you a PM. Sounds great. Thanks
Only 1 left ...

thanks

Alex
I received one of the review copies and have read through it. I have not yet performed it (literally received it and read through it twice in the past 10 minutes). I don't know Alex other than reading his comments on this forum. The Gift is 5 pages and plays out as described in Alex's description. I love the use of the imaginary dice since I think this helps disguise methods. I also love the fact that the second number selected is kept silent at first. Overall the effect is very strong and will be favored by anyone who likes ACAAN type of effects. The main version does require some sleight of hand. Importantly, Alex gives multiple variations on how to perform the effect which I think makes sense so that the performer can perform in a way in which he is most assured and confident. Finally, proper crediting is done at the end of the effect. Overall, I like these type of effects and will definitely use this one to see what type of reactions I get. Very nice thinking.
Also recieved a copy a couple of minutes ago.
The manuscript reads easy and all is well explained, step by step.

Allthough the method is simple, it does the "trick". Simplicity works!
6 Variations to fit your style and likings. Each and every one very clever thinking.

Well done, Alex.
This is great!
SO clever, easy, simple.
5 pages of clever magic!

Kyle
The Gift is also the name of a Paul Brook book. Any chance you might change the title?

Cheers

Todd
I have received a review copy, and am looking forward to road-testing it over the weekend. It is a beautifully simple method - yet it will fool people. More to follow in a few days...
Hi Todd,

Yes, thank you for making me aware....

In this title

I put

"The Gift, a type of CAAN," ebook

Although looks the same, it is different, don't you think?

I can still change it, since I am still tweaking the rough copy.

It could be named: Dice CAAN

But I think I might leave The Gift, a type of CAAN, ebook......not sure yet....release details coming soon.

Alex
This sounds great!!
I just had a chance to sit down and read through Alex's "Gift". I have to agree with the posters above - a simple, clever approach to a classic effect. In addition to the original handling, several variations are provided. This is a well thought out effect and I enjoyed having the chance to review it. Thanks, Alex!

-Tony
Thanks all for the reviews.

I hope that you all will use this, as this is something that you can do anywhere, anytime.

Alex
Very clever approach, indeed. Alex has another winner on his hands here. Elegant and simple. I look forward to more wonderful work from Alex.
Why not call it

A Different Kind of CAAN

Cheers

Todd
Todd,

It could be.

I will keep that in mind.

I might just change the name before its release.

Thanks

Alex
Hi all

Got sent this a few days ago,and ive finally got the chance to sit down and have a read, first impressions, this is a great effect, cleverly thought out and from what I can see in my mind would work really well.

The method behind this is fool proof and very deceptive, Simple but very deceptive which in my mind makes this a worker.

Great work Alex, hats off to you sir

All the best

R
This will be released tomorrow.

Look for it tomorrow

Alex
I just read the Alex effect,
what I can say that it is very easy and deceptive at same time.

It requires just you concentrate on a good presentation,
because the effect is almost selfworking.

Well done Alex.

Bye,
Tommy.
This project has been delayed by about a day or two.

I will provide more info tomorrow when I know more.

Sorry, I will keep you all updated.

Thanks again

Alex

Posted: May 11, 2011 12:45pm
------------------------------------------------
This ebook will be released later on today.

I decided to change the name, thanks Dr. Todd, since THE GIFT has already been used before

Matt Sconce THE GIFT
Paul Brook THE GIFT

This ebook is now being called "THE CUBE"

Alex
How bout the gift cube?

John
John,

Good Idea.

Let me send it over to see if it makes it in time.

Alex
I really love this. When reading the description I was totally fooled. Read the method and laughed my head off. So simple but very good thinking! Very clever. Not only will this fool lay people but I bet it will get magicians as well.

What makes it so good is the psychology behind it. It seems so test conditions because you know so little (which is true!). But that one little piece of knowledge allows everything to work.

BTW, personal preference but I prefer the non-sleight of hand version which involves cutting the deck. I think this is important, especially if you are performing this as a mentalism effect and not a magic effect. Otherwise how could the card be at the number unless by magic (those who have this will understand what I'm saying)? But if you give the deck a few cuts to "to mix up the cards", then it makes sense as a mentalism effect because the selection could apparently be at any number at that point.

Some might argue that cutting the deck weakens the effect. I don't think so. Again, you only know a little piece of information, which, by the time you recap what has happened, most people will probably forget you know it anyway. And even with that little bit of info, it seems impossible that you could do anything with it.
Thanks Cameron.

I had two inspirations to come up with this method.

Alain Nu ACAAN
Ben Harris Silent Running

I perform ACAAN by Alain Nu.........I wanted something that could be done impromptu.........I started to think of ways that I can make a somewhat easy ACAAN, or CAAN, and I played around with several methods......once I had that down...I wanted to give it a mental spin....so I thought of the dice......I began using a real dice, but then I felt choices were limited, so I changed it to give a wider selection of numbers.
I know this ebook is nothing like Silent Running, but the thinking behind it was for the number....those that have SR know what I mean.
I have fooled people with this, as well as magicians.....it plays strong......even though the effect is simple.

don't overlook the most simplest magic!

Alex
[quote]
On 2011-05-11 13:44, johncesta wrote:
How bout the gift cube?

John
[/quote]
Or "ACAAN To Die For"
("The Cube" is a very popular pop psychology book)

Tony
Thanks Tony.

The ebook is being edited now, it should be up shortly.

Not sure what name will ultimately make it......whatever the name......I hope people use it!

Thanks

Alex
The name has been decided: Gift Cube

Thanks John Cesta for the name.

This should be available later on today.

We had some site problems, but we are back up and running.

Thanks again

Alex