(Close Window)
Topic: Is it time?
Is it time for some of us to get back to the roots of what it is we do?

This performance is still very powerful to me even after all this time. This performance changed the way I looked at an effect AND looked at myself. I stepped back and looked at my own work from a different angle and from a different light.

Thanks Jim...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE45QHIUfiM
Thank you Aaron.

In part that is what the 'Mind in Chains' project is about.

Also the new show to be presented in October, will be a public event
and will be the beginning of a new type of interactive performance.

A blending of live performance the making of a documentary film and online content.
(Also documentary & experimental films will play a part in the presentation).

I will be taking all of the haunted locations in Savannah GA and locating
them in one place. Ghost tour people might be a bit upset about this
but I will re-haunt the locations after the shows run is complete.

Jim

H.O.A-X
I wish I was on the east coast to check out your show.

Thank you for taking the time to talk on the phone, give advice and most importantly...listen.

I still remember to look my Wife gave me when I told her I finally found someone else that looks at old pictures and see's dead people! She just rolled her eye's and shook her head.

Aaron
That was seriously insane and moving.

Bravo!
Aaron,

The truth that pictures, are pictures of the dead is part of the new show.

A good portion of the show or at least the back story will be on the website
and hopefully through Netflix, the entire show will be available as a documentary
film.

Live broadcasts performances will be posted to the website.

The Children who are little more than the shadow of memories are part of the
new show They pass among the audience in the dark and interact with them.

Jim

H.O.A-?
Jim,
I dislike 'mediums' who claim to connect with the dead. But I think you have heard that argument before, so I'll leave it for now.

What I will say is that your performance was well put together and you acted wonderfully. The movement of your body made you look like something out of The Exorcist, and it was a genuinely creepy moment. Your facial expressions too seem to contort in an almost painful way. I think the mirror writing was also highly impressive, as it was a brilliant final reveal.

Tom
xx
Jim, to start with its only just clicked that thast who you are, I saw that clip a while back,

I have to say I firstly agree with Tom..... I know!! I too don't like the whole connecting to the dead stuff, mostly due to my skeptical nature, but that aside.

What a dramatic performance! I loved the whole use of the video , and projection, iam not sure if this is something you would normal do or just as it was on TV, but with that while on the chair created a very dramatic performance. It was a great piece of theatre.

Thanks
Dean
I had never seen that clip before. Before I had, I strongly disliked Criss Angel. I have some problems with what some people do on stage in the form of contacting dead people.

I really liked the clip. I hate Criss Angel. I really enjoyed what Jim did. Completely different to the contacting the dead that I have problems with.

Strange way to get across what I wanted to say but I think it was the quickest way.

Loved it! The confrontation was incredible. It showed real passion in the face of injustice. So many people bow to those who think they are better. I have just watched P&T Fool Us, and it was the complete opposite at times.

Sounds a bit epic but it was emotional and great entertainment!

After watching it the skeptic in me was not at all provoked. It appeared no different to any other performance and IMO contained as much deception as my last demonstration of mind reading did.

Surely Criss angel should have been on the same side, even Uri Gellar seemed to not believe 100%. If I was going to believe anything to do with that kind of performance it would be something like that rather than anything they have done.
[quote]
On 2011-07-09 14:27, Thomas Cooper wrote:
Jim,
I dislike 'mediums' who claim to connect with the dead. But I think you have heard that argument before, so I'll leave it for now.
Tom
xx
[/quote]

No reason not to discuss it since it is the underlying theme of my work.

The interesting thing is so few people understand what I do as a medium
and have formed an opinion based upon what they believe to be the truth.
(Not what is the truth of my work and personal research).

Here is a link to the $50,000.00 guarantee issued as part of the
demonstration/performance. http://jimclass.com/he_really_did_it.htm

Best Wishes,

Jim

H.O.A-X
[quote]
On 2011-07-10 17:30, Jim-Callahan wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-07-09 14:27, Thomas Cooper wrote:
Jim,
Tom
xx
[/quote]

No reason not to discuss it since it is the underlying theme of my work.

The interesting thing is so few people understand what I do as a medium
and have formed an opinion based upon what they believe to be the truth.
(Not what is the truth of my work and personal research).

