(Close Window)
Topic: Copper silver US quarter
Does anyone make a C/S with a US quarter(clad, NOT silver) and a copper coin like an old half penny or newer 2 pence. Tango makes one but the 50 cent euro coin lacks contrast. Thanks for any help.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jun 13, 2011 06:14PM)
Johnson did - or used to - probably still does.
Check the items for sale area. Twocan sells c/s sets including quarter and half size. His sets are beautiful. And reasonably priced.
I found this reference from years ago:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=57321&forum=3

Jamie Schoolcraft said he had some then, perhaps he still does. Obviously you don't want to pay for custom, but it's worth a call. Jamie does work with clad coins occasionally.

It doesn't appear that Johnson still makes a C/S quarter, but you could call them as well and see if they have any laying around: http://johnsonmagicproducts.com/shop/

Also, you could check with these folks to see where they got these:

http://www.mimesis-magic.com/catalog/item/2018994/1467592.htm

They are out of stock, but perhaps they can direct you to a manufacturer.

Hope that helps.

Alan
If you don't get lucky with johnson or Tango then pm me. I might b
e able to make something up for you in brass and regular quarter. I have some nice quarter size brass coins that look great.
http://www.roykueppers.com is the place to find them. He can make any C/S combination you want, and I have one of the US Quarter/2 Pence coins from him. His products are very well made and he always guarantees his work!
I hear lots of good things about roy.
Thanks for the suggestions.
[quote]
On 2011-06-14 09:46, TWOCAN wrote:
I hear lots of good things about roy.
[/quote]

Me too.

I hear a lot of good things about Twocan as well.
TWOCAN - I can vouch for his quarter C/S sets, including the one with brass coins. Likewise his quarter-size Chinatown set. You won't find anything near as good for the price.

Jim
Thanks Jim, :)
Folks,

The two pence will need to be "shaved" down and depending on the routine or effect, you'll also need a regular two pence shaved as well. Ordered mine from (don't all laugh at once!) Sasco ... very pleased with the work;

Check out the Allen Okawa C/S Qtr. Routine, I believe Todd made his set using some Imperial Thai Coin, very nice;

BWind
[quote]
On 2011-06-28 14:32, BWind wrote:
Ordered mine from (don't all laugh at once!) Sasco ... very pleased with the work;
BWind
[/quote]

Hey, I have to say that I have gotten quite a few things from Sasco in the past and while they may not be custom pieces made by a pro coin gaffer, they have served me well and were well made for what they are. I still use all of them. Granted, I currently have all of my coin pieces done by a gaffer now, but still...
Heres a set just about Quarter size and works like a chinatown set made with half penny and african nickle,
I have one of Paul's (TwoCan) copper/silver quarters. The other sidecis a Danish 5 Ore coin.
I will be posting a few quarter size sets soon. A brass / chinese set. And a half george penny / chinese set.
[quote]
On 2011-07-30 16:06, TWOCAN wrote:
I will be posting a few quarter size sets soon. A brass / chinese set. And a half george penny / chinese set.
[/quote]

I own TWO of TWOCAN's CS sets....Beautiful coins in unique combinations. His pricing is very reasonable.