(Close Window)
Topic: Flesh Colored Putty
I bought some Dexter's Flesh Colored Putty, and found that is was grey? whats up with this??
It's "Dexter's Dead Flesh Coloured Putty"?

Sorry.
Drives me crazy when a product is called "flesh" colored and they only offer one color. Unless they mean its the color of flesh under the skin.
Maybe you got brain color.

Other that that maybe it's old or Dexter is color blind.
I'm really ****ed of with this product
[quote]
On 2011-05-04 18:29, Owen Thomas wrote:
I'm really ****ed of with this product
[/quote]

Sorry you weren't satisfied...always a pain in the butt when something isn't what you thought it was. Seems to happen an awful lot in magic.

I don't know of any other sources I can even recommend. You called this putty. I have a great source for flesh-colored magician's wax...but not putty.
There are a few local makers in Spain that sell flesh-coloured putty (*different* from grey), slightly different shades, and you can get also a flesh one in the 24-colour box of Crayola Putty, to name an international maker. The snag is that you have to buy a box with many different colours to only use one of them. The only maker I know that sells putty by colour and weight, and also has a very good flesh tone, is Stephens from Chile. But I don't know it they sell abroad; sorry I can't be of any more help.
Mix foundation make up with putty. Get both powder and oil base. If to soft add some powder. To dry add the oil.

Ron Jaxon
I think the batch that you received was supposed to go to Roswell.
In the local Roswell paper I read a complaint about someone receiving a pinkish colored putty and saying the ad said Flesh Color, what's with pink?
Iven :patty:
Hi
Silly putty is flesh colored but it's not tacky. I'm trying to find something to mix with it to make it tacky. I thought of adding a little bit of glue stick to the silly putty to make it tacky but I haven't tried it yet.
hth
Ralph
I don't think there is anything that is going to match very many people. I have this, and what I do is use a small ball. when I put it on, it looks like a mole. problem solved.
Try that famous magic shop: Dollar Tree! Silly Puddy comes in two plastic eggs in the toy section. It is usually pink or flesh colored.

I'll bet the price is $1.00.

Bob
Is scotch mounting putty a good substitute for Dexter's?
https://www.target.com/p/scotch-2oz-removable-mounting-putty/
That link doesn't work but they are similar. The difference I've seen is that Dexter's is a stronger hold and if it loses the tackiness, you can squish it around and it becomes sticky again.