Here is a link to the $50,000.00 guarantee issued as part of the
demonstration/performance. http://jimclass.com/he_really_did_it.htm

Best Wishes,

Jim

H.O.A-X
[/quote]

I presumed you would not want to discuss this, as I am sure you have heard it a lot before.

But let me ask you several questions:

1. Don't you believe the "spirit" of the writer may be offended by your demonstration? I personally am an atheist and do not believe in an afterlife, but if you do can you understand how some may see this as a direct insult to someone's soul?

2. What about the families of the writer? If my mother died, and her soul was supposedly being "channelled" by a medium on tv, I may well be highly offended by this.

3. Do you think you are causing people to believe in things (religion etc) which they would not otherwise believe in?

4. Do you ever feel ashamed of your work?

I respect you as a performer Jim. You do the art of magic and Mentalism no harm - and while I disagree with your performance style, I really respect you. But I am curious as to how you deal with these questions? PM if you like.

Tom
xx
I don't understand why anyone is unhappy with Angel's behaviour on the night. He had a pop at Jim because unlike other mentalists who admit they simply have an act it would appear that Jim's TV persona is claiming that he really is a medium. That's what I'm led to believe. Am I right up until now?

That being the case he (Angel) offered a million bucks, and his offer seems to have been unchallenged. Is that correct?

I don't have a problem with Jim. He's a performer and will fight his corner in order to protect his TV persona. It's just that some of the rest of you seem to be.... well slightly, not quite right? I don't GET any of this. What's the problem?

And you Tom, stop being so nice. Get stuck in there. I demand you let Eshla out of the box in order we get some common sense in the room. Although your above post is getting more 'investigative journalisticky'. Better. Well done!!
Bobster, is the last part of your post sarcasm?

Seriously, be honest. I can't tell :/
I know you can't tell Tom. Does it matter? You're young. And most likely sharing a flat and eating baked beans most days.
Anyway, the answer is no, the last part of my post is the only part that's NOT sarcasm. But you did recognise that SOMETHING was going on. So, once again; well done!
If you read the comments below the video...it lets you know what others also feel about this type of entertainment!
Not my comment,but others!
It would have been more entertaining for me if it had been a little less dramatic, the performance that is, too heavily acted for me, less would have been more here IMO, there are some very good trance mediums kicking about, are they the real deal? Don't really know, but that is the key here - with this performance I felt very confident the medium was not channelling. Watch some so called real ones, their body is for the most part quite sedated, you could have still fell off the chair at the end, perhaps that would have provided even more a dramatic end after the semi-sedated lead up, the automated writing is still quite captivating to an audience, so far from boring lead up for the dramatic reveal... performances of channelling such as those by Derek Acorah which have been exposed as fake, well this reminded me of his antics to be honest.
Sorry, not being negative, just giving an opinion on the performance, well done for having the cajones to get up and do it and best of luck for the future, you did'nt hurt anyone which is important to me.
I remember watching that performance on television and being struck by two things. First: I found JC's act WAY over the top in terms of...well...everything. I remember thinking "Well...it's not my cup of tea. But he's the one on television and I just did a birthday party...so..."

It struck me very much as a performance of an effect. It was certainly powerful and passionate. Maybe too much...but that's his call. Not mine.

But I REALLY remember being flabbergasted by what Angel did. It's one thing to disagree "in the family" about what is appropriate and what's not...it's quite another matter for one performer to drag another into an impossible challenge in a PUBLIC forum. Up until that little performance I didn't really have an opinion of Angel one way or the other. Frankly -- I thought the grousing magicians were doing about him was a pile of sour grapes. But after seeing what he did, I have formulated an entirely different opinion.

He's a dork who used a position of authority to club another performer on public television. Not cool.

