(Close Window)
Topic: BOA Review
Review BOA,
I have had the BOA for a couple of days and last night used it at a block party.
WOW, this is a sweet one.
With the market down this week and the uneasiness people are feeling about the economy this depression era relic is a timely addition.
I have so many book tests that my memory fails me from time to time……problem solved with BOA!......an ingenious crib sheet is a part of this effect.
The book itself is a gem, perhaps the best yet in feel and looks, certainly it and Phantoms run neck and neck.
The print is a little small but works perfectly for me since I have a Victorian magnifying glass as a prop.

Vic, thank you for this……… Prof BC once again produces the performance manual……….

Rick, Outlaw has another winner

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-arsenal/book-tests/the-book-of-answers.html
I believe mine to be on the way. I look forward to this as I've heard nothing but good things about it!

Jorey
First saw this BOA post...thought RCP got a new snake !
Then realized it was "Book of Answers"
I appreciate the kind words and am happy that you are enjoying presenting it. All orders have been shipped and are on their way!
Hello all,
Can anyone else give me a review of this? I just ordered mine, and am anxiously waiting for its arrival
I'd like to know a little more about this if anyone has it.

I'm intrigued by the fact you combine it with a spirit bell. Just got me a death toll and although this wasn't what I was going to use it with, it could well be another routine for it.
Roslyn:
BOA is a sweet little book that recaptures the old, genuine spirit medium 'b00k te$t' of the Victorian era (as opposed to what magicians mean by the term today).

Originally, a sitter asked the spirit a question and it sent her to a particular page and paragraph in a particular book in the library where (when located) she found the printed material did in some way respond to the question in her mind. BOA does this. Your spec has questions about love, money, health, or the like (no force) and is drawn to a particular place in the book only to find that the sentences there specifically address that particular issue. It is almost like a conversation with the ghost.

What's more, the memory work is dead easy and performance possibilities are enormous.

I've just written the performance manual for Vic's THURISAZ deck and included several routines that incorporate those cards with the BOA for a full evening of seance communication.

. . . and the Death Toll bell could only enhance the experience.

Do look into it.

Best,
BC
You could certainly use this with a spirit bell Roslyn. BOA would be great for a Q&A/seance routine.
Cool, thanks :)
Recently I received my copy of BOA. But to be honest I'm less enthousiastic compaired to the former speakers.

The method is absolutely very, very clever! The book definitely looks like a book from 1931!
BUT... In my opinion it does have shortcomings.
Throughout the book there are several typo's. Mostly innocent, but sloppy (surly instead of surely, my instead of may, it instead of in, and so on).
More annoying is a typo regarding diminishing earnings: ".... Is not gone..." should read "... Is NOW gone..." . The meaning of the content changes dramatically by this typo.

In the add it says "250 different answers" this is simply not true. My estimated guess is that only halve of the entries is unique. The rest is a repetition of earlier entries.

Is that a problem?
It is if you perform this with multiple viewers. You run the risk that similar questions lead to different parts in the book but get the exact same answer.
In certain cases, one answer exists four times throughout the book(!). Lack of inspiration?
This is not a problem performing one on one.

So, useless?
No, as long as you settle for these limitations, the BOA is a nice piece in your bookcase and quite suitable for a one on one situation.
In my honest opinion, I think it is overpriced, regarding to the shortcomings (which are not necessary and could have been avoided).

Dutch Frank
[quote]
On 2012-09-07 10:02, DutchFrank wrote:
Recently I received my copy of BOA. But to be honest I'm less enthousiastic compaired to the former speakers.

[snip]

Dutch Frank
[/quote]

It's "enthusiastic." :)
[quote]
Recently I received my copy of BOA. But to be honest I'm less [b][i]enthousiastic compaired[/b][/i] to the former speakers...[b][i]Throughout the book there are several typo's.[/b][/i] Mostly innocent, but sloppy...
[/quote]

Errr, Frank...uhhh, may I suggest SpellCheck or similar? It would save you from embarrassment...just sayin'... :)

Doug
The guys point is fair one though and I appreciate the honesty, I have just ordered BOA and am still looking forward to it.

