(Close Window)
Topic: Beaten S.F. Giant Fan
I was reading an article on espn.com about the San Francisco Giants fan who got severely beaten at Dodger Stadium.

This paragraph caught my interest:

"Stow's family filed a civil suit against the Dodgers in Los Angeles Superior Court Tuesday, seeking unspecified damages to cover Stow's future medical care and as compensation for the economic damages to Stow and his children."

How is this the fault of the L.A. Dodgers organization???
The plaintiff's complete case will be quite extensive and detailed (he has an excellent attorney), but a couple of the central allegations will be that 1) there is a known gang presence at Dodger home games, and this has escalated in recent years, and 2) notwithstanding that, the Dodgers have recently cut back on their security staff by more than 50%.

Or, in more general legal terms, the Dodgers have failed to take the steps reasonably necessary to protect their invitees.
Ahhh...
McCourt was cutting corners to save money, and in my opinion, risking his fans' well-being.
Mmmm... That doesn't bode well for the Dodgers' cash reserves.
Always a bad move to cut security. Unfortunately, it is sometimes the first to get cut. I advised an apartment complex in Atlanta that those fake cameras they have at various places is a lawsuit waiting to happen. They, the property owners, just shrugged it off and said it would be cheaper to settle out of court than to contract a full time security firm... I hope I get called to testify one day.
[quote]On 2011-05-25 21:17, Chessmann wrote:
Mmmm... That doesn't bode well for the Dodgers' cash reserves.[/quote]
What cash reserves? They'll be lucky to make payroll this month.
[url=http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-dodger-security-20110416,0,7496468.story]Changes in Dodgers' security preceded attack on Giants fan[/url]

"Uniformed LAPD officers began patrolling the stadium after a 2005 incident, but the team decided to switch to plainclothes personnel in 2009."
Also the sale of beer was half price on operning nite and waS then discontinued after what happened...
I will never take my family to a Dodger game unless I was carring a conceld weapon.
vuinny
The dodgers were/was taken over by MLB. I would never take a child to a dodgers game or raider game.

Barry Bonds is paying for the children to go to college.
[quote]

"Uniformed LAPD officers began patrolling the stadium after a 2005 incident, but the team decided to switch to plainclothes personnel in 2009."
[/quote]

Always a really bad move, uniforms and a marked car are proven deterrents.