David
The ironic thing about that night is, at the time Jim was performing on another station Angel's seance was airing. The seance where he contacted the spirit of a murdered little girl. In Angel's defense, there was a small disclaimer, as I recall, there was an ambiguous statement in small print at the end of the closing credits. I guess it's ok for some, but not for others...
[quote]
On 2011-07-10 21:36, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
The ironic thing about that night is, at the time Jim was performing on another station Angel's seance was airing. The seance where he contacted the spirit of a murdered little girl. In Angel's defense, there was a small disclaimer, as I recall, there was an ambiguous statement in small print at the end of the closing credits. I guess it's ok for some, but not for others...
[/quote]

And at the end of that show, as I recall, Angel looked into the camera and said, "Do you believe in ghosts? I don't!" Which is not all that ambiguous.

I know that views differ here about Jim's television performance, but on this show (in all of our careers, for that matter) it was the public's opinion that counted. Jim did not make it beyond that first appearance.
[quote]
On 2011-07-10 22:25, Randwill wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-07-10 21:36, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
[/quote]

And at the end of that show, as I recall, Angel looked into the camera and said, "Do you believe in ghosts? I don't!" Which is not all that ambiguous. And if my memory serves, the murdered little girl was fictional.

I know that views differ here about Jim's television performance, but on this show (in all of our careers, for that matter) it was the public's opinion that counted. Jim did not make it beyond that first appearance.
And Jim called what he did "entertainment"....
Jim and Raymond were the best thing on that series.
I remember little else about it really...
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 00:30, Eddie Garland wrote:
Jim and Raymond were the best thing on that series.
I remember little else about it really...
[/quote]

I respectfully disagree....The legs of Angela Funovits were the best thing on that series.
I think she did magic or something. I remember little else...
I remember little else but Angela's legs.
[quote]
On 2011-07-10 21:24, David Thiel wrote:
I remember watching that performance on television and being struck by two things. First: I found JC's act WAY over the top in terms of...well...everything. I remember thinking "Well...it's not my cup of tea. But he's the one on television and I just did a birthday party...so..."
[/quote]

This was my thought as well. The acting was way over the top and really bad. I also thought, and I hate to say this, but I thought it was staged. When Jim and Chris are being separated, Jim grabs hold of the host's arm in an attempt to make it look like he was being pulled away.

Then again, like David said, he was on television and I was in my living room.
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 01:41, Dreadnought wrote:

I also thought, and I hate to say this, but I thought it was staged. When Jim and Chris are being separated, Jim grabs hold of the host's arm in an attempt to make it look like he was being pulled away.

[/quote]

Staged! He didn't, did he?
Sorry, Angela is my daughter's age.

People I've spoken with, including those connected with the show, have said the most memorable part of the series was Jim and the Jim/Criss exchange.

As for those who feel it was faked, believe me, it was not. I spoke with Jim shortly after the exchange, and the adrenalin was still coursing through his system. I spoke with his wife as well, and she was as surprised at what had gone down as the rest of us.

Yes, it was expected that something would eventually happen, but no one was expecting that. Banacheck has also come out and emphatically stated that it was not staged.

Although I cannot mention sources, Criss’ actions came as a less surprise to Jim’s. It was thought that if and when Criss pulled something along the lines of what he did, the performer would just stand there and take it, intimidated by Criss’ stature in the magical world. Jim shocked them and made minor TV history with his actions. If I might also add, as I recall, that particular night had the largest ratings of the series.

Personally, that night changed my perspective of Criss Angel. I had been a minor fan of his going back to his rock and roll magic version of Rudy Coby’s material he did in NY by the WWF. His actions that night, although great for TV, were in my opinion shameful and all about him, not the contestants in the show.

Tony
I liked that performance, totally not my style but it was dramatic and really got the audiences attention. I'm not so sure about the silly confrontation at the end though, that for me just spoilt the whole thing, there was no need for Cris' little stunt but at the same time I thought that Jim reacted well over the top. I think Jim would have come across far better if he'd acted with a little more dignity rather than stooping to Cris' level. There was a perfectly valid reason why Jim wouldn't be able to tell what's in the envelope afterall and that's because he'd alread broken contact with the spirit.
On the link posted above by Jim..."Days before the show Criss Angel, had claimed that if Callahan performed an exhibition as he had planned to do the he 'Criss Angel' would 'bust' or expose him on live TV.
With this being posted by Jim himself,you could only think he had knowledge of "Something" going to happen,and being prepared for it !
As anyone else should have been prepared !

After reading above link,I too thought of it being more staged!