I remember the first time flicking thru my 1936 Luna, had a little chuckle when I saw my best friend from my school days name displayed there in the Loony bin -hee hee , wasn't chuckling so much the second time, nor the third and was a bit miffed when I saw his name 5 or 6 times to say the least, if I'd been the spec it would have been busted. Only an "extra" too, not a main actor in the excellent Luna saga, but that makes it worse to be honest, I mean how hard can it be to sit for an hour and pluck new names from thin air instead of all the obvious cut and paste? ... just sayin... :)
@ Dutch Frank, I've had a little think on this since reading your words as I will be performing this to groups of people, probably I will tell the spec to read the answer in silence and keep it to themselves as the answer from spirit is for them and them alone, hopefully then even if 2 or more get the same answer it will not be recognized by the group or even each other. Will think on it more when I have the book in hand, but thank you for giving me a heads up on this point in advance.
[quote]
On 2012-09-07 20:15, Blueboy wrote:
The guys point is fair one though and I appreciate the honesty, I have just ordered BOA and am still looking forward to it.

I remember the first time flicking thru my 1936 Luna, had a little chuckle when I saw my best friend from my school days name displayed there in the Loony bin -hee hee , wasn't chuckling so much the second time, nor the third and was a bit miffed when I saw his name 5 or 6 times to say the least, if I'd been the spec it would have been busted. Only an "extra" too, not a main actor in the excellent Luna saga, but that makes it worse to be honest, I mean how hard can it be to sit for an hour and pluck new names from thin air instead of all the obvious cut and paste? ... just sayin... :)
[/quote]

What makes it worse is if your spectator has enough time to actually examine any of the Outlaw books in the manner you speak of, then you're not doing your job as an entertainer. This book is not reading material for the Oprah Winfrey Book club. If you lack the ability to engage in a little audience control, then maybe this effect is not for you.
So your point is the book is not examinable, which actually enforces MY point thanks.

I do a good job, I perform this professionally, never been busted, but the point remains.

I appreciate a good and honest unbias review, maybe reviewing material is not for you.

I will edit to say I LOVE Luna, but as our friend above so eloquently states the books are not examinable, they VERY easily could have and should have been, that all I'm trying to say.
[quote]
On 2012-09-07 21:11, Blueboy wrote:
So your point is the book is not examinable, which actually enforces MY point thanks.

I do a good job, I perform this professionally, never been busted, but the point remains.

I appreciate a good and honest unbias review, maybe reviewing material is not for you.

I will edit to say I LOVE Luna, but as our friend above so eloquently states the books are not examinable, they VERY easily could have and should have been, that all I'm trying to say.
[/quote]

My point is the book is a PROP. This is not magic, this is mentalism. If your routine actually includes the necessary time for a tooth and comb examination of the book, then you are simply thinking like a magician, not a mentalist. Maybe mentalism is not for you.
I welcome the honest review. Reviews like Frank’s are rare, but I welcome the chance to evolve and improve my products.

I apologize to Frank for his disappointment, and will be sending him something special for his troubles.

Vic
Excellent response Vic Nadata!!
Al Desmond mentalism is not for me, you are very correct. Nor are magic tricks.
I said I noticed the name flicking thru it, I of course picked up on it because one of the names was significant to me, but so could others.
If you do not allow your spec to flip thru the the book when they pick it up, then ok. It seems natural to me to let them do that.
Family and friends see more of this than paying customers... I found anomalies in GH*ST, and the Sinister, White Chapel, thingy b00k te$ts... Plus improvements should PG be reprinted...
Does that take away from the entertainment...? No...!

Are these better than "think of a word... it's (general)" Yes...!

Make these props your own... OR don't use them... I am sure there are some people out there that will take them off your hands :)
I particularly love Margie Simpson...
Luna has paid for itself many times over for me, that's why I smile when guys on here talk about the cost, with great items like Luna money should go in the bank not out of it - great items, but we should be able to chat about how they could be better without this defensive nonsense IMO
[quote]
On 2012-09-07 19:23, Dougini wrote:
[quote]
Recently I received my copy of BOA. But to be honest I'm less [b][i]enthousiastic compaired[/b][/i] to the former speakers...[b][i]Throughout the book there are several typo's.[/b][/i] Mostly innocent, but sloppy...
[/quote]

Errr, Frank...uhhh, may I suggest SpellCheck or similar? It would save you from embarrassment...just sayin'... :)

Doug
[/quote]

In Frank's defense, he is writing in his second language.

Steve
Thank you Steve!

It would be nice to see the gentlemen write a review in Dutch....