And, I agree Angel should have not done what he did...but you can't believe everything you see on TV. We may be bias on a Magic Forum to!
If you read page after page after page on comments under the youtube video...you can see the public's opinions to.

And if the post of Angela disturbs you! I am sorry!

We all have daughters, and have all made comments and or thoughts about someone's daughter ! ALL OF US !!! (guys)

Gary
When I saw the argument, I immediately thought it was staged.
Reminded me of WWF wrestling.

Just saying what it looked like to me.

Regarding the performance, it looked over the top (to me).
But then, I don´t believe in this sort of thing, so I´d probably think it was over the top no matter what.
And besides, who really "knows" what it would look like if you were really able to contact the dead? ;)
I must add this...But again he was on television and I was not !
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 03:27, Godzilla wrote:
And if the post of Angela disturbs you! I am sorry!

We all have daughters, and have all made comments and or thoughts about someone's daughter ! ALL OF US !!! (guys)

Gary
[/quote]

I was speaking of myself (no one else) in reference to the posts preceeding mine.

Tony
YeahI do believe it was staged. But you can't tell when camp men are arguing. They do this fighting thing where no one gets touched?

In all fairness to Jim I did feel the the Englishman hosting of the show was pretty **** poor. His acting was atrocious. If you look at it again: no one person in the world would run on,... at that point... and take someone's hand... and pull them back. I actually felt Jim was going: "Don't just grab my hand you cock, it looks fake! Move about! Move about for chrissakes, and that was when the wiggling started, and suddenly I loved it!

But no, a man would never behave like that. Not even a woman. The only person that would do that would be a fairy or a nature spirit.

But I've said this before; I thought it was awesome. I do believe that Jim has a phenomenol sense of humour, truly. He'd make an absolute fortune over here in the UK. People would wet their effing pants. Fantastic!!!
I stand by my faked post. If it wasn't faked then Jim had no real intention of going after Criss. It was plain he wrapped his arm around the host's arm to make it look like he was being pulled away. Again, bad acting all the way. Again, he was on television not me, but so are the steroid fueled, equally as bad, actors on the WWE.
This topic from when I was guest of honor in October, will explain part of it.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=386653&forum=288&4

I hooked his arm to gain control over him.

Started lifting him off the ground and hooked his arm so as to throw him from the stage.
(In a fraction of a second I thought better of it and stopped).
When we went to commercial break he thanked me for not throwing him into the audience.

We also talked the next day before an Access Hollywood interview and I apologized for pitching him around.
He said,” I really thought you were going to put me over”.
(He was at one time a bouncer).

One of the camera takes they did not use looked quite good I thought.
You can see him being pulled off the ground after he first grabbed me and that he was not
in control until I relaxed my position.

Best Wishes,

Jim

H.O.A-X
Like iv already said I think it was a great theatrical performance, but I also think if I was in Criss Angel's place I can imagine myself doing something similar, if you ( and this is not directed at you Jim) are saying that you possess this particular power/skills, then why should you not be able to know whats inside that particular envelope? The same goes for James Randi's prize if someone can show these skills then why has no one won it?

Dean
I may be the only one but Criss Angel went way up in my estimation that night. He took a stand for something he believes in. Whats wrong with that? If you are going to pretend to speak to the dead, at least use a fictitious person. Not someone who may have family or friends. That's no better than the Silvia Brown brigade of charlatans.
Just watched this clip again. I could never do what Jim does... I just don't have big enough b***s.

And the fight certainly was not staged... Criss is a terrible actor at the best of times... and he was definitely getting very serious.

What would I have done in this situation? I would have got all serious again, contacted Raymond and said "Inside the envelope I see a picture... a picture of Criss Angel, at a party, of sorts, smiling, surrounded by oiled up nude men"

Criss would then have to open the envelope to prove me wrong... In which I would say "Oh well, that's just Raymonds sense of humour. He doesn't like you very much" :)
Watching the video, I don't believe it was staged either. It looked to me that he got very upset because he was given a challenge that he ought to be able to do but obviously couldn't. Seemed born out of that frustration that he got angry
Hey Seangiles :) How are you mate?

With respect... I don't think Criss's behaviour was ANYTHING to do with what he believes in.... but more to do with his typical big noting self promotion.

He could have made his point in so many other ways if indeed it was all about his own beliefs.. but instead he chose to call Jim out on national television.

The only reason no one ever calls Criss out on his own shows is because they are mostly all stooges... the guy is an idiot.
Paul...you are a twisted genius. I just laughed out loud. Geez, guy!

David
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 11:33, seangiles wrote:
Watching the video, I don't believe it was staged either. It looked to me that he got very upset because he was given a challenge that he ought to be able to do but obviously couldn't. Seemed born out of that frustration that he got angry
[/quote]

T.V is a real dodgy medium (pun intended)

When you go on a show called 'Phenomenon' you are there to perform/display supernatural ability. Which Jim did.
Criss abused his position on the show. Very safe, sat up there in his tower... having made millions from performing his own style of trickery.

No one calls Criss on anything during his specials because A: Most of the 'Audience' are paid actors... and, if they ever did ... his mob of security would whisk them away and edit out the disruption.

Very easy to be a legend when you have a team of brilliant minds coming up with your effects and have full control over edits, actors and scripting.
James Randi is no better than Penn and Teller or Criss Angel, they are a bane on magic. Other than respecting them as human beings, I have absolutely no respect for them as magicians. Exposing a charlatan hurts those who are practicing magicians and are trying to claw their way up the ladder. What Criss was asking Jim to do is akin to me saying to Penn and Teller, "Let's use my Sig and let me load it and you can now perform your double bullet catch."
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 11:35, David Thiel wrote:
Paul...you are a twisted genius. I just laughed out loud. Geez, guy!

David
[/quote]

Yes. Yes I am. .... and very humble about it too ;)
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 11:33, seangiles wrote:
[/quote]

Or.... I would have said .. "O.K... tell ya what dawg... you levitate across the room and I will tell you whats in the envelope"

So easy for me to sit here and think of what I WOULD have said hahaha

Truth be told I would have just lost it and made sure Angel didn't need to wear eye make up for a good few weeks.
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 11:29, Paul Shirley wrote:

What would I have done in this situation? I would have got all serious again, contacted Raymond and said "Inside the envelope I see a picture... a picture of Criss Angel, at a party, of sorts, smiling, surrounded by oiled up nude men"

LOL
Paul...do you realize how many gay men you may have offended with that comment ! :)

It is a good thing that Jim ,restrained himself,before throwing the former bouncer off stage! It could have gotten much worse...Imagine getting *itch slapped by Criss Angel on live television ! :)
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 12:02, Godzilla wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 11:29, Paul Shirley wrote:

LOL
Paul...do you realize how many gay men you may have offended with that comment ! :)

It is a good thing that Jim ,restrained himself,before throwing the former bouncer off stage! It could have gotten much worse...Imagine getting *itch slapped by Criss Angel on live television ! :)
[/quote]

Not many :) ... Do you know how many gay men I know and love dearly as great mates? :)

And I doubt it would have been Jim getting !@#$% slapped man... Criss is tiny.
They say dynamite comes in small packages !
Yeah.. maybe "Its a Jersey Thing" (Southpark) :)

To be fair...On the flip side you also failed to point out how many women Criss has offended by wearing their clothes :)
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 12:53, Paul Shirley wrote:
Yeah.. maybe "Its a Jersey Thing" (Southpark) :)

To be fair...On the flip side you also failed to point out how many women Criss has offended by wearing their clothes :)
[/quote]

Touche ! That is fair mate ! :)
Hahahahhaha
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 11:44, Dreadnought wrote:
James Randi is no better than Penn and Teller or Criss Angel, they are a bane on magic. Other than respecting them as human beings, I have absolutely no respect for them as magicians. Exposing a charlatan hurts those who are practicing magicians and are trying to claw their way up the ladder. What Criss was asking Jim to do is akin to me saying to Penn and Teller, "Let's use my Sig and let me load it and you can now perform your double bullet catch."
[/quote]

I would rather be a bane on magic, as you put it, rather than letting such charlatans make money from other peoples grief. It is there knowledge of magic that allows them to defraud such individuals ( I exclude Angel from this) and allows other not to be exposed to particular cons of mediums, faith healers etc

Penn and Teller are performing tricks and they make no other claims, yet mediums do make claims that are untrue and immoral and are no more than charlatans and frauds after the grief stricken s money. that's where the anger and frustration comes from.