And don't sorry, by the time I start publishing my statements and charge you $$$ for it, you can be sure every word will be checked (twice).

@Vic: Thank you very much for this nice gesture.

Frank
[quote]
On 2012-09-08 04:00, DutchFrank wrote:
Thank you Steve!

It would be nice to see the gentlemen write a review in Dutch....

And don't sorry, by the time I start publishing my statements and charge you $$$ for it, you can be sure every word will be checked (twice).

@Vic: Thank you very much for this nice gesture.

Frank
[/quote]

We begrijpen elkaar Frank! Trouwens, als onze engelstalige vrienden de moeite zouden doen hun eigen schrijfsels op spellingsfouten te controleren, dan zouden ze meteen hun klep dichthouden want de meesten hier schrijven hun engels helemaal niet foutloos.
Je zal merken dat op dit forum vaak dingen beweerd worden, maar dat ze niet even vaak vervuld worden. En waar men al helemaal niet tegen kan is kritiek op de producten van de oppergoden van "de engelse term voor vogelvrij". De oh zo professionele genieën hier spenderen fortuinen aan hun producten en kunnen het niet hebben dat andere mensen hun wijzen op zwakheden, historische incosistenties of zelfs -in jouw geval- schrijffouten. Ik heb zelf een hele hoop van hun dingen, sommigen zijn meer bruikbaar in een act dan anderen en over het algemeen zijn ze wel ok. Maar even vaak slaan ze de bal compleet mis en zit je opgezadeld met een ongeloofwaardig product dat je eigenlijk niet wil of kan gebruiken.
Overigens, in de meeste van hun boektests komen de herhalingen waarover je het hebt, ook voor.
Vlaamse groeten uit Londen!
P.S.: Ik ben benieuwd hoe ze op deze post zullen reageren (grijns)
Jef,

Je hebt een PM.

Frank
Mischien is het heel snel weggegaan.

And in those six words there are probably a load of errors both of spelling and of grammar.
sorry Frank & Jef

Steve
Sorry against the rules...
[quote]
Although The Magic Café has a global membership, with many members speaking several languages, we are based in The United States.

That said, we ask that you write all postings using the English language. If you wish to speak to someone in a language other than English, please use our private message system, or contact the other party by email.

All postings that do not comply, will be deleted with no explanation given.
[/quote]
You are correct Tim.
My appologies.

Steve
Abra Cadabra posts must all be erased!!!!
I appreciate Dutch Frank's review and others like it. It was respectful but also honest in regard to the issues that he felt could have been improved. It's important to hear both the good and the bad as perceived by the owners of effects. Otherwise, it's impossible for prospective buyers to make well informed buying decisions. Nothing's perfect, but having a good idea of what you're willing to overlook only comes with discussions of merits and minuses.

L.
[quote]
On 2012-09-08 08:47, Tim Dowd wrote:
Sorry against the rules...
[quote]
Although The Magic Café has a global membership, with many members speaking several languages, we are based in The United States.

That said, we ask that you write all postings using the English language. If you wish to speak to someone in a language other than English, please use our private message system, or contact the other party by email.

All postings that do not comply, will be deleted with no explanation given.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Tim, I stand corrected; I was unaware of this rule. Ich danke dir recht herzlich ;)
I short, I said DutchFrank had a point and that picking on him for having written 'enthousiastic' with an o was small.
Led me to checking other people's posts and noticed no one writes without making mistakes.
And congratulated him on his english.
Manners, you know...
But, no more Dutch here!

Geoff
[quote]
On 2012-09-07 21:28, Vic Nadata wrote:
I welcome the honest review. Reviews like Frank’s are rare, but I welcome the chance to evolve and improve my products.

I apologize to Frank for his disappointment, and will be sending him something special for his troubles.

Vic
[/quote]

Hey I hate everything you've done! And Outlaw. And Lebanon Circle!
Do I win a prize? :)
My ribbing of Frank was due to not realizing Dutch meant Nederlands Dutch! My apologies. I saw the humor in the typos, and jumped on it. And man...I speak some German, and Dutch is...Ha ha! No WAY could I even THINK of doing ANY kind of review...no!

Regarding L*n@, your thinking of it being a prop, and not a magic trick is correct. It is examinable...to a point. With all three books, I could not find any discrepancies. I did that before reading the manual. I expect most spectators won't know what to look for. Plus, they are old and delicate, not to be rifled through! Or riffled through, either one.

Oh, and respectfully in response to Jef Pedal:
[quote]
We understand each other Frank! Besides, if our English speaking friends would bother doing their own writings on spell-checking, they would immediately shut their door, because most people here do not write their English flawlessly.
[/quote]

Yes. I do agree there. I use a spell-checker and sometimes it does not catch all the errors; "may" instead of "my" for example. A grammer-checker might work better, but...really not sure about that.

[quote]
You will notice that on this forum often things are said, but they are not as likely to be fulfilled. And where one certainly can not stand, is criticism of the products of the chief gods of "the English term for an outlaw."
[/quote]
Really, no one likes their products criticized or slammed on the forums. In this case, I believe respect was maintained.

[quote]
The oh so professional geniuses here spend fortunes on their products and can not have other people point out weaknesses, historical inconsistencies or even-in your case-(written review).
[/quote]
In the case of L*n@, some of these incosistencies are solved through audience management. I am learning that Mentalism uses props differently than every-day magic does. The prop is used then put away, as any delicate item, for those time periods, would be.

[quote]
I own a lot of their stuff, some are more useful than others in an act and generally they are OK. But just as often they hit the ball completely wrong and you're left with an incredible product that you really do not want, or that you can use.
[/quote]
What product specifically "hits the ball completely wrong?", Jef? Can you elaborate?

[quote]
Moreover, in most of their tests, the book repeats what you're talking about, also.
[/quote]
Again, the books are PROPS, not something you leave on the coffee table for people to paw through. You use it for its intended purpose, and put it away...out comes the next prop, etc...

[quote]
Flemish Greetings from London!
PS: I wonder how they will respond to this post (grin)
[/quote]

:) Did I do OK?

Doug
[quote]
On 2012-09-08 12:43, Dougini wrote:
My ribbing of Frank was due to not realizing Dutch meant Nederlands Dutch! My apologies.

Doug
[/quote]

Apologies accepted.

Frank
[quote]
On 2012-09-08 12:43, Dougini wrote:

[quote]
The oh so professional geniuses here spend fortunes on their products and can not have other people point out weaknesses, historical inconsistencies or even-in your case-(written review).
[/quote]

In the case of L*n@, some of these incosistencies are solved through audience management. I am learning that Mentalism uses props differently than every-day magic does. The prop is used then put away, as any delicate item, for those time periods, would be.

Doug
[/quote]

Yeah, but when you think about it that's even weirder. The only place "in real life" you'd see stuff like this is in a museum or a private collection. This sort of "Chautauqua lecture circuit" performance style, is for the most part, a thing of the fairly distant past. I'm not criticizing at all, just pointing out that we are sometimes blinded by our own advertising. That being said, I'm hopelessly guilty as charged.
Recently ordered and recieved BOA from Gemini Artifacts http://www.geminiartifacts.com/ I got the aging done custon. Light as oppsed to heavy aging. I like them to look old but somewhat taken care of. Vic was great and really easy to deal with. About 2 weeks after the order I recieved the book. It looks amazing! I definitly did not expect to have it that fast considering they were launching Alch-Bane right at the time of the order. I have not fully gone through it yet as I just got it. To me this is the perfect cover for a creepy book. Simple and lightly aged. Book is from 1931 and it really looks the part. I have gone through the PDF on how it works and I am excited to give it a try. Definitley soon to be a staple offering in my arsenal. Here are some photos - so you can be the judge.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/zoopdog/photo-1_zpsbfe0d64d.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/zoopdog/photo-2_zps76cf8ce0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/zoopdog/photo-3_zpsdb526ae2.jpg[/img]
Looks fantastic, congratulations to that nice prop!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 11, 2014 12:26AM)
I am thinking about buying the BOA and have a question. Since it has spelling mistakes in the book, what do you guys think of buying one of those blank page books and then age it? Once it is aged, then you could hand write all the answers from the BOA into the aged blank page book. I could also add hand drawn pictures, charts and correct the spelling mistakes. Even a small pendulum chart could be placed and used in the book to determine an answer.

What do you guys think?

Better yet, would be, if you could buy the BOA with blank pages........

Best
Ray
A lot of work and it makes it expensive but worthwhile I think. I have been trying to think of a use for the blank journals. I used to do calligraphy so could make them look good, just need to find a use for the journal.
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Oct 11, 2014 10:21AM)
[quote]On Oct 11, 2014, Magical Dimensions wrote:
I am thinking about buying the BOA and have a question. Since it has spelling mistakes in the book, what do you guys think of buying one of those blank page books and then age it? Once it is aged, then you could hand write all the answers from the BOA into the aged blank page book. I could also add hand drawn pictures, charts and correct the spelling mistakes. Even a small pendulum chart could be placed and used in the book to determine an answer.

What do you guys think?
[/quote]

Funny you should mention this. I've considered doing similar with a couple other books (to make older versions to fit a specific time period I'm after) and have been debating the ethics of doing so. My personal take--and I'm curious of others' thoughts on this--is that as long as I retain the original on my shelf, it should be kosher. For me, the gray area is when a person copies it to their liking, but then sells the original. That feels like stealing from the original creator.

Regarding the aging first and writing second: I've had much better luck writing first and aging second. A quill nib is difficult enough to write with without having to deal with altered paper. There are numerous black, sepia, and payne's grey (depending on the timeframe you're going after) waterproof inks out there that can hold up to any aging process.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 11, 2014 11:37AM)
I have already asked outlaw about this. The cost for the book would be about the same as the original. As far as being the ethical thing to do, it would be completely cool to do, once the seller agrees to make you a blank copy and you only make yourself the hand written version. I never thought about selling the hand written copy. It never entered my mind. Why would I?

I like the idea of adding drawings and charts for other effects.

Best
Ray
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Oct 11, 2014 12:03PM)
Your initial question was about using a pre-made blank page book that isn't from the seller, and that's what I answered and had my own questions about. Obviously, if the seller provided a blank one, then you'd be supporting them (as well as them giving their implied consent to copy the info.) Also, I think you misunderstand regarding my question about selling. I said "...but then sells the original", not selling the hand-written copy. My point being: if someone uses a non-seller-provided blank book (or makes their own blank book from scratch) and copies the content, would it be ethical to sell the original book one copied that information from? This isn't a question directed at what you're doing or your motives--you can obviously do whatever you'd like, however you'd like. Rather, this is a generic question and one I've been contemplating for a while: if one were to purchase a prop and reproduce the content, would it be frowned upon to then sell the original and still perform the method/effect with the copied prop/content? I suspect it would.

The reason I ask is: I've wanted to make a more antiquated version of the Witches @lmanac for some time, using the same method/content. Once I do so, however, I believe I would still hold on to the original Witches @almanac (even if I never intended to use that original copy in my performance again) as I feel the performance rights are essentially "tied" to it.
[quote]On Oct 11, 2014, Pasteboard Alchemist wrote:
Your initial question was about using a pre-made blank page book that isn't from the seller, and that's what I answered and had my own questions about. Obviously, if the seller provided a blank one, then you'd be supporting them (as well as them giving their implied consent to copy the info.) Also, I think you misunderstand regarding my question about selling. I said "...but then sells the original", not selling the hand-written copy. My point being: if someone uses a non-seller-provided blank book (or makes their own blank book from scratch) and copies the content, would it be ethical to sell the original book one copied that information from? This isn't a question directed at what you're doing or your motives--you can obviously do whatever you'd like, however you'd like. Rather, this is a generic question and one I've been contemplating for a while: if one were to purchase a prop and reproduce the content, would it be frowned upon to then sell the original and still perform the method/effect with the copied prop/content? I suspect it would.

The reason I ask is: I've wanted to make a more antiquated version of the Witches @lmanac for some time, using the same method/content. Once I do so, however, I believe I would still hold on to the original Witches @almanac (even if I never intended to use that original copy in my performance again) as I feel the performance rights are essentially "tied" to it. [/quote]

Yes, what you outline is unquestionably unethical. In essence, by selling on the original and keeping a copy one will have gained the method and all the hard work of another for free. Meantime, by selling on the original, one will have robbed the creator of that sale, which is not unethical if one is giving up on the trick entirely when selling it on, but, by keeping a copy, there would now be two performance pieces out there while the creator was paid for only one.

Make a copy if you wish, but keep the original as your contribution to and investment in the creator's work. That is the only ethical thing to do.

Prof BC
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Oct 11, 2014 01:15PM)
Thank you, Prof BC. That seemed the only rational conclusion to draw, and I'm glad to have it confirmed in no uncertain terms.
I have already asked outlaw about this. The cost for the book would be about the same as the original. As far as being the ethical thing to do, it would be completely cool to do, once the seller agrees to make you a blank copy and you only make yourself the hand written version. I never thought about selling the hand written copy. It never entered my mind. Why would I?

Best
Ray [/quote]

Ray thanks for the interest. However BOA is my creation. Outlaw would have no say on the price or the project. If your interested in talking about this further, you can PM me or email me at vic@geminiartifacts.com

Thanks!
[quote]On Oct 11, 2014, Vic Nadata wrote:

Best
Ray [/quote]

Ray thanks for the interest. However BOA is my creation. Outlaw would have no say on the price or the project. If your interested in talking about this further, you can PM me or email me at vic@geminiartifacts.com

Thanks! [/quote]
Ray and I have been PMing a lot because we're doing a custom prop for him. He asked a hypothetical question about BOA and this was my responce.

I told him BOA was Vic's product and I could not give him a price. I told him I didn't know what it would cost, but it would probably be the same price as the printed book taking in the cost of binding and the time aging it.
Was just trying to be helpful :)
As I know you were my friend.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 11, 2014 07:15PM)
Vic,
Didn't mean to cause trouble. Yes, what Rick posted above is exactly what he told me.

Rick is a stand up guy and it was totally my fault that I posted talking to outlaw about the book of answers.

Sorry for any misunderstandings that I may have cause......

Best
Ray
Ok Pay ZERO attention to my previous post. I was on my phone and autocorrect went a bit nutty. I should have checked it. What I really was trying to say was:

I know you were trying to help my friend.

Not a problem at ALL!
Not meaning to hijack the thread... BUT... This was my thinking on selling DVD'S second hand. Once you have the information the DVD is no longer needed, or in worse case scenario, you make a "backup" and then sell the original...

I believe no magic forum should allow trade in second hand DVD'S there are some out there that practice this.
Http://s48.photobucket.com/user/PeteMcMillan/media/DSCN0057_zps7519e25d.jpg.html

If the link to PhotoBucket works, it will show the mods I made to my BOA. I really like this effect and have adapted several of Vic's ideas to work in my routine. Hope those who know see what I have done to make it my own.

Pete
Wow! That looks amazing! I am a BOA fan and that is hands down the most creative mod I have seen. Nice job
Very cool Peter. I also like the way you've worked a square circle into it. ;)
[quote]On Oct 14, 2014, Peter McMillan wrote:
Http://s48.photobucket.com/user/PeteMcMillan/media/DSCN0057_zps7519e25d.jpg.html

If the link to PhotoBucket works, it will show the mods I made to my BOA. I really like this effect and have adapted several of Vic's ideas to work in my routine. Hope those who know see what I have done to make it my own.

Pete [/quote]

Hi Peter,

Wonderful work! Might I inquire as to where you found the lock with seven keys? I am looking for an effect of this nature and age but am only able to find more modern "Master" type locks that look too new and are too large for my needs.

Thanks- and again, very nicely done!

Lo Pan
Thank you for the kind remarks. I appreciate them very much. The SC was from 5 years ago and some how got into the photo show.

The lock is a 3/4" brass type from the hardware store as is the hasp. Using a dremel tool with dental wheel I took off the coating on the brass and nickle plating, wrapped it in a paper towel and dipped in vinegar/salt solution to age. 6 keys were cut like the original, plus I bought 7 others I cut myself for looks. Again removed the nickle coating on all and soaked in vinegar and salt to age.

Mounting the hasp was the most difficult part. Just takes some time and thinking before cutting.

The corner caps came from the craft store. The blank pages seemed to need something so I put in old photos with captions, strange figures, designs and maps that have been added to the volume over the years by the different owners.

Using the 7 Keys of Baldpate is my way to select the person to get the answer from the BOA. Ending up with the assistants key being bent works in nicely also.

Just building on Vic's original creation. His is the reason I could do this.

Pete
Very nice work on the enhancements and additions, Peter. I really liked BOA from the moment I obtained it, but admit I have been lax in following through to actually develop the routine and use it. Now I am inspired to do some enhancements and get to work on using it in performance!
Thanks for sharing!
:thanx:
Vic sent the aid for the Thurisaz Gateway Deck and I adapted it for Uncle Ossie's Seance Table. Lots of ways you can go with a great prop like BOA.