Dean
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 12:58, Deano88 wrote:
[quote]
I would rather be a bane on magic, as you put it, rather than letting such charlatans make money from other peoples grief. It is there knowledge of magic that allows them to defraud such individuals ( I exclude Angel from this) and allows other not to be exposed to particular cons of mediums, faith healers etc

Penn and Teller are performing tricks and they make no other claims, yet mediums do make claims that are untrue and immoral and are no more than charlatans and frauds after the grief stricken s money. that's where the anger and frustration comes from.

Dean
[/quote]

I thought we were talking of mediums and the presentations posted?

But from your post it looks as though you wish to talk about psychologists, therapists, counselors,
religious leaders et all.

Perhaps I am wrong but wonder why you would think such a things?

The page linked to explains that I did accept Angels, challenge.
However the producers would not or could not assure me of the
money offered.
http://jimclass.com/he_really_did_it.htm

I told them (The Producers) in a conversation that I would take
his money and ruin his career on their show.

Please note that many miss the fact that I
put up $50,000.00 to guarantee what I was doing.

Lots of people wagging their yaps but if they consider this
and the fact Angel could not expose or bust me leaves only
one answer.

I did what was claimed I would do.

All of the people who work with me closely on
my experiments and presentations will submit to polygraph
testing etc. to confirm they do not know how Raymond & I produced
what we did.

These people would be Timmy O’Brien, Dave Koenig, Mick Ayres.

Would also point out Angel, never opened the second envelope as he said he would
on his show.

Could it be because he knows I predicted what was in it?

Jim

H.o.a-X
Jim, How did you guarantee the 50k?
It was a guarantee during his show,No one new about because producers would not allow it . It is in his earlier link!

I never new that Angel even opened the first envelope !!!
He did, it was "911"
Or "116" if Uri had finished before he got it open...
MINDFREAK!
Thomas,Tony thanks!

Criss, I then predict the second envelope had 999 for Halloween,you little devil !
That way he could have called it 666 ! That was with no help from the dead!
Tell you what: probably the most shocking thing was the explosive tirade of "Non-TV Allowable" words that Criss screamed on live TV.

The fines the FCC could have levied on NBC could have been huge. Thankfully some was quick on the “kill audio” button.

A loss of control like that on a major network could eliminate one for consideration for any live TV event.

Tony
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 13:26, Jim-Callahan wrote:

I thought we were talking of mediums and the presentations posted?

But from your post it looks as though you wish to talk about psychologists, therapists, counselors,
religious leaders et all.

Perhaps I am wrong but wonder why you would think such a things?

Jim

H.o.a-X
[/quote]

Ha Ha I was talking of mediums , and religious leaders would fit in there too, I disagree with the psychologists counselors. But then iam biased iam a forensic psychology student! I can see where you get such a view from as not all therapies and rehabilitation methods work with everyone, but the difference with psychological practices is that its based on scientific evidence and studies , something the other side lacks,

Anyone can talk to the dead. It's getting them to talk back that's the hard part!

Dean
Dean

How do you know they don't?
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 16:55, Aaron E wrote:
Dean

How do you know they don't?
[/quote]
Hi Aaron
Sorry not sure what your referring to here

Dean
Because the people who claim to speak with the dead, even the famous ones, have been caught out cheating so many times. And the methods they use? Common trickery that we all use. It's not difficult to see the truth. It's hiding there in plain sight, we just have to look for it and it's there.

best
Sean
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 20:11, seangiles wrote:
Because the people who claim to speak with the dead, even the famous ones, have been caught out cheating so many times. And the methods they use? Common trickery that we all use. It's not difficult to see the truth. It's hiding there in plain sight, we just have to look for it and it's there.

best
Sean
[/quote]

Have at it prove you know what you are going on about.

Prove me wrong and win a prize that even Randi & Angel could not claim.

Get onto it Boy-O.

Jim

H.O.A-X

PS. Just having some fun and hope you see it as such.
I'm not having fun here at all, but I contact my dead father almost every night, and that's not a joke (unless I wished to disrespect him to hell, but I'm not going to do that, why would I?)

....however, can I prove it? Heck no......sorry, but that's my secret and I'll take it to the grave....

Kam
[quote]
best
Sean
[/quote]

Actually Sean that's not really the case. I'm assuming that this is not something you are involved with so in all fairness ther'll be stuff you might not be aware of.
But there are many who have NEVER been caught cheating. One guy even visited The Magic Circle and did a full presentation and no one had a clue how he achieved what he did.
Tom,

I am sorry for not offering a reply.
Have been a bit lost in some personal issues.

However I will do so tomorrow.

Best Wishes,

Jim
[quote]
On 2011-07-12 06:32, bobser wrote:
[quote]
best
Sean
[/quote]
Actually Sean that's not really the case. I'm assuming that this is not something you are involved with so in all fairness ther'll be stuff you might not be aware of.
But there are many who have NEVER been caught cheating. One guy even visited The Magic Circle and did a full presentation and no one had a clue how he achieved what he did.
[/quote]

Bobster, you may want to PM me with this, but how did he "prove" contact with the dead? Jim chose to reveal an item hidden in a box. What did he do?
[quote]
On 2011-07-12 20:44, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Tom,

I am sorry for not offering a reply.
Have been a bit lost in some personal issues.

However I will do so tomorrow.

Best Wishes,

Jim
[/quote]

Thank you :)
[quote]
On 2011-07-11 20:35, Jim-Callahan wrote:
[quote]

best
Sean
[/quote]

Have at it prove you know what you are going on about.

Prove me wrong and win a prize that even Randi & Angel could not claim.

Get onto it Boy-O.

Jim

H.O.A-X

PS. Just having some fun and hope you see it as such.
[/quote]

Jim,

No problem. Having fun is what it's all about :)
Regarding your challenge though, I'm not sure anyone could prove you wrong? To start with I would have to be there watching you perform. The helper would have to be someone above suspicion who could attest to no p*****w force. I would have to completely examine all the props. And that's just for starters. All I can say from watching the performance is that the method was well hidden.
I really enjoyed the performance though. The build up was dramatic and the way you revealed was a nice touch but it was designed for theatrical effect. In that you excelled. I'm sure that if we could really talk to the dead it would be quite uninspiring and perhaps even boring to watch.

All in all, great performance? You bet. Speaking to the dead? Not on your nellie :)

best
Sean
[quote]
But let me ask you several questions:

1. Don't you believe the "spirit" of the writer may be offended by your demonstration? I personally am an atheist and do not believe in an afterlife, but if you do can you understand how some may see this as a direct insult to someone's soul?

2. What about the families of the writer? If my mother died, and her soul was supposedly being "channelled" by a medium on tv, I may well be highly offended by this.

3. Do you think you are causing people to believe in things (religion etc) which they would not otherwise believe in?

4. Do you ever feel ashamed of your work?

I respect you as a performer Jim. You do the art of magic and Mentalism no harm - and while I disagree with your performance style, I really respect you. But I am curious as to how you deal with these questions? PM if you like.

Tom
xx
[/quote]

Once again sorry it took me some time to reply.
(An explanation will be posted to a new thread tomorrow).
I will reply to each answer in turn in the event you or others
should desire further clarification or conversation on a point.

Hopefully this will keep things manageable.

Reply to Question #1

Raymond Hill, was and is a medium, electrical engineer and owned a couple of companies.
Some people have described him as an industrialist.

He only published one book (Self published through a vanity press)and that was about his current
and previous life. It also contained information as to how he used a pendulum for gaining information.

As to your comment about the afterlife.

One must first have a firm grasp of this reality in all of its contexts.

It is not possible to scientifically of philosophically believe you exist
now but not in another.

In some ways this is your afterlife.

For instance any picture you have is the picture of a dead person, yourself included.

That is the truth and proof that life goes on in a very simple in the now proof.

I can offer other information but I think that this simple one may be enough.

Best Wishes,

Jim

H.o.